Random Politics & Religion #09

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #09
Random Politics & Religion #09
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 53 54 55
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-08-16 14:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I never really understood why the family members of awful people take the fall for what the person their related to did...

If your brother murders someone should everyone be looking at you like you're a murderer too?
The family member shouldn't be celebrated and rewarded for being a member of a killer's family either.

I shouldn't have to tell people that my claim to fame is because my son shot up a bunch of gay people in a nightclub, and that's the only reason why I'm at a Clinton rally.
Being at wherever Clinton was at the moment means he is being celebrated and rewarded? Does that mean the trump campaign was celebrating and rewarding mark foley by having him sit behind trump? If you don't remember he's the guy who resigned from congress after sending sexually explicit messages to underage boys...

Whether or not having lateens father there is a good/bad thing or even appropriate... It certainly doesn't mean that the Clinton campaign is rewarding this man because his son killed people...
By Bloodrose 2016-08-16 14:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Any messages portrayed by the right is mainly religious freedom more than gay-bashing.
This would be an argument if it had to do with religious recognition of marriage, which is (for all intents and purposes) a non-issue.

The entire gay marriage issue has to do with civil equality, not religious equality/freedoms.
Gay marriage isn't the only issue regarding religious vs. gay rights.

Remember that baker who refused to sell to that gay couple a wedding cake, but was forced to do so by the state? (I believe it was in California, but I could be mistaken).

Republican's message was freedom of religion at that point. The left portrayed that message as bashing gay rights.
Colorado, but not necessarily relevant.

There's a lot of thing that touches. The key point is that the state law prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation (actual or percieved), and therefore whether or not religious beliefs trump secular law.

The baker was not forced to bake the cake. But they weren't able to avoid the consequences for breaking secular law due to religious beliefs.
Either way, like I said before, the Republican's message on this point was for religious freedom. Not against gay rights.
There's been a huge issue with messages for religious freedoms though. A lot of messages for religious freedoms tend to be very anti-LGBT, seeking the religious right to persecute them in certain areas. This isn't something that can be denied.

However, I can freely admit that it's the loudest, minority of the conservative base that is doing this. And that the majority of the conservative base know someone who is LGBT, or happens to be a relative of someone who is LGBT, and tend to look past that and, in an ironic twist, cherry pick the *good* parts of the religious teachings, and accept them as a person, than their sexual orientation. They don't need to talk about it, because they believe that actions speak louder than words.
(The media on the other hand, works on the premise that the word is mightier than the pen, which is mightier than the sword)
By Ramyrez 2016-08-16 14:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's try this one more time.

-ben_1468872234.pdf]RNC 2016 Platform!
By Ramyrez 2016-08-16 14:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

....this is being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE because of the link text. Dammit.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-08-16 14:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
How should America fight racism ?
That's easy.

By not glorifying it.

Not to say to ignore it, but don't celebrate it or profit from it.
Must be why Larry Wilmore's show is getting cancelled. It seemed like every issue brought up on his show, he blamed on racism. Apparently, he is also claiming racism as the reason for Comedy Central cancelling him, not low ratings or anything.
By Ramyrez 2016-08-16 14:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, the point is, the 2016 RNC Platform pretty much spells out "no gay marriage and it's okay to discriminate and deny gay couples the right to adopt."

Which is about as much of a slap in the face as you can get without actually assaulting them.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-16 14:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Let's try this one more time.

RNC 2016 Platform!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-16 14:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, the point is, the 2016 RNC Platform pretty much spells out "no gay marriage and it's okay to discriminate and deny gay couples the right to adopt."

Which is about as much of a slap in the face as you can get without actually assaulting them.
Where do you see this?

Cause I don't.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-16 14:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to like Larry Wilmore's show. I really did. I mean, he wasn't that great of a contributor on the Daily Show, nor was he that funny.

But there was something about some of his content that seemed to make it almost worth watching. Almost. But then as I watched more of his show, he only ever really had the same people on during the panel discussion of his show, and 1 white person. And that 1 white guy always seemed to be filtered out, or his contribution to the discussion washed out. And they only ever gave him camera time when he disagreed on something. Otherwise he agreed, and everyone else had screen time to talk about why they agreed (and they all had pretty much the same reason to agree)

Eventually (like 5 episodes in), it got really tiring to watch. I tried watching the Daily Show with Trevor Noah, and he's kind of got that same tired delivery for what should be an explosive punch line. Like the energy just isn't there.
By Ramyrez 2016-08-16 14:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well thanks for that...not sure why it liked your tags but not mine.

Oh well.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-16 14:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of like "The number of white people on this show is too damn high!"
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-16 14:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well thanks for that...not sure why it liked your tags but not mine.

Oh well.
It's because I'm really Rooks.

...I mean, it's because I know a little bit of BBCode.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-16 14:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

KN is a lover of the BBCode.
By Ramyrez 2016-08-16 14:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you see this?

Cause I don't.

Page 31 is where the "family" nonsense starts.

Quote:
Foremost among those institutions is the American family. It is the foundation of civil society, and the cornerstone of the family is natural marriage, the union of one man and one woman...Our laws and our government’s regulations should recognize marriage as the union of one man and one woman and actively promote married family life as the basis of a stable and prosperous society. For that reason, as explained elsewhere in this platform, we do not accept the Supreme Court’s redefinition of marriage and we urge its reversal, whether through judicial reconsideration or a constitutional amendment returning control over marriage to the states. We oppose government discrimination against businesses or entities which decline to sell items or services to individuals for activities that go against their religious views about such activities...Families formed or enlarged by adoption strengthen our communities and ennoble our nation. Private entities which facilitate adoptions enrich our communities. We support measures such as the First Amendment Defense Act to ensure these entities do not face government discrimination because of their views on marriage and family.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-16 14:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Trump is for black people
He certainly is not against them.

Is that why he's been sued in the past for discrimination in his housing units
Him personally or his company?

Even if I take your statement at face value KN, Republicans have done a ***job of convincing blacks and hispanics that their the winning team. Care to explain why that is?
Because they aren't offering free stuff, like the democrat/liberals are.

They are also not glorifying shootings while completely ignoring real facts, like there are much more "black vs. black" killings than anything else.

Because they aren't making promises on things that they will later ignore, like strengthening civil rights or abolishing racism (that was Obama's platform, was it not?).

There are many reasons why Hispanics and African Americans aren't all going towards Republicans, and messages are a major part of it.

He's not against them.

And then you parrot the same insulting garbage that Giuliani goes up on stage and says every time he wants to sidestep structural poverty, disenfranchisement, racist policing and the lot.

Yes, minorities want free stuff. So do whites. Businesses. Old people. Military. Politicians and on and on. Everyone wants to suck on that free tete but lets pretend like minorities are the only one under the cow.

You're basically why Republicans are doomed to go the way of the dinosaur. You can't shake the racist ideology that white is right and everyone else is just a hanger on and so long as that is practice then we'll have landslide support for Democrats.

It's pretty easy for people to know when they aren't wanted.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-16 14:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
I tried to like Larry Wilmore's show. I really did. I mean, he wasn't that great of a contributor on the Daily Show, nor was he that funny.

But there was something about some of his content that seemed to make it almost worth watching. Almost. But then as I watched more of his show, he only ever really had the same people on during the panel discussion of his show, and 1 white person. And that 1 white guy always seemed to be filtered out, or his contribution to the discussion washed out. And they only ever gave him camera time when he disagreed on something. Otherwise he agreed, and everyone else had screen time to talk about why they agreed (and they all had pretty much the same reason to agree)

Eventually (like 5 episodes in), it got really tiring to watch. I tried watching the Daily Show with Trevor Noah, and he's kind of got that same tired delivery for what should be an explosive punch line. Like the energy just isn't there.

In short, the panel format didn't work.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-16 14:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you see this?

Cause I don't.

Page 31 is where the "family" nonsense starts.

Quote:
Foremost among those institutions is the American family. It is the foundation of civil society, and the cornerstone of the family is natural marriage, the union of one man and one woman...Our laws and our government’s regulations should recognize marriage as the union of one man and one woman and actively promote married family life as the basis of a stable and prosperous society. For that reason, as explained elsewhere in this platform, we do not accept the Supreme Court’s redefinition of marriage and we urge its reversal, whether through judicial reconsideration or a constitutional amendment returning control over marriage to the states. We oppose government discrimination against businesses or entities which decline to sell items or services to individuals for activities that go against their religious views about such activities...Families formed or enlarged by adoption strengthen our communities and ennoble our nation. Private entities which facilitate adoptions enrich our communities. We support measures such as the First Amendment Defense Act to ensure these entities do not face government discrimination because of their views on marriage and family.
So?

You honestly expect a party structured towards Christianity to not have Christian values?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-16 14:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, minorities want free stuff. So do whites. Businesses. Old people. Military. Politicians and on and on. Everyone wants to suck on that free tete but lets pretend like minorities are the only one under the cow.
And yet, the liberals/democrats are pandering free stuff only to the minorities.

Or are you going to deny that?

You can't shake the racist ideology that white is right and everyone else is just a hanger on and so long as that is practice then we'll have landslide support for Democrats.
How in the hell....

Wait, did you just call me racist because I support Republicans?

Just like I thought, you are another liberal hack like the rest of them. I was hoping that you, at the very least, weren't just another mouthpiece for the DNC....
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-08-16 14:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty funny KN because about 5 minutes ago you were unaware that's a part of the platform now you're just all. "So?" It's pretty obvious!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-16 14:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
That's pretty funny KN because about 5 minutes ago you were unaware that's a part of the platform now you're just all. "So?" It's pretty obvious!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-16 14:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Ramy:

To expand, you still haven't proven that Republicans are attacking gay people. All you have shown is that Republicans have Christian values.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-16 15:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Ramy:

To expand, you still haven't proven that Republicans are attacking gay people. All you have shown is that Republicans have Christian values.

Isn't there something in Christianity about adultery? Something that Republicans are willing to readily ignore but not gay marriage eh?
By Ramyrez 2016-08-16 15:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Ramy:

What part of "forcing Christian ideology on the country violates the First Amendment and is an attack on the personal freedoms of not just homosexuals, but everyone who doesn't share those beliefs" aren't you getting?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-16 15:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

And yet, the liberals/democrats are pandering free stuff only to the minorities.

Or are you going to deny that?

You can't shake the racist ideology that white is right and everyone else is just a hanger on and so long as that is practice then we'll have landslide support for Democrats.
How in the hell....

Wait, did you just call me racist because I support Republicans?

Just like I thought, you are another liberal hack like the rest of them. I was hoping that you, at the very least, weren't just another mouthpiece for the DNC....

I don't think your racist, I simply believe you fail to see why being a minority Republican is such a difficult endeavor for most. So you rationalize that it must be because people want free stuff, don't want to work and whatever it is people do when they don't want or care to process information.

I mean certainly it has nothing to do with a hostile platform full of the same guys up on stage lecturing to ethnic groups they know *** about. I mean it has nothing to do with continuously disparaging women under the guise of traditional values. Hell, you don't even see how traditional values would be seen as hostile to people who were traditionally treated like second-class citizens.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-08-16 15:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

structural poverty, disenfranchisement, racist policing

that isn't coming from us. (evil white people incorporated)

So... the way we rich white guys achieve and maintain wealth is by buying stock in companies that successfully sell things that people don't really need but buy anyways because they are the suckers that are born every minute...

so the more people that have money the bigger our profits are. that's why expanding into china is so important because there are a billion consumers there. it doesn't matter if they are black or yellow or red as long as their money can be exchanged with the green foldy kind we'll sell you our mom...or at least rent her to you for the hour

racism goes against everything we believe in, which is money....we're like Mister Krabs on spongebob

unless you can figure out some way to make money off racism... then I am all ears...
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-08-16 15:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Ramy:

Isn't there something in Christianity about adultery? Something that Republicans are willing to readily ignore but not gay marriage eh?

Well, no, that's the thing. There's this tacit "do whatever you want that's 'immoral' (by Christian standards); just keep it on the down low and don't get caught. "
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-16 15:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Guiliani, Trump, Gingrich. What do they all have in common? They're serial adulterers.
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 53 54 55