Random Politics & Religion #13

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #13
Random Politics & Religion #13
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39
By Ramyrez 2016-10-27 10:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fight corruption in the government by outsourcing your corruption to private government contractors!

Wooo!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-27 10:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. Serious discussion is boring.

Back to nonsense.

By eliroo 2016-10-27 10:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Fight corruption in the government by outsourcing your corruption to private government contractors!

Wooo!

I think it is one of those things where the goal is nice but the methods to get there won't work because of human nature... pretty much like Reaganomics.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-27 11:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm.... I'm surprised that the "Bill Clinton Inc." memo is actually getting coverage by the MSM. Weird.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-27 11:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Hmm.... I'm surprised that the "Bill Clinton Inc." memo is actually getting coverage by the MSM. Weird.

Probably because the media can easily separate Bill and Hillary.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-27 11:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This just in....

YouTube Video Placeholder

Chealsea Clinton is a “spoiled brat kid.”

Who would have guessed she would grow up to be a ***?

I'm shocked I tell you SHOCKED!

abc news
By Ramyrez 2016-10-27 11:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet another Wet Willie to you all!

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-10-27 11:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
eliroo said: »
I think a bit of this an exaggeration the assumption is that the any Supreme Court nominees that Clinton picks will be pretty far left. Even McCain said that he would examine each nominee but his assumption is that they are going to disagree with any nomination Clinton will pick given her record. The media is just trying to make the Republicans look bad by creating the narrative that they aren't doing their job. Frankly it makes perfect sense to me, I don't even necessarily agree with them but it is how our government works.

I'm not even talking about Clinton. They refuse to have an hearing with anyone the CURRENT president nominates. It's their job to have an hearing with the nominees and they refuse to do it. They completely refuse to work with Obama, no chance of compromise.

Who said that a lame duck president should not appoint a SCJ during an election year? I'll wait.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-27 11:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a bit of this an exaggeration the assumption is that the any Supreme Court nominees that Clinton picks will be pretty far left. Even McCain said that he would examine each nominee but his assumption is that they are going to disagree with any nomination Clinton will pick given her record. The media is just trying to make the Republicans look bad by creating the narrative that they aren't doing their job. Frankly it makes perfect sense to me, I don't even necessarily agree with them but it is how our government works.

I'm not even talking about Clinton. They refuse to have an hearing with anyone the CURRENT president nominates. It's their job to have an hearing with the nominees and they refuse to do it. They completely refuse to work with Obama, no chance of compromise.

But they are doing their job. Are you telling me a company has to interview every application they get? They read the application and understand what the person is about and they can easily decide then. You are still exaggerating and clearly don't understand the situation. This isn't some childish protest they are doing, they want a Justice that represents their views and they currently have house majority so they are within power to do that.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-27 11:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »

Who said that a lame duck president should not appoint a SCJ during an election year? I'll wait.

Would that be the right-hand man of the guy who said he first heard about a certain server in the news... after sending emails to said server using a pseudonym on numerous occasions?

Yeah, words apparently don't mean anything.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-27 12:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

childish protest

you must not have watched much C-Span for the last sixteen years....that's all anyone ever does in congress.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-10-27 12:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, words apparently don't mean anything.

Bouflepoosh!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-10-27 13:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Obamacare: shoved down America's throat because of lack of compromise

Refusal to hold Justice hearings: checks and balances, y'all!
By eliroo 2016-10-27 13:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

But they are doing their job. Are you telling me a company has to interview every application they get? They read the application and understand what the person is about and they can easily decide then. You are still exaggerating and clearly don't understand the situation. This isn't some childish protest they are doing, they want a Justice that represents their views and they currently have house majority so they are within power to do that.

President nominates 1 single person, it's their job to have an hearing with him and then have a vote. It's their job. So it's exactly that, a childish protest.

What you describe here is the complete opposite of a compromise.
Merrick Garland is center left, it's not like he chose someone who is far left.

It is inaccurate to say they aren't doing their job though, which is what I'm getting at. I personally disagree with their stance but it isn't that big of a deal nor are they shunning their duties. If it is legal and within their means they are doing their job.

Remember that these people are voted in to represent people so they are representing those peoples opinions.
By eliroo 2016-10-27 13:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Obamacare: shoved down America's throat because of lack of compromise

Refusal to hold Justice hearings: checks and balances, y'all!

Obamacare was compromised, which is probably why it is pretty crappy now. It was still subject to those same Checks and Balances. Not sure what you are arguing.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-27 13:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what you are arguing.

Not to put too fine a point on it but essentially he is saying that we and our (republican) representatives in congress are a bunch of spoil sport crybaby ***.

Which... he has a point... we haven't done anything worthwhile in congress since we put the contract out on america ..in 1994?

twenty two years ago...holy ***
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-27 14:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
This guy:

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Not to put too fine a point on it but essentially he is saying that we and our (republican) representatives in congress are a bunch of spoil sport crybaby ***.

Which... he has a point... we haven't done anything worthwhile in congress since we put the contract out on america ..in 1994?
Nonsense. The Iraq war made quite a few Republican contractors filthy rich. I am sure they will argue that it was quite worthwhile.
By Ramyrez 2016-10-27 14:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

twenty two years ago...holy ***

Trying to remember what I was doin' 22 years ago has got me like...

It probably involved firecrackers, BB guns, and Ohio Bluetip matches though.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-10-27 14:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Nonsense. The Iraq war made quite a few Republican contractors filthy rich. I am sure they will argue that it was quite worthwhile.

Doesn't count. Iraq War was bi-partisan, even Hillary Clinton voted for it

It has to be something the GOP pushed through on their own like Obamacare
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-27 14:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

People are quick to forget that the people of this country wanted the war for the most part.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-10-27 15:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to use that as an analogy, it would more appropriate to say it was an application in your file you had set aside if a job opened up. Then when it is time to hire, your boss is like "remember this guy? We liked him didn't we", and you refuse to even review it because screw your boss.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-27 16:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't count. Iraq War was bi-partisan, even Hillary Clinton voted for it

It has to be something the GOP pushed through on their own like Obamacare
Impeaching Bill doesn't count either?

People are quick to forget that the people of this country wanted the war for the most part.
I was not one of them. Come to think of it, I didn't know but one person who was. This includes quite a few Republicans.

The one who was said, in a horrified voice with eyes wide in fright, "but what if Sadam comes over here?" I had a hard time not snorting in disgust.
By eliroo 2016-10-27 16:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The one who was said, in a horrified voice with eyes wide in fright, "but what if Sadam comes over here?" I had a hard time not snorting in disgust.

You are your group of friends don't represent the majority though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popular_opinion_in_the_United_States_on_the_invasion_of_Iraq

Hindsight is a powerful thing though.

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
If you want to use that as an analogy, it would more appropriate to say it was an application in your file you had set aside if a job opened up. Then when it is time to hire, your boss is like "remember this guy? We liked him didn't we", and you refuse to even review it because screw your boss.

If you want to use that as an analogy it would be more appropriate to say that the president of the united states asks you to hire a guy and you and your friends disagree with the president and think that anyone who recommends will be working towards his goal and not yours. You and your friends decide that the president of the US doesn't have your best interest in mind and decide to ignore his decisions.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-10-27 16:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Eliroo, but they should have the common courtesy to give the guy a hearing before they kick him down the road.

Indeed they have an obligation to give the guy a hearing. They have no obligation to approve him however.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-27 16:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You are missing the point Chanti, just like Shiroi. They don't have the obligation and if the people don't like their decision then they can vote them out and another person in. That is the point I'm trying to get at.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-10-27 18:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nostalgia intensifies:

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-27 19:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What's going to happen to the Bundy brothers? Prison for life? EXECUTION FOR TREASON?!?1?

Bundy Brothers Acquitted in Takeover of Oregon Wildlife Refuge

Oh, acquittal. Close enough.

NY Times:

Quote:
PORTLAND, Ore. — Ammon and Ryan Bundy and five of their followers, charged in the armed takeover of a federally owned Oregon wildlife sanctuary in January, were acquitted Thursday of federal conspiracy and weapons charges.

The verdict brings to a close a case that gripped the nation earlier this year with its public debate about government powers, public lands and constitutional rights.

There was a Wild West quality to the episode, with armed men in cowboy hats taking on federal agents in a tussle over public lands and putting out a call for aid, only to see their insurrection fizzle.

In a monthlong trial here, the defendants never denied that they had occupied and held the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge headquarters for nearly six weeks, demanding that the federal government surrender the 188,000-acre property to local control. But their lawyers argued that prosecutors did not prove that the group had engaged in an illegal conspiracy that kept federal workers — employees of the Fish and Wildlife Service and the Bureau of Land Management — from doing their jobs.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-10-27 20:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really a random thought, but it uses the T word..

Some of these people's understanding of how XI actually works reminds me of Trump. The scary thing, just like Trump, is how much support they get.

Unrelated: I like to look back on the old Trump commentary (here and across the internet) and how people thought the whole thing was hilarious.

It's like watching IT because it's a clown movie.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39