Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-08-05 20:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
I tend to expect the Enspell+ to be super low, like +1 each, maybe as high as +3. I suppose at +3 or higher it would become worth swapping in over Taeon Tights thought not Carmine Cuisses in cases where you need the dual wield.

Really don't see any reason to ever use the Enhancing Duration merits as Lethargy Houseaux has Enhancing Skill and Duration that I just don't see Vitiation Boots ever eclipsing with merits.
Uh, why are you looking only at the gear slots? You can benefit from merits even without using the associated gear that goes with them.

You know what, I don't know why lol. For some reason my head went to that space, I guess because some boosts can be pretty mediocre without the associated relic piece. Hm, in that case, I'm probably still leaning towards Enfeeb Duration/MAcc, but maybe I'll look at the Enhancing Duration now.

Still don't see the Enspell damage being worthwhile merits since I don't expect the total digit increase to be that much. Immunobreak honestly doesn't come up often enough for me to really see it as that beneficial. Accuracy, meh.
By Aerix 2019-08-05 23:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Chances are they might move the augments around for relic like they did with NIN. We'll have to wait and see.

As for Enspell damage+, even Ayanmo hands+2 adds a decent amount of DPS, so anything totaling +15 damage or more from merits could be worthwhile if you use Crocea often.

Small reminder for anybody seeing this pre-update: remerit your RDM to get the spells for free.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-08-06 00:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
  • The duration of the white magic spell Phalanx II has been adjusted to 240 seconds.

• The duration of the white magic spell Dia III has been adjusted to 180 seconds.

• The duration of the black magic spell Bio III has been adjusted to 180 seconds.

We didn't get stiffed on duration.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
Server: Asura
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-08-06 02:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Post update: 5/5 enspell dmg is 3 per merit (but 6 per for enspell II)

Decided to go swing at a few mobs.. Casting both en1 and en2 with the same enh skill set and swinging in the same TP set I am getting stronger en2.. Did they ninja made En2 snapshot on cast or am I seeing things? (all Enfire and Enfire2)

Continued on for a while and en1 was pretty much always the same dmg, where en2 was varying a little more but slightly stronger.

Edit: Derp, forgot about the multi attack part >.<
By Aerix 2019-08-06 02:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be a nice change, but as long as Enspell IIs don't proc on multiattacks they'll never be useful except in extremely specific situations that require you to reduce resistances.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-08-06 02:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Can check here https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Enspell

EDIT: What Aerix said. T2 Enspells aren't worth it at it's current state due to not affecting multi-attack.

What would you guys think of it if they were adjust T2 Enspells to work like T1? It wouldn't hurt to ask (maybe)
By Aerix 2019-08-06 03:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if T2 Enspells worked exactly like T1 with no damage bonus or resistance lowering it would still be an amazing change simply for the fact that Auspice and other crappy En-effects wouldn't overwrite our buff anymore (I'm looking at you, Ygnas).
[+]
By Aerix 2019-08-06 04:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, with 5/5 Enhancing Magic Duration merits my Temper II/Phalanx duration went from 17-18m up to 20m and Refresh III from like 22-23m to 26m. Relic boots are considerably worse for duration even with 5/5 and they have zero skill, so it's decisive. On party members Haste 2 went from 10m to 12m and Refresh III from 8m to 9m (possibly almost 10m).

Pretty nice, though mostly just a convenience. Enfeebling duration merits also don't seem awfully useful as Saboteur is so amazing now and I can't think of many fights where such long durations would really matter. The spells benefitting the most from it would be Sleep II/Sleepga, but typically BRDs or BLMs are much more suited for sleeping duty.

I'm starting to think Magic Accuracy merits + Enspell/Immunobreak (depending on content and whether you have Crocea) might be the way to go. MACC not only makes spells land more consistently, it also reduces resist rates for Enspells while meleeing. In fact, it's also much more action efficient if your Saboteur enfeebles land as soon as possible instead of getting resisted repeatedly. Sometimes you spend the entire duration just trying to land something, wasting Saboteur's effect.

Plus, you know, 5/5 MACC merits means you're also getting a decent bonus from the Relic head on top of that, so we might be looking at something like +30-50 MACC total. We should be able to see how much the MACC augment adds by comparing melee Accuracy values using Relic legs, if anybody has the merits and time to spend.

Edit: With 5/5 Enspell merits and BiS Enhancing skill, Relic legs add +46 per hit to Crocea enspell damage and +18 to non-Crocea hits. For comparison, Ayanmo+2 hands add about +157 to Crocea hits, so I'm guessing the Relic legs add an additional +1 Enspell damage per merit rank. As much as I like Enspell damage I don't think Relic Legs would be worth using over Taeon, although the large Attack+ is rather nice.

Edit 2: Just checked Relic legs before and after adding Accuracy merits. Seems like the augment adds an additional +3 Accuracy for each rank invested. In other words if Acc and MACC merits/augments behave the same, then 5/5 MACC merits would give you a total of +40 MACC using the Relic head.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-08-06 06:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys, Red Mage was the last job I leveled and geared, but have not played it since before the last update (to abilities).

Would it be possible for anyone to give us a run down on the major changes, and what we should be looking to change in our sets? Along with how the job plays differently? That would be amazing, thank you. Also, cheers to Aerix for taking the time to figure out the potential of things post update.
By minerviachan 2019-08-06 07:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone else getting severally reduced enspell numbers after update?

using the usual setup of mors, Orpheus, and aynamo gloves with the highest skill

pulling considerably less like a few hundred off on mobs.

use to beable to hit over 1k per hit on mobs like indomitable faaz in reisenjima (just an example)
can only make about 850 and that's with enspell merits capped
so dunno if broken or they changed the formula?

I thought maybe they removed the effect of Orpheus but unequipping and testing again does lower it so its not that.
thought also maybe the merits were bugged so removed those and it still dropped more so ruled that out

I don't know at this point.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2019-08-06 08:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Least they got augments right on relic head and perhaps legs but Immunobreak effect on relic hands and enhancing duration aug on relic feet? Least it wasn't bad as ninja placement i guess.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-06 08:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Listen we just got all the spells at full potency without merits, anything from merits is a bonus. I'm not in game so does anyone have the numbers for Enh duration snd Magic acc? Those seem to be the better choices at face value.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-08-06 09:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Also getting reports of severely lower enspell dmg.
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2019-08-06 09:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Listen we just got all the spells at full potency without merits, anything from merits is a bonus. I'm not in game so does anyone have the numbers for Enh duration snd Magic acc? Those seem to be the better choices at face value.

Enfeebling Duration - +6 seconds per merit
Magic Accuracy - +5 per merit
Enhancing Duration - +6 seconds per merit
Immunobreak Chance - Increases chance by 3% per merit
Enspell Damage - Enspell +3, Enspell II +6 per merit
Accuracy - +5 per merit
 Valefor.Reddfield
Server: Valefor
user: Reddfield
By Valefor.Reddfield 2019-08-06 09:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

En-spell damage buffed appropriately on my end;
With Enriching Sword T1 jumped from 432 -> 477
On other weapons damage increased from 342 -> 387

5/5 Enhancing Duration bumped Haste II from 19 minutes to 22 min - I assume this would be due to the merited 30 seconds being added to the base spell duration and therefore subject to multipliers from gear/Composure?
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-08-06 09:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Refresh III from like 22-23m to 26m
How is your Refresh so long, is it not full 15mp/tic potency? I'm using Ammurapi shield, Amal+1 head, Atrophy body and hands, Empyrean legs and feet (tried the relic feet augment, they seem terrible), R25 Neck, Max Ghostfyre Cape. Am I missing something here?
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-08-06 09:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Colada's +4% I'm at just under 22 minutes with mine though I only have a +1 Neck.

I went with Enfeeble Duration/Magic Accuracy for now. I may swap to Enspells once I get a Crocea. Or Enhancing Duration in place of Enfeebling Duration maybe, though I feel like the added 30 second base duration will be really nice for the longer fights.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2019-08-06 09:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Reddfield said: »
En-spell damage buffed appropriately on my end;
With Enriching Sword T1 jumped from 432 -> 477
On other weapons damage increased from 342 -> 387

5/5 Enhancing Duration bumped Haste II from 19 minutes to 22 min - I assume this would be due to the merited 30 seconds being added to the base spell duration and therefore subject to multipliers from gear/Composure?

Looks to be possibly error with Superior weapon dmg bonus. Kaja and su4 sword doing same enspell dmg.

Edit. Never mind something they changed with composure.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-06 09:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Maurauc said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

Enfeebling Duration - +6 seconds per merit
Magic Accuracy - +5 per merit
Enhancing Duration - +6 seconds per merit
Immunobreak Chance - Increases chance by 3% per merit
Enspell Damage - Enspell +3, Enspell II +6 per merit
Accuracy - +5 per merit

Additional 30s on base duration is really good, so that one is definitely a keeper.

Now it's down to 30s base duration on enfeebles, only useful on Sleep, Break and Silence. +30 Magic Accuracy, which is pretty incredible but we're already kinda stupid powerful in that territory. +15% chance at procing immunobreak, still too niche for my tastes but I guess if someone's frequently fighting boss's with lots of percentile resistance. +30 accuracy for melee, that's hot damn nice, and +15 base enspell damage also seems really awesome.

Enspell II has always been Enspell x2 for it's calculation, the cap is applied on swing which is why we get lower in practice.

So for myself it's down to Magic Accuracy and Enspell for my second category, End Duration is just too good to pass up. Also guys, duration on yourself doesn't matter anymore. It's already so absurdly long that we really don't need more. Duration on others is what matters cause those are the guys your recasting on.

Oh quick question, does the +Enspell only apply to the caster or do everyone? Prolly just to the caster but would be nice for accession.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-08-06 10:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cicion said: »
Least they got augments right on relic head and perhaps legs but Immunobreak effect on relic hands and enhancing duration aug on relic feet? Least it wasn't bad as ninja placement i guess.
It's basically the same.
BLM: elemental debuff shoes with aspir aug; MBB pants with elemental debuff aug
NIN: nuking head with idle aug; 0 MAB shoes with nuking aug
RDM: Enhancing hands with enfeeble aug; enfeebling shoes with enhancing aug

BRD'll be fine though. Both their merit spell gear are basically the same. (And there's nothing like having a 5% WSdmg head aug to go with your 10% WSdmg head...)

I know there's been some JPside bitching to swap NIN's augs... should just swap all three.

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget that the Empy set increases enfeeble duration in the same way it does enhancing magic, so enfeebling merits get multiplied out too.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2019-08-06 11:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Enfeebling magic duration is pretty interesting. If it applies before Saboteur bonus that 30s becomes 60s?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-06 11:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
I think Enfeebling magic duration is pretty interesting. If it applies before Saboteur bonus that 30s becomes 60s?

The JSE makes it larger, though with Sab now being 60s duration having max duration on buffed enfeebles isn't necessary. As long as your enfeeble lasts longer then 5 minutes you can always reapply it again. This more then anything is why I'm going 5/5 Enh duration over 5/5 Enf duration.
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2019-08-06 11:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah I haven't really played RDM since 75 cap.

Does feel like RDM got a lot of love.

The magic accuracy/accuracy categories applying to everything. Ninja's M.acc/MAB is limited to Ninjutsu for comparison.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-08-06 12:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What does your set look like for meleeing DT set with the new shield?

My first idea draft was along these lines...
ItemSet 368017
By FaeQueenCory 2019-08-06 16:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

moonlight ring over Chirich and you've capped PDT... though with a 10% PDT cape aug, same difference.
 Asura.Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-08-06 16:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
moonlight ring over Chirich and you've capped PDT... though with a 10% PDT cape aug, same difference.

Except Rdm is not on Moonlight sadly but... yeah 10% PDT on cape is pretty default I'd think. Not too sure though if there isn't something better to do with neck / earings shoving a few things around. My main idea was going boots / pants to JSE for more MEva...
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-08-06 16:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ***. You're right. I was thinking it was <<all jobs>>.... my bad.
By Boshi 2019-08-06 17:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Could always do pdt path on carmine feet

Ginsen isnt that big of a loss for 3dt if you need. I need to check my set

Cape + aya head/bod/hand * dring obvious swaps:
10+3+3+6+10 = 32

18+2ish needed from ammo/neck/ears/ring2/leg/feet
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 141 142 143