Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 141 142 143
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-11-07 05:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Similar for me except I decided to switch my TP cape to DA to balance out all the STP from the recent Lilith gear.
ItemSet 318920
For dual wield I just swap Wind belt and Dedition earring for Reiki/Eabani.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-07 05:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't mathed it out so I could be completely wrong here, but are you sure the +1 STP on Ainia Collar makes it worth over Anu Torque?
Granted that RDM generally doesn't exactely have accuracy issues, especially with the Malignance Gear, but still...

Also are you sure about the no Hetairoi? It gives a small amount of TA, which synergizes better with Temper2 than DA, and it increases the damage of TA procs, which we gonna have aplenty.

Personally atm I'm still using Reiki Yotai / Eabani Earring, but I've been wanting to change that for some time to equip Windbuffet+1.
DW+10 on cape wouldn't be enough though, whereas DW+10 on cape and DW+4 on Eabani would be 2-3 DW more than we need, hence reducing the TP per hit.

Need to make precise calculations for that, in the end it might be worth it in terms of gained DPS despite the reduced TP per hit.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-11-07 06:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

My set is mainly for maximum TP gain not paying any mind to white damage really (Mostly used for Dyna these days anyway where I'd need to kill a statue asap or sanguine spam a w3 boss). My logic atm right or wrong is STP+6 is faster than TA+2 in that in 100 swings for example STP would be "106" worth of attacks, TA+2 would be "104".

Sorry but, whether the trip damage +5 on 1/3 of your swings is worth it or STP+1 vs Attack+20 I can't say. Maybe someone else crunched all that to know what's super optimal? I am curious if someone knows for sure what's best now overall.

EDIT:
Well after looking at the https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31534/math-oax-multi-attack-and-you thread I realize now I wasn't taking into account the diminishing returns and priority of QA/TA/DA properly. I'll be switching cape back to STP >_>;
By SimonSes 2019-11-07 06:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Personally atm I'm still using Reiki Yotai / Eabani Earring, but I've been wanting to change that for some time to equip Windbuffet+1.
DW+10 on cape wouldn't be enough though, whereas DW+10 on cape and DW+4 on Eabani would be 2-3 DW more than we need, hence reducing the TP per hit.

Thats why you make DW+7 cape :)

EDIT: That being said, Im nto sold on Windbuffet at all. stpCape+Reiki is +14sTP, DW7Cape+Windbuffet is 2%QA,2%TA. I dont think it's worth it. That being said you want that DW7cape for enspell setup with Orpheu's sash.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-11-07 07:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

or you make a dw 10 cape and not care about the .something dw you don't need and use any other earring
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-11-07 07:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
or you make a dw 10 cape and not care about the .something dw you don't need and use any other earring

Sure but afaik you are 1.5% slower without that 1%DW. Not sure which other earring can make much higher difference than that. Dedition?
By Torzak 2019-11-07 10:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll use Sherida almost regardless of what you're trying to do. So let's just assume that's in play.

You'll use orpheus if you're trying to do an enspell build, and I'm not even touching that in this post.

This is about a non enspell oriented build:

Reiki/Eabani plus Store TP Cape
DW11 capped (1.54% more attack speed than below builds), +10acc, +14 Store TP, -2enmity, +8magic evasion +45HP

DW10 Cape, Brutal, Windbuffet+1
DW10 (barely shy of cap), 2QA, 2TA, +2acc, 5DA, 1 Store TP

DW10 Cape, Dedition, Windbuffet+1
DW10 (barely shy of cap), 2QA, 2TA, -8acc, -10atttack, Store TP +8

I've been running with the 8 extra magic evasion.
[+]
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-11-07 14:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Similar for me except I decided to switch my TP cape to DA to balance out all the STP from the recent Lilith gear.
ItemSet 318920
For dual wield I just swap Wind belt and Dedition earring for Reiki/Eabani.
Assuming you swapped the DA for stp on cape, this set with Crocea/blurred +1 will give you 101 stp, which is 9 hits to 1k tp.

But you remain 11 DW shy of delay cap even when max haste.

Swapping out the neck to anu torque and hetairoi ring is still the same 9 hits, but more white dmg.
Still 11 DW shy

Swapping out neck, ring, waist and dedition for Anu, Hetairoi, Ebani, and Reikei. Gain of 2% TA and 5% TA dmg.

You are delay capped and 10 hits per 1k tp. (4stp shy of getting back to 9 hits)

I would ditch the 1 hit difference and cap delay. Probably raise a few of the slots with multi-hit as you can drop all the way down to 73stp and still have 10 hits.
Especially if you have a cor in party.

Petrov ring, maybe bring back the multi-hit cape, using a few taeon pieces, boots with TA+2 and Reiki for 11 DW allows you to put on dedition with DA back and still have 73stp.
That is a gain of 2% TA (lose 2% QA), 5% TAdmg, 11% DA, still 10hits to 1k (not including ws) and being delay capped.

ItemSet 369585

73stp for tern+1 offhand on crocea as well.
Regal neck sam can roll 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, or 11 and you will be down to 8 hits

TLDR; stp vs multihit is a balance game, they will begin to devalue themselves with too much of one if you don't start working on the other.
edit: all sets also lack orpheus's sash and ayanmo+2 hands which play a huge part in rdm dmg when you use crocea (which I assume you are since you said you are using sang blade)
By Aerix 2019-11-07 15:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Empyrean said: »
Petrov ring, maybe bring back the multi-hit cape, using a few taeon pieces, boots with TA+2 and Reiki for 11 DW allows you to put on dedition with DA back and still have 73stp.
That is a gain of 2% TA (lose 2% QA), 5% TAdmg, 11% DA, still 10hits to 1k (not including ws) and being delay capped.

ItemSet 369585

TLDR; stp vs multihit is a balance game, they will begin to devalue themselves with too much of one if you don't start working on the other.
edit: all sets also lack orpheus's sash and ayanmo+2 hands which play a huge part in rdm dmg when you use crocea (which I assume you are since you said you are using sang blade)

Even if Taeon Boots are slightly more DPS they're not really worth the loss of MEVA and DT that Malignance Boots offer (81 MEVA difference). In many fights, even a single extra Amnesia, Stun, Paralyze or Slow that otherwise wouldn't land will cost you a lot of DPS.

As for Crocea, Ternion+1 is mostly only a good offhand if you're strictly going for Enspell damage (or when using Almace/Ternion+1). Daybreak or Tauret are much better offhands if you are using Seraph or Sanguine due to the large amounts of MND, MAB, MACC and MDMG.
 Asura.Snoctopus
user: Snoctopus
By Asura.Snoctopus 2019-11-07 16:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get caught up on this thread. I'm a returning player that came back and wanted to give RDM a shot. I'm fully aware that getting REMA weapons done isn't top priority, but I don't mind identifying these long term goals early so I can start to pick away at them. I'm not sure how up to date the front page for this guide is, but I was wondering based on the Crocea Mors discussion the past few pages if it is still worth building Murgleis/Almace as a long term goal? Or are they really not useful anymore?
By FaeQueenCory 2019-11-07 16:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Crocea Mors changes your playstyle and builds to emphasize enspells and magic WSs.
Almace is still pretty pimp for physical DDing.
Murgleis is fine (Death Blossom is a good WS, and AM3 in Malignance is really really good), but it's not leagues ahead of Crocea Mors/Naegling/Daybreak for enfeebles.... And R15 Almace is pretty ridic. Murgleis looks cooler though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Empyrean
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-11-07 16:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Bahamut.Empyrean said: »

ItemSet 369585

Even if Taeon Boots are slightly more DPS they're not really worth the loss of MEVA and DT that Malignance Boots offer (81 MEVA difference). In many fights, even a single extra Amnesia, Stun, Paralyze or Slow that otherwise wouldn't land will cost you a lot of DPS.

As for Crocea, Ternion+1 is mostly only a good offhand if you're strictly going for Enspell damage (or when using Almace/Ternion+1). Daybreak or Tauret are much better offhands if you are using Seraph or Sanguine due to the large amounts of MND, MAB, MACC and MDMG.

Nothing I said was set in stone, it was to point out that you shouldn't focus on purely stp and how much store tp is needed just to shave off 1 hit whereas you can add in more multihit
By green212 2019-11-08 14:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

have smn enspell buffs been tested with rdm? with inferno howl (711 skill) i am doing roughly 50% more enspell dmg using croc than my own 610 skill spells, which seems too good to be true
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-11-08 14:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I can confirm it work and is much stronger than RDM's enfire :O
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-08 23:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Snoctopus said: »
Hey everyone, I'm trying to get caught up on this thread. I'm a returning player that came back and wanted to give RDM a shot. I'm fully aware that getting REMA weapons done isn't top priority, but I don't mind identifying these long term goals early so I can start to pick away at them. I'm not sure how up to date the front page for this guide is, but I was wondering based on the Crocea Mors discussion the past few pages if it is still worth building Murgleis/Almace as a long term goal? Or are they really not useful anymore?

Crocea Mors is a pretty amazing piece, but you need to pump a lot of either gil or time in Dynamis Divergence into it, and that is not even counting a typically steep upfront price tag that can rival building Murgleis. having said that, for me it was 150 mill well spent and the ever growing returns as I finish out the final 9 levels of it are so satisfying. the thing is a fantastic all in one piece, and where I would personally put my money.

if you are just starting back out, I really would push you to look into Naegling and/or Tauret which, while much more physical in focus, are the easiest to obtain to get back into the swing of things, so to speak (Crocea is SU5, so you need to have gotten your 2100 job points to even equip it). Savage Blade has been in a good place for a while, and with Naegling you will get respectable numbers out of it even with mediocre gear. Maxentius is a very solid weapon as well for more versatility, but RDM doesn't have fantastic Club skill, which knocks it down a peg or two depending on how you play. I personally prefer Naegling and Savage to my Rank 0 Almace and CDC as I just cannot get the oomph out of it that I would like on RDM. RDM is going to be a bit of a heavier investment to get started with depending where you left off, but Ambuscade has a LOT to offer for it. overall though, it is difficult to think of a time where RDM has been doing so well as it is now since the 75 era, and a lot of that was just because we could kite and chip down things you couldn't on other jobs. that we actually get to use swords in a more "traditional" style to Final Fantasy as a whole has been welcome enough, respectable magic damage and at the very least semi-important debuffing is icing on the cake.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-09 09:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So I normally wouldn't do this, but everyone should check this out. I've shared this on few different places atm. This player is the definition of a god tier player.

World's first solo Warder of Courage has finally been done.
He prevented every single 1 hour and knew exactly what to do.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By geigei 2019-11-09 10:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Must be Avesta's new character.
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-11-09 11:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Read the liveblog of his video and trying to decipher google translate was too much for me.

Is he saying enspells block certain SPs and blizzard/fire 2 block the rest?
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-09 11:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Read the liveblog of his video and trying to decipher google translate was too much for me.

Is he saying enspells block certain SPs and blizzard/fire 2 block the rest?

Kinda yeah. So old school MB strats would spam T1 nukes to lock WoC in 1 2 hour.
You have to use the correct nukes for the corresponding 1hour it looks like. He explains in his Blog, but it's a bit hard to understand.

Enspells count as elemental damage which I didn't actually think would work.
By Aerix 2019-11-09 19:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
So I normally wouldn't do this, but everyone should check this out. I've shared this on few different places atm. This player is the definition of a god tier player.

World's first solo Warder of Courage has finally been done.
He prevented every single 1 hour and knew exactly what to do.

YouTube Video Placeholder

This doesn't take away from his impressive achievement, but I'm pretty sure this solo is impossible outside of the Alter Ego Expo Campaign. He'd spend a lot more time healing himself without Trusts and even with their help he only had 7 mins to spare.
 Asura.Snoctopus
user: Snoctopus
By Asura.Snoctopus 2019-11-11 13:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a lot for the advice. I looked up the Naegling - looks cool. I'll have to read up on how to get ambuscade items! I used to play a lot during the voidwatch days, so I have a ton of voidstones to try to farm pulse weapons with.
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-11-11 13:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Snoctopus said: »
Thanks a lot for the advice. I looked up the Naegling - looks cool. I'll have to read up on how to get ambuscade items! I used to play a lot during the voidwatch days, so I have a ton of voidstones to try to farm pulse weapons with.

Now is a great time to farm. VW campaign through the end of the month.
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-11-12 14:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

When is it best to use Regal Cuffs?
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-11-12 14:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just use them for everything outside of sabo
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-12 15:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
I just use them for everything outside of sabo
I personally support this.
It's what I'd do if I had them
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-11-15 08:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have other Lethargy +1 pieces on, Lethargy +1 hands have only slightly less enfeebling duration (due to the set bonus) and magic accuracy than Regal Cuffs, so the 19 enfeebling skill can make it worthwhile to use over Regal Cuffs on Distract III and Frazzle III.

On another note, has anyone ever tested where in the Enfeebling duration equation the new merits fall into? I assume they'd be in the same place as the other additives, but I haven't checked.

Finally, BG Wiki has this line for Saboteur: "On NMs the potency and duration are only +25%; however the Empyrean Gantherots still grant their full bonus (potency-only)." Does this mean the hands give a lesser bonus for duration on NMs, and if so, how much is it?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-11-15 10:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
On another note, has anyone ever tested where in the Enfeebling duration equation the new merits fall into? I assume they'd be in the same place as the other additives, but I haven't checked.

This is correct, they go after sabo multiplier, and before any other multipliers on duration.

Edit: Both the merits themselves, and the bonus from relic head
By BlaTheTaru 2019-11-15 12:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

For the fast cast set on the main page wouldn't Psycloth Lappas path D be a better more obtainable choice?
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-11-15 14:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends, I think that's a bit out of date. Nowadays RDM needs (read: highly benefit from) basically 2 sets for fastcast gear.

1) when you are not wielding crocea mors and you are not swapping weapons to keep TP.

2) when you are wielding crocea mors, or can swap to it in precast set.

With RDM's natural fast cast, and ability to get another 20% on Su5 alone, changes how to go around making a FC set.

Master RDM naked gets 38% + Su5 you're at 58% you only need to make 22% FC in gear.

AF+1 Hat gives you another 12%.
Relic Body +1 gives you another 13%

And you're already overcapped. (with Su5)

Add a loquacious earring if you're using Su4 sword, or update those above pieces to +2/3 and you're also there.

This is my current non-crocea FC set, which allows keeping Defending Ring in and other stuff.
Code
head		=	Carm.Head.D,            --14
body		=	RELIC.Body,           	--15 (body is +3)
right_ear	=	"Malignance Earring",   --4
neck		=	"Voltsurge Torque",     --4
right_ring	=	"Weather. Ring",        --5
-- Total: 42 in gear, 38 in master RDM = 80
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-15 14:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Psycloth would be the better choice though, higher HP/MP/FC.
The only thing better about Gyve is WHM/BRD/RNG/NIN/PUP can wear it... don't feel like checking but most of those jobs probably have something else that's better than gyve as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 85 86 87 ... 141 142 143