Random Politics & Religion #08

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #08
Random Politics & Religion #08
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 82 83 84
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-22 12:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
lol, any specific suggestions on what we should do differently against ISIS? Or are you just channeling your nominee?

We're Americans. We want the bad cowards drug out of their caves by their turbans and shot. It's all we know. Frontier justice baby, woooooooooooooooo!

"Subtlety, diplomacy, precision, and nuance" are some fancy foreign word for "bein' a pussy."

And because we're the home of the brave we'll do it with drone strikes controlled from modular units in Utah.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-22 12:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

15 dead in Munich. Shopping mall. That's all they're saying.
Just got an alert from my Embassy to cancel trip to Germany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heHsj8qMKog
By fonewear 2016-07-22 12:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, any specific suggestions on what we should do differently against ISIS? Or are you just channeling your nominee?

We're Americans. We want the bad cowards drug out of their caves by their turbans and shot. It's all we know. Frontier justice baby, woooooooooooooooo!

"Subtlety, diplomacy, precision, and nuance" are some fancy foreign word for "bein' a pussy."

With Hillary in charge you can be assured we will be cowards...more then we are now.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-22 12:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Funny how people hate on the state with the 6th strongest economy in the world (5th post Brexit) and strongest in the US. Guess nobody likes a winner.

Everyone likes to use the definition of "economy" that best fits their argument. I personally don't look at over 400 billion dollars of debt and think "strong economy".
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-22 12:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Except 11 billion surplus is not a debt. Catch up to current.
By fonewear 2016-07-22 12:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry when the next big earthquake hits CA will float off into the pacific and be a distant memory.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-22 12:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how people hate on the state with the 6th strongest economy in the world (5th post Brexit) and strongest in the US. Guess nobody likes a winner.

Are we talking about California?

I'm not hating on anything, I was just referencing an article discussing redrawing the US based on cultural/political/economic ideologies that has some merit, if no grounds in reality in regard to it ever happening.
It's another snap towards me.

He seems to love me today for some reason. Got to have me notice him.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-22 12:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Are we talking about California?

I'm not hating on anything, I was just referencing an article discussing redrawing the US based on cultural/political/economic ideologies that has some merit, if no grounds in reality in regard to it ever happening.
It's another snap towards me.

He seems to love me today for some reason. Got to have me notice him.

Unless Fone is your sock puppet... Sorry but Nope.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-22 12:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

And because we're the home of the brave we'll do it with drone strikes controlled from modular units in Utah.

modular units in Utah.
Utah.

...I KNEW THIS WAS ALL THE MORMONS' FAULT!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-22 12:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Is the Munich shooting is tied to ISIS, aren't they kinda slapping their *** against a beehive? I mean, they have a lot of countries pissed at them.
Better question is: Do they care?

I mean, they got most of EU after them, and they are still going strong. Now, if they make an attack on the US when we have a leader willing to fight them, that might be another thing altogether.

They still have ~6 months to make an attack on the US and get away with it though.

Personally, I don't want to see a retaliation attack. I don't want to see an attack period.

The only peaceful solution is for the Islam community to take charge of the situation. We cannot enforce our ideals onto them, we would be playing into their hands.

We shouldn't continue to arm them though. Either physically or rhetorically.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-22 12:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Except 11 billion surplus is not a debt. Catch up to current.

You're confusing debt with deficit. Also, what I'm looking at shows a $17 billion deficit, not a $11 billion surplus.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-07-22 12:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

this looks horrific
By fonewear 2016-07-22 12:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer Trump's "bomb the hell out of them" seems to skip all the *** and get right to the point.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-22 12:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The only peaceful solution is for the Islam community to take charge of the situation. We cannot enforce our ideals onto them, we would be playing into their hands.

How do you propose we do that? They want to annihilate us as well.
1/3rd of the people killed in Nice France were Arab and Muslim.

First step towards peace is to get the damn dialogue and context right! THIS ISN'T ABOUT ISLAM!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-22 12:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I prefer Trump's "bomb the hell out of them" seems to skip all the *** and get right to the point.

...the point is to kill as many, or more, innocents as terrorists?

Or are they inherently terrorists and a threat to the U.S. by nature of their merely being present in an area we want to bomb?
By Ramyrez 2016-07-22 12:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
First step towards peace is to get the damn dialogue and context right! THIS ISN'T ABOUT ISLAM!

You're missing the point.

The point is that passing the buck and saying "it's not our problem, it's yours, fix it or we'll punish you" is way easier than confronting it ourselves.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-07-22 12:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is that passing the buck and saying "it's not our problem, it's yours, fix it or we'll punish you" is way easier than confronting it ourselves.

Last time I checked we are actually the most active country against ISIS along with Saudi Arabia.

We continue to attack them!

Yet anyone reading these forums would believe a lot of you think we are the enemy!!
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-07-22 13:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Get *** educated on the Middle East because lumping us all together into one group is just going to help perpetuate this ***.

The surrounding Muslim countries are doing A LOT to try and stop ISIS. But it isn't easy when they have American made military weapons!!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-22 13:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Take a look at what is going on in Europe that is what is coming to America.

Take that how you will.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-22 13:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Coming to America? We already have our shootings and mass deaths. Homegrown.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-22 13:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

But it isn't easy when they have American made military weapons!!

Don't forget Japanese trucks!

I love my Colorado but it's ***compared to the Hilux.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-22 13:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

By right to the point you mean getting knee deep in another perpetual war in the ME. We're already bombing the hell out them btw. That's what the current proxy war in Syria is all about.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-22 13:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Take that how you will.

The ladies from the Paris Fashion Show!?

*** win.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-22 13:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
(CNN)[Breaking news alert, posted at 1:57 p.m. ET Friday]
At least one shooter is still on the loose after a shooting inside a McDonald's at Munich's Olympia shopping mall Friday, police spokeswoman Claudia Küntzel said.
"There could be several dead and one or even several shooters are on the loose," Küntzel said.

The shooting at the McDonald's happened around 5:50 p.m. (11:50 a.m. ET), she said.
It's unclear whether shootings have occurred at other locations, and whether the gunfire has stopped.
By fonewear 2016-07-22 13:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Quote:
(CNN)[Breaking news alert, posted at 1:57 p.m. ET Friday]
At least one shooter is still on the loose after a shooting inside a McDonald's at Munich's Olympia shopping mall Friday, police spokeswoman Claudia Küntzel said.
"There could be several dead and one or even several shooters are on the loose," Küntzel said.

The shooting at the McDonald's happened around 5:50 p.m. (11:50 a.m. ET), she said.
It's unclear whether shootings have occurred at other locations, and whether the gunfire has stopped.

Sounds like someone screwed up his Double Cheeseburger !
By Blazed1979 2016-07-22 13:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Take that how you will.

The ladies from the Paris Fashion Show!?

*** win.

Oh my. . . that's pretty darn close to perfect...always been a leg man, breasts are overrated.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-22 13:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you propose we do that? They want to annihilate us as well.
1/3rd of the people killed in Nice France were Arab and Muslim.

You're missing the point.

Look, there is no diplomatic solution to be made with radicals like ISIS. So, we are left with other options:

1) Kill them all, make them martyrs, and justify the next group of terrorists.
2) Do nothing, watch them make the world burn.
3) Gather all of the world together to fight them. See #1
4) Try to open dialog with them. Be seen as weak and negotiate with terrorists. Justify the next group of terrorists.

Like I said, the only peaceful solution is to have the community that drives those terrorists to change them from the inside. It's not kicking the can down the road, it's solving the problem with the least amount of bloodshed. That also doesn't mean that the US isn't involved in such talks.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-22 13:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

...always been a leg man, breasts are overrated

I am a big fan of the female form and all that encompasses.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-22 13:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

By right to the point you mean getting knee deep in another perpetual war in the ME. We're already bombing the hell out them btw. That's what the current proxy war in Syria is all about.

Rather have the war in the ME than fight them at home.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-22 13:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, there is no diplomatic solution to be made with radicals like ISIS. So, we are left with other options:

1) Kill them all, make them martyrs, and justify the next group of terrorists.
2) Do nothing, watch them make the world burn.
3) Gather all of the world together to fight them. See #1
4) Try to open dialog with them. Be seen as weak and negotiate with terrorists. Justify the next group of terrorists.

Like I said, the only peaceful solution is to have the community that drives those terrorists to change them from the inside. It's not kicking the can down the road, it's solving the problem with the least amount of bloodshed. That also doesn't mean that the US isn't involved in such talks.

It's a problematic situation no matter how you approach it. I'll take your solution over "bomb the Middle East until it stops causing problems" because that's never really going to work and it will just cause more problems.

But I feel like saying "Well, the Islamic world needs to get their own house in order" is...well, it's not "wrong" in theory, but "the Islamic world" is a false entity. It's not a thing. It's dozens of nations and billions of people that are not one solid unit.

Try getting the Catholics, Methodists, and Evangelists to come up with an agreed-upon set of rules for Christianity and then get every other of the plethora of other Christian denominations worldwide to agree upon exactly what's going on during Communion.

Now multiply that difficulty by a factor of about a thousand.

You can't let these *** keep killing people around the globe, but trying to stop them with brute force -- from without or within -- simply will not work, so what do you do?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 82 83 84