Random Politics & Religion #13

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #13
Random Politics & Religion #13
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 37 38 39
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-10-18 12:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
In other news: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trumps-five-point-plan-for-ethics-reform

Quote:
​DONALD J. TRUMP’S FIVE-POINT PLAN FOR ETHICS REFORM

“It’s Time To Drain The Swamp In Washington, D.C. That’s Why I’m Proposing A Package Of Ethics Reforms To Make Our Government Honest Once Again.” - Donald J. Trump

First: I am going to re-institute a 5-year ban on all executive branch officials lobbying the government for 5 years after they leave government service. I am going to ask Congress to pass this ban into law so that it cannot be lifted by executive order.

Second: I am going to ask Congress to institute its own 5-year ban on lobbying by former members of Congress and their staffs.

Third: I am going to expand the definition of lobbyist so we close all the loopholes that former government officials use by labeling themselves consultants and advisors when we all know they are lobbyists.

Fourth: I am going to issue a lifetime ban against senior executive branch officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.

Fifth: I am going to ask Congress to pass a campaign finance reform that prevents registered foreign lobbyists from raising money in American elections.

Not only will we end our government corruption, but we will end the economic stagnation.
It's not that I'm even opposed to this... But how will this eliminate all government corruption?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-10-18 13:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not even sure it would eliminate any corruption.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-10-18 13:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Except there is factual basis, he is using the FBI's documentation as his basis. Unless you are going to claim that 4 part documentation that the FBI released to be fictitious. Certainly you aren't implying that.
Was it under the section titled "Collusion with the State Department"? Because that was the one part I really just skimmed.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2016-10-18 14:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Uh, no. I am not ignoring anything. You keep trying to say Mr Redacted "lacked the clearance" and thats the wrong word. It's not about lacking the clearance, the peon at the FBI lacked the authority to do anything. He couldn't approve it, he couldn't reject it. He had no choice but to follow procedure and send it over to the correct department and they promptly said no. Credit Mr. Redacted for doing the right thing, he didn't "collude" with anyone.

Problem is we don't know redacteds position. So I will agree that either of us can be right in this situation and it just depends on if redacted could normally declassify certain emails or even deny the original request based on the fact it was quid pro quo. If he was a crony, you would be correct but if he was in any position of my power my anecdote would be correct.

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
It's not that I'm even opposed to this... But how will this eliminate all government corruption?

I think it is extremely ambitious and definitely won't end all government corruption. The idea is also nice but passing a bill of this magnitude would require a miracle as both political parties would most likely be against this. It will potentially end some corruption though, which is better than none.

We also have to consider how presidential candidates often say things and then don't follow through.

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Was it under the section titled "Collusion with the State Department"? Because that was the one part I really just skimmed.

That is the speculation and the basis is the information given. Point I'm trying to make is that you can't compare his speculation to that of LG's flouride argument as KN does have a base of verified information to speculate from.

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
There is no collusion, at best you could say the undersecretary made an attempt at collusion. FBI did nothing wrong.

As I mentioned above, we can assume there may not have been collusion. I think it matters on [redacteds] position in the matter. If he had the ability to deny the request immediately based on the quid pro quo then I would consider it collusion, otherwise I agree it was just an attempt at collusion.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-18 14:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

That is the speculation and the basis is the information given. Point I'm trying to make is that you can't compare his speculation to that of LG's flouride argument as KN does have a base of verified information to speculate from.

That's all they have anymore. If they cannot argue, they just make baseless accusations.

Quote:
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
There is no collusion, at best you could say the undersecretary made an attempt at collusion. FBI did nothing wrong.

As I mentioned above, we can assume there may not have been collusion. I think it matters on [redacteds] position in the matter. If he had the ability to deny the request immediately based on the quid pro quo then I would consider it collusion, otherwise I agree it was just an attempt at collusion.
At the very least it's a failed attempt at collusion. The act of collusion itself is illegal and would make anyone who even attempted it subject to federal prosecution. At the very least, the Undersecretary of the State Department (a member of the Obama Administration) would be facing jail just by attempting such acts.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-10-18 14:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
At the very least it's a failed attempt at collusion. The act of collusion itself is illegal and would make anyone who even attempted it subject to federal prosecution. At the very least, the Undersecretary of the State Department (a member of the Obama Administration) would be facing jail just by attempting such acts.

Well its about time you figured it out. It has nothing to do with the FBI, the Obama administration, or the Clinton campaign. There was no collusion.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-18 14:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well its about time you figured it out. It has nothing to do with the FBI, the Obama administration, or the Clinton campaign. There was no collusion.

So, attempted collusion is nobody's fault. Unless... yes, I get it now! It's Bush's fault!
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-18 14:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like you completely ignored his statement.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-10-18 15:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

So, attempted collusion is nobody's fault. Unless... yes, I get it now! It's Bush's fault!

I didn't say it was nobody's fault. Clearly, it was the one individual who attempted it that should be blamed. He attempted it, he failed. He will probably resign. Thats it. Done.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-10-18 15:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say it was nobody's fault. Clearly, it was the one individual who attempted it that should be blamed. He attempted it, he failed. He will probably resign. Thats it. Done.

Do you really believe that these types of things are done in a vacuum?

Man, it must be nice to have a band of followers that are perfectly okay with you sacrificing the scapegoats that were just following orders "for the greater good".
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-10-18 15:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, it must be nice to have a band of followers that are perfectly okay with you sacrificing the scapegoats that were just following orders "for the greater good".

Well, we have all been asking for some evidence to back up the conspiracy theory that Obama himself ordered this to be done. Or Clinton ordered it. Or something. Anything really. All you guys have done so far is prove the FBI did its job.
By eliroo 2016-10-18 15:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, we have all been asking for some evidence to back up the conspiracy theory that Obama himself ordered this to be done. Or Clinton ordered it. Or something. Anything really. All you guys have done so far is prove the FBI did its job.

I think if anything, we are saying that it should be investigated. There is a chance it could be collusion between the state department and some other entity that we do not know of. Our speculation could also be wrong, which is ok.

What I'm trying to say is that claiming there currently isn't hard evidence is not reason enough to not speculate or investigate.

My personal basis for speculation is that there doesn't seem to be any benefit for anyone other than Clinton if the classification was changed for said email. Is it enough for a conviction? Nope. Is there enough information to speculate and start an investigation? I think so.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-18 15:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile Kerry apparently demanded Ecuador government to do something about Assange when he was there for the Colombia thing to prevent him from releasing further emails of Clinton(they cut his internet access).
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-10-18 15:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So the smoking gun here for inter-department collusion is an instance where the FBI resisted a potential compromise to its investigation? I checked the calendar for Opposite Day just in case so I guess this one will need some explaining.
By eliroo 2016-10-18 15:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Meanwhile Kerry apparently demanded Ecuador government to do something about Assange when he was there for the Colombia thing to prevent him from releasing further emails of Clinton(they cut his internet access).

Further more from the state department:

Quote:
U.S. State Department spokesperson John Kirby categorically denied the assertion.

“While our concerns about Wikileaks are longstanding, any suggestion that Secretary Kerry or the State Department were involved in shutting down Wikileaks is false. Reports that Secretary Kerry had conversations with Ecuadorian officials about this are simply untrue. Period.”
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-18 15:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, you guys must really think there are a whole list (or binders) of people out there willing to do illegal acts for Hillary Clinton.

Why would the Undersecretary commit possible collusion to reclassify emails (even a single email) for a person who is no longer in power?

Why would Clinton's aides destroy evidence, or have the FBI destroy it for them?

Why would Comey even recommend no prosecution, when all the evidence states otherwise?

And you guys seriously think that all these things are individual events not for the benefit of Clinton?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-18 15:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

On one side Wikileaks is so openly biased that it's hard sometimes to not doubt their trustworthiness...

On the other hand, it's really hard to take seriously someone called Kirby.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-18 15:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

On one side Wikileaks is so openly biased that it's hard sometimes to not doubt their trustworthiness...

I agree that they are bias, but they almost always release factual information. I think there is little reason to completely deny their claims. It is obviously in the interest of the state department to deny these claims.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-18 15:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Better yet, if anyone wants to fall on the sword for Clinton, go ahead and do it now.

Any takers here? Come on now, all it's going to take is a conviction, a federal record, and 2 years being Mike's new butt buddy. And I'm sure Clinton will remember your sacrifice for her "noble" cause when she throws you under the bus and puts another 5 years onto your sentence.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-18 15:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, more than once I've seen their leaks accompanied by conjecture. I don't know if to attract more people or to sway opinions, but there's that.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-10-18 15:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, more than once I've seen their leaks accompanied by conjecture. I don't know if to attract more people or to sway opinions, but there's that.

Fair enough, they also didn't give a source for the accusation.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-10-18 15:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that they are bias, but they almost always release factual information. I think there is little reason to completely deny their claims. It is obviously in the interest of the state department to deny these claims.

Really? "Almost always factual information?" They are a criminal organization that has plenty of time to alter or fabricate the files they have obtained. They aren't a news outlet.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-18 15:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Already planning your next excuse Vic?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-10-18 15:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You're so cute.
By eliroo 2016-10-18 16:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? "Almost always factual information?" They are a criminal organization that has plenty of time to alter or fabricate the files they have obtained. They aren't a news outlet.

Just because you don't want to believe the information they release doesn't make them less factual. Wikileaks actually has a good reputation for providing raw data.

As Seha mentioned, they may inject their opinion in conjuncture with the information they provide but their opinion doesn't invalidate their information.

You can't believe everything that CNN says about Wikileaks.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-18 16:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You're so cute.
The falsehoods in this section know no bounds!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-10-18 16:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What does CNN say about Wikileaks? I just know that the Russians and Wikileaks are working together to try to influence the election, and given how Putin knows if Clinton takes office his dreams of further expansion are dead, its easy to question the validity of the Podesta files, which thus far, have been harmless. They don't have much longer to step it up.
By eliroo 2016-10-18 16:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What does CNN say about Wikileaks? I just know that the Russians and Wikileaks are working together to try to influence the election, and given how Putin knows if Clinton takes office his dreams of further expansion are dead, its easy to question the validity of the Podesta files, which thus far, have been harmless. They don't have much longer to step it up.

That is what CNN says.

Why are we also blaming Russia for everything, its like the cold war all over again.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-10-18 16:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I just know that the Russians and Wikileaks are working together to try to influence the election
And you accuse others of conspiracy?

You tell the tallest one yet!

given how Putin knows if Clinton takes office his dreams of further expansion are dead
Please, Putin knows that Clinton is like Obama; weak and worthless.

Remember boys and girls, when Bush left office, Crimea was still a sovereign state, and Syria wasn't in civil war. Obama could have done more to prevent such things, but he ran out of red paint to draw in the sand.

Clinton wouldn't do a damn thing against Putin, and will just be as weak as Obama in foreign affairs.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 37 38 39