Random Politics & Religion #09

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #09
Random Politics & Religion #09
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-01 10:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Sabato Crystal Ball has the 2016 senate race at dead even with 6 too close to call. (you have to select Sabato Crystal Ball from the drop down menu under the map) Cook is 47/45 GOP with 8 too close to call.

Sabato Crystal Ball
Which at this stage in the race is interesting but meaningless.

This is meaningful but way too soon to know what it really means.

Koch brothers donor network to focus on Senate, not presidential race
Fox

Quote:
The political donation network backed by billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch will essentially sit out this year's presidential election and focus on keeping the Senate in Republican hands.

When Charles Koch addressed hundreds of the nation's most powerful polical donors at a weekend retreat in Colorado Springs Saturday, he lamented the choice in the race for the Oval Office between Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump.

"We don't really, in some cases, don't really have good options," Koch said in describing the "current political situation."

Mark Holden, general counsel and senior vice president of Koch Industries, told the Associated Press that the Koch network won't spend anything to help Trump directly in 2016, even though it may evoke Clinton in attacks on Democratic congressional candidates....
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-01 10:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Paged.

Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Terlet Sangria 2016-08-01 10:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sabato Crystal Ball has the 2016 senate race at dead even with 6 too close to call. (you have to select Sabato Crystal Ball from the drop down menu under the map) Cook is 47/45 GOP with 8 too close to call.

Sabato Crystal Ball

If there's one thing this total shitshow of a primary has been good for, it's bringing more attention to the lower races.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-01 10:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Terlet Sangria said: »

Sabato Crystal Ball

If there's one thing this total shitshow of a primary has been good for, it's bringing more attention to the lower races.
I think this whole election cycle has shown people the possibilities of a 3rd party candidate.

(Optimistic viewpoint) If anything, this will break the 2 party system and encourage 3rd party possibilities.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-08-01 10:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

not if you care about the senate...or live in a battleground state. koch bros are dumping a metric ***ton of money into ohio advertising.

turnout is always everything in presidential races but this year it is getting so weird.

Had Bernie or Biden been the dem nominee the GOP would have been Trounced and lost the senate. but with hillary as the nominee the GOP has a glimmer of hope restored and they are running full bore.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-01 10:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Meanwhile all the president really does is sit there with two rubbers stamps, of which one says "approved", and the other says "*** that ***".
That's not entirely true.

He also puts his opinion in where it doesn't belong.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-01 10:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The Senate race for the GOP is the "just in case" scenario in case Clinton gets elected.

That way, at least nothing bad will get done. It would literally be a continuation of the past 6 years.
By Ramyrez 2016-08-01 10:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

@KN about wages/bargaining/etc.

Can get back to it later. Not a ton of time or temperament for it atm. Just didn't want you to think I was ignoring.~
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-01 10:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We can get back to it tomorrow if you would like.

The argument isn't going anywhere. I made sure to chain it up so it wouldn't wonder off into the wilderness.
By Ramyrez 2016-08-01 10:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

not if you care about the senate...or live in a battleground state. koch bros are dumping a metric ***ton of money into ohio advertising.

turnout is always everything in presidential races but this year it is getting so weird.

Had Bernie or Biden been the dem nominee the GOP would have been Trounced and lost the senate. but with hillary as the nominee the GOP has a glimmer of hope restored and they are running full bore.

Conservative advertising is off the charts in Pennsylvania. Working the blue collar folk over hard. Billboards on routes and highways that run to/from mills/mines/factories, television ads on sporting events, etc.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-08-01 10:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-01 10:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Kekeke...

"Koch"..
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-01 10:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, I'm glad I live in a state that is not a battleground state.

Plus, it helps if I don't watch TV.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-08-01 10:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Man, I'm glad I live in a state that is not a battleground state.

Plus, it helps if I don't watch TV.

I pretty much only watch hockey, but Pat Toomey was laying it on super thick during the playoffs.

If I get out of town though and head north pretty much through the next two counties you'll see solid angry old people billboards (literally).

My favorite is the geriatric gentleman shaking his fist about Obamacare. I don't really care what your opinion is on the ACA. An octogenarian getting belligerent is funny.
By Ramyrez 2016-08-01 10:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the PA Congressional races, I'll vote against Toomey because I think he's a douchenozzle, but I'm not particularly fond of his opponent. It's almost like a microcosm of the presidential race with my guy sitting firmly low in the primaries.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-01 10:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

US has started bombing Sirte on Sarraj's request.

Have trouble finding the article in english, looki it up yourself <.<
By Ramyrez 2016-08-01 11:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Link.

Quote:
TRIPOLI - Libya's U.N.-backed government requested U.S. air strikes against Islamic State in Sirte, and the first strikes were carried out on Monday, Prime Minster Fayez Seraj said.

"The first air strikes were carried out at specific locations in Sirte today causing severe losses to enemy ranks," he said in a statement broadcast on state TV.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-01 11:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this whole election cycle has shown people the possibilities of a 3rd party candidate.

(Optimistic viewpoint) If anything, this will break the 2 party system and encourage 3rd party possibilities.
I have been SO HOPING that since the GOP debates started.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-01 11:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

How come I get insulted when I say the same thing?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-01 11:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been SO HOPING that since the GOP debates started.
The whole notion of 3rd party candidates being viable hasn't started until both Trump and Clinton got the nod.

If any other Republican or democrat were nominated, then they wouldn't have been considered. It's only because of those two that 3rd parties are looking good right now.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-08-01 11:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
This is why I would rather have Trump in office than Hillary. Does anyone really think she's going to blow off the next Goldman Sachs meeting request?

I wish I was that innocent and naive again, it was fun.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-01 11:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Simpsons mocking the elections again(this time only Trump though)

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-01 11:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
this time only Trump though
Big surprise.

/rolls eyes
 Valefor.Rawry
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Rawry 2016-08-01 11:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol this comment was funny

Quote:
Hillary could be the first f-president. I would have said "female", but somebody deleted the "emale".
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-01 11:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

Caught in lies again!!!
Trump brags that he snubbed Koch brothers, but they say they never asked for a meeting
LA Times.

P. S. NFL denies sending Donald Trump letter over presidential debates
CBS News.
By Blazed1979 2016-08-01 11:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Caught in lies again!!!
Trump brags that he snubbed Koch brothers, but they say they never asked for a meeting

Still gets a +1 from me for having the balls to brush them off publicly. At the very least he committed to a position through that tweet. I'd rather someone who can't wait to stick it to the corporate elite and lie about it than someone who can't wait to get back in bed with them.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-01 11:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible that he flat-out lied, but it's also possible that he's mischaracterizing his sources. For example, if some random person from the NFL organization sent him a letter, he might be referring to them as "the NFL" even though the organization as a whole never officially sanctioned the letter.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-01 11:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

alright done posting funny things, carry on with your arguments.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-08-01 11:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw on facebook...

"Hilary could potentially be the first F- President.

That is weird, looks like someone deleted the emale."
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55