Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 141 142 143
By Autocast 2020-04-18 18:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd assume something like

ItemSet 372420

STP10 on cape, or DW10 cape + windbuffet+1/telos or dedition

Combatant's torque/lissome for more acc.

Hetairoi ring in one of the slots if you dont care about the subtle blow or need acc.

Tauret offhand for cdc.
[+]
 Siren.Athen
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Athenair
By Siren.Athen 2020-04-19 23:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if it was addressed further up (if so I apologize), but is Raetic Staff +1 still BiS for nuking, or are the Ambuscade weapons, Maxentius (club) or Xoanon (staff), better? Or dual-wielding Maxentius and a Kaja Rod?
 Bahamut.Neb
Server: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2020-04-20 01:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Daybreak Ammurapi Shield win now if now duel wielding but Maxentus would probably be best there
By Torzak 2020-04-20 17:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Autocast said: »
Tauret offhand for cdc.

If you're spamming CDC, should be using Ternion +1.
By Littleflame 2020-04-21 15:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Hey so I'm looking to pull my RDM back out after rage quitting the job cos I suck and looking for a BiS TP set.
The TP set I'm curious about is capped haste and not using Enspells, so no Orpheus Sash involved.

Any help would be appreciated, ty.

ItemSet 372481

10STP Cape, TA on Boots
Should be 101TP/hit with Naegling and 103TP/hit with Crocea B path.
By Tarualex 2020-04-25 15:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Littleflame said: »
Hey so I'm looking to pull my RDM back out after rage quitting the job cos I suck and looking for a BiS TP set.
The TP set I'm curious about is capped haste and not using Enspells, so no Orpheus Sash involved.

ItemSet 372481

10STP Cape, TA on Boots

What about when an O Sash is in play? Is it best to move the DW to the cape and end up short 1 or change the roll on the boots to include DW (9) and add an earring?
By Boshi 2020-04-26 00:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Torzak said: »
Tauret offhand for cdc.

no
[+]
By Littleflame 2020-04-26 10:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarualex said: »

ItemSet 372481

10STP Cape, TA on Boots

What about when an O Sash is in play? Is it best to move the DW to the cape and end up short 1 or change the roll on the boots to include DW (9) and add an earring?

ItemSet 372573
10DW on cape, TA on pants
1 DW isn't going to make any major difference.
By SimonSes 2020-04-26 11:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

1 DW isn't going to make any major difference.

You will swing 1.5% slower. Its not much, Its not low too, but I dont see good alternative anyway. Unless ofc you only going for enspell damage then wear dw earring instead of Telos or Taeon feet if you have enough macc.
By tyalangan 2020-04-26 14:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
Tauret offhand for cdc.

no

Why “no”? Aerix showed that solo CDC with Ternion beats out Tauret
By Torzak 2020-04-27 13:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Page 84 for Boshi to catch up..
 Asura.Botosi
Server: Asura
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-04-27 18:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently bought a balder earring +1 and looking for more reasons to use it so I came up with this set:

ItemSet 372608

10 STP on Cape.

Trades 3% Triple attack for 3% Quad Attack. Double attack lost from Telos earring is negated by Petrov Ring. Gains some accuracy and attack, but loses 2 STP. If needed, could switch petrov to Chirich Ring +1. (Comparing to Taeon Boots set)

What do you all think?
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-04-27 19:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
Trades 3% Triple attack for 3% Quad Attack.

Bit confused on this part, where are you getting 3 quad attack? And what earring are you using that has 3 triple attack? Am I missing something? Also you're overcapped on DW (2% over), assuming you're using path D on carmine legs and haste capped. If you're not haste capped, you're way low on DW.

Edit: You're also uncapped gear haste, sitting at 23%. Should remove carmine legs anyways since its giving you too much DW, so use malignance and find 4 DW elsewhere.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-04-27 21:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoops I meant to say QA +1% from Balder earring.

The 3 TA was from the Taeon boots augment I was comparing my set to.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-04-27 23:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
Whoops I meant to say QA +1% from Balder earring.

The 3 TA was from the Taeon boots augment I was comparing my set to.

I use something similar but have DW10 on back now, and I use Windbuffet +1 and Malignance legs instead.
By green212 2020-04-29 10:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i think you need the 9% haste on malignance or ambuscade legs to reach 25% gear haste as well unless i'm mistaken
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-04 19:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So talking with a friend I realized some of the choices I mad on my RDM dd sets, which made sense back then when Malignance didn't exist, do not necessarily still make sense now that I have 5/5 Malignance.

This is my non-acc set (no-crocea RDM here)
Now I'm wondering if I still need all that STP in many slots, given the amount I get from Malignance.
What about Clotharius Torque and Paeapua in the Neck/Ammo slots? Losing some attack and some STP to gain 2% TA.
Anybody compared these options before?

Does it still make sense to use Despair Finger Gauntlets? Their only role was to give me excess haste to allow me to use Taeon legs (which are 6% haste "only").
There's other options available today. I could get get excess haste from augmented Sailfi Belt +1, allowing me to use Malignance Gloves or Ayanmo+2 gloves.
This would mean relying on a DW+7 cape though. Can you even do that once you're already at +10 in that slot?

Also what about augmented Zoar Subligar +1 anybody tested it? The DA+5 and STP-5 kinda annoy me though.

Last but not least, anybody tested Tauret vs Ternion+1 recently?
Ternion+1 is quite a sink in acc with its 228 skill, but that TA+4% is juicy... and 5 less delay!
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-05-04 19:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
The DA+5 and STP-5 kinda annoy me though.
Why does the DA annoy you?

Ternion+1 is quite a sink in acc with its 228 skill
I'd hardly call that a sink especially considering 0 acc offhands are a thing today. You also have Composure and Distract III. Plus it's not like your offhand is locked once you equip it. Change if it you feel you need more acc.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-04 19:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
The DA+5 and STP-5 kinda annoy me though.
Why does the DA annoy you?
Because I'm OCD? xD
But on a serious note it gets reduced returns because of the huge amount of TA RDM gets.
Still, even if the "real" DA number is probably closer to 3% (because of reduced returns) it's still a DPS increase I guess.
I forgot to mention the Enmity though.
With Petrov, possible swap to Paeapua, then Zoar+1, that's a total of what, Enmity+11? Wouldn't that be annoying if you're trying to let the mob face the tank instead of you? It's 11% more enmity from any action, super annoying no?

Quote:
Ternion+1 is quite a sink in acc with its 228 skill
I'd hardly call that a sink especially considering 0 acc offhands are a thing today. You also have Composure and Distract III.
Well, Ternion+1 is surely much better than a Thibron, which is quite viable in the majority of content given Malignance Gear and the +70 Acc you get from Composure.
Regardless to this concern, anybody thoroughfully tested Tauret and Ternion+1?
It feels like everybody jumped on the Tauret bandwagon but I feel like Ternion+1 might still have something to say, even before the upcoming Odyssey augments.
By tyalangan 2020-05-04 21:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Aerix showed that solo CDC with Ternion beats out Tauret
Page 84..

Talk of it on this very page.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-04 22:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

May I ask, is Sequence a good sword for anything RDM nowadays?
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-05-04 22:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
May I ask, is Sequence a good sword for anything RDM nowadays?

Might be ok for a savage set? I dont have a sequence to play around with myself so im unsure. I think Nae's +15% to savage blade might possibly underperform at 1000% vs the sequence, but the sequence +Thib would have to worry about too much TP Overflow since it would overflow at 1250 tp.

i'm sure it would perform better than almace/Excalibur at the very least.
By SimonSes 2020-05-05 00:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think people overlooking attack bonus on Naegling. Rdm maybe has high acc with buffs, but has a very low attack. Attack from Naegling is super important when spaming savage with thibron offhand.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-05 02:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hideka unless you're overcapped with buffs I'm pretty confident Naegling/Thibron is more damage than Sequence/whatever.

@tyangalan
Not sure why this was tested just with Almace and CDC spam but unlike what Aerix was initially saying (Tauret beating Ternion with Sam roll, which made me a bit skeptic honestly) it seems that Ternion+1 is ahead of Tauret by a bit less than 400 dps.
More difference than I expected.
So yeah, guess it's time to go back to Ternion+1.
In a few months Ternion is supposedly getting augs from Odyssey too anyway.
I see Aerix is using full 5/5 Malignance though.
Uhm...
At this point I still wonder:

1) Clotharius/Paeapua vs AnuTorque/Ginsen. In other terms it's TA+2% SB+4 Enm-4 vs STP+10 Att+30, but we could say TA+2% vs STP+10.

2) DWcape (just 10% DW), Windbuffet+1 and dd earring (Brutal? Telos? Cessance? Mache+1?) vs STPcape, ReikiYotai and Eabani Earring. In other terms DW10/TA+2/QA+2/DA+3/STP+3 vs DW11/STP+14/Meva/HP.

3) Malignance hands/legs vs DespairFinger + Taeon Legs (or aug Zoar+1). (Ayanmo+2 hands not worth it unless u have Crocea?)

Man, wish we had a working RDM spreadsheet =/
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-05 02:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Clotharius/Paeapua vs AnuTorque/Ginsen

Why not Aurgelmir Orb?
By SimonSes 2020-05-05 02:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

In other terms DW10/TA+2/QA+2/DA+3/STP+3 vs DW11/STP+14/Meva/HP
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-05 02:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

@Simon
Thanks for the Typo, fixed it

@Bukki
Well I forgot RDM could equip aurgelmir lol
It's clearly better than Ginsen: +7 stats, +5 att, +2 stp.
Not sure the stats or the attack in white damage are gonna make that huge of a difference. STP is nice but my point was that especially if you decide to go 5/5 Malignance, maybe you want more TA to synergize with the 34% you already get from Temper2, and with the huge amount of STP on 5/5 Mali maybe that could be better than even more STP in those 2 accessory slots?
I dunno, I'm wondering myself, don't have a spreadsheet to test.
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-05-05 09:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I think people overlooking attack bonus on Naegling. Rdm maybe has high acc with buffs, but has a very low attack. Attack from Naegling is super important when spaming savage with thibron offhand.

Oh thats my fault for not mentioning that. i was making that comment with the understanding that in any situation where you arent being attack capped nae is gonna win more than likely. its a non-contest. i probably should have included that in my point to be more clear.

What i was unsure of was if Nae loses out to sequence in an attack capped situation
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 141 142 143