11/13/2015 Paris Terrorist Attack

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » 11/13/2015 Paris Terrorist Attack
11/13/2015 Paris Terrorist Attack
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-11-16 15:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
Nope, unless you live in myanmar for some reason.

I wonder what it is about Burma that would initiate any kind of outward acts of force from something that is mostly established inward as individuals reaching enlightenment.

Enlightenment is really just about reaching your "next level" as a person
Levels are obtained through experience points
Experience points are obtained through violence

It's all so simple when you think about it
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-11-16 15:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
Nope, unless you live in myanmar for some reason.

I wonder what it is about Burma that would initiate any kind of outward acts of force from something that is mostly established inward as individuals reaching enlightenment.

Enlightenment is really just about reaching your "next level" as a person
Levels are obtained through experience points
Experience points are obtained through violence

It's all so simple when you think about it

Yikes, a RL JRPG. That's kinda scary. I bet they barge into people's unlocked homes to strike up random conversations too!

@Seha: I lol'd verily.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-16 15:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet they barge into people's unlocked homes to strike up random conversations too!
That's Jehovah's.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-16 15:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
As Maher puts it, Christianity did go through its own 'Renaissances' where they got over things like selling your daughter into slavery or when to slip in abortion substances into your wife's food (look it up, it's in there), something that's condoned by the bible. The problem is that Islam has not, and it's not something people seem to want to acknowledge out of fear of being lumped in with xenophobes. We turn on the TV and get horrified whenever we see Al Qaeda/ISIS beheads someone and we call them evil and barbaric. Well, our 'ally' Saudi Arabi does it all the bloody time and no one seems to care. The difference/reason is because we're told we're allowed to be horrified at the actions of specific terrorist while we need to respect other cultures.

I've said that very thing before re: Islam is just a younger religion and is going through something Christianity went through several hundred years ago.

But at the same time, I'm just saying the source material in both religions is...shitty, frankly, in my secular opinion.

They're both the basis for societal controls that we've outgrown but continue to cling to because it's comforting. Like an adult who still believes in Santa. (inb4 "what do you mean there's no Santa" jokes.)

On the flip side, it's also why I'm absolutely against trying to force people away from religion. If people don't come to the realization themselves that they don't need it, it's meaningless to try to take it away, much like converting at sword point is pretty unlikely to get true believers.

But hey. This is just my internet opinion. IRL I'm all like:
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-11-16 15:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Personally if Alan Rickman came to me with a request I would do his bidding too.

[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-16 15:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually how I feel about terrorists, expressed perfectly by Alan Rickman.

[+]
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-11-16 15:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
There are only 3 things that make no sense (in a way): 3 of the terrorist blew themselves without killing anyone but themselves. We will never know why, I guess, but this is the only thing you can take as "why?".
I guess not all of them proved to be so evil in the end. Just caught up in the wrong group of ppl at the wrong time.
Quote:
Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Annihilating everyone is never a solution. How can that ever be in the first place? I personally think it's not a doing of a particular religion nor country, but something else/bigger.
The problem is that "something else/bigger" is so vague that you'll have people jump on Islam, jump on Arabs and so on. Need to pinpoint it so that Muslims/Arabs worldwide aren't victim of even more racism.
From what I've seen. Other than the fact Muhammad was a Dictator whom killed many men and forced others to either convert to Islam or die or pay the jizya tax.... Most of what Muhammad created has remained the same over the centuries. A system that shackles the masses into a brainwashed cult of following orders and submitting to the will of ppl above them. I'm not bashing Islam at all tho. Infact I see all religions, particularly those forced upon you by others, as poison. The Mideast, you can watch vids on how it's damn near impossible for anyone living there to leave religion behind or be a free minded thinking individual without severe consequences. It's all brainwashed fear. Crowd control.
Quote:
My neighbors who are perfectly respectable people have had their head facing the ground ever since those attacks happened. The Muslim/Arab part of my neighborhood has had its shops closed and none of the usual people who happily talk on the benches were out.

The actual impact of such terrorism goes beyond killing 100+ people.
Whatever. Welcome to the world of Freedom of Religion. Nothing to be ashamed of unless you are either sympathetic or involved in such plots. You're either good or evil. Hanging your head in shame over someone else's errors either makes you pathetic or guilty or possibly both. You either stand against killing innocent civilians or you don't. Its that simple.....
By Ramyrez 2015-11-16 15:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I bet they barge into people's unlocked homes to strike up random conversations too!
That's Jehovah's.

Oh. Wait...
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-11-16 17:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
That's Jehovah's.

Oh. Wait...
Don't be late to the Reunion.

Mother will be waiting!
[+]
By charlo999 2015-11-17 07:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That was deleted when my point was to attack the Quran and the Hadiths?
Where is the equality here? I see bible condenment all the time with many posters here.
It's a shame when pride in political correctness overcomes equality and free speech in researching matters as desperately important as this.
The problem here is that society seems to think Islamic text is fine and it's the extremists that are the menace. Hurting the moderate Muslims.
The truth is that the Islamic texts are the menace and there are Muslims who follow it loosely because of an inner moral compass. These moderate Muslims are in fact pick and choosing what they want to follow to align with their own morals. They aren't true Islamists, thank god. But it gives the impression Islam is peaceful.
The extremists are the true Islamists if you take the time to read the text. This is the wake up call needed.
Another problem is that as sharia law gains more hold there is a danger the moderate Muslim will become more faithful to the text through fear and persuasion as they are already grounded. Especially if some apocalyptic things are for filled.
Islam is pushed on children instantly within family's with apostasy punishable as we've seen. So looking outside of it to hold a better world understanding of equality and choice is minimised.
The Quran is also deceptive to read as it has a clause that states any passages that contradict the later one must be upheld. Also lying is acceptable if it helps the advancement of Islam.
All the other stuff I mentioned is not my interpretation, it's what's written. The Islamic text is not like the bible where parables, symbology, parallels and writing styles give different meanings. It is basic commands.
It is insulting to compare to the bible for anyone who has done the research. Being Christian means following Christ and his teachings. So how could you accuse the teachings of Christ on any historic evil? They simply were Christians by name. The bible teaches to judge by the fruits and not by appearance.
Whereas Islam teaching is shown by the fruits here if you bother to read.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-17 07:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah we get it you think only your religion is holy and all others are bad.

You know someone is full of it when they keep repeating "people need to wake up!"
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-17 08:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Seha is going to look so cute in a burkha 10 years from now.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-17 08:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignorant? You blame the United States for an Islamic civil war that's been going on for over a thousand years.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-17 08:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's too difficult to foresee. Most people are basically good people that just want to go about living their lives. They aren't believers, certainly not to the extent of being willing to die for their beliefs. They aren't soldiers. They are not united.

It will be easy for a relative few to beat them into submission.

Then there's also half of the population that is too politically correct to even identify the enemy for fear they will be accused of thinking all Muslims are bad.

Combine that with the fact that it is just a very complicated fight to begin with. It's an ideology. They don't look a certain way. They blend in. We do our best to not judge, to not profile, to not trample on the rights of free people.

Italy has no chance.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-17 08:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Italy has no chance.
What a joke.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 08:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seha is going to look so cute in a burkha 10 years from now.

Actually, she probably would look cute in a burkha if she chose to wear one.

Because see, religious garb worn by choice is fine.

It's religious beliefs forced upon you which are the problem. And the hypocrisy by some Christians in the U.S. -- and I must emphasize that it's only a vocal minority, not even close to all or even a simple majority -- is absolutely staggering.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 08:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignorant? You blame the United States for an Islamic civil war that's been going on for over a thousand years.

We didn't cause it, but we've certainly influenced the creation or methodology of factions within. And both big U.S. parties have had presidents guilty of enabling and/or alienating, thereby motivating, said factions.

I'm not saying the U.S. hasn't intervened with the best intentions, because we certainly have.

I'm just saying our desired effect has not always been achieved.
By charlo999 2015-11-17 08:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

this is the most important information you will ever learn about Islam.
The Quran plays out like the side by side wishes of Muhammad during his conquests.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ERou_Q5l9Gw

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 08:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's too difficult to foresee. Most people are basically good people that just want to go about living their lives. They aren't believers, certainly not to the extent of being willing to die for their beliefs. They aren't soldiers. They are not united.

It will be easy for a relative few to beat them into submission.

You may be right.

Look at the way the radical Christian right is able to bully the majority of conservatives in our own country and whip them into a frothing rage determined to take away personal freedoms under the guise of expressing their own personal freedoms.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 08:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
The Quran plays out like the side by side wishes of Muhammad during his conquests.

Seriously.

Have you read the more antiquated parts of the Bible?

The problem here isn't that you're precisely wrong, it's that you're willing to look past all the problems with your own flawed theology whilst attacking someone else's.

That's not how freedom of religion works.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-17 09:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You cannot even discuss radical Islam. This is why the civilized world loses.

You cannot mention anything negative about radical Islam without also going into a 30 minute discussion about everything that's ever been wrong with Christianity, just to be fair.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-17 09:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Italy has no chance.
What a joke.

Just remember I think Mecca is Southeast-ish of where you live but I am sure someone will be there to point you in the right direction.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 09:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You cannot even discuss radical Islam. This is why the civilized world loses.

You cannot mention anything negative about radical Islam without also going into a 30 minute discussion about everything that's ever been wrong with Christianity, just to be fair.

No, I agree that radical Islamic terrorists are a major problem in the world and I am more than ready to decry them, discuss them, insult them, make fun of their god, and generally treat them like the walking pieces of garbage that they are and represent all while finding a way to rid the globe of their taint as long as it doesn't involve hurting innocents in the process.

What I am not willing to do is listen to people who are ardent Christian moralists tell me about how one radical set of beliefs is wrong, but theirs is just great and not at all the same even though the only difference is the degree to which they're willing to go to force their beliefs on others.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-11-17 09:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So we can just hear about how great your beliefs are then and how everyone else is dumb.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-17 09:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So we can just hear about how great your beliefs are then and how everyone else is dumb.
You must be talking about Charlo.

And fyi to all the idiocy you spewed about me earlier, I'd rather die.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-17 09:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My beliefs? I have no beliefs that are not rooted in fact. Beyond that, I have only doubt and questions and a hope of learning more.

The problem is people who are willing to force their opinions on others, be that by legislation or by gunpoint.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-17 09:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »
Also lying is acceptable if it helps the advancement of Islam

I'm pretty sure this refers to the fact that they can lie about their religion if they're in danger of losing their lives or being tortured (I think it's called taqiya or something), any persecution basically. Outwardly they can pretend to not be muslim but inwardly they should still be one.

If you're referring to something else then please specify what
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14