Random Politics & Religion #08

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #08
Random Politics & Religion #08
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 82 83 84
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-22 11:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Ramyrez said: »
fonewear said: »
None of those states are as bad as Kansas. I would describe as nothing but that is being too generous !

"Nothing" is better than "lots of awful things."

Seriously. If we're talking "worst place in America," you really need to hit some of the small-to-mid size towns/cities in Eastern Ohio and Central/Southwestern Pennsylvania.

B.R.U.T.A.L.

Eastern Missouri, Virgina, All of New Mexico along the 44 deserve dishonorable mentions

I would consider adding states that contain craphole cities (like Detroit), but luckily that isn't always indicative of the state as a whole.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-22 11:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah cause despite Detroit, Michigan as a whole isn't all that bad. Looking at you Grand Rapids, Traverse City, Kalamazoo and Mackinaw.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-22 11:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
(CNN)[Breaking news update, published at 12:44 p.m. ET]
The shooting at a Munich shopping mall is over, police spokeswoman Claudia Kvenzel said. Police are asking people to avoid the area. Kvenzel had no further information.
[Original story, published at 12:39 p.m. ET]

An ongoing "shooting spree" was happening early Friday evening at the Olympia-Einkaufszentrum shopping mall in the Moosach district of Munich, Germany, a police spokesperson told CNN.
The spokesperson did not give any further information.
Developing story - more to come

Swedish news and Sky News saying multiple deaths but not enough info yet

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-22 12:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

All of New Mexico

*** Gary Johnson. Lying to us about how awesome he made NM!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-22 12:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care what anyone says.

Texas is *** awesome!

Now, if only there's some way to kick out those damn Californians shitting up this state.....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-22 12:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope none of my friends from tsv münchen großhadern were affected any capacity...
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-22 12:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the Munich shooting is tied to ISIS, aren't they kinda slapping their *** against a beehive? I mean, they have a lot of countries pissed at them.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-22 12:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Quote:
(CNN)[Breaking news update, published at 12:44 p.m. ET]
The shooting at a Munich shopping mall is over, police spokeswoman Claudia Kvenzel said. Police are asking people to avoid the area. Kvenzel had no further information.
[Original story, published at 12:39 p.m. ET]

An ongoing "shooting spree" was happening early Friday evening at the Olympia-Einkaufszentrum shopping mall in the Moosach district of Munich, Germany, a police spokesperson told CNN.
The spokesperson did not give any further information.

Swedish news and Sky News saying multiple deaths but not enough info yet
Another day, another mass murder courtesy of the runaway firearms industry runaway mental-health-condition ignoring society.
FTFY. Guns may be tools to kill people, but people are still the ones who pull the trigger. Banning guns is not the solution, ignorant/willful murderers will find bigger ways of killing people anyway (hi2u OKC/Boston Bombings).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-22 12:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Is the Munich shooting is tied to ISIS, aren't they kinda slapping their *** against a beehive? I mean, they have a lot of countries pissed at them.
Better question is: Do they care?

I mean, they got most of EU after them, and they are still going strong. Now, if they make an attack on the US when we have a leader willing to fight them, that might be another thing altogether.

They still have ~6 months to make an attack on the US and get away with it though.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-22 12:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Gunfire rang out at a shopping mall in the German city of Munich on Friday evening, leaving several people dead and others wounded, CNN affiliate NTV reported.
The shooting, which started at about 6 p.m. local time at the Olympia shopping mall, is over, police spokeswoman Claudia Kvenzel said. Kvenzel had no immediate information about casualties or what led to the shooting.

Lynn Stein, who said she works at the Jack Wolfskin store in the mall, told CNN that the shooter was inside the mall.

"I heard several shots," Stein said. "(I) was just going to buy something while my coworker was still in the shop.

"People started running. I went outside as well; more people running outside. I think I heard more shots. Then it sounded like he went to the parking house next to the mall -- several shots there."
Stein said she then went back into the mall.
"I saw ... somebody lying on the floor, presumably dead, I don't know. Or badly hurt. And there's a woman over them, crying."
Eventually, she said, police "told everyone to clear off the area and go to the other side of the street."
"And we just stayed there for a while until police told us to go further back and further back," she said.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-07-22 12:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh...Is 2016 over yet?
By fonewear 2016-07-22 12:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly the only solution is to ban shopping malls !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-22 12:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I mean, they got most of EU after them, and they are still going strong. Now, if they make an attack on the US when we have a leader willing to fight them, that might be another thing altogether.

They still have ~6 months to make an attack on the US and get away with it though.

I just thought of a hilarious way WWIII could start. ISIS does some attacks in North Korea because... well, who knows what they're thinking. North Korea retaliates with missiles and hits the wrong target because they suck. Someone declares war in retaliation, China jumps in to defend, boom.

Highly improbable, but amusing in my own head.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-22 12:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Ugh...Is 2016 over yet?

Why, feel we've hit our quota for 2016 and, fearing a shortfall, you want these deaths to start counting toward our 2017 total?

People suck.

Save us lizard men. :'(
By fonewear 2016-07-22 12:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

America is overdue for a civil war that seems more likely. Maybe we can get rid of the south and California once and for all !
By fonewear 2016-07-22 12:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I just thought of a hilarious way WWIII could start. ISIS does some attacks in North Korea because... well, who knows what they're thinking. North Korea retaliates with missiles and hits the wrong target because they suck. Someone declares war in retaliation, China jumps in to defend, boom.

Highly improbable, but amusing in my own head.

With NK technology they might be able to attack South Korea...maybe...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-22 12:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

America is overdue for a civil war that seems more likely. Maybe we can get rid of the south and California once and for all !

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-07-22 12:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

By fonewear 2016-07-22 12:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

No wonder there is so much terrorist look at all those shitty European cars !
By Ramyrez 2016-07-22 12:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a pretty good article that map is referencing if you feel like looking it up. Discusses some finer points about how Quebec/NE/Foundry are all pretty similar and would likely be allied, and how the Peninsula portion of LA would be a bit of a remote territory of Quebec b/c of cultural and traditional ties/mindsets.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-22 12:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how people hate on the state with the 6th strongest economy in the world (5th post Brexit) and strongest in the US. Guess nobody likes a winner.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-22 12:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, any specific suggestions on what we should do differently against ISIS? Or are you just channeling your nominee?
By fonewear 2016-07-22 12:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's about making America great again Germany can fend for itself.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-22 12:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how people hate on the state with the 6th strongest economy in the world (5th post Brexit) and strongest in the US. Guess nobody likes a winner.

Are we talking about California?

I'm not hating on anything, I was just referencing an article discussing redrawing the US based on cultural/political/economic ideologies that has some merit, if no grounds in reality in regard to it ever happening.
By fonewear 2016-07-22 12:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

CA might as well be another country they don't live in reality...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-22 12:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You didn't say you wanted to be rid of California.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-22 12:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
lol, any specific suggestions on what we should do differently against ISIS? Or are you just channeling your nominee?

We're Americans. We want the bad cowards drug out of their caves by their turbans and shot. It's all we know. Frontier justice baby, woooooooooooooooo!

"Subtlety, diplomacy, precision, and nuance" are some fancy foreign word for "bein' a pussy."
By Ramyrez 2016-07-22 12:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

CA might as well be another country they don't live in reality...

Who does these days?
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 82 83 84