Link | Quote | Reply

Puks are dragon type too.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-06 01:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what other people think, but imho it's much more time-efficient to spam "D" on Volume1.
In the time it takes to do one Volume1 "VD" (600 points) you can do at least 2 (800 points) if not even 3 (1200 points) of the "D" version.

I see no problem with Volume2, even on VD the Dragon dies within a few mins.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-04-06 01:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

That same day release VD solo video!
[+]
 Phoenix.Faloun
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2016-04-06 01:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I did volume 1 with a party of 3, and I never saw 6 orcs, only 3. I don't know but it looks Like the number of orcs to pop dépends on the number of player in the party.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-04-06 01:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy way to test that is enter on VD and die/exit, since you don't lose KI.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2016-04-06 02:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 6 orcs on VD, hate goes all over the place even if puller is out of party. ES sleep can work so maybe a geo buffed sleeper can work for controlling mobs as you whittle them down?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-06 02:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
It's 6 orcs on VD, hate goes all over the place even if puller is out of party.
Someone already said Ambuscade has zone-enmity. Like Incursion and Vagary.
Which means even being outside of party won't change anything, supposing that claim is correct, that is.

Phoenix.Faloun said: »
I did volume 1 with a party of 3, and I never saw 6 orcs, only 3. I don't know but it looks Like the number of orcs to pop dépends on the number of player in the party.
No, it depends on the difficulty.
It's 4 orcs on D and 6 orcs on VD.

Think it's probably 3 orcs on N, E and VE.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-04-06 02:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

they found the fix for congestion in ambuscade... make people fear the DC
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-04-06 03:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Montaeg said: »
I just did Dragon D solo on GEO (idris) cause why not? I did indi-vex/geo-malaise and nuked it down with T1/T2 spells (very slowly!) took about 16 minutes, but went pretty fast once I figured it out. It switches elements based on the breath it's doing:

Flame breath -- nuke water
Wind breath -- nuke ice
Poison breath -- nuke thunder

Trusts were Augsut/Amchuchu/Apururu/KoH/Arciela I. Trusts were never in danger, just make sure you watch Apururu's MP (entrust refresh and radial her).

I'm not sure if this trick applies to VD as I sometimes had MACC issues nuking thunder after poison breath etc. I ended up having to rotate between water, ice, thunder, and even stone until I found one doing decent damage. I just think that the weakness changes periodically. I also found that Heavy Stomp either does an extreme amount of damage (sometimes 2k+ even with 50% PDT) or low damage with paralyze.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-04-06 04:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
I just did Dragon D solo on GEO (idris) cause why not? I did indi-vex/geo-malaise and nuked it down with T1/T2 spells (very slowly!) took about 16 minutes, but went pretty fast once I figured it out. It switches elements based on the breath it's doing:

Wind breath -- nuke ice

Trusts were Augsut/Amchuchu/Apururu/KoH/Arciela I. Trusts were never in danger, just make sure you watch Apururu's MP (entrust refresh and radial her).

I'm not sure if this trick applies to VD as I sometimes had MACC issues nuking thunder after poison breath etc. I ended up having to rotate between water, ice, thunder, and even stone until I found one doing decent damage. I just think that the weakness changes periodically. I also found that Heavy Stomp either does an extreme amount of damage (sometimes 2k+ even with 50% PDT) or low damage with paralyze.
Doing a Very Difficult Ambuscade today, the Sombra Dragon will use Heavy Stomp (low damage and paralyze) and Body Slam, the latter being the heavy damage aoe.
In order to get around this massive amount of damage, we had a scholar with us who would AoE buff the party with Protect V/Shell V, and Phalanx. It shaved off a lot of damage.
I was the Rune Fencer Tank, and I found using Lux Runes helped more than swapping to other runes, primarily because you don't want to get cut in half HP-wise by Chaos Breath's curse effect. Of course it goes without saying to use your abilities and enmity generating spells.

Our DDs were doing pretty well, (which were all blue mages), and didn't seem to have any accuracy problems (I just wish I had the JP required for Temper on Rune Fencer), so our GEO was able to keep up Fury and Frailty, so it died quicker.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-06 05:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The current 4 hour maintenance isnt just to fix the infinite loading, it's also to fix Congestion in Ambuscade.
So large pop servers shouldn't have an issue anymore. or at least as bad as one.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-04-06 07:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Shiva.Hiep said: »

Wind breath -- nuke ice

Doing a Very Difficult Ambuscade today, the Sombra Dragon will use Heavy Stomp (low damage and paralyze) and Body Slam, the latter being the heavy damage aoe.
In order to get around this massive amount of damage, we had a scholar with us who would AoE buff the party with Protect V/Shell V, and Phalanx. It shaved off a lot of damage.
I was the Rune Fencer Tank, and I found using Lux Runes helped more than swapping to other runes, primarily because you don't want to get cut in half HP-wise by Chaos Breath's curse effect. Of course it goes without saying to use your abilities and enmity generating spells.

Our DDs were doing pretty well, (which were all blue mages), and didn't seem to have any accuracy problems (I just wish I had the JP required for Temper on Rune Fencer), so our GEO was able to keep up Fury and Frailty, so it died quicker.

Phalanx would only reduce Body Slam's damage by 30-40 points depending on your SCH's Phalanx set. I was hit for 2k with Pro/Shell, Phalanx, and PDT set on before.
[+]
By Nellarie 2016-04-06 07:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if melee accuracy requirements have been mentioned yet, but last night we ran Volume 2 on N and D with PLD, DNC, BLU + Trusts. I think the Acc check for D might be around 1050 or so... (roughly the same as Apex Erucas). Here were a few observations:

• BLU had 1017 acc unbuffed

• I (the DNC) had 1032 unbuffed

• We both used NQ sole sushi (+72 acc)

• We both still had capped hit rates (95%) on D even after the full dispel)

• We were using Koru, so Distract II may have factored, but none of us paid attention to whether it was landing.. lol

I might try again on D without Koru to be sure, but I think the acc for D is in the ballpark of 1050-ish.

Also worth mentioning, is that on N, our Paladin also had a 95% hit rate, but on D, he had about 25%.. So I think close enough to the acc cap for Distract II to cap him. His accuracy was 860 for both fights.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2016-04-06 08:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds reasonable. On VD I went as both BLU and WAR and was able to cap hit rate with lowAcc set using crab sushi (super cheap from curio moogle since the dragon is going to eat it anyway) and 2 madrigals. For accuracy requirements VD is basically an apex pugil with a lot of hp.
By Numquam 2016-04-06 08:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I fought the dragon last night with Trion, King, Apu, Qultada, and Abenzio on normal. Took about 6 min. The only TP move he favored prior to 50% was petro eyes...pretty annoying, but after that he started dropping body slams everywhere and somehow Apu got hate and was smacked a few times. At 25% every 10s was Thornsong. So, the fight was unpredictable, still fun, but meh. Also, I lost the KI for it. Does that mean I have to farm it everytime I want to do the fight?
By Creecreelo 2016-04-06 10:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade Findings: Don't bother trying to enter during JP prime time.

This event desperately needs some kind of queue system. :(
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-06 10:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I dualboxed D dragon pretty easily as WAR+GEO+August+Apururu+Ulmia (Vex/Attunement, Koru died on pull). VD dragon was a little more difficult and eventually killed August, but it was still a pretty quick win as DNC+GEO+August+Apururu+Ulmia+Koru. VD Hit Rate probably caps around 1200 Acc.

I then did D Orcs as BLM+GEO+August/Koru/Ulmia/Apururu. The big boss killed August almost immediately and the whole experience was not fun (lots of kiting), but I did manage to win. Hardest part was killing the adds while kiting the main NM (he can be Grav/Bound but is pretty resistant). After they went down, it was just a matter of avoiding charm and wearing the main NM down. Overall not worth it compared to my melee dragon runs.

I didn't learn my lesson / was too lazy to change jobs and did a D Dragon run immediately afterwards as BLM+GEO+Trusts. It a huge pain in the *** compared to either of my melee runs, even when nuking the right elements. Someone else mentioned it, but nuke thunder after poison breath, blizzard after wind breath, and water after fire breath. Anyway, won there too but I'll just be using melee in the future.

I might stick to D Dragon for dualbox farming. VD dragon is winnable, but I need to use sushi or Acc gear and he has voidsong. D is just simpler.
[+]
By Avechu 2016-04-06 10:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Its virtually impossible to get in on Asura, hope the other quieter servers are having more luck.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-06 10:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Avechu said: »
Its virtually impossible to get in on Asura, hope the other quieter servers are having more luck.

The "Layer zone" instancing system SE has is known to be cross-server. It's not necessarily all servers, but 4 share an instance server. So if Asura is having issues, all the other servers in their cluster are also having issues.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-06 10:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

I might stick to D Dragon for dualbox farming. VD dragon is winnable, but I need to use sushi or Acc gear and he has voidsong. D is just simpler.

This what I decided as well, although I do it solo. It's just not worth the longer fight and the chance at wiping.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-06 10:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware, but it's still a waste of time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-06 10:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Avechu said: »

Got 1 and 1/2 capes finished yesterday . Able to do one VD dragon every ten minutes factoring time for fight, warping to Zi'tah and getting back to Mhaura. It was bad during JP prime time, but the rest of the time it was pretty much fine.

Why are people bothering to solo/dual box this? There is literally no advantage to soloing at all. It just takes up more instances, and the fights take longer unless you have a bunch of scrubs. Considering the number of times you have to do this, not spamming VD dragon(Or D/VD Orcs if you have a Bard) just feels like way more work than what it needs to be.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-06 12:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Because people tend to do things with their cliques and sometimes those cliques aren't online or are busy doing something else. Or sometimes I need to afk for bit after runs because I'm half-busy doing something else. I could grab some scrubs, but frankly I'd rather have trusts unless they directly ask me for my help.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2016-04-06 13:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »
Ambuscade Findings: Don't bother trying to enter during JP prime time.

This event desperately needs some kind of queue system. :(

don't bother trying to enter ever. even on medium population servers, everyone and their mother is trying to spam the event courtesy of the power of the rewards as well as the limited time nature of availability. one would have thought that after so many years SE would have planned for this, but then the handful of poor schmoes who work on this during their downtime working on XIV are likely overworked as it is.
By geigei 2016-04-06 13:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile as blu.

http://imgur.com/MDqxaRC
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 28 29 30