New DBZ Movie Opening In Japan On April 18th, 2015

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » New DBZ Movie Opening in Japan on April 18th, 2015
New DBZ Movie Opening in Japan on April 18th, 2015
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-03-16 03:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

[quote="Cerberus.Senkyuutai" pid=2847024][quote="Siren.Lordgrim" pid=2847014]Well pointed out tiger ! I really wonder if lord bill's will play a part in his association withe freeza in this new movie. I know in battle of God's he made mention of freeza[/quote]He mentioned killing him and was surprised that someone could kill Freezer before he did. Bills isn't a bad guy.[/quote]

Lord bill's can be what he wants to be he is the god of destruction lol just got to remind folks to give him pudding.
By maldini 2015-03-16 04:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Of all the villains they chose to bring back did it have to be Frieza...again?!
It could only be worse if they chose to bring back Broly.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-03-16 05:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Broly, for some reason, is one of the least liked bad guys at TOEI. Toriyama never showed any care for him, probably because he was created by someone else for OVA purpose.

They picked Freezer for the reboot purpose. Xenoverse rebooted the games, Revival of F will keep people hooked after Battle of Gods due to one of the big bad guys from people's youth.
 Asura.Snubber
Server: Asura
user: snubber
By Asura.Snubber 2015-03-16 05:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

カメハメハ~!!!!!
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-16 06:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Freeza was always my favourite villain as the whole saga seemed well balanced, Cell was alright, I think they could have had a great fight with SSJ2 Gohan and Super Perfect Cell but alas they didn't. Majin Buu in general was just a bit off the walls, you had Fat Buu that only Goku could beat, then Super Buu that only Gohan could beat, then he keeps absorbing people but he's completely outclassed by a potara fusion of Goku and Vegeta who individually are far weaker than he is.

Kid Buu is probably the best in the sense that no one has a clue how strong he is supposed to be, I always see arguments amongst the fanbase on what the strongest form of Buu is but it always seemed black and white to me. Personally it's always bloody hilarious to see people arguing about it.

Fat Buu < Kid Buu < Super Buu < Piccolo Buu < Gotenks Buu < Gohan Buu

I think the confusion for people is that the anime refers to Kid Buu as the most dangerous form but that doesn't mean most powerful, which is demonstrated by the fact, the first thing he does is blow up the Earth even with Goku and Vegeta there to fight.

Another one that causes debate is how strong Goku is in comparison to Buu, I see him as above Kid Buu in strength but loses in a drawn out fight due to all the Buu's ridiculous regenerative capabilities.

Wow I went off on a tangent, tl;dr version: I rank the major villains in the order: Freeza, Cell, Buu
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-16 06:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You can tell the whole Freezer saga was quite obviously the best planned and what DBZ was all about. From Raditz to the ssj transformation and end.
Everything after shows to be quite different. I liked cyborgs and majin sagas too, don't get me wrong, but they're just somewhat beyond the original concept.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-16 06:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, wrong movie?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-16 10:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taidis said: »
Wow I went off on a tangent, tl;dr version: I rank the major villains in the order: Freeza, Cell, Buu

Vegetta is also a vilain.

Personally, i think Cell part wasnt that good, even the cyborg part was nicer. Before Cell absorbing the androids, he was pretty lame, being spanked by everyone and running like a coward till he got enough power to fight back.

Also, imo Cell reputation was hurted after he was pitied by Vegetta. A villain that was weak, just survived by eating fodders (humans), running away from secondary chars like piccolo, being pitied by Vegetta, being arrogant to rehash martial tournament, then being arrogant to try to weaken gohan hidden power, then just being relevant due to piccolo regeneration power (because otherwise he would be defeated withou goku sacrifice). Yes, i think cell saga was the weakest part in DBZ, manga, thats it.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-03-16 10:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly, Yamcha should be the hero this time.
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-03-16 10:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Well pointed out tiger ! I really wonder if lord bill's will play a part in his association withe freeza in this new movie. I know in battle of God's he made mention of freeza
He mentioned killing him and was surprised that someone could kill Freezer before he did. Bills isn't a bad guy.

Lord bill's can be what he wants to be he is the god of destruction lol just got to remind folks to give him pudding.
ALL THE PUDDING FOR BUU ONLY!!! Buu no like purple kitty or hula hoop head!!!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-16 10:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of Buu's losses amounted to the unintended traits he picked up absorbing people and the fact he can't take full advantage of what he absorbs.

Vegito could have finished the job but they needed to drag the plot and save everyone absorbed. Gohan is a complete waste of time and Goku saving the day via/Spirit Bomb is just a facepalm.

Cmon, Vegeta finally character develops and gets choked out by Buu for his efforts. Yay. That point where Hercule is doing more.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-16 10:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »

Only guy who took his talents and a mint with them. Go Yamcha.

Everyone else is leeching off 'dat Capsule Co. money.

I like that Bulma is the quiet hero of the series.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-16 10:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

In everytime Goku is supose to find a job, he just find a way to ran away.

After freeza, he decided to take longer to return back to earth, after cell, he decided to keep dead, after buu, he decided to ran away from home to train ubu, and so go on.

Poor chichi. Goku is the protagonist, but hes also a bad father, a bad husband and an horrible bummer.
By Wordspoken 2015-03-16 10:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Poor chichi. Goku is the protagonist, but hes also a bad father, a bad husband and an horrible bummer.
Well if you remember how they hooked up, you get what you deserve.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-16 11:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Goku and Chi Chi use the Ox King's money.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-16 13:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The new hero will be Tiencha!

[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-03-16 14:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

maldini said: »
Of all the villains they chose to bring back did it have to be Frieza...again?!
It could only be worse if they chose to bring back Broly.
Check your inbox dude!

Kinda on-topic: I never watched DB, I want to but don't really feel like sitting through hundreds of episodes of stretched-out arcs. Are there shorter versions? I heard about Kai, but most fans would tell me to stay away from it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-16 14:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Kai is the DBZ without any filler bs. Watch that.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-16 14:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't watch DBZ vanilla anymore.

Watch DBZ: Abridged through the Frieza arc. You won't be dissapointed.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-03-16 14:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Thank you.

I can't watch DBZ vanilla anymore.

Watch DBZ: Abridged through the Frieza arc. You won't be dissapointed.
Lol, I watched that for a couple minutes the other day. It was hilarious.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-16 15:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Kai excludes the episode where Goku and Piccolo learn to drive and is therefore the vastly inferior version.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-03-16 18:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/03/15/funimation-acquires-2015-dbz-movie-resurrection-f/
Quote:
FUNimation has announced their acquisition of this year’s upcoming theatrical Dragon Ball Z film — Fukkatsu no “F” — which will be given the title Resurrection ‘F’ for the company’s release. An English dub of the film will debut in North American theaters this summer, with a subtitled preview screening coming to Los Angeles 11 April 2015.

Quote:
FUNIMATION ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION OF DRAGON BALL Z: RESURRECTION ‘F’
World Premiere April 11, 2015 at Egyptian Theatre in Los Angeles, CA

It’s the news fans have been waiting for! FUNimation Entertainment is proud to announce its acquisition of the theatrical, home entertainment, video on demand and broadcast rights to the upcoming Japanese animated feature film Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’.

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ represents the nineteenth feature film in the Dragon Ball series. Series creator Akira Toriyama was directly involved in the film’s production, just as he was in the highly successful Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods. The English dub of the new film will be released in theaters across North America in Summer 2015.

However, fans of the franchise may not have to wait until summer to get a look at the film! FUNimation Entertainment has teamed up with 20th Century FOX & Toei Animation to host the world premiere of Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ (in Japanese w/ English subtitles) at the Egyptian Theatre in Los Angeles, CA on Saturday, April 11. So, if you’re in the Los Angeles area you can be among the first in the world to see Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’. A limited amount of tickets to the premiere will be available to fans and the general public beginning today at dragonballz.com.
By Jetackuu 2015-03-16 18:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »

Kai excludes the episode where Goku and Piccolo learn to drive and is therefore the vastly inferior version.
Not to mention the voice acting is worse.

Either the Funimation Dub, or the unofficial abridged for me, *** Kai.
Server: Ultros
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2015-03-16 18:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

But like, why Frieza? I just don't get it.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-16 18:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Euclids Cfinder said: »

All the others were busy, sorry.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-03-16 19:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Popularity I guess.
Or Vegeta's getting the spotlight like Toriyama wanted and he wanted a villain he actually had some connection to.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-16 20:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

While Cell and Majin Buu were more powerful, Frieza is the one with street cred as a great galactic destroyer and an identity of his own.

Look at it this way. Who makes a more compelling villain for the Justice League? Darkseid (Frieza), AMAZO (Cell), or Doomsday (Buu)? Clearly the correct answer is Lex Luthor, but since we don't have him we'll have to settle for Darkseid.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-03-16 20:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
Popularity I guess.
Or Vegeta's getting the spotlight like Toriyama wanted and he wanted a villain he actually had some connection to.
Is that supposed to be Goten in saiyan armor?
A little surprised they didn't cut off his tail.
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-03-16 20:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

that is vegeta's brother :x
 Bismarck.Misao
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-03-16 20:42:21