0 Respect For Obama Usually But This Speech..

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » 0 respect for Obama usually but this speech..
0 respect for Obama usually but this speech..
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-07-09 17:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If you think a black male has every opportunity a white male does, then you know nothing about real life. Proof? Your own words. A black guy that was articulate. No one ever says wow, that white guy was so articulate. Felonies were made up on the spot to black men trying to vote.
 Asura.Thorva
Server: Asura
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-09 17:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said: »
If you think a black male has every opportunity a white male does, then you know nothing about real life. Proof? Your own words. A black guy that was articulate. No one ever says wow, that white guy was so articulate. Felonies were made up on the spot to black men trying to vote.

You really want to bring that as your debate? People don't say "wow that white guy was articulate," because generally white people are articulate. I don't know anything about real life? I assume you have never been in prison and seen how few articulate black people there are.

My foster brother is black and has owned his own business for many years, the same one that was stopped for no reason. I am just now starting my own business, so if it was white privilege, why has he had the business for years and I was homeless?

If you don't think black people have just as good an opportunity of a white person, you might need to get your head out of the leftist and social media. There are plenty of black doctors, scientist, actors, athletes, police officers (in fact 40% of police officers are black), singers, lawyers, congressmen, oh and look a black president.

Just because someone doesn't get off their *** and make something for themselves doesn't mean their entire race is magically oppressed.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-09 17:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thorva said: »
Now I am not going to sit here and say all cops are good, but I am damn sure not going to say they are all bad. There are incidents when I see videos online and I think, that is standard procedure, stop your bitching. Other times I look at a video and I think, that cop should be on death row.

The problem isn't the individual police officers, it's the system and culture that enables the abusive ones to, literally, get away with murder. It's not isolated, it's standard procedure. It's not new, it's been the status quo for decades. The only difference now is that cell phones and social media enable us to see exactly what's going on and the Police can no longer effective hide it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-07-09 17:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You really want to bring that as your debate? People don't say "wow that white guy was articulate," because generally white people are articulate. I don't know anything about real life? I assume you have never been in prison and seen how few articulate black people there are.

My foster brother is black and has owned his own business for many years, the same one that was stopped for no reason. I am just now starting my own business, so if it was white privilege, why has he had the business for years and I was homeless?

If you don't think black people have just as good an opportunity of a white person, you might need to get your head out of the leftist and social media. There are plenty of black doctors, scientist, actors, athletes, police officers (in fact 40% of police officers are black), singers, lawyers, congressmen, oh and look a black president.

Just because someone doesn't get off their *** and make something for themselves doesn't mean their entire race is magically oppressed.
Yeah, you are right. Because you had a hard time, Jim Crowe laws never existed, slavery is a liberal lie, and black men aren't disproportionately arrested. I never said white privilege so gtfo with that.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-09 17:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Now I am not going to sit here and say all cops are good, but I am damn sure not going to say they are all bad. There are incidents when I see videos online and I think, that is standard procedure, stop your bitching. Other times I look at a video and I think, that cop should be on death row.

The problem isn't the individual police officers, it's the system and culture that enables the abusive ones to, literally, get away with murder. It's not isolated, it's standard procedure. It's not new, it's been the status quo for decades. The only difference now is that cell phones and social media enable us to see exactly what's going on and the Police can no longer effective hide it.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, I think it is time that people are held accountable for their actions. In fact in a round about way, that was what I was saying. Someone does the crime they should do the time. I did my time, I honestly feel I should have got more, I am grateful for not getting more time, (max penalty for my crime in that state) and I feel my life has been turned around since.

However, I do see some of these videos and the people put themselves in a position for a cop to treat them like crap, I literally just watched one where originally the kid was in the right, but when he started resisting, trying to leave the scene and yanking himself away from the cops grasp, he put himself in a situation that goes from a ticket to a being handcuffed.

I abhor, when cops make a bad name for the entire force, just like I abhor when a convicted felon makes a bad name for me. I abhor when the black lives matter movement claims peaceful protest but then post open hits for whites and cops on twitter and facebook.

Those people doing wrong, whether we accept it or not, will become the face of the group because it is natural human instinct to look at the negative. Nobody talks about the countless lives that the Black Lives Matter movement has brought awareness too and possibly saved lives with, nobody talks about the cop that ran into the house of a raging husband with a knife to defend the wife and kids, nobody talks about the convicts that go to schools and give speeches to try to pry kids out of a messed up lifestyle.

Instead social media and the news focus on the negative.

I agree, and I don't deny that there are instances in which power is abused. It happens in the police force, it happens in our government, it happens with the manager at McDonalds. It is everywhere. It will always be that way, people get drunk with power and abuse it.

I believe 100%, there should be a higher level of standard held for those people that should be setting an example. There should be new and harsher punishments for cops that break the laws. I don't deny that. At the same time, I think it is about time we start looking at the good guys as well.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-09 17:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, you are right. Because you had a hard time, Jim Crowe laws never existed, slavery is a liberal lie, and black men aren't disproportionately arrested. I never said white privilege so gtfo with that.

I am going to assume you are talking out the side of your neck, have nothing really of experience or value to say and just flat out ignore you.
The 1800's are over, we aren't talking about that anymore, and if you read anything about what I said you would see that I don't side with one group any more than the other. I side with good, not bad, I side with smart, not stupid. I am categorizing you by the way. You can make the guess where I am going to side there.
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-07-09 17:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I am going to assume you are talking out the side of your neck, have nothing really of experience or value to say and just flat out ignore you.
The 1800's are over, we aren't talking about that anymore, and if you read anything about what I said you would see that I don't side with one group any more than the other. I side with good, not bad, I side with smart, not stupid. I am categorizing you by the way. You can make the guess where I am going to side there.
Except we are. You are too dense to see it. Generations and generations of black people were enslaved and many were killed if it was known they could read. The public schools in low income neighborhoods are severely underfunded and staffed. Like I said you have no grasp on real life, history or how even today it hinders us all.
 Cerberus.Boleslaus
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Boleslaus 2016-07-09 17:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I just see a bunch of stupid
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-09 17:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't about race, stop trying to make it that way, it's dishonest and detracts from the root cause. This is about a broke system that protects Police Officers and enables them to brutalize the public with minimal / no repercussions. This is about a system that seeks to cover up and hide any misdeeds by fellow Police Officers to ensure a unified front. About a system that forces Police Officers to support unconditionally their fellows, even when they are wrong, or face reprimands.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-09 17:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Except we are. You are too dense to see it. Generations and generations of black people were enslaved and many were killed if it was known they could read. The public schools in low income neighborhoods are severely underfunded and staffed. Like I said you have no grasp on real life, history or how even today it hinders us all.

Really? I grew up in low income neighborhood and low income school system (West Dallas) with black family members who all have their own jobs, or are in medical/legal profession. Yet I, the white guy, was the one that ended up locked up and am just now getting out of years of homelessness. Sounds like you have zero grasp on reality. Go look at homelessness by race. Go find me slavery in America. It is people like you that set the race relations backwards because they quote crap that happened in the past. You talk about how bad it once was and won't let go of it all which builds up tension. You seem to think nobody has experience yet I have tabled my experience. I obviously have experience. You are just talking out the side of your neck. As I said, I am categorizing you, I won't waste my time with blatant idiocy. If you want to wallow in self pity and thing woe is me, woe is the world go ahead. Some of us have come out from behind our computer screens and been in the real world. Some of us have been in the military. We didn't see black, white or brown. We saw green. All our military family wore the same colors, I don't care what race you are, if you are shot next to me I will patch your *** up just as if I would if you had the same color. I know good white people, I know good black people. I don't scream racism every chance I get because I have enough common sense to not buy into the stupidity of people like you.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-09 17:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't about race, stop trying to make it that way, it's dishonest and detracts from the root cause. This is about a broke system that protects Police Officers and enables them to brutalize the public with minimal / no repercussions. This is about a system that seeks to cover up and hide any misdeeds by fellow Police Officers to ensure a unified front. About a system that forces Police Officers to support unconditionally their fellows, even when they are wrong, or face reprimands.

And I said to penalize them too didn't I.
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-07-09 18:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? I grew up in low income neighborhood and low income school system (West Dallas) with black family members who all have their own jobs, or are in medical/legal profession. Yet I, the white guy, was the one that ended up locked up and am just now getting out of years of homelessness. Sounds like you have zero grasp on reality. Go look at homelessness by race. Go find me slavery in America. It is people like you that set the race relations backwards because they quote crap that happened in the past. You talk about how bad it once was and won't let go of it all which builds up tension. You seem to think nobody has experience yet I have tabled my experience. I obviously have experience. You are just talking out the side of your neck. As I said, I am categorizing you, I won't waste my time with blatant idiocy. If you want to wallow in self pity and thing woe is me, woe is the world go ahead. Some of us have come out from behind our computer screens and been in the real world. Some of us have been in the military. We didn't see black, white or brown. We saw green. All our military family wore the same colors, I don't care what race you are, if you are shot next to me I will patch your *** up just as if I would if you had the same color. I know good white people, I know good black people. I don't scream racism every chance I get because I have enough common sense to not buy into the stupidity of people like you.
OK, too dense. Done with you. Watching the ***happening at Dallas pd hq atm. Toodles.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-09 18:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Right and we need to focus on the system itself not the individuals. Even if you were to attempt to "punish" a bad cop, the Prosecutor, the Judge and the Police Department themselves would do everything in their power to rig the trial. It's the system that is broke not the people in it.
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-09 18:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Right and we need to focus on the system itself not the individuals. Even if you were to attempt to "punish" a bad cop, the Prosecutor, the Judge and the Police Department themselves would do everything in their power to rig the trial. It's the system that is broke not the people in it.

Again, I agree. In my times of breaking the law if I was allowed to investigate myself I would magically find no evidence to convict myself.

The system was originally design for the courtroom to show burden of proof against a defense, hence the "jury of peers." Bringing in unbiased groups of people to determine the guilt. That fails when we bring in investigative government groups to investigate the government. The goes everwhere, from police to I.R.S, to congress, to Hillary Clinton and her emails.

When someone doesn't find evidence during investigation of one of their own, the only surprise I have is that people are surprised and don't believe there is a cover up involved. I seriously think there needs the be an end of government investigations and just taken to court with burden of proof for plantiff and defendant in front of a group of unbiased individual with no ties to the organization or the defense or prosecution. Furthermore I think all punishments for people in positions of power should be heightened. I am ok with double or triple punishment.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-09 18:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread isn't locked yet ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-07-09 19:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
This thread isn't locked yet ?
Ever heard of the term "containment thread"?
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-09 19:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Since it was brought to my attention, combining threads.

OP X-post from other thread:

Odinz said: »
This has become such an observable phenomenon now that I think it deserves its own thread.

569 Shot dead so far in 2016 (6 months). That rivals the deathcounts of soldiers during previous wars (Afghanistan, Iraq)

The Guardian has a deathcount tracker here:
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/jun/01/the-counted-police-killings-us-database

To keep things objective and balanced, I am also posting this (Police killed):
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/07/08/nationwide-police-shooting-deaths/86861082/

Finaly, this image of Alton Sterling's killer has really stirred something fierce inside me.
By Jetackuu 2016-07-09 20:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I wish none of our citizens were so fearful of our government and their fellows that they feel the need arm themselves.
It's becoming the wild wild west and a chaotic mess.

Point 1: the point of arming yourself is so that the government fears us.

Point 2: no it's not, and that's a silly assertion. Not to mention that most person's perceptions of what the "wild west" were are severely inaccurate.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2016-07-09 21:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming a government can fear, cameras and investigative journalism are far better tools than firearms would be.

I'm not sure it's such a poor statement. I'm not talking about a historically accurate time period. I'm talking about the wild wild west that matches most people's perceptions. Who will get shot tomorrow? Over something as stupid as a poker game? Let's tune into the next episode...
By Jetackuu 2016-07-09 21:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Matter of opinion.

Like I said, inaccurate, now of both periods, unless you're talking about say Chicago where only the criminals and law enforcement have weapons then yeah that would be decently accurate.
By eliroo 2016-07-09 22:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I agree with you 100%. I don't think saying the system should be blamed for the murders but I think the system needs to be fixed regardless. Like what will happen to that officer in Minnesota or the officers that beat up Rodney King? Why are they safe from the law, they should be prosecuted equally and wear body cams wherever they go.
By fonewear 2016-07-11 09:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to move on to the next tragedy. My prediction it will involve a gun and possibly racism !
By Ramyrez 2016-07-11 09:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anecdote time about why the whole "blue wall" thing is problematic.

I knew a really good local cop. Really good. He eventually was made chief of the small town station he worked at.

Did his job very well.

But. Also was too nice to his fellow cops. Too willing to cover for their (literal, in this case) incompetence. Falsified a bunch of proficiencies for them that they failed/let lapse and didn't do anything about.

Now he's a regular civilian again. Somehow, the shitty cops aren't.

Now, he deserved what happened. He shouldn't have done that ***.

But in this instance, the good outcome is that an otherwise good officer isn't an officer anymore and a few shitty cops still are for his actions in defending them.

The "Blue Wall" doesn't just protect bad cops. It can, at it's worst moments, obfuscate justice as a whole for citizens and taxpayers, and prevent good cops from doing their job/get them caught up in bad ***.

If the police force is to receive carte blanch the respect and gratitude that most officers deserve, it must be held to a higher standard. And that's not happening right now.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-07-11 09:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to move on to the next tragedy. My prediction it will involve a gun and possibly racism !

Thank you, political prognostication guru!

You're the Punxsutawney Phil of Politics!

And I spelled "Punxsutawney" without the use of reference or spellcheck.

*smug sense of spelling superiority*
By fonewear 2016-07-11 12:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well tragedies can only be used to further political gains. Why else would someone kill someone with a gun ?

If they used a knife we would have to ban knives next.
By Ramyrez 2016-07-11 12:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If they used a knife we would have to ban knives nextstart carrying shields.
By fonewear 2016-07-11 12:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This will all end when Obama is back in the country. He has a healing effect similar to a white mage...
By Ramyrez 2016-07-11 12:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This will all end when Obama is back in the country. He has a healing effect similar to a white mage...

???

[+]
By fonewear 2016-07-11 12:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually Obama is probably smart enough not to playing a dying MMO. He probably plays Call of Duty.