Random Politics & Religion #09

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #09
Random Politics & Religion #09
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 53 54 55
By fonewear 2016-08-03 16:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I hate people who suck on Elon Musk's ***.
He said he'd try to put people on Mars before NASA even!

So yes I would, for the cause is worthy!!
Can we send Trump and Hillary to Mars? Preferably on the same rocket. No need to waste resources on two flights.

Mars I'd be happy to send Hillary to Syria.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-03 16:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I hate people who suck on Elon Musk's ***.
He said he'd try to put people on Mars before NASA even!

So yes I would, for the cause is worthy!!
Can we send Trump and Hillary to Mars? Preferably on the same rocket. No need to waste resources on two flights.

But then we'd be left with Ted Cruz.
By fonewear 2016-08-03 16:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
You're living in a fantasy, we can't have a real discussion until you come back to earth.

No worries, I'm not too bothered over not having a real discussion with you.

....and they call ME the troll.

Actually this is sorta philosophical...I'd like to have a discussion about how we don't have discussions...discuss !

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-03 16:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
i remember this one time when i was "this high"..

I've never been high I can only get to "medium".

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-03 16:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Black people have grown more distrustful of America and white people not the other way around.

Psst. Blacks have never fully trusted America. That my friend is the legacy of a racist nation. We've made progress but it's still not quite right.

See: shootings.

You mean like how the study by a black, liberal professor showed that there is no race bias in shootings, or like how there is a race bias in shootings because that's what the narrative demands? I gotta know where you're coming from to be able to respond properly.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-03 16:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that this conversation's equivalent of "I have some black friends and..."?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-03 16:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Black people have grown more distrustful of America and white people not the other way around.

Psst. Blacks have never fully trusted America. That my friend is the legacy of a racist nation. We've made progress but it's still not quite right.

You mean like how the study by a black, liberal professor showed that there is no race bias in shootings, or like how there is a race bias in shootings because that's what the narrative demands? I gotta know where you're coming from to be able to respond properly.

Rav, check in with reality.

Go talk to actual people. It's a universal black thing in America that confrontations with police winds up being more tense as a reflection of race relations in this country. To deny this is to deny reality but hey, you wanna make everything black and white, feel free too.

But seriously, talk to actual people and see how they feel. It'd do many people good to walk a mile in someone elses shoes for a change.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-03 16:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lay off the Rudy Giuliani. He's apparently the most black Italian guy I've ever met since he can't stop talking about how black people should act around cops.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-03 16:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

No, it's more the equivalent of a character witness, because it makes it really hard to claim bias when the person doing the study came to a conclusion that is in conflict with his hypothesis and political leanings. In a perfect world no such character witness would be needed because you wouldn't have partisan politics interfering in scientific studies, but unfortunately that's currently not a safe assumption to make.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-03 16:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Rav, check in with reality.

Go talk to actual people. It's a universal black thing in America that confrontations with police winds up being more tense as a reflection of race relations in this country. To deny this is to deny reality but hey, you wanna make everything black and white, feel free too.

But seriously, talk to actual people and see how they feel. It'd do many people good to walk a mile in someone elses shoes for a change.

Okay, so reality = confirmation bias. Studies based on statistics = fantasy. Glad we got that cleared up.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-03 16:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it's more the equivalent of a character witness, because it makes it really hard to claim bias when the person doing the study came to a conclusion that is in conflict with his hypothesis and political leanings. In a perfect world no such character witness would be needed because you wouldn't have partisan politics interfering in scientific studies, but unfortunately that's currently not a safe assumption to make.
He's obviously just in it for that sweet, sweet grant money.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-03 16:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

He's obviously just in it for that sweet, sweet grant money.

It's strange that by taking shots at the anti-AGW crowd that you're actually supporting my claim in a roundabout way. Don't be mad that the science disagrees with you, it'll be okay.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-03 16:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so biased I can't tell that I'm biased.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-08-03 16:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
For someone who's spewed anti-semitic rhetoric here many times, I'm surprised to see shul or temple used in such a positive way. A mitzvah!

Go get me the Anti-semite quote. I'm a semite by the way.
Go fetch me the Anti-semite hate speech.
Post them here.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-03 16:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Drama Torama said: »
The most surprising thing out of all of this to me is that his kids apparently hold that much sway with him.
His kids are an interesting wrinkle to the story; they clearly have genuine affection for him (and vice versa), and for growing up as rich as they did, they actually seem about as close to normal as they could have possibly hoped to be (unlike dear old dad, who even his most ardent supporters have to admit is kind of a weirdo).

"Donald Trump: maybe not the best husband ever, but didn't seem to do too badly as a father"
His kids just seem to be aware of the...luck?...of their situation. Like, they're clear on the lay of the land. The actual lay of the land. They're happy with it. They'd like to keep it the way it is. But they're not the batshit crazy caricature of spoiled rich kids some people would expect of that man's issue, given that's exactly what he seems to be.
Top end boarding schools ..... Do you think Trump actually raised them?

Outsourcing the raising of upper class children has been in fashion for over 900 years. But only because it went out of fashion in the dark ages and earliest medieval times.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-08-03 16:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you realize how *** ironic it is that a German would be throwing the word Anti-Semite at a semite (arabs are semite, genius) in a discussion about how the Europeans oppressed minorities?!

The very *** word was coined to describe European systemic oppression of Semites.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-03 16:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

And you realize people change their flags just for the fun of it?

I'm not from Luxembourg, Chanti is not a nomad and Zarah is not from Deutschland.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2016-08-03 16:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Also what's up with the sweeping generalization that a german(or a european even lol) can't accuse anyone of anti-semitism?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-03 16:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously the Germans haven't stopped being Nazis, duh
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-03 16:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How about actively dividing the nation into race and class warfare?
The more conservative-minded here say this a lot and I really don't get it. I've never seen Obama do anything except try to bring people together.

The problem is, people of a certain mindset view being "forced" into living together peacefully as an aggressive action against them.
Waitafrickingminuet.

He's a black president. That alone was enough to divide the country.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-03 17:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
your free living habitats

What

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-03 17:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's free tuition
By Ramyrez 2016-08-03 17:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

How about actively dividing the nation into race and class warfare?
The more conservative-minded here say this a lot and I really don't get it. I've never seen Obama do anything except try to bring people together.

The problem is, people of a certain mindset view being "forced" into living together peacefully as an aggressive action against them.
Waitafrickingminuet.

He's a black president. That alone was enough to divide the country.

Yes, I forgot. I was giving some people too much credit.

No one here. But I think a few of them may consider what those people say a little too seriously.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 53 54 55