Random Politics & Religion #09

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #09
Random Politics & Religion #09
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 53 54 55
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-08-02 12:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
That's some not so interesting ***.

IDK. I learned that people exchange vows with gardening tools. That's mildly interesting, I suppose.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-02 12:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

IDK. I learned that people exchange vows with gardening tools. That's mildly interesting, I suppose.

Some day hoes will have the right to married get on it Obama !
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-08-02 12:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
The current state of marriage baffles me, it's such a raw deal for guys. Divorce is far more heavily initiated by women than men, like over 70% and if there is a kid in the deal, you're basically guaranteed to loose half your stuff and be indentured to your soon to be ex wife for over a decade.
Then don't get married? I don't know about the stats on who initiates divorce more but it seems pretty silly going into it all if you're worried about that... I mean most people probably don't get married thinking about when they will get divorced and anyone with a lot of cash usually has a prenup drawn up and signed before hand...

I wasn't planning on it.

The point is that as any man should really think about the position they're putting themselves into. If things go south due to you not living up to your obligations you're *** and she's not. If things go south because she doesn't live up to her obligations, you're *** and she's not. Exceptions do exist but they're pretty rare.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-08-02 13:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we change the title of the thread to "Random forever alones v happily married #09"?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-02 13:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what happens when there is no political news of note. Trump says dumb ***Hillary responds etc.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-08-02 13:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hold up!

Asura.Vyre said: »
7) There are people, trust me. A family friend of mine, let's call him Russell, his wife became a vegetarian many years ago. She got his daughters to also become vegetarian (though her oldest was just agreeing with her to appease her, and would go out with her father to eat steak behind her back). Basically this forced Russell to have to go out to eat by himself if he wanted meat. She wouldn't tolerate it in the house, and since they'd been married for about 26 years before this change occurred, he knew what she was like and could not change her mind. ***was wack.

The bolded: How old are these kids.

The underlined: Let me guess. The oldest is in the prime time of that "magical" time when girls blossom into women and all that jazz? Yeah! That rare to medium-rare rib-eye is God damn satisfying! BLOODY!!!
[+]
By maldini 2016-08-02 13:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

There's more to it than "***".

https://markturrell.wordpress.com/2012/03/18/sex-and-the-brain-how-neuroscience-may-soon-change-all-our-relationships-6/

There was also a study, (can't find it) about the relationship between a female's vagina and her partner's penis. Sexual intercourse renewed neuron pathways in the female's brain. The pathways eroded over time and went dormant after a period of 3 months without sexual intercourse with her partner. The same was not observed for men.
I can't remember how I stumbled upon it but I remember it was a Jewish professor who did the study over 3 decades and more than 200 couples.

Happy hunting.
By Blazed1979 2016-08-02 13:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some men that were just raised right, with a strong father figure in their lives that get "it" when it comes to women. Then there are others that think being like a woman is the best way to get a woman. They complain about being friend zoned.

Just man up and not give a f_ck. You will retain women. and if you don't, don't give a f_ck. Move on to the next one, until you get one that isn't crazy.

You don't need to learn woman double-speak, just be aware that it exists.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-08-02 13:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The current state of marriage baffles me, it's such a raw deal for guys. Divorce is far more heavily initiated by women than men, like over 70% and if there is a kid in the deal, you're basically guaranteed to loose half your stuff and be indentured to your soon to be ex wife for over a decade.
Then don't get married? I don't know about the stats on who initiates divorce more but it seems pretty silly going into it all if you're worried about that... I mean most people probably don't get married thinking about when they will get divorced and anyone with a lot of cash usually has a prenup drawn up and signed before hand...

I wasn't planning on it.

The point is that as any man should really think about the position they're putting themselves into. If things go south due to you not living up to your obligations you're *** and she's not. If things go south because she doesn't live up to her obligations, you're *** and she's not. Exceptions do exist but they're pretty rare.
It all really depends these days... The only outright advantage they usually have is with children... As for assets it really depends on who makes what and what they've acquired during the time being married...

This has come to be for the most part because it used to be that one parent stayed home and the other worked... If you give up a career under an agreement with your spouse to take care of the house/children/etc then if it ends you're still entitled to be taken cAre of for a bit at least otherwise that person man or woman agrees to do this and is then screwed over...

Pat of the reason people are so angry at this point anyways is because their relationship has already failed and tempers flare... Why do I wanna give this person anything at all they suck!

It's not only men that need to be wary of getting into marriages as everyone should really think about it but it doesn't always end up where only the man gets screwed and some divorces are even amicable...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-08-02 13:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Hold up!

Asura.Vyre said: »
7) There are people, trust me. A family friend of mine, let's call him Russell, his wife became a vegetarian many years ago. She got his daughters to also become vegetarian (though her oldest was just agreeing with her to appease her, and would go out with her father to eat steak behind her back). Basically this forced Russell to have to go out to eat by himself if he wanted meat. She wouldn't tolerate it in the house, and since they'd been married for about 26 years before this change occurred, he knew what she was like and could not change her mind. ***was wack.

The bolded: How old are these kids.

The underlined: Let me guess. The oldest is in the prime time of that "magical" time when girls blossom into women and all that jazz? Yeah! That rare to medium-rare rib-eye is God damn satisfying! BLOODY!!!
I'd just make my own dinner at that point lol... Idk how someone can force another adult to become a vegetarian...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-02 13:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Forcing a vegan lifestyle on children can have serious health repercussions. If you know a child who is forced to eat vegan only by their parents, call a doctor and maybe social services.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-02 13:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIAH relationship advice:

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-08-02 14:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't planning on it.

It all really depends these days... The only outright advantage they usually have is with children... As for assets it really depends on who makes what and what they've acquired during the time being married...

This has come to be for the most part because it used to be that one parent stayed home and the other worked... If you give up a career under an agreement with your spouse to take care of the house/children/etc then if it ends you're still entitled to be taken cAre of for a bit at least otherwise that person man or woman agrees to do this and is then screwed over...

Pat of the reason people are so angry at this point anyways is because their relationship has already failed and tempers flare... Why do I wanna give this person anything at all they suck!

It's not only men that need to be wary of getting into marriages as everyone should really think about it but it doesn't always end up where only the man gets screwed and some divorces are even amicable...

Men still typically work more during their lives and therefore still retain that breadwinner status the vast majority of the time. Alimony and child support are still set in this default position of pay for your ex wife to have a new life even though she wanted to leave.

In order for a guy to not be screwed by marriage he must ensure his wife is happy. There is no comparable ultimatum for the female side of the equation. If her husband isn't happy and she doesn't care, guess what bud, you'd better just deal with it otherwise she'll take the kids and you'll pay for them for the next 10+ years. I understand that not all divorces end in disaster, but that's not the point, the point is that men are at the mercy of the women they marry.

It used to be that life wasn't that easy for a wife or a husband who wanted to divorce, marriage laws used to provide some consequences for wives who otherwise wanted to jump ship, and husbands who did also. But the laws have changed and those consequences have been all but wiped away for women and left in place for men.

Personally I can understand falling in love with anyone to the point of wanting to spend the rest of your life with them. People change though, and you have no assurance that the person they will change into will be one who wouldn't take advantage of you. There aren't any legal consequences for them not too, actually it's quite the opposite.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-08-02 14:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

in most cases men are still the bread winners but that is steadily changing... But I mean that right there should be a signal for ya to see why things still are the way they are though I don't typically think it's as bad as you think...

I mean.. If you're married to someone do t you want to make them happy? Isn't that the whole point of it? Is that really all that hard most of the time? There are arguments that can be made for either side though... If someone is caught cheating or if there is physical violence in the relationship or if the kids aren't being treated well by one of them etc... Those all apply to both sexes...

There are arguments to be made for either side but it really depends on the relationship of that specific couple and what you can prove... There are consequences for both and to say otherwise is just false...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-08-02 14:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

in most cases men are still the bread winners but that is steadily changing... But I mean that right there should be a signal for ya to see why things still are the way they are though I don't typically think it's as bad as you think...

I mean.. If you're married to someone do t you want to make them happy? Isn't that the whole point of it? Is that really all that hard most of the time? There are arguments that can be made for either side though... If someone is caught cheating or if there is physical violence in the relationship or if the kids aren't being treated well by one of them etc... Those all apply to both sexes...

There are arguments to be made for either side but it really depends on the relationship of that specific couple and what you can prove... There are consequences for both and to say otherwise is just false...

So what are some negative consequences for women who choose to divorce their bread winning husband? Let's compare.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-08-02 14:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

did your last girlfriend slip her pinky up your butt? why so venomous towards the ladies today?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-02 14:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

"Breadwinner"

*rolls eyes*

How to tell someone is immature by one word.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-08-02 14:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
did your last girlfriend slip her pinky up your butt? why so venomous towards the ladies today?
I love the ladies, especially when the put the finger up my butt. I just don't want to marry them.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-08-02 14:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

On the flip-side, maybe he's upset because because he didn't he the pinky up the posterior?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-08-02 14:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

"Breadwinner"

*rolls eyes*

How to tell someone is immature by one word.

Historical discussions call for historical terms.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-08-02 14:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't want to marry them.

which is fine, and makes sense. to demonize the entire institution of marriage as a prison for all men is dishonest and silly. you have to learn to look at ***though other people's eyes.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-02 14:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread isn't locked yet ?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-08-02 14:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't want to marry them.

which is fine, and makes sense. to demonize the entire institution of marriage as a prison for all men is dishonest and silly. you have to learn to look at ***though other people's eyes.

eh I wouldn't go that far, just that it's a pretty bad deal for men when you look at the entire picture.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-02 14:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention the hidden ovulation.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-02 14:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll demonize marriage because any institution that ends with "death to us part" is a bad thing !
By fonewear 2016-08-02 15:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Marriage should be I'll love you till "you stop being a ***/*** or become an overweight Netflix addict"
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-02 15:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Other than a few years of Civil War/Texas Revolution/Mexican Revolution/lolcanada, we have been in peace since the dawn of time.

-The country is built on the genocide of the native people.

-The country was built by slavery.

-The country acquired even more land through war.

-Every neighbour (maybe canada is the exception) has had cause to despise the US and curse the day they were made neighbours.

-The country in its current form has the highest violent crime rate of all developed nations, refuses its citizenry free healthcare and basic rights, is plagued with systemic racism and xenophobia.

Lets weigh 2 nuclear bombs vs everything else every other nation/empire has ever done.

There's more but I'm not going to give you a history lesson. I'll just leave it at Trump.

You are represented by your leadership, Trump is a great representative of the USA.

This message is brought to you by the Hillary Victory Fund.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-08-02 15:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

eh I wouldn't go that far, just that it's a pretty bad deal for men when you look at the entire picture.

It's a choice just like any other, there are risks, there are rewards.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-02 15:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The only positive of marriage is 2 bank accounts instead of one.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-02 15:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
The only positive of marriage is 2 bank accounts instead of one.
One for her and one for the family?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 53 54 55