2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 141 142 143
By Boshi 2017-02-06 15:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

main: Colada augment: enhancing duration +3 (fern - magic path)
sub:Ammurapi Shield
 Asura.Jimothy
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Chaltor
By Asura.Jimothy 2017-02-06 15:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a +4 augment on Colada. I asked in another thread if anyone has seen more, but nobody replied. So I assume +4 is the most for now.
 Bismarck.Arcos
Server: Bismarck
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2017-02-06 17:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
For casting Haste II on others, the only empy piece you use in a perfect set is feet. Hands are AF (whatever level you have),body, head, legs are actually enhancing duration +10 augmented Telchine. You can push it farther with an enh. duration Grio or staff from Schah. Then, of course a +20 duration Ghostfyre cape.

Maybe I missed something but why Ghostfyre cape over Succello's Mantle?
By Boshi 2017-02-06 17:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They're calculated differently. Search for byrth's posts in the previous rdm main thread
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-02-06 20:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
For casting Haste II on others, the only empy piece you use in a perfect set is feet. Hands are AF (whatever level you have),body, head, legs are actually enhancing duration +10 augmented Telchine. You can push it farther with an enh. duration Grio or staff from Schah. Then, of course a +20 duration Ghostfyre cape.

This is why I shouldn't post while driving after a Neurology appointment. Sets are backwards. Empyrean for others with composure up, the set above for casting on yourself.

The suggestion of augmented Colada+Omen shield is excellent. I hadn't seen an enh. duration Colada, easier to farm than a Grio!
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-02-07 04:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thks for all your post ^^
So i need to get another JSE cape (the 3rd so ...) and this damn shield from Kei.

i love this job, every time you think you have done with a set, "Tadam" it's not ^^
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-02-07 10:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
Ok thks for all your post ^^
So i need to get another JSE cape (the 3rd so ...) and this damn shield from Kei.

i love this job, every time you think you have done with a set, "Tadam" it's not ^^

Just a question- are you referring to JSE capes in general, or 3 Ghostfyre capes? I can't really see the reason to have 3 of those these days...maybe two (one for enhancing skill/duration, one for a max enfeebling skill build where you'd swap out the "enhances enfeebling effect" of Sucellos...but I would be really hesitant to give up the 30 macc and 20 MND on my Sucellos's.). If you were combining your total JSE capes for RDM (Sucellos's and Ghostfyre), then yeah, I totally get ya. Currently have 5 Sucellos's and a Ghostfyre myself.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-02-07 10:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Atm i have :
5 Sucello's too
2 Ghostfyre (one max enfe skill, one max enhancing so i will get a full enhancing duration since it's hard to get enhanc/duration max on one only)
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2017-02-07 12:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Celebrindal and I both have a single Ghostfyre Cape for our Enhancing Magic. He was lucky to get his before me. I know I spent a good 5M+ gil and 500k bayld chasing that Enhancing Magic Skill +10/Enhancing Magic Duration +20 combo.

Time to get my 3rd Colada to prepare for the day I get Ammurapi Shield. Does anyone with shield and Enhancing Duration Colada have duration numbers?
By Afania 2017-02-07 23:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I sent a pm to Rydal but I got no reply so I decided to post here. I modified my spreadsheet to calculate RDM dps hierarchy after recent DD RDM drama on forums, only to find tp set on the first page may not be ideal.(The DW is a little bit too high for /NIN)

This is the highest dd tp/ws set that found with almace/cdc build(haven't look into aeonic/savage build), with 600 enhancing temper II and sam roll:

TA+2 on taeon

crit hit/damage +3 on taeon

The set does not include random lucky DM augment that may pop.

DW+10 ambuscade back seems to out perform stp or DA+10 because it frees up 2 slots for more TA/QA or stp. Just ear slot is 8 stp, waist is another slot for multi attack and acc.

Any suggestion or advice are welcomed, I'm not sure if I'm missing any gears.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-02-08 07:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Would imagine Chirich Ring +1 x2 would be better for TP gain, unless you're going for overall highest DPS I guess and not WS frequency, but then why use Ainia Collar and not Anu Torque?
By Boshi 2017-02-08 13:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania could i get a copy of this spreadsheet you used?
Does this account for enspell dmg?

Also for tp taeon pieces i guess for tp phase critdmg+3 should probably win on the dusk slot if there's no accuracy issue.
By Afania 2017-02-08 22:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Would imagine Chirich Ring +1 x2 would be better for TP gain, unless you're going for overall highest DPS I guess and not WS frequency, but then why use Ainia Collar and not Anu Torque?

I completely forget about Chirich ring +1, Thanks.

The buffs and target used is capped attack and acc, so ainia ended up having more stp and extra attack and acc from Anu became irrelevant on paper. In real scenario Anu is probably better most of the time.

The spreadsheet was modified from BLU ones, so no enspell. I'll have to do more research about how to add them.
By Boshi 2017-02-08 23:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea i was just curious I kinda do the same to guestimate stuff. You should try out ternion+1 for an offhand also.

There's a macc component to enspell so it's really hard to judge when the macc from body/hands will help. But enspell+15 on hands is kind of a lot to where I'm not sure 2ta would win out.
By Afania 2017-02-09 04:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
Yea i was just curious I kinda do the same to guestimate stuff. You should try out ternion+1 for an offhand also.

There's a macc component to enspell so it's really hard to judge when the macc from body/hands will help. But enspell+15 on hands is kind of a lot to where I'm not sure 2ta would win out.

Okay I figured out how to do enspells, gonna do some clean up with my spreadsheet this weekend.
By ForteGSX 2017-02-09 14:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking to see if anyone has a fairly up to date lua.

I have one thats working but the only way I've gotten it to work is by manually entering every single spell I use and I'm looking to see if I can either emulate another one to mine more streamlined or just flat out start from scratch.

Mine does work but I feel like I'm going about this the wrong way, my main focus has always been backline rdm but I have messed with DD'ing in a much lesser capacity and I'd really like to see what a good RDM lua looks like.
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-02-09 22:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm isn't a DD guys, I was told it wasn't by people on forum. Stop trying to make tp sets for it, rdm should put sword away and do it's mage duties.

/sarcasm

edit: I cleared Maju solo DD in 1:52 the other night as well in a 6 man pt with a non-idris geo
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-09 23:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

no one cares about your butthurt parse numbers
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-02-09 23:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, go away naysayer. My "butthurt" parse numbers shows me keeping up with all kinds of "actual dd" AG and aeonic DD, I was told it can't be done and I have proven time and time again I can do exactly what I said I was doing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-09 23:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a naysayer (pretty sure I haven't recently said anything on the matter either way), I just want you and the collective group of people that you're a part of that do nothing but engage in dickwaving contests with each other to put your egos aside for a while. It shits up the forums and has a tendency to overtake more productive discussions.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-02-09 23:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

nice numbers! Savage blade is super exploitable and thorva does very well as a DD rdm :D
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-02-09 23:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You should tone down the rudeness, I said for weeks rdm was a dd and got ridiculed for it. I posted this to prove rdm can keep up with dd after being told to prove it and now the first thing you do is go straight to bashing. You want to eliminate the *** waving but you immediately go into a negative behavior.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-09 23:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you do this in every thread you show up in. RDM. Dev Tracker. Omen. DRK. Do I need to continue? There's nothing new or "immediate" about this, it's an established pattern.

edit: I've made my point, so I'll bow out now. I don't want to run over this thread.
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-02-09 23:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So because I can do something and try to tell people that it is possible, then people like you come in and ridicule me and ask for proof, when I give the proof, it just gives you permission to go straight into attacking someone?

I went against the grain, spell billions, not millions, into rdm melee, I busted my *** on a job I enjoy to do what I do. I spent a long time putting up with the attacks and the crap from people like you that didn't believe me. I posted about rdm dd in the rdm forum, and you think it is ok to turn it into a flame war?

You should reconsider your reaction to my post. All I was doing was giving hope to all the people that want to DD on rdm and proving that rdm very well can.

As for all those forums, it was direct links to what was being talked about, I spoke up about rdm in dev tracker because rdm was brought up, I spoke about rdm in omen because someone said rdm can't do anything in omen, I am a drk main, so yeah I am in the drk forums a lot.

If you have a problem with me posting, block me, you won't have to see it anymore.
[+]
By Quizzy 2017-02-09 23:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm super interested in the RDM dd info, but I think it would be better served in its own thread.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-02-09 23:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Again with this

Quizzy said: »
I'm super interested in the RDM dd info, but I think it would be better served in its own thread.

This, exactly. RDM melee is an interesting subject, but I would suggest its own thread, along the lines of the military parade thread for bard.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-02-09 23:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Please refrain from provoking each other in the future.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-02-09 23:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

When this new thread is made, can we keep the experts on pissing contests out of it? Some people want to learn, not comb through ***.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-02-09 23:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

brd can dd? :D

Rdm dd thread could be fun to see. Rdm has some special tools which make all DD's happy too. Its just not pure dmg but they can haste3 everyone b4 a pop, land debuffs if needed, etc. Not a bad deal.
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-02-09 23:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Please refrain from provoking each other in the future.

Yeah, you sub WAR for double attack and zerk, you don't have to use ALL the abilities
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 141 142 143