The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 149 150 151
 Asura.Elizabet
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2018-12-10 00:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Was+1 has no place in this list, for Flaming Crush? As one of the options to use after Nirvana?

I'm having decent result with a Keraunos Aug'g with pet: Atk +20ish and BP dmg +10, It's also my perp staff (-6) but I was thinking of swpaping that to Pet: DA since grid is only 1 less perp.

The main issue with that is pet: acc needs to be made elsewhere. Was+1 is probably better eh... but cannot be bothered for the cost, as if I really need something more accurate I'm probably using ramuh anyways at that point.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-12-10 10:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Gridarvor is still going to be much better for purely physical pacts, and Pet: DA does nothing for Flaming Crush, so I'd like to suggest maybe Pet: Crit Rate instead of Pet: DA? Flaming Crush can crit, and it can help with attack issues. Maybe even do that, and change the Pet:Atk roll to Pet:Acc, if you're feeling it lacks accuracy? Hopefully the crit rate should cover for the loss of the attack? I don't know, been a long time since I played with Keraunoses.

Sylph.Darkside said: »
Question about the LVL+ items like Nirvana or the back piece. If you change back pieces or weapon does the avatar level drop then go back up when you re-equip or are you giving up having a 119+ level avatar to get like 1-2 sec off recast timer?
Yes the former, the avatar's level drops, then goes back up when you re-equip it.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2018-12-10 13:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
and Pet: DA does nothing for Flaming Crush, so I'd like to suggest maybe Pet: Crit Rate instead

DA and Crit is the same aug on Keraunos, you get both in the slot so it's not like you can choose haha. I could swap Pet: Atk to Pet: Acc, but my point was that if i really need Acc, i am likely to be using Volt Strike, and of course, I am using Gridarvor for that.

The staff I was describing was purely FC shenanigans. Still, all it is, is something to fill the slot till nirv is finished.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-12-10 13:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

For flaming crush you want bpd first, mab second, but in some situations you need atk as well.

Unbuffed, in d-div jeuno, just having ifrit do warcry is the difference between hitting for 40k and capping damage. I see the same situation across all 3 waves, and the end boss.
By Tarage 2018-12-10 20:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
For flaming crush you want bpd first, mab second, but in some situations you need atk as well.

Unbuffed, in d-div jeuno, just having ifrit do warcry is the difference between hitting for 40k and capping damage. I see the same situation across all 3 waves, and the end boss.

When my group farms in Jeuno I have to not attack with Ifrit even on the second wave because he kills before the thf can get TH on...
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-12-11 09:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That's where THF/BLM comes in, Sleepga to apply TH.

That said, I think Shock Squall out-values anything Ifrit can do damage-wise in Dynamis...
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-12-11 11:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That said, I think Shock Squall out-values anything Ifrit can do damage-wise in Dynamis...

Jeuno i think has the gimmick where one eye color neuters off-target aoe nukes. AOEing when the group isn't handling it also means triggered ninjas wiping everyone.q

T3 boss for jeuno i parse above the melee even though all i get for a buff is refresh. A warcry'd flaming crush is just consistent 99k damage the whole fight.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-12-11 13:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding Shock Squall, I meant on regular pulls obviously, not on the bosses.

And I'm not sure what you mean about AOEing triggering Ninjas and such. THF Sleepga won't trigger any 1hrs, and Shock Squall is explicitly to prevent stuff like Mijin. It's not uncommon for us to do a whole Dyna run without any Mijins going off because I'm stun-locking everything.

Neither of those two things necessitates using AOE nukes either, if that's what you were referring to. They're both equally useful in single-target melee burns.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-12-11 18:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding Shock Squall, I meant on regular pulls obviously, not on the bosses.

And I'm not sure what you mean about AOEing triggering Ninjas and such. THF Sleepga won't trigger any 1hrs, and Shock Squall is explicitly to prevent stuff like Mijin. It's not uncommon for us to do a whole Dyna run without any Mijins going off because I'm stun-locking everything.

Neither of those two things necessitates using AOE nukes either, if that's what you were referring to. They're both equally useful in single-target melee burns.

Was thinking thunderspark, not shock squall.
By Pantafernando 2018-12-16 10:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

As i managed to save some cash ive decided to upgrade a bit my smn inv and looking for some insights how to improve.

1. My current Voltstrike set uses 2 helios, AF1+3, merlinic and apogee slacks. So i was considering dropping one of the helios for apogee (head or feet) to get the set bonus in legs. I was thinking in maintaining the head due to native acc though apogee feet has +2 extra BPdmg. My question would be, if i go with apogee feet, I was considering the smn skill path (D) as BG says smn skill affect BP acc. So my question would be if anyone know how much acc is gained per smn skill?

2. For my magic BP set, in theory merlinic would be OP in the head and body slots if it can get BP dmg +10 and mab+35. My question would be if i should use pellucid or fern for that one. I burned 250 stones and just 2 BP dmg10 augment. This will take forever.

3. For magic BP, apogee slacks should be path D or A?

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-12-16 12:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

As i managed to save some cash ive decided to upgrade a bit my smn inv and looking for some insights how to improve.

1. My current Voltstrike set uses 2 helios, AF1+3, merlinic and apogee slacks. So i was considering dropping one of the helios for apogee (head or feet) to get the set bonus in legs. I was thinking in maintaining the head due to native acc though apogee feet has +2 extra BPdmg. My question would be, if i go with apogee feet, I was considering the smn skill path (D) as BG says smn skill affect BP acc. So my question would be if anyone know how much acc is gained per smn skill?

2. For my magic BP set, in theory merlinic would be OP in the head and body slots if it can get BP dmg +10 and mab+35. My question would be if i should use pellucid or fern for that one. I burned 250 stones and just 2 BP dmg10 augment. This will take forever.

3. For magic BP, apogee slacks should be path D or A?

Thanks in advance.

1. Not alot, probably a 1 for 1 exchange. Go with attack aug for feet, not skill. Hq apogee, right? If you want acc, use shiromochi

2. Fern. Expect to spend thousands of stones per to get near apogee +1 levels.

3. A. D's extra bpd does not compensate for the lack of mab.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-12-20 11:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi

How exactly works this mechanism of nerfing repeated BP in Dyna Div NMs? How many diferent BPs should i use to get my BP at full potency?

Thanks in advance
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-12-20 13:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeuno i think has the gimmick where one eye color neuters off-target aoe nukes. AOEing when the group isn't handling it also means triggered ninjas wiping everyone.q

T3 boss for jeuno i parse above the melee even though all i get for a buff is refresh. A warcry'd flaming crush is just consistent 99k damage the whole fight.

Can you 1-shot Statues on smn?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-12-20 13:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You can one-shot the lesser statues (could probably do the red statues too if they're pulled into GEO bubbles) but if you mean in the context of trying to prevent it from popping adds, no you cannot. BP:Rage has a ready time, and the act of readying it puts the SMN on the hate list and pops adds before it goes off.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-12-20 18:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi

How exactly works this mechanism of nerfing repeated BP in Dyna Div NMs? How many diferent BPs should i use to get my BP at full potency?

Thanks in advance
It's the same system and penalties than in Iroha MT if people repeatedly use the same BP/WS: 100%, -10%, -25%, -40%, -60%.
It's not that bad as long as players use different WSs/BPs.

edit
To be more specific, you can use the same BP without getting nerfed too much if there are people WSing. If you are alone or have SMNs who uses the same BP then the damage will drop quickly.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-20 23:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You can one-shot the lesser statues (could probably do the red statues too if they're pulled into GEO bubbles) but if you mean in the context of trying to prevent it from popping adds, no you cannot. BP:Rage has a ready time, and the act of readying it puts the SMN on the hate list and pops adds before it goes off.
Which BP do you use and with which buffs/debuffs and with how much average TP?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-12-20 23:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi

Thanks in advance

I don't believe this repeated bp nerf applies to everything in d-d. It really only seems noticeable on t2 boss. Trash and redeye nms are a nonissue. T1 boss might have it, but has a few weaknesses you can exploit, usually just element based nukes like level ??? Holy or merit pacts. And on at least 2 of the 4 t3 bosses i just do consistent capped flaming crush damage, in a fight over 20 min long i end up being top of parse because of this.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-12-21 01:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi

Thanks in advance

I don't believe this repeated bp nerf applies to everything in d-d. It really only seems noticeable on t2 boss. Trash and redeye nms are a nonissue. T1 boss might have it, but has a few weaknesses you can exploit, usually just element based nukes like level ??? Holy or merit pacts. And on at least 2 of the 4 t3 bosses i just do consistent capped flaming crush damage, in a fight over 20 min long i end up being top of parse because of this.

What are the weakness on the midboss i can exploit? I just recently started to farm dynamis div to upgrade my mules SMN neck and ive been some problems figuring how to beat mid. Ive been trying some skillchains with BPs but quickly they drop in dmg.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-12-21 02:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi

Thanks in advance

It is without a doubt present on everything. I saw Volt Strike dropping below 20k with capped pdif/acc on wave3 leaders/bosses during AC, also tested on T1/T2 bosses and NMs.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-12-21 02:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

t2 boss, or the t1 statue boss?

t2, the beastmen boss, i've had approximately zero luck being a significant damage source on. you're better served buffing and post 50% spamming atomos. with a fastcast set, haste, etc. you can get your atomos recast down so low that he's available to resummon when he disappears.

I actually suspect with them that it isn't specifically a bp damage nerf, it's specifically more an across the board damage type accumulative resistance/weakness balance mechanic. i've seen with a melee party on them (which is more than enough to take them down, only sandy and bastok really will give you trouble) my elemental nukes will do full damage pretty consistently. It's just unfortunately not alot of damage compared to the melee.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-12-21 02:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Hi

Thanks in advance

It is without a doubt present on everything. I saw Volt Strike dropping below 20k with capped pdif/acc on wave3 leaders/bosses during AC, also tested on T1/T2 bosses and NMs.

Test flaming crush. I've seen it do capped damage, even during conduit, on windurst and jeuno t3 bosses. I've even seen it do capped on those t3s while other popped formor are still up.

only buffs i have would be shiromochi, warcry and possibly frailty or torpor. without warcry the damage drops to about 30k.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-12-21 03:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I know about the multi 99k but this doesn't change what I said about the nerf presence. Neither Warcry or Beast Roll are necessary to reach this number.

I actually suspect with them that it isn't specifically a bp damage nerf
It has never been a nerf specifically made for BPs. I don't know why there are still people who think about a "SMN nerf" in Dynamis. Our only problem is avatar's lack of attack in wave1/2 because for some reasons it's not possible to cap damage with defense down debuffs. Wave3 is a different story.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-12-21 03:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

t2 boss, or the t1 statue boss?

t2, the beastmen boss, i've had approximately zero luck being a significant damage source on. you're better served buffing and post 50% spamming atomos. with a fastcast set, haste, etc. you can get your atomos recast down so low that he's available to resummon when he disappears.

I actually suspect with them that it isn't specifically a bp damage nerf, it's specifically more an across the board damage type accumulative resistance/weakness balance mechanic. i've seen with a melee party on them (which is more than enough to take them down, only sandy and bastok really will give you trouble) my elemental nukes will do full damage pretty consistently. It's just unfortunately not alot of damage compared to the melee.

My current target was overseer tombstone (sandoria statue boss). I tried changing BP by doing 3 steps light then 3 steps drk still, aside first combo that dealt 10%, it never got back to full potency. I just saw eijin video where he manages capped dmg with water burstings, i guess i will try that with geo and leviathan magical bp.

Another question, in sandy zone ive been farming RP with cleaving thunderspark with statues with blue eyes. I supose flaming crush wont be much better as either mode has some resistance that will make inviable one shooting with flaming, right?

Last thing i noticed my tunderspark losingpotency on some mobs near MH area, the THFs that were receiving less than half normal dmg. Im not sure if they are naturaly resistant to magic, if they are higher lvor if thatsjust the result of food droppong or that we were in earthsday.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-12-21 10:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Which BP do you use and with which buffs/debuffs and with how much average TP?
5/5 Thunderstorm, Marine Stewpot, no buffs/debuffs. TP does need to be fairly high to one-shot. I'm not sure the exact number, but if I'm spamming rage BPs then they'll usually end up at like 5% HP instead of dead. 5/5 Heavenly Strike may be better since you can use Crystal Blessing but as mentioned before, my group leans heavily on Shock Squall so I keep Ramuh out.

My current target was overseer tombstone (sandoria statue boss).
Consider trying Impact bursts. Mine do around 40-60k non-bursted with just Malaise up. (The 60k ones might be blazed bubble or Gambit.) Darkness in general works great on all of the T1 bosses, we usually spam Leaden to kill them.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-12-27 23:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have a merlinic hand with BPD+10 augment (and some minor crap).

With gridarvor, would helios hands with BPD+7, DA+8 beat merlinic hands for volt strike spam?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-12-27 23:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lockfort said: »
So I have a merlinic hand with BPD+10 augment (and some minor crap).

With gridarvor, would helios hands with BPD+7, DA+8 beat merlinic hands for volt strike spam?
on paper helios is 2.35% for the BPD, 4.4% for the DA.
Merlinic is 5.25% for the BPD.

Confirm what you'd get with pergatory's calculator.
 Asura.Creole
user: Creole
By Asura.Creole 2018-12-28 15:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

where can i find an updated equipment guide?
 Phoenix.Pretre
Server: Phoenix
user: pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2019-01-06 06:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

ok I have question for the smn experts as I know im def not one lol. keep being told how op nirvana is so I thought fine ill upgrade my smn an just made one. went to test it last night against apex raptors. voltstrike nirv an grid did same dmg with grid sometimes beating it. crush it did exactly same dmg as my skirmish staff with maxed augs. am I missing something here or did I just make a 160m lockstle item? pls an ty :)
First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 149 150 151