So You Wanna Tank On PUP?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » So you wanna tank on PUP?
So you wanna tank on PUP?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 20
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-18 22:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

After nine tries I managed to finally get DT5% on these. This makes them a SIGNIFICANTLY better option for PUP tanking over trying to get DT5% of Skirmish H2H.

Possibly easier to obtain (though still at the mercy of the RNG), but how are they better than Ohrmazd that can get the exact same pet DT-5% PLUS two other augments (e.g. mine with pet Acc+20something and STR/DEX/VIT+15)?

For that matter, I'd prob recommend Midnights D to people who don't want to bother with Ohrmazd augs. A little less pet DT, but the acc/atk, maneuver attribute +2 effect, and reduced overload are a pretty nice mix. As escha weapons go, fairly easy to get too since they drop from a fairly popular mob (thanks to carmine legs abj). And zero random hassle after you get it, just toss the lixir at them.

I've never, ever seen regular DT-5%. I've only ever seen DT-4%, and that's on my offhand axe for Beastmaster. I've used more +2 leaforb stones than I can count. While you could argue that MAYBE the 25 defense is use, or the magic evasion, it's not really going to matter. The other augments are irrelevant for tanking. As for Midnights, they're great for macroing or as your DDing H2H.

Oberon's took me about an hour. I had someone in my LS making them for me, but they really aren't hard to make. While it took 9 tries to get DT 5%, it only took an hour, accounting for running between the NPCs to trade in a new weapon. Aside from that, I got DT 3% several times, and DT4% twice. It's a pretty common augment. The extreme ease of getting and augmenting the weapon is I why I feel they are a significantly better option. They're available to anyone, and you can do all of it solo.

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
Midnights are 200% better

midnights and Denouements are my to go Weapons for pup

Midnight's aren't better, they're worse. DT is the only meaningful stat on them as far as tanking goes. If you need DT, you're not going to hit whatever you are fighting. If you already have them, sure. Use'em. It's only a difference of 2% DT. The VAST majority of you aren't going to try to tank Sky Gods V2 anyway, and that's the only time I've REALLY had to work on my DT gear. That and speed running higher floors in Yorcia Skirmish. But if you want THE BEST tanking H2H, it's either Orhmazd or Oberon's.

Denouements are incredible weapons for PUP, no arguments there. Better for solo, less useful in a group where you are multistepping skillchains over and over, since you're ideally going to need pet haste on your weapon. Unless you're doing fodder, in which case Denouements are probably the best, aside from AM3 Kenkonken's.
 Shiva.Rickis
Server: Shiva
user: Rickis
By Shiva.Rickis 2015-10-19 02:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tru, what attachments you are using on avators?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-10-19 12:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

After nine tries I managed to finally get DT5% on these. This makes them a SIGNIFICANTLY better option for PUP tanking over trying to get DT5% of Skirmish H2H.

The thing about Midnights, or Ohrmazd, is that you can get useful augments on these for situations other than just pure tanking. ATK, ACC, or TP bonus are all useful, or the ATK/ACC on Midnights. Oberon's have 2 more DT but otherwise they offer nothing, and PUP has access to pet DT gear in other slots. I don't think I'll waste an inventory slot on them.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-19 17:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i disgree with you but you play diff then me i tend to hybrid DT with pet Acc so for me midnight are alot better plus the -overload rate and the manuvers +2 make mine alot better for me
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Flyingsquirrel 2015-10-20 05:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i disgree with you but you play diff then me i tend to hybrid DT with pet Acc so for me midnight are alot better plus the -overload rate and the manuvers +2 make mine alot better for me

I think it would depend on the situation, but for back lining where you can switch out h2h without fear of tp loss, any career pup should have a little of everything. Inventory space is always a problem, but I'd recommend this over carrying an evasion set or fast cast set or something like that.

Capping dt- with gear allows for more room for attachments and maneuvers in the long run, and getting dt-5 on these h2h is probably easier and cheaper then most taeon, midnights, and orhmzad (sp) augments.
[+]
 Shiva.Chumm
user: ithorien
By Shiva.Chumm 2015-10-20 05:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a very interesting guide but apostrophes are not your friend.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-20 06:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

midnights no but everything else yes

i farmed my lixers with Cping so didnt cost me anything
path D gives you 3% so that 2% just isnt enough for me to bother with once i get Rao and DT earing NQ ill have more then enough

what is the actual cap anyway? if there is one
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-20 07:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

what is the actual cap anyway? if there is one

87.5%

PDT is very easy to hit, MDT is impossible to hit.

Valoredge can get 59%, Harlequin can hit 77%. Magic damage is what is going to kill you 90% of the time. The other 10% is Doom or Death of some other *** there is no way to remove.

As I have said before, you probably won't need that much DT until you decide to do something difficult, like Byakko or Suzaku. Unless you don't have 1200jp, in which case you need a good deal more DT.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-20 19:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

man gettin Rao made sucks lol only the -1 works on the old cursed Kote? not the NQ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-20 21:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

man gettin Rao made sucks lol only the -1 works on the old cursed Kote? not the NQ?

You mean the -1 recipe? Yeah, you have to use the "expensive" one for nq cursed. But it's not expensive. Do a few delves to farm up your boles, worm can be soloed for specters, eschite ore aren't too expensive either.
By darthmaull 2015-10-20 22:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm just back lining and using the auto to tank I use Oxy with -11 physical damage. That's the best tanking h2h in the game.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-20 22:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

darthmaull said: »
If I'm just back lining and using the auto to tank I use Oxy with -11 physical damage. That's the best tanking h2h in the game.

No it isn't. PDT is incredibly easy to cap since Armor plate IV. Armor Plate 3 and 4 are giving you 45% pdt before ANYTHING else, throwing just optic fiber in will give you 49%, a single light maneuver takes it up to 53%. Stout Servant takes you up to 62%. You only need 25DT in gear to cap at this point. if you ONLY had DT in your armor (16 from Taeon, 10 from Anwig) you're capped and Oxy isn't doing anything at all for you. MDT, on the other hand, is impossible to cap. Physical damage also just isn't dangerous. Magic damage IS. Oxy was useful once upon a time, now not so much.

If whatever you are fighting only deals physical damage, it probably isn't dangerous enough to warrant using tanking armor. I was literally just doing 128 Borealis Shadow, holding three of the shadows while the rest of the party killed them. I just used DDing gear because they aren't dangerous.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-21 03:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

hahah Tried Bykko today without 1200 got slaughtered by the Nasty Enspell he has
 Bismarck.Rwolf
Server: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2015-10-21 10:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't started tanking on my PUP yet but looking forward to it to trying it out soon. I'm curious how much difference and what attachments would change given the enmity announcement for automatons.

Courtesy of BG Dev Tracker Thread:
"Automaton Enmity (10/20)

We have no plans on changing how the puppet uses its abilities, however we will be increasing the enmity+ from the attachment Strobe and Strobe II, as well as changing the Automaton's Provoke and Flash abilities so that they provide the same amount of enmity as the player versions."
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-21 10:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »
I haven't started tanking on my PUP yet but looking forward to it to trying it out soon. I'm curious how much difference and what attachments would change given the enmity announcement for automatons.

We have no plans on changing how the puppet uses its abilities, however we will be increasing the enmity+ from the attachment Strobe and Strobe II, as well as changing the Automaton's Provoke and Flash abilities so that they provide the same amount of enmity as the player versions."

The only thing Paladins really have over Automatons at the moment is that Automatons have shitty enmity generation. By no means am I saying this will invalidate Paladins, but it's going to be much MUCH closer. Automatons do not require support of any kind, and essentially just ignore all debuffs. They have Ochain level physical protection, and VERY NEARLY Aegis level magic protection. And they have double the HP of a Paladin.

To be honest, I actually don't know if I like this unless it's somehow tied to job points. Depending on how drastic the adjustment is, we may well start seeing Puppetmaster being bandwagoned for the first time ever. Luckily it's such a pain in the *** to gear/play, I don't think it's going to matter THAT much, but we're for sure going to see more Puppetmasters after this change.

hahah Tried Bykko today without 1200 got slaughtered by the Nasty Enspell he has

What was your total automaton and gear loadout? Head and frame, and every attachment you were using. Also, post a gear set, or just list it. I can tell you pretty much what happened and why.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-21 11:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rwolf said: »

The only thing Paladins really have over Automatons at the moment is that Automatons have shitty enmity generation. By no means am I saying this will invalidate Paladins, but it's going to be much MUCH closer. Automatons do not require support of any kind, and essentially just ignore all debuffs. They have Ochain level physical protection, and VERY NEARLY Aegis level magic protection. And they have double the HP of a Paladin.

To be honest, I actually don't know if I like this unless it's somehow tied to job points. Depending on how drastic the adjustment is, we may well start seeing Puppetmaster being bandwagoned for the first time ever. Luckily it's such a pain in the *** to gear/play, I don't think it's going to matter THAT much, but we're for sure going to see more Puppetmasters after this change.

What was your total automaton and gear loadout? Head and frame, and every attachment you were using. Also, post a gear set, or just list it. I can tell you pretty much what happened and why.

What do you think of "Pet: Magic Evasion" augments for Taeon gear if Magic Attacks are a puppet's weakpoint? If your only focus was tanking or if you were willing to make 2 sets - defensive and offensive for puppet, you could give your puppet 25 meva x 5 for 125 magic evasion in gear alone. Worth exploring?
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-21 14:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

#1 not 1200

#2 pet attchements looked like

atunner
strobe 1 and 2
Attk III
Armor plate IV and III
Mana jammer IV
Auto repair kit IV
Target marker
Acc IV
optical fiber and EVa IV

armor went Midnights
Awing salade
Teaom hands ()dont have T aug unfortunly)
HQ DT earring
Domestcators Earring
Naga pants
Punchilllos
Tioji belt
Relic cape
Relic body +1
Magneto (darn divinators never want to drop)
h2h neck (dont have any pet necks as of yet)
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-21 14:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

dont have any Abj stuff as find ppl on levi is a chore lol i do have the ABJ hands when i find somone tho
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-21 14:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

while were talking of trial of magaiun weapns i woudlnt mind tryng out PDT TBH what do you think of the Mag DEf +11 ones?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-21 19:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
What do you think of "Pet: Magic Evasion" augments for Taeon gear if Magic Attacks are a puppet's weakpoint? If your only focus was tanking or if you were willing to make 2 sets - defensive and offensive for puppet, you could give your puppet 25 meva x 5 for 125 magic evasion in gear alone. Worth exploring?

I personally do not have a maxed out magic evasion set, but Beaztmaster does. He told me that it's not noticeable unless you also have a Geomancer doing a magic evasion down bubble on harder content. And even then, it's not amazing. While there isn't much else in the snow slot worth taking when making Taeon for tanking, the HP boost from Rao is super useful. If Rao is an option, it's probably the better choice. +1 has the same DT at Taeon, and is probably close in price if you can actually find it when you account for the augments on Taeon. That being said, NQ is fine. While you lose a few points of DT, the extra HP is pretty nice.

#1 not 1200

#2 pet attchements looked like

atunner
strobe 1 and 2
Attk III
Armor plate IV and III
Mana jammer IV
Auto repair kit IV
Target marker
Acc IV
optical fiber and EVa IV

armor went Midnights
Awing salade
Teaom hands ()dont have T aug unfortunly)
HQ DT earring
Domestcators Earring
Naga pants
Punchilllos
Tioji belt
Relic cape
Relic body +1
Magneto (darn divinators never want to drop)
h2h neck (dont have any pet necks as of yet)

Based on your attachments, I can tell you are using Valor Edge/Valor Edge, which isn't ideal for tanking sky gods to start with. Soulsoother/Harlequin is the way to go for Sky gods.

As for your attachments, I imagine you are limited by the lack of JP. I will say that Galvanizer is pretty awesome for that extra counter rate. Most of a Sky Gods damage comes from their enspell effect. If the attack gets countered, their enspell damage doesn't go off. It helps a lot with Byakko and Seiryu, as they both attack very fast.

As for your gear, you have 22%DT(9 of which is from Stout Servant) and 71%PDT with one light maneuver up. But Physical damage isn't a concern, magic damage is. That's what killed you. Remember how I kept saying that DT was so important in end game, because PDT doesn't do jack ***about magic damage? Byakko is a good example of why.

In my fight against Byakko, I had 70%DT and 87.5%PDT. I am taking 48% less damage on each enspell hit than you are. Regardless of if you had the same strength regen I do, you still aren't going to be able to take on getting hit for 500 damage every time you get hit. I know, I tried. It didn't work.

If you want to tank these high level fights, you're going to need to build a proper DT set. You'll be fine for fights where magic damage isn't an issue, however.

while were talking of trial of magaiun weapns i woudlnt mind tryng out PDT TBH what do you think of the Mag DEf +11 ones?

You don't need PDT, and the lack of DT on magian makes them less useful.
 Asura.Womwom
Server: Asura
user: Eilan
By Asura.Womwom 2015-10-21 21:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Tru, you're my hero. Just putting it out there. PUP has never gotten the love or respect it deserves. You've broken it down into a science and an art. I just wowed my ls by tanking a full Pallor Vag run on PUP. Which had a few sticky moments because the hate is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in that area, but we nonetheless overcame. I'm glad you mentioned Harl frame. I was watching the video asking myself wtf a WHM auto is doing tanking like that. Gonna experiment more.
 Shiva.Rickis
By Shiva.Rickis 2015-10-22 04:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on your attachments, I can tell you are using Valor Edge/Valor Edge, which isn't ideal for tanking sky gods to start with. Soulsoother/Harlequin is the way to go for Sky gods.

I still have no idea how those frames works, is there any information online that i could go with? I was trying to do Shiva but always got killed with the additional damage from it's attack

my gears on shiva (actually I only have this set as just returnning)
Denonements
Rao head
relic body 119
emp 119 hands and legs
Asperity neck
Hurch'lan sash
Teaon feet (4% DT)
handler's earring NQ+HQ
Thurandaut ring
overbearing ring
JP at 150
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-22 07:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Rickis said: »

I still have no idea how those frames works, is there any information online that i could go with? I was trying to do Shiva but always got killed with the additional damage from it's attack

Denonements
Rao head
relic body 119
emp 119 hands and legs
Asperity neck
Hurch'lan sash
Teaon feet (4% DT)
handler's earring NQ+HQ
Thurandaut ring
overbearing ring
JP at 150

So the reason you want to use the Soulsoother head is because it will cast Shellra V and Protectra V on itself and you. The reason this is so important is because it is the ONLY way to get Shell V on the Automaton. Shell V is a straight 24.2 MDT. It's the single largest source of magic damage mitigation the Automaton can get. The reason you use Harlequin body is because it has the second largest HP pool, and it can actually cast spells. Valoredge has no native MP, and because of this the frame WILL NOT cast any spells, regardless of the fact it will have MP with job points.

As for your gear, you are on the right track. Rao head/body/feet are really good hybrid tanking pieces, as they give the master and the Auto accuracy, and the automaton DT. Karagoz hands are just plain bad, their only purpose would be for an Automaton WS set, otherwise they aren't useful. Rawhide path C are really good for hybrid, and of course Taeon are also an option. Karagoz legs are acceptable for hybrid. Unless you need the accuracy from Hurch'lan, Isa Belt from Khamir Drifts delve MB is ideal for tanking and easy to get at this point. If you are using Valoredge, Denouements don't do anything at all for your Automaton. If you're using SS/HQ, the refresh is nice.

What difficulty are you doing? If you're only doing normal, I'd strongly suggest using Amchuchu to tank and Yoran-Oran as your white mage, then the usual support trusts. Set your automaton up to skillchain with you and kill her MUCH faster than trying to have your Automaton tank while you do all the damage. I don't think I've posted it before, but a Puppetmaster with a properly built Automaton is goddamn skillchain monster. With enough haste, martial arts and stp, you can VERY consistently do Shinji Spiral > Bone Crusher > Victory Smite for absolutely insane damage. If you have King of Hearts out, he'll be magic bursting fire spells like crazy and the fight will be over super quick.
 Shiva.Rickis
By Shiva.Rickis 2015-10-22 10:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Rickis said: »

Denonements
Rao head
relic body 119
emp 119 hands and legs
Asperity neck
Hurch'lan sash
Teaon feet (4% DT)
handler's earring NQ+HQ
Thurandaut ring
overbearing ring
JP at 150

So the reason you want to use the Soulsoother head is because it will cast Shellra V and Protectra V on itself and you. The reason this is so important is because it is the ONLY way to get Shell V on the Automaton. Shell V is a straight 24.2 MDT. It's the single largest source of magic damage mitigation the Automaton can get. The reason you use Harlequin body is because it has the second largest HP pool, and it can actually cast spells. Valoredge has no native MP, and because of this the frame WILL NOT cast any spells, regardless of the fact it will have MP with job points.

As for your gear, you are on the right track. Rao head/body/feet are really good hybrid tanking pieces, as they give the master and the Auto accuracy, and the automaton DT. Karagoz hands are just plain bad, their only purpose would be for an Automaton WS set, otherwise they aren't useful. Rawhide path C are really good for hybrid, and of course Taeon are also an option. Karagoz legs are acceptable for hybrid. Unless you need the accuracy from Hurch'lan, Isa Belt from Khamir Drifts delve MB is ideal for tanking and easy to get at this point. If you are using Valoredge, Denouements don't do anything at all for your Automaton. If you're using SS/HQ, the refresh is nice.

What difficulty are you doing? If you're only doing normal, I'd strongly suggest using Amchuchu to tank and Yoran-Oran as your white mage, then the usual support trusts. Set your automaton up to skillchain with you and kill her MUCH faster than trying to have your Automaton tank while you do all the damage. I don't think I've posted it before, but a Puppetmaster with a properly built Automaton is goddamn skillchain monster. With enough haste, martial arts and stp, you can VERY consistently do Shinji Spiral > Bone Crusher > Victory Smite for absolutely insane damage. If you have King of Hearts out, he'll be magic bursting fire spells like crazy and the fight will be over super quick.

thanks Tru, it's a great help. I dont have Yoran-Oran but Apurur. Also not having isa belt too, which i am trying to get. what hands do you suggest?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-22 11:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Taeon with triple attack and accuracy are going to be your best bet. Short of that, Rawhide are a good hybrid piece, Qaaxo path A are okayish, Ontronif with 2%double attack have a large amount of stp if you need it for an x-hit... That's pretty much it.
By darthmaull 2015-10-22 23:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Tru, it's time. Time to show us this build you speak of. The attachments, the gears with augments. I've fallen off on my Pup due to being discouraged and picking up Geo so I can be included in LS events. I would love to know what build would work so I can sc like you say. I've always loved Pup but I went away from it a few months ago. I tried it one more time but after having my Auto's *** handed to me on Byakko v.2 I put it away. But I now see it was my gear that made me fail. Reading this thread makes me want to pick up Pup again. I would love to use my Auto as an event tank. And also a Skill chaining machine.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-23 00:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

how are you cvasting Pro and shell?? with total mage frame?? cuz i did whm head with harl and she did nothing lol i guess im confusaed
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-23 01:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Forward: Puppetmaster, as I have said many times, is not like other jobs. You require a lot more thought when it comes to how you gear yourself and your puppet. What I typically do is analyze my objective, my target and my party composition. So what I am about to post only applies SPECIFICALLY TO 1200JP Pups. What works for me will require changes when you apply it to your situation.

ItemSet 338864

Head is path C, Body path D, Hands with Double atk 2%, pants with double attack and triple attack 3%, back piece with 20 martial arts. H2H should have DMG+ and Pet: Haste +3%. I'd suggest using the snow slot for master acc.

This is what I use when /sam and capped gear/magic haste. This gives me a ten hit build, and a fairly large amount of accuracy. While there are better possible choices in these slots, this gear set suits me fine until I refine it further. My objective with this set isn't to deal the most damage over time. My ideal here is to deal CONSISTENT damage. While you can spreadsheet higher damage using more multi-attack, that isn't my purpose. My purpose is to CONSISTENTLY create skillchains to A. Deal damage and B. Give the mages something to burst off of. B. works even better when you have an Automaton mage set-up in magic machine gun mode.

With this particular build, I know that unless I miss, I will always have enough TP to perform a weaponskill in five attack rounds. With this setup, my delay is 123.4, or basically about two seconds. So every ten seconds, IF NO MULTIHIT PROCS, I will have enough TP to skillchain. The window for a skillchain is around 8 seconds as near as I can tell. I've been told it goes lower the more steps you do, but I'm haven't personally done that much testing.

"But Tru! With your setup, it will take you ten seconds to get TP! WUT DO!?" This would be the case if we were trying to chain with ourselves. But we aren't.

ItemSet 338865

Head: Valor Edge
Body: Valor Edge
Inhibitor
Inhibitor II
Tension Spring IV
Tension Spring II
Coiler
Coiler II
Target Marker
Turbo Charger
Turbo Charger II
Armor Plate IV
Optic Fiber
Auto Repair Kit IV

Maneuvers: Wind Wind Lightning

With this setup, your Automaton will have 68.75% haste, 40 stp and 49% double attack. Only important stat on pants is pet: stp+8. All Taeon pieces should eventually have 5% haste and 5% double attack. I strongly suggest using the snow slots to get accuracy for the master. Reason being is that Targetmarker and Shiromochi will cap Automaton accuracy on content where it's worthwhile to melee with the master(128 and under, usually). We still need the master to be getting tp while we have this set on.

Open the chain however you want it to go. The important thing here is understanding how your Automaton is going to try and chain with you. For example, If you start with Victory Smite, your Automaton is ALWAYS going to use String Shredder next. Reason being is that Inhibitor forces your Automaton to use a weaponskill that will chain, and of it's choices it will pick based on manuevers. This is why Automatons will use Armor Shatterer instead of Armor Piercer after a String Shredder(even though Armor Piercer would close darkness) when you are using the Wind Wind Thunder setup.

So with this in mind, you can craft your skillchains to set up whatever you want and you feel is feasible in the situation. For example, if whatever I am fighting doesn't have access to anything that could interrupt my chain and accuracy isn't an issue...

Victory Smite~>String Shredder~>Shinji's Spiral~>Bone Crusher~>Victory Smite is a five step double light, and it absolutely obliterates HP.

Sadly, since we lack a H2H WS that has either Darkness or Distortion properties, I usually just do Stringing Pummel~>String Shredder for Darkness. Not as powerful or as cool, but it's great to keep your mages magic bursting and quickly ending fights.

Now on to how to actually do it.

So here is what you do. Start in the master TP set, get to 1000tp. Your Automaton, provided you are starting will all maneuvers up, will have around 500tp at this point usually, maybe more. Perform whatever weaponskill you want. As soon as you see your TP consumed, hit the macro that changes you into your Automaton gear. He's going to start getting TP much faster now. Unless he gets stunned/slept/stoned/slowed, he's going to get TP fast enough that he will ALWAYS close a skillchain with his next WS. As soon as you see him hit 1k tp, hit the macro to change back to master tp. Usually the master will be back to 500 TP at this point. If a multihit procs, you might end up over 1k TP before the skillchain animation even goes off. If not, you've got time. Once you see the skillchain animation, or as soon as you get 1k TP if it's after that, perform the next step of the chain. For me and the amount of server lag I think I have, this always chains. Once again, we're going to change to Automaton TP gear the moment we see our TP consumed. He's probably going to go right after the skillchain animation, and it will seem to late, but it's still going to close. Same as before, once the auto has 1k tp change back to master tp gear. You should get 1k TP right around the same time that you see the skillchain animation hit it's halfway point.

Basically you're just going to keep doing that over and over. What gear you need to do it is going to change based on how many JP you have, since it's going to directly affect your delay.

That's the gist of it. Do some experimenting. Easy way to start is just Shinji Spiral~>Bone Crusher~>Victory Smite. I realize most of you think that Stringing Pummel is the end all be all, but it isn't. Shinji Spiral has a massive 85% DEX mod, and Victory Smite has an 80% STR mod. Both WS are pretty good when geared properly. Victory Smite(unless you have and are using KKK) is going to deal damage that is pretty close to Stringing Pummel a lot of the time, especially at lower TP values when your chance to crit is lower.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-23 01:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

how are you cvasting Pro and shell?? with total mage frame?? cuz i did whm head with harl and she did nothing lol i guess im confusaed

Did you already have protect and shell on yourself? Your Automaton will scan you and try to apply a buff you do not already have. If you already have protect and shell, she won't cast those spells.

...and obviously the Automaton has to be deployed, but I'm positive you are talking about her not casting those spells after she is deployed.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-23 01:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

ill try again its possible i did
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19 20