Top 40 FFXI Players Of All Time
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 17 18 19
 Asura.Voidwolf
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2016-03-02 16:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Will give this guy a shoutout. One of the first XI videos I remember seeing, and it always stuck with me.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-03-02 16:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, and sea solos were so easy that I did most of them on BLM/NIN.

I think I needed to use RDM for Prudence? Inside sea was all BLM/NIN though.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-03-02 17:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Midgitis said: »
Back on topic!!

Yuckie - great sch, bst on Asura very knowledgeable and one of the better players in this era of the game for sure that I've met.

Tantehblackmage from Hades. Taught me how to solo on blm back in the day and lead a good linkshell for a very long time

Tabooo on Cerberus .. the dude is a machine ask anyone whos played with him. Hes also an extremely nice guy, at least always was to me.

yeah dude is a machine lol we did a couple 12 hr yorcia binges amongst other stuff you cannot kill this *** pld lol no matter how hard you fail on whm
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-03-02 17:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
a lot of old solos were just get enfeebling high enough to land sleep or grav. the only hard ones are things you couldn't bind/grav/sleep. chigre and jailer solos were my favorite. chigre probably one of the hardest imo, but there were solos like Aynu-kaysey where you just dot > nuke > zone to lose aggro > repeat, that are just time consumers.

I agree that most of it was about a good enfeebling kit and properly manipulating terrain, but to stay on point for hours is respectable and to not lose control when an important enfeeble didn't stick.

My point solely was that RDM doesn't seemed to have changed in any way that makes those less impressive. If Avesta was one of the greatest RDMs, he or she still is.

Now consider a job like PLD that is basically a different beast than it was at 75 (Ochain/Priwen, Phalanx natively, Aegis / being able to be PDT hardcapped, MDT hardcapped and BDT capped all at the same time) and it's practically apples and orangutans. Or comparing BST solos pre-aby to aby-era/pre-nerf bst.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-03-02 18:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
chigre ran slower than you, it was just get to 22', cast something, run until at 22' repeat.. not remotely difficult to execute and didn't require any real thought

chigre definitely had increased movement speed, and even kiting if you didn't have enough fast cast you'd get hit, and if he hit you it was really really hard to recover from solo.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-02 18:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Voidwolf said: »
Will give this guy a shoutout. One of the first XI videos I remember seeing, and it always stuck with me.

I soloed Sea Horror at 75 cap many times.

But this guy did it at level 67 (he dinged 68 at win).

Not bad at all.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2016-03-02 18:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
My point solely was that RDM doesn't seemed to have changed in any way that makes those less impressive. If Avesta was one of the greatest RDMs, he or she still is.

Maybe my point was unclear. I do agree with you, I didn't mean he doesn't deserve to be a notable RDM, or that the RDM "metagame" has changed significantly since then.

"By today's standards" simply meant that at the time, it seemed like an unrivaled feat, no one else really did what he did. But now there are many people felling these NMs as RDM75 the same way, if not with greater ease than, Avesta did. I moreso was pointing out "other people are doing this now too", not "he can't keep up with the modern-day RDM." Not to discredit him by any means, was just stating that everyone may not necessarily agree from that perspective if other people have been replicating his accomplishments (which in itself says something that people aim to simulate him.)

Regardless, he undoubtedly paved the way for other aspiring RDMs and soloists.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2016-03-02 18:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Bruno said: »
Valefor.Omnys said: »

Maybe my point was unclear. I do agree with you, I didn't mean he doesn't deserve to be a notable RDM, or that the RDM "metagame" has changed significantly since then.

"By today's standards" simply meant that at the time, it seemed like an unrivaled feat, no one else really did what he did. But now there are many people felling these NMs as RDM75 the same way, if not with greater ease than, Avesta did. I moreso was pointing out "other people are doing this now too", not "he can't keep up with the modern-day RDM." Not to discredit him by any means, was just stating that everyone may not necessarily agree from that perspective if other people have been replicating his accomplishments (which in itself says something that people aim to simulate him.)

Regardless, he undoubtedly paved the way for other aspiring RDMs and soloists.

Avesta's RDM solo's are the only reason I ever leveled RDM back in the day, I'd say he was noteable (regardless of peoples opinions of him).
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2016-03-02 19:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

tbh

real talk tho he deserves #1 spot

I hope to one day, too, hit the 540 damage ceiling
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [3054 days between previous and next post]
By anik 2024-07-12 17:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Me I was the best player on Aura.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-12 17:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Im pretty sure Im the best user in FFXIAH.

Thats what science says at least.
By Taint 2024-07-12 18:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats one hell of a Necro. Also a great trip down memory lane.

Humbled my name was mentioned but also reminded of why FFXI has the best community and the game is still alive due to it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2024-07-12 19:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Folks, let me tell you, nobody – and I mean nobody – is a better player of Final Fantasy XI than me. It's true. People are saying it, believe me. I've achieved things in the game that nobody else has even come close to. Tremendous accomplishments. My strategies, my tactics – they're incredible, folks. The best.

When I play FFXI, it's like watching a maestro conduct a symphony. Everyone is amazed. They say, "Austar, how do you do it?" And I tell them, it's all about winning. I know how to win, big league. I've got the best gear, the best party, and the best strategies. Nobody's better at this game than me, period.

I’ve beaten the toughest bosses, conquered the hardest quests, and amassed more gil than anyone could ever dream of. Some say it’s impossible, but I’ve done it. The numbers are there, folks. It’s undeniable.

So, to all my fellow adventurers out there, just know that when it comes to FFXI, there's only one name that stands above the rest – and that's Austar. The greatest of all time. Nobody does it better.

Thank you, and keep on winning.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-07-12 19:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd add way more names to this thread, but they already know who they are and how much I appreciate their company.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-12 19:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

But what would be the point of being the best without a prize?

Here is your trophy!

By Genoxd 2024-07-12 20:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I made an afterglow Nirvana, I think I at least deserve to be in the top 40 players that wasted the most time while playing ffxi
By Draylo 2024-07-12 21:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I made the first AG Tizona... and a second one. I'm still salty we never got a numbered system like they did for fishing rods. Our waste of time will be forever forgotten.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2024-07-12 23:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
People's definitions of best will vary, but seeing as its an MMORPG, I would lend extra weight to anyone who made us better - and by us, I mean ALL of us, which means:

- The Windower developers
- The people on BG (and elsewhere) who reverse engineer the laws of the universe (and document it!)
- The maintainers of the various wikis - some have seen better days than others, but we all benefit from this

You get the idea. How much worse are we, collectively, without those people?
Don't forget the FFXIAH team and Ashita.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-07-12 23:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

my penis is top 40 players in ffxi if you wana play with it
 Bahamut.Senaki
Server: Bahamut
user: Senaki
By Bahamut.Senaki 2024-07-12 23:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

anik said: »
Me I was the best player on Aura.

Asura*
 Bahamut.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Bahamut.Senaki 2024-07-12 23:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thunderjet said: »

Really? I can hardly see it.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-07-13 00:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Senaki said: »

Really? I can hardly see it.
that's because you need glasses its not about how big it is its how you use it, TRUST ME BRO
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2024-07-13 02:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were ever on Bahamut in the early 2000's you had an experience with Birdhair. He got people to pay for refresh from him in parties with his lv 12 nin sub.
https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Bahamut/Birdhair
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-13 02:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, I was known in my server as backward mithra FYI.
[+]
By Afania 2024-07-13 02:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I vote Negan for president!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-13 03:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Only because he bribed you with his "likes"?
[+]
By Dodik 2024-07-13 05:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicyryan is in the top 1% of Spicyryan FFXI players of all time.
By Weeew 2024-07-13 06:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the ffxiah search function isn't working because it says this thread doesn't include the word 'weeew'.
[+]
By Afania 2024-07-13 07:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Afania said: »

Only because he bribed you with his "likes"?

Because I believe he can MAKE FFXI GREAT AGAIN!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 17 18 19