0 Respect For Obama Usually But This Speech..

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » 0 respect for Obama usually but this speech..
0 respect for Obama usually but this speech..
By Ramyrez 2016-07-11 12:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Actually Obama is probably smart enough not to playing a dying MMO. He probably plays Call of Duty.

Seems like a LoL guy to me.
By fonewear 2016-07-11 12:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well as long as there is a an us vs them mentality none of this will change.

And if I know people as well as I think I know them it will continue that way.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-07-11 12:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Actually Obama is probably smart enough not to playing a dying MMO. He probably plays Call of Duty.

Seems like a LoL guy to me.
Naw, he would play WoW.

Because it has the most people in it, and he would still be bad at it.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-07-11 13:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

And then there's Adrian Schoolcraft who was involuntarily committed to a psychiatric hospital after exposing corruption in the NYPD.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-11 13:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

He plays FFXIV: ARR, the promise going into that was basically "Hope" and "Change".
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-07-11 13:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
What you experienced the first time was known as the "Blue Wall" and it's what is primarily responsible for all the chaos happening now. When one Police Officer goes overboard and breaks the law, the others will lock ranks and do everything possible to protect that Officer. If one Officer loses his ***and shoots you in the head, the others will fabricate and confirm his story about you reaching for his gun. This has been the status quo for decades, back to before the Rodney King riots. Now that social media and mobile camera's exist, everything the Police do is being recorded and shared for everyone to see yet the Police still refuse to break that Blue Wall and thus openly break the law. People yell for change and the Police resist and then continue with supporting the brutality of a few. The public is now erupting into violence and blind retaliations are happening. It's going to grow worse and worse until either a civil revolution starts or the Police back down and fix their system.

I'm expecting to see Police stations bombed and cops executed within the new few years.

Isn't there always going to be a "blue wall" in a society with police? I mean, how can one expect people that have to put their lives on the line addressing the undesirables of a culture and not expect them to coalesce and support each other when one of them *** up?

This isn't to say that they should ever be above the law. They never should. But I think it is foolish for the BLM crowd or anyone to protest and wreck havoc expecting there to be no blue wall. There's always going to be some cops that break the rules.
It's laughable that you're ok with the people that are there to uphold the law breaking the law like it's an inevitability and should just be accepted... A complete joke..
By Ramyrez 2016-07-11 14:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »

And then there's Adrian Schoolcraft who was involuntarily committed to a psychiatric hospital after exposing corruption in the NYPD.

Now, now. I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable reason these people were fired and it just so happens they were whistle blowers.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-12 14:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched the entire Dallas memorial. It was actually pretty interesting.

It's too bad we only come together when tragedies happen.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-13 05:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

And then it goes away and we go back to indifference towards everything. I mean, we'd be massively depressed if we could truly hold on to the anxiety/sadness/rage/fear/etc, but it's kind of depressing that noone will care next month.

Next year, people will show their #NeverForgotten support on Facebook by taking 5 seconds to share a meme, and then they'll forget.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-13 05:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Shiva.Shruiken said: »

Now, now. I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable reason these people were fired and it just so happens they were whistle blowers.

I've said it several times, Police Officers are forced to toe that line or face severe repercussions. This is why ever time someone tries to say "but but but statistics!!!" I get a chuckle at how clueless they are. The people that record those "statistics" are the same ones who will lie about or punish anyone who reports about those "statistics". The system is so corrupt it can't be trusted to work.
By fonewear 2016-07-13 08:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama is going to have a discussion (lecture white people) about racism on Thursday.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/07/disney-obama-town-hall-225449
By eliroo 2016-07-13 08:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually hope he continues the "We need to work together" message and not give the speech the BLM wants him to give.
By barkley1 2016-07-19 16:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Working together should be the message, but you cant work with dumb people.

I see too many folks changing the narrative by deflection. if they are discussing police brutality, discuss it. If they are discussing black on black crime, discuss that. Sure all murders are still murders, but the deflection is annoying on both sides. The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Folks deflect the police brutality by bring up black on black crime; this like deflecting isis terror because Americans kill Americans daily or every hour, while isis do most of their damage outside of the states.

And vice versa to the folks whom bring up police brutality when discussing the issue of black on black crime. Two different circumstance, but both are issues, regardless of the death toll. One life is too many.

I really don't follow BLM, because this is a "Dumb person issue"

Terrorist-Dumb

Violent Police-Dumb

Savages who think it is cool to be a hitman-Dumb

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-19 18:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama is going to have a discussion (lecture white people) about racism on Thursday.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/07/disney-obama-town-hall-225449
Well you white people had better worry then.

As for me, Jews just pass REAL well.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-19 18:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
I actually hope he continues the "We need to work together" message and not give the speech the BLM wants him to give.

Uhh, that's basically been the message of his entire Presidency so I don't think that'll change.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-07-19 19:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

Uhh, that's basically been the message of his entire Presidency so I don't think that'll change.
He has been saying work together since he was elected. The republicans strategy was to not give him anything. Now he wants cops to stop murdering blacks AND people to stop killing cops, but people refuse to see you can want both equally.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-19 19:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

He has been saying work together since he was elected. The republicans strategy was to not give him anything. Now he wants cops to stop murdering blacks AND people to stop killing cops, but people refuse to see you can want both equally.

That was my point, if it wasn't clear. Obama has been about working together for 8 years, it's been pretty clear that's his main theme. Sad that he's gotten the exact opposite from congress this whole time.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-19 19:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Until America shakes her innate racism, nothing will change. Police attitudes towards blacks and minorities is a direct reflection of how society feels about the group. All Lives Matter is the manifestation of the arrogance and self-centered nature of those who can't see beyond their own station.

Ignorance is bliss.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-19 19:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say ignorance is bliss I'd say sleeping is though.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2016-07-19 19:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think the racism against African Americans is bad, look at how the people in India treat people of African descent. Actually, look at how vocal Japan has been on trying to strip a Miss Universe Japan of her crown because she's half Japanese and half African descent. If you think the US is bad, we at least try to deny it, other countries don't.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-19 19:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that supposed to make anyone feel better? Japan and India have their own problems and will deal with them or suffer the consequences.

I don't really see what a statement like that does other than distract from American issues.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-19 19:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 32% blue mage and people treat me differently...
By Yatenkou 2016-07-19 19:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Is that supposed to make anyone feel better? Japan and India have their own problems and will deal with them or suffer the consequences.

I don't really see what a statement like that does other than distract from American issues.
Argh, ye caught me, RETREAT!

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-07-19 19:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

America projects it's influence around the world so solving issues at home here would probably be pretty useful in inspiring Japanese and Indians to clean up their own ***.

Or is America done being godking superpower of the world?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-19 19:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Or is America done being godking superpower of the world?
If Trump is elected yes.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-19 19:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

And most here are Americans. None fly the India or Japanese flag.
By fonewear 2016-07-19 19:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

As not what America can do for you. Ask what Trump can do for your country.
By fonewear 2016-07-19 19:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask *
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2016-07-19 21:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As not what America can do for you. Ask what Trump can do for your country.

That triggered Holy Wars to be stuck in my head.