Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2016-02-19 19:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The Top 10 players on my server, based on an All round Skill or just Epicly strong on one class would be...

• Spirachub - Best BRD, WHM, SCH on the server.

• Fthis - The only DPS on Cerberus to beat me reliably before I got a Mythic. Never got to test after that.

• Taint (yes *** you Altima, he was not only Very Good, but also not a collosal *** and very modest about it, so he wins even if you did beat him, which screenshots or it I'll just state I beat you as a Melee BRD and you can't disprove it!!!)

• Maeldiar - Always up for something rather than AFKing in town like a zombie.

• Matthious - Great team player, good SCH, better DPS

• Doctorugh - The ***this guy pulled on COR and DNC was Stupid. his BLU sucked hard though (Suck It Doc!)

• Flaming-something - Good SCH, BLM and .... GEO?

It's hard to quantify what I class as a good player, some are not always the best, but made me enjoy playing with them which mattered more to me than if we killed something 5 seconds sooner.

and Of course!

My Old NNI Hit Squad where half the server gave us ***for "cheating" when 5 of us were on XBOX using XBOX chat and the only *** on PC was a SCH Lamp ***!

Good times.

@Kylos. If you ever tell people I'm helpful again I will force feed you Haggis.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2016-02-19 19:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph - Gotenzu.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-19 19:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
he was not only Very Good,but also not a collosal ***and very modest
Very good isn't the best and
I was modest before I met you. xD

I'll just state I beat you as a Melee BRD and you can't disprove it!!!)

Um.. I beat you with 1 hit.. and you had stoneskin and a body boost!

My Old NNI Hit Squad where half the server gave us ***for "cheating" when 5 of us were on XBOX using XBOX chat and the only *** on PC was a SCH Lamp ***!
Our group smoking NNI before the first brava wore off was epic as hell.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-02-19 20:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Alistarn, Governor, and the Photoshop Wars of 2006.
 Lakshmi.Minivict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2016-02-19 21:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Minidragon
Maury
Avesta
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2016-02-19 23:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

tbh
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-19 23:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syto
Server: Leviathan
user: Sessho
By Leviathan.Syto 2016-02-19 23:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Never Forget.. SE's Meteor (Salvage Bans 1.0) That Wiped out The Dinosaurs of HNM Era......

Long Live Nikir (The Ultimate Hitler) and Mercury(MercuryX) LS on Phoenix

I. Naraku the last remnant member of your Linkshell that survived the Meteor Strike.../salute those memories..

Remember and delve back to the Day this Youtube Video was made and went viral in his name..

I definitely put my votes in to those guys (except the brood leader Nikir) for one of the most hard working HNM LS in existence.

Dilias (Best Main PLD)
Legolas (Best Main PLD)
Kin (Great Leader)
Baudelaire (The Best SAM back in that era and all around player that inspired me to become an excelling SAM by heart even today)

They took over whichever planet (Servers) whenever they landed on with EU/JP/NA/UK Coverage of all HNMs 24/7 on any server. They took over my planet (Phoenix) when I was a young taru and took me in as a slave. I grew close to their members and still keep in touch with some of them today.

Nikir has since been lost and never showed his face after the Salvage Bans... The others are leading a top ranking LS in FFXIV Masamune server atm.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-02-20 01:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda sad I didn't see the name anywhere so far, but...

Archain. Don't even remember their server. They were by far the best THF in the original days of FFXI, was always extremely helpful, nice, and settled debates with numbers/SS's. Put up numbers I could only dream of at the time.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-20 01:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaeko/Kanican's name should appear at least four times on any list of more than 10 people. It's amazing that s/he and friends had nailed the numbers so precisely.

FFXI has the best enmity system of any MMO (most are just linear increases, and taunts command the boss to hate you most) and I loved to watch it work but it's amazing to me that they could see that there were two types of enmity and all the work that it took to math out.

And Enmity wasn't even close to the only thing they did.

The old windower team, the new windower team. Especially for improving the game without trying to break the game. It wasn't about fleehacking, it was about a game that broadcasts tp to every member of an alliance should show that tp to every member of the alliance. Waiting for your sc-partner's Ready Macro was stupid.

---

I think that's really what it has to boil down to. The users who have contributed to more than just their own gear. The people with thousands of additions/edits on either wiki. The people that researched. The people that learned weaknesses and shared the secret rather than hoarding it.

Defining the best performance of a [role] may be misleading. Maybe the Best Paladin Ever, was only Really Good but had a very attentive WHM behind him or her.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2016-02-20 04:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cyleena said: »
Asura.Tamoa said: »
Ironguy/Iarumas for being the most dedicated and outstanding sam I've ever played with.

Kryshna for being the best brd I've ever played with and one of the very few whms I trust to do their job. On top of that, also one of the nicest people I've met in this game.

Demetrios (shellholder of Nirvana on Pandemonium) for being pretty much the best pld I've seen in action.

Moody - badass blm!

Renzy for being good at all the jobs he played - and such a great person.

Dajociont, best war.

There's a LOT of other people that I consider good players too, but these are the ones that stand out to me and that I've actually played with at some point.

Ohhhh Tamoa you left Sano out of the list but included Moody. Someone going to get jealous! :P

Heh, you know, I feel like I can edit that list over and over and it would never be just right. I mean, I know Sano is a great cor, and we've done a lot of stuff in game together but he was very rarely on cor, you know?

A list like this is almost impossible to put together. There's the old era XI and the new era XI, what required skill back in 2009 isn't the same that required skill today, and almost anything can be soloed. There are people I know that are good players, but I haven't really done enough in game with them or known them long enough to actually witness it first hand. There are lots of people I think very highly of (you included), and I actually somewhat regret posting in this thread now, lol. It's impossible to make the list right without making it a very long list. :/
[+]
 Asura.Kayren
user: Hjui
By Asura.Kayren 2016-02-20 04:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lemming of Valefor was one of the most interesting and skillful players I ever did meet. Also a great friend. We had some good times. Check out some of his Ninja solo videos via the link below.

https://m.youtube.com/user/MintTea42

He left me his account to safeguard.
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXIV
user: dezaar
By Divine Judgement 2016-02-20 07:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SKEERO ODIN!

Best Dude ever
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2016-02-20 07:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

*** Conagh. I will never vote Conagh ever hes too french to garner my vote. Though that tarutaru from Hades/Midgard Disturbedmidget was pretty good =D I hear as was the entire linkshell ParadiseOblivien > Scrubs. People would never agree on a list, its way too biased and the choices are always going to be too personal.

It is a funny conversation to read through though. What Lei(Midgard) and Kalista(Hades?) for how rich they were? RMT or not, they had all the HQs long before anyone else even had the abj.
By Ramyrez 2016-02-20 08:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jdeep said: »
Muteki - Seraph

I suppose a BtL nomination wouldn't be appropriate without the guy who made the shell.

Lhexh was a major contributor when it came to leading the shell too, especially from the NA side.
By Gaugen 2016-02-20 08:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol. This is a pure popularity contest.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-02-20 08:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaugen said: »
Lol. This is a pure popularity contest.

Which is why I've been super hesitant to put forth any names. Of the people named who were 1) good players 2) helpful to the community 3) known across more than one server and 4) not ***...

The only name I've seen and can confirm as accurate in this is Rukenshin.

There may be others, but he's the only one I can actually confirm. And even he had too much of a fanboy following to fairly gauge in some ways.

Edit: And I know enought to scoff alongside Floppy every time someone mentions Avesta.
 Asura.Vaynn
user: VleraPR
By Asura.Vaynn 2016-02-20 09:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Why be hesitant at all to comment? Half the thread is all about posting ideas of people they personally knew or liked to throw ideas at me, the other half seems to either not get the core objective of this or simply look way too far into it.

Personally i can easily say who ive learned from over the years but otherwise i'm standing from a complete non-biased point of view when it comes to the list itself. I welcome any and all ideas though! it's cool to see atleast one small portion of the community get together on touchy subjects and i'll hand it to you guys outside of Avesta being disliked [Good Old NA/JP Rivalry!] the thread is sustaining itself pretty well ide say.

I remember pixies too well being originally from Ramuh [Vlera] incase any old Ramuh heads see this. Wonder if Empire is still around too, would be interesting to speak with them again.

Anyways More suggestions people! And if anyone from the following LS's see this ide like to ask you guys some questions if possible
Eminence Of Lakshmi
Apathy Of Remora
Mercury Of Phoenix

Thanks Again For Your Time Everyone! First 10 people have been finalized. 30 more to figure out.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-20 11:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vaynn said: »
Why be hesitant at all to comment? Half the thread is all about posting ideas of people they personally knew or liked to throw ideas at me, the other half seems to either not get the core objective of this or simply look way too far into it.

You misunderstood. As another poster who is also hesitant to name anyone, I got your objective. I just think this thread promotes elitism, pissing contest, solo superstar and trash talking, which is against my value of good player in ffxi to begin with.

Just look at how many "X Player suck" comments in this thread, you'd know what I meant by promoting trash talk and elitism.

Also when we talk about good players, players with strong solo video tends to stand out due to the "wow" impression solo video often gives, that's why so many solo video owners are being mentioned. Here is one example to demonstrate how solo ability always gives the viewer strong "wow" impression: I've received several "awesome" or "pretty crazy" comment every time I soloed an NM in this game, even on easy solos that doesn't require much skill . I have never receive the same comment when I "do my job" in the pt that helps everyone, which is too keep everyone hasted, cured, buffed, keep NM debuff up, make decisions on what buffs and play style to use, and communicate with the party to deal with any issues that we may face. Since FFXI is an MMO, wouldn't ability to play as a team better skill than solo skills? But solo skills just gets an unfair "wow" impression and being praised all the time, while the ability to keep the pt working as smoothly as possible gets ignored. Basically it's like promoting anti team work.

Then again, it's your thread, not like I can interfere how you wanna do it. I'm all for promoting helpful players to the community, it's just that I think thread like this isn't anywhere close to create a better community, more like the other way around. And I think you should think twice about how you do it and how it will affect the community. It may not be as positive as you think.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-02-20 12:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Jigoku of Odin is a really, really good RDM ^^
He can out-DD anyone on RDM. hehe ^^;
[+]
 Odin.Taberif
Server: Odin
user: Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2016-02-20 12:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Best I've played with skill-wise on Asura/Quetz/Midgard/Leviathan/Ragnarok.
no particular order

Coder(Quetz)
Elysien(Quetz)
Dazusu(Leviathan)
Ahou(Levi/Quetz)
Warusha(Quetz)
Dazusu(Leviathan)
Warmachineprime(Odin)
Llewelyn(Odin)
--------(Asura) no love lol
Avesta because yeah its Avesta

looking at random top 200ranked theres alotttt of people ive played with but none of them worth mentioning if this is a skill ranking and not popularity/mythic collector ranking
 Carbuncle.Rasalgethi
Server: Carbuncle
user: Hercule
By Carbuncle.Rasalgethi 2016-02-20 12:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked this guy on Killing Ifrit forum, during 75 era, it was fun cause he was always alone against everyone in thread discutions, and resisted pretty well, I respeted that :p

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Midgardsormr/Madawc
[+]
 Odin.Taberif
Server: Odin
user: Taberif
By Odin.Taberif 2016-02-20 12:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

lol mada use to be in my ls on midgard
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19