Random Politics & Religion #08

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #08
Random Politics & Religion #08
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 82 83 84
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-22 13:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Except 11 billion surplus is not a debt. Catch up to current.

You're confusing debt with deficit. Also, what I'm looking at shows a $17 billion deficit, not a $11 billion surplus.

CA gives more to the Federal Government than it gets back. It's what happens when you're a top earner and you have to help subsidize programs in states like... Well basically any state outside NY and TX.

Keep in mind that deficit is looking at small portion vs debt which is a total of all.

I don't know what your looking at and it's easy for us to play my hidden data says otherwise game. The great fun of this game is you can do a "California Surplus" or a "California Deficit" search and you can find all kinds of data to fit ones narrative.
By fonewear 2016-07-22 13:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Look, there is no diplomatic solution to be made with radicals like ISIS. So, we are left with other options:

1) Kill them all, make them martyrs, and justify the next group of terrorists.
2) Do nothing, watch them make the world burn.
3) Gather all of the world together to fight them. See #1
4) Try to open dialog with them. Be seen as weak and negotiate with terrorists. Justify the next group of terrorists.

Like I said, the only peaceful solution is to have the community that drives those terrorists to change them from the inside. It's not kicking the can down the road, it's solving the problem with the least amount of bloodshed. That also doesn't mean that the US isn't involved in such talks.

It's a problematic situation no matter how you approach it. I'll take your solution over "bomb the Middle East until it stops causing problems" because that's never really going to work and it will just cause more problems.

But I feel like saying "Well, the Islamic world needs to get their own house in order" is...well, it's not "wrong" in theory, but "the Islamic world" is a false entity. It's not a thing. It's dozens of nations and billions of people that are not one solid unit.

Try getting the Catholics, Methodists, and Evangelists to come up with an agreed-upon set of rules for Christianity and then get every other of the plethora of other Christian denominations worldwide to agree upon exactly what's going on during Communion.

Now multiply that difficulty by a factor of about a thousand.

You can't let these *** keep killing people around the globe, but trying to stop them with brute force -- from without or within -- simply will not work, so what do you do?

I'll help you out: Vote for Trump.
By fonewear 2016-07-22 13:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That is why we elect officials to think for us. I'm tired of thinking all the time !
By fonewear 2016-07-22 13:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Homer said it a bit better:

Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-22 13:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
That is why we elect officials to think for us. I'm tired of thinking all the time !

Tell us something we don't know.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-22 13:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Your failed attempt at humor is duly noted.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-22 13:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, there is no diplomatic solution to be made with radicals like ISIS. So, we are left with other options:

4) Try to open dialog with them. Be seen as weak and negotiate with terrorists. Justify the next group of terrorists.

Like I said, the only peaceful solution is to have the community that drives those terrorists to change them from the inside. It's not kicking the can down the road, it's solving the problem with the least amount of bloodshed. That also doesn't mean that the US isn't involved in such talks.

I don't disagree. But the majority of attacks that have taken place in europe have been by European nationals of Arab/Middle eastern origins. Some of them 3rd generation europeans.

We've been doing a lot to combat terrorism, and we have advised several times on how to tackle the problem. You can't use tactics like war. You need to win the argument! You need to starve them of recruits. How do you do that? by educating people.

Our BEST BET for winning this war are Muslims who can out-flank their crazy insane mullas and leaders. There are tons of them out there speaking day and night, but you won't read about or hear about it in the mainstream media. Because its just not sexy. Its not shock-and-awe material. Its lengthy discourse that educates the audience. Its not a newsentertainment. And lets face it, judging by this RNC, unless things are packaged like a WWE summerslam, no one gives a ***or watches it.

As long as people are lazy and say "kill em all" and "keep mulsims out" "Islam is the reason" we might as well all be shooting our owns elves in the foot whenever the enemy aims at you/us.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-22 13:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds like exactly what we don't want in the situation I'm describing.
By fonewear 2016-07-22 13:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds like exactly what we don't want in the situation I'm describing.

We you don't speak for me. I don't speak for me either though...
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-22 13:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
How do you propose we do that? They want to annihilate us as well.
1/3rd of the people killed in Nice France were Arab and Muslim.

First step towards peace is to get the damn dialogue and context right! THIS ISN'T ABOUT ISLAM!

You're missing the point.

The point is that passing the buck and saying "it's not our problem, it's yours, fix it or we'll punish you" is way easier than confronting it ourselves.

So, what is it that Obama is doing against ISIS that you hate so much? Because right now, we are employing option #1.
By fonewear 2016-07-22 13:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't disagree. But the majority of attacks that have taken place in europe have been by European nationals of Arab/Middle eastern origins. Some of them 3rd generation europeans.

We've been doing a lot to combat terrorism, and we have advised several times on how to tackle the problem. You can't use tactics like war. You need to win the argument! You need to starve them of recruits. How do you do that? by educating people.

Our BEST BET for winning this war are Muslims who can out-flank their crazy insane mullas and leaders. There are tons of them out there speaking day and night, but you won't read about or hear about it in the mainstream media. Because its just not sexy. Its not shock-and-awe material. Its lengthy discourse that educates the audience. Its not a newsentertainment. And lets face it, judging by this RNC, unless things are packaged like a WWE summerslam, no one gives a ***or watches it.

As long as people are lazy and say "kill em all" and "keep mulsims out" "Islam is the reason" we might as well all be shooting our owns elves in the foot whenever the enemy aims at you/us.

Hey now we don't want to kill all of them. Just some of them !
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-22 13:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Your failed attempt at humor is duly noted.

Likewise. Also George Carlins bit on representative democracy was better.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-22 13:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I prefer Trump's "bomb the hell out of them" seems to skip all the *** and get right to the point.

By right to the point you mean getting knee deep in another perpetual war in the ME. We're already bombing the hell out them btw. That's what the current proxy war in Syria is all about.

Rather have the war in the ME than fight them at home.

We haven't left.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-22 13:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Realistically, I can't see the world being mature and wise enough to try and disarm ISIS and the likes through an argument. So maybe you guys are right... maybe our governments should just issue all willing citizens an rifle, couple of thousand rounds, a jeep and be like
"Ok borders are open, go get ISIS".

I'd go.. and probably close to 100 million others from the region would go to. If the Governments declared the second form of Jihad (mandatory war of defense, first form being battling your desires) on ISIS, you would have the moderates take up the call.

About 75% of them would then continue the march on Israel....
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-22 13:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
A police operation is underway after gunfire erupted at a shopping center in Munich Friday. CNN affiliate NTV reports several are dead and others are wounded. Authorities shut down public transportation and warned people to stay home or seek protection.
Here's what we know so far:
• At least one shooter is still on the loose after a shooting inside a McDonald's across from the Olympia shopping mall, police spokeswoman Claudia Küntzel said. "There could be several dead and one or even several shooters are on the loose," Küntzel said. The shooting at the McDonald's happened around 5:50 p.m. (11:50 a.m. ET), she said. It's unclear whether shootings have occurred at other locations, and whether the gunfire has stopped.

• Gunfire also broke out inside the mall, witnesses said.

JUST IN: Twitter video shows people running from scene of shooting at German shopping center https://t.co/rI3HVFMiav pic.twitter.com/59Pf70D5cF
— CNN (@CNN) July 22, 2016

• On Facebook, police said gunfire was reported in several locations, and that witnesses report seeing three different people with firearms.
• "At the moment, we have not been able to arrest any perpetrators. The manhunt is underway at high speed," police said. "Because of the unclear situation we ask all people in the city area to stay at home or to look for protection in any nearby building. The operation of public transportation service has been stopped."

The suspects are still on the run. Please avoid public places. #munich #oez #gunfire
— Polizei München (@PolizeiMuenchen) July 22, 2016
By fonewear 2016-07-22 13:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer Trump's "bomb the hell out of them" seems to skip all the *** and get right to the point.

By right to the point you mean getting knee deep in another perpetual war in the ME. We're already bombing the hell out them btw. That's what the current proxy war in Syria is all about.

We haven't left.

I was born yesterday so you'll have to excuse me.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-22 13:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ISIS could never send an actual military force here with any semblance of success.

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
lol, any specific suggestions on what we should do differently against ISIS? Or are you just channeling your nominee?

We're Americans. We want the bad cowards drug out of their caves by their turbans and shot. It's all we know. Frontier justice baby, woooooooooooooooo!

"Subtlety, diplomacy, precision, and nuance" are some fancy foreign word for "bein' a pussy."

With Hillary in charge you can be assured we will be cowards...more then we are now.
I'd argue leaving tend of thousand of refugee's in a war zone on the off chance one of them is a terrorist is pretty cowardly.
By fonewear 2016-07-22 13:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

We have a solution for the refugees it's called "Let Germany deal with it"
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-22 13:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Realistically, I can't see the world being mature and wise enough to try and disarm ISIS and the likes through an argument. So maybe you guys are right... maybe our governments should just issue all willing citizens an rifle, couple of thousand rounds, a jeep and be like
"Ok borders are open, go get ISIS".

I'd go.. and probably close to 100 million others from the region would go to. If the Governments declared the second form of Jihad (mandatory war of defense, first form being battling your desires) on ISIS, you would have the moderates take up the call.

About 75% of them would then continue the march on Israel....

That might be what is necessary. There is a cancer that will devour Islam and regurgitate out a corruption there of, if Islam doesn't destroy it first.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-22 13:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

By Blazed1979 2016-07-22 13:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
That might be what is necessary. There is a cancer that will devour Islam and regurgitate out a corruption there of, if Islam doesn't destroy it first.

Problem is most of the gulf states are modern enough to worry about their civilization, their economies, their social structures, their futures etc... so they won't be opening up the borders and giving anyone a free pass to go kill some ISIS crazies, because it would mean their economies would flatline over night.

Good news is we're not crazy ISIS sympathisers. We're normal people. Bad news is, ISIS needs some other kind of crazy to deal with them.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-22 13:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

All the ISIS sympathizers are in Philadelphia getting ready for Hillary.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-22 13:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well take it from an American, War is always good for business. I see your point but at the same, the problem with isolationism is that you risk the possibility of an enemy growing to a point where none of that will matter.

But realistically speaking ISIS is having serious problems and most of these attacks are distractions and reactions to their loss of territory and commanders.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-22 13:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this is allowed, it doesn't show anything gory though

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-22 13:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Local media is saying 6 killed according to Sky News
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-22 13:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Times like this is why I kinda eye roll anyone cites *billions* of Muslims like there's any unity other than a loose belief in the same God. Wouldn't this be a time to call jihad and every able-bodied male to be drafted into God's army to crush some *** that most everyday Muslims think are fakes and phonies?

Nah, *** that. I'm not going on some adventure in Syria against crazy *** ISIS fighters. Nevermind these people have legit hijacked the most important thing to anyone religious. But I guess it's difficult for me as an areligious person to understand.

And thus the entire 'billions' of Muslims, like 'billions' of Christians amounts to nothing.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-22 13:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you go to Syria I want to see lots of pictures !
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-22 13:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

All transport is closed down now it seems
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-22 13:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
How do you propose we do that? They want to annihilate us as well.
1/3rd of the people killed in Nice France were Arab and Muslim.

First step towards peace is to get the damn dialogue and context right! THIS ISN'T ABOUT ISLAM!

You're missing the point.

The point is that passing the buck and saying "it's not our problem, it's yours, fix it or we'll punish you" is way easier than confronting it ourselves.

So, what is it that Obama is doing against ISIS that you hate so much? Because right now, we are employing option #1.
Maybe you don't understand. Option #1 through #4 are bad. You are justifying their existence, even empowering them, buy trying to wipe them from the face of the earth.

In essence, you are creating the very evil you are seeking to get rid of.

So, what Obama and his administration is doing is not working because, by wiping them from the face of the earth, you are in fact , promoting their cause.....
By fonewear 2016-07-22 13:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Times like this is why I kinda eye roll anyone cites *billions* of Muslims like there's any unity other than a loose belief in the same God. Wouldn't this be a time to call jihad and every able-bodied male to be drafted into God's army to crush some *** that most everyday Muslims think are fakes and phonies?

Nah, *** that. I'm not going on some adventure in Syria against crazy *** ISIS fighters. Nevermind these people have legit hijacked the most important thing to anyone religious. But I guess it's difficult for me as an areligious person to understand.

And thus the entire 'billions' of Muslims, like 'billions' of Christians amounts to nothing.

They want to kill us there doesn't need to be any rationalization beyond that.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 82 83 84