11/13/2015 Paris Terrorist Attack

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » 11/13/2015 Paris Terrorist Attack
11/13/2015 Paris Terrorist Attack
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14
By Yatenkou 2015-11-13 18:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

News is coming in, at least 60 people dead, apparently a small group of terrorists opened fire at a concert, I'm not sure what is going on, but here's a link to what I am watching...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/index.html
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-13 18:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't get it... Why kill innocent people?
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2015-11-13 18:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Because some people have low self esteem and get corrupted by twisted old fools with deep-seated insecurity who cling to extremist religion like a comfort blanket because they are afraid of the dark.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-11-13 18:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes bad things happen to good people.
 Siren.Clinpachii
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-11-13 18:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

I ask internally ask myself constantly why everyone treats each other so badly. Half the time I hold the door open for people, they don't even say thanks anymore. I know that seems like a trivial point to bring up, but is it really so trivial when we can't even have conversation or give thanks for even the most simple things in life?

I love traveling and meeting new people but the world scares me sometimes. My mother actually has full blown agoraphobia. I don't blame her.
By Pantafernando 2015-11-13 18:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Because cowardice. Terrorist just can kill people when they are powerless, tied and surrendered.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-13 18:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ongoing or recent news, it's fine to have a new thread. Undeleted OP so thread is relevant.

This is also being discussed in Random P&R.
 leo
By leo 2015-11-13 18:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering this earlier as I heard the newsflash:

It's not unlikely they had this crap setup for that COP21 event which is due next 30th and "DAESH"/"ISIS" gave an order for the attack to be executed tonight because USA and England got that "Jihad John" person "culled" in a drone attack earlier today...
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-13 18:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

leo said: »

It's not unlikely they had this crap setup for that COP21 event which is due next 30th and "DAESH"/"ISIS" gave an order for the attack to be executed tonight because USA and England got that "Jihad John" person "culled" in a drone attack earlier today...
I heard they killed him but I didn't really think about the possibility of this being in response.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-11-13 18:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

While it won't be to anyone's surprise, has IS claimed responsibility for the attacks yet?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-13 19:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Saying 118 in the concert hall and 40-60 in other places
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-13 19:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
While it won't be to anyone's surprise, has IS claimed responsibility for the attacks yet?

Not that I'm aware of. Reports claim one of the terrorists identified themselves as ISIS, but other sources are saying it might be Al Qaeda.

As always, speculation could lead to further problems.
 leo
By leo 2015-11-13 19:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I believe this was setup for the COP21 event which will have a lot of authorities in the city for a week long period.

It's extremely worrisome for France that it has close ties to a lot of Muslim countries which were all former colonies.

There's a lot of hatred on those countries against their former dominator and unfortunately that's how radicals get those people to help them...

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Hades.Altimaomega
Server: Hades
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-13 19:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »

It cannot be ISIS, Obama said this morning on the news that they are contained and no longer a threat.

Please tell me you are not that naive.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2015-11-13 19:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Altimaomega said: »
It cannot be ISIS, Obama said this morning on the news that they are contained and no longer a threat.
I wish I could believe that, when you have people who fought in Syria and have been exposed to that ideology, there's no real way to properly contain it...

Don't turn this into a ***storm Alti, I respect you as a person outside of this forum, but do not try and talk down when everyone around the world is feeling the pain of these attacks.

It's naive, but there has to be a way to end this once and for all.
 Shiva.Jiyou
Server: Shiva
user: Jiyou
By Shiva.Jiyou 2015-11-13 19:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Reports being made that ISIS has claimed responsability for the attacks. Also seen that the attackers where french people trained in Syria, which makes this much more dangerous. Also in all honesty i dont think Jihadist John supposed killing has anything to do with it, this attack required a lot of planning, or so it seems at least. I'd lean more on the the date, Friday 13th are supposedly considered lucky days in French culture. (Or so i've heard).

#PrayForParis #PrayForTheWorld
[+]
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-13 19:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yatenkou said: »
but there has to be a way to end this once and for all.

Only one way this will ever end.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-11-13 19:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
leo said: »

I heard they killed him but I didn't really think about the possibility of this being in response.

The news was just today that he was likely killed. Attacks take planning and coordination. It likely has 0 to do with anything recent like their spokesperson and everything to do with ideology.

The biggest loser in this are the refugees and those from the Middle East living in France.

Considering some of the nationalistic sentiments that have popped up through out Europe in the past half-year, I don't think it's only the legitimate refugees in France that should be on edge after tonight.

I wonder what the response will be.

I still wonder what Putin's response will be to the civilian airliner that was taken down.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-13 19:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
I still wonder what Putin's response will be to the civilian airliner that was taken down.
Again?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-11-13 19:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Again?

I guess what I should say is, I wonder if this will create a more aggressive approach in the ME and galvanize Russia, the EU and the US into action.

EDIT: The fear might be more innocent, civilian casualties.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-11-13 20:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Evil exists.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-13 20:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a matter of naivety, I know why they do it, I just don't understand it. The drive to murder countless people with malice who have done you no wrong is not something I'd expect a healthy person to be able to fully comprehend.

Back on topic: I'm hearing a ton of variance in the lives lost. Anywhere from 100-200. Why are news outlets reporting numbers that are unconfirmed?

Also, apparently Facebook has a registry feature for people traveling abroad to report their status to family in events like this. If anyone has relatives or friends in Paris right now, that might be worth checking before you have a breakdown.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-11-13 20:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen this kind of ***since 1995 and the creation of the "Plan vigipirate".

I wonder why they didn't just suicide bomb during peak hours. They'd have gotten more kills and would have had a bigger impact.
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-13 20:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

security is most likely tighter as well...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-11-13 21:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

11/13/15 is an interesting sequence but I think this is probably more related to Jihadi John getting smoked than anything else.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-13 21:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
11/13/15 is an interesting sequence but I think this is probably more related to Jihadi John getting smoked than anything else.

Going with the attack today, maybe, but you don't just wake up one day, acquire explosives and assault weapons, and attack a populated area. They had been preparing for something since before he was killed.

I seriously hope that he is, in fact, dead. Especially if the savagery in Paris is at all related to the reports of his death.
 Hades.Altimaomega
By Hades.Altimaomega 2015-11-13 21:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

11/13/15
Is Friday the 13th.

Considered lucky in France.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-11-13 21:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Nah, this was a well planned attack, it certainly took more than 24 hours to put it together, and its not a coincidence they hit a major concert on a specific day. I'm sure the killing of that guy provided extra motivation, if they even knew about it, but I don't think it was a response to it. Its really, really sad that the French couldn't intercept such a well coordinated plot, this is the second major incident there, I think the terrorists have discovered an easy target.
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14