New DBZ Movie Opening In Japan On April 18th, 2015

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » New DBZ Movie Opening in Japan on April 18th, 2015
New DBZ Movie Opening in Japan on April 18th, 2015
First Page 2 3
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2015-03-15 16:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So there's another DBZ movie coming out in theaters in Japan next month. Just thought I'd post for anyone interested.

Dragonball Z: Revival of F Wiki Page

Trailer 2:
YouTube Video Placeholder

Trailer 3:
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Pantafernando 2015-03-15 16:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

There should be a limit how long someone can keep using over and over same stuff for fast cash.

People complain about rehashed content in ffxi, this is the same but worse.
By Zackan 2015-03-15 17:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
There should be a limit how long someone can keep using over and over same stuff for fast cash.

People complain about rehashed content in ffxi, this is the same but worse.

haters need to stop hating, I love these movies, they excite me!
By Chyula 2015-03-15 17:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to stop nerfing Gohan, He should be the strongest one without fusion after buu saga.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-03-15 17:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Buu's absorption isn't really fusion and out of all the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE plot devices, old Kai dancing around him for 24 hrs and making him the strongest after he didn't do ***for training for over 7 years is pretty much horseshit lol.
[+]
By Zackan 2015-03-15 17:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
They need to stop nerfing Gohan, He should be the strongest one without fusion after buu saga.

The only person nerfing Gohan is Chi Chi, don't blame the makers for that.
[+]
By Zackan 2015-03-15 17:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Buu's absorption isn't really fusion and out of all the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE plot devices, old Kai dancing around him for 24 hrs and making him the strongest after he didn't do ***for training for over 7 years is pretty much horseshit lol.
agreed

The only thing to this though, is it is just playing with Gohans hidden abilities.

First it comes out when he gets angry.
Second it gets brought into some control via Elder Namek
And third, the full potential is unlocked via Old Kai, so if you look at it that way its not that crazy. Though at the this point the ONLY person who can MAYBE unlock it further, is that cat god of destruction, or another god.
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
user: Yatenkou
By Cecilia Charl 2015-03-15 18:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Zackan said: »
agreed

The only thing to this though, is it is just playing with Gohans hidden abilities.

And third, the full potential is unlocked via Old Kai, so if you look at it that way its not that crazy. Though at the this point the ONLY person who can MAYBE unlock it further, is that cat god of destruction, or another god.

Or they could...you know...ask Shenron "Hey can you unlock my greatest potential?"
By Zackan 2015-03-15 18:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kei Nagase said: »
Zackan said: »
agreed

Or they could...you know...ask Shenron "Hey can you unlock my greatest potential?"

Wouldn't work, the dragon wouldn't be able to increase it beyond the Elder Nameks ability to do so.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2015-03-15 18:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

All I care for, is someone besides Goku better be the saving grace this time. I'm super sick of everyone being cannon fodder until he can go Genki Dama or SSJ God.

From the trailers, it looks like he beats the ***out of Goku and Vegeta isn't even touched, so maybe....just maybe, Vegeta will be the hero this time and revenge his planet/race?

Or not, cause Dragon Ball is so poorly written it amazes me the universe doesn't just collapse on *** alone.

Also, what the *** did they do to Gohan, good god...he went from badass design vs Majin Buu to track star? lol

Kame Sennin also apparently blowing up Freeza's men? Those must be some really weak as *** soldiers.
By Zackan 2015-03-15 19:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »
All I care for, is someone besides Goku better be the saving grace this time. I'm super sick of everyone being cannon fodder until he can go Genki Dama or SSJ God.

From the trailers, it looks like he beats the ***out of Goku and Vegeta isn't even touched, so maybe....just maybe, Vegeta will be the hero this time and revenge his planet/race?

Or not, cause Dragon Ball is so poorly written it amazes me the universe doesn't just collapse on *** alone.

Also, what the *** did they do to Gohan, good god...he went from badass design vs Majin Buu to track star? lol

Kame Sennin also apparently blowing up Freeza's men? Those must be some really weak as *** soldiers.

Gohan did to Gohan.... Remember gohan is the same person who got a thrill out of the Saiyaman outfit, so is the track outfit really unreasonable?

And as far as Goku, sorry, but he will be the saving grace, end of story .. Dragonball series = Goku... end of story, thats all she wrote... don't like it? go cry in a corner^^(just kidding, but its true)
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-15 19:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing I hate the most about shonen series in general is the powering up of the main character and the relative weakening of the rest of the cast. That being said though:

Raditz -- Killed by Piccolo's SBC w/ Goku's Full Nelson.
Nappa -- Killed by Vegeta.
Vegeta -- Defeated but spared by Krillin, Gohan, Yajirobe, & Goku.
Ginyu Force -- Ultimately all killed by Vegeta.
Ginyu -- Hoisted by his own petard by Goku.
Frieza -- Killed by Future Trunks.
Cold -- Killed by Future Trunks.
Android 20 -- Killed by Vegeta.
Android 19/Dr. Gero -- Killed by Android 17.
Andriod 17 -- Eaten by Cell.
Android 18 -- Eaten by Cell and freed by Gohan.
Cell -- Killed by Gohan.
Babadi -- Killed by Majin Buu.
Majin Buu -- Killed by Goku's Genki Dama.

DBZ isn't THAT formulaic when it comes to offing its villains. It's not a Super Sentai or Magical Girl show.
By Zackan 2015-03-15 19:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
The thing I hate the most about shonen series in general is the powering up of the main character and the relative weakening of the rest of the cast. That being said though:

Raditz -- Killed by Piccolo's SBC w/ Goku's Full Nelson.
Nappa -- Killed by Vegeta. (off villain)
Vegeta -- Defeated but spared by Krillin, Gohan, Yajirobe, & Goku.
Ginyu Force -- Ultimately all killed by Vegeta.(off villains)
Ginyu -- Hoisted by his own petard by Goku.
Frieza -- Killed by Future Trunks. (finished off by trunks yes, but ultimately was brought down by Goku)
Cold -- Killed by Future Trunks.(off villain)
Android 20 -- Killed by Vegeta.(off villain)
Android 19/Dr. Gero -- Killed by Android 17. (off villain)
Andriod 17 -- Eaten by Cell.(off villain) (17 was freed along with 18)
Android 18 -- Eaten by Cell and freed by Gohan.(off villain)
Cell -- Killed by Gohan.(this is the only real MAIN boss NOT killed by Goku(though he could have, he went easy in his training because he wanted Gohan to do it, again its not that Goku couldn't, he chose not to)
Babadi -- Killed by Majin Buu. (off villain)
Majin Buu -- Killed by Goku's Genki Dama. (You could argue that Hercule is the real hero here.. he almost stopped Buu at the Fat buu stage, and only because he convinced the earthlings did goku get enough power to beat Kid Buu)

DBZ isn't THAT formulaic when it comes to offing its villains. It's not a Super Sentai or Magical Girl show.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-15 19:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont like too much is the abruptely burst of level up some shonen have to do. I seems too much incoherent when Goku was in original DB just a boy with what, 300 power? then goes 1000 against Raditz, 5000 against Nappa, 600k against ginyu, 1m against freeza then none bother to check those value anymore, it would be stupid. Then the new kids already are born being SSJ so, in theory with 1m of power, compared with 300 from Goku, it becames incoherent, but thats the natural step of a shonen, and if you consider FFXI, its the same. From an era that none could cap any stat to currently when we just dont have more stats to cap, and we need to go to stat II form, so in the future, expect our chars with 1m power, but no blond hair.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-15 19:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The kids weren't born SSJ, Future Trunks basically proves that, the way I see it Goten sparred with Chi Chi and Gohan, Trunks with Vegeta and then they sparred with eachother, so they progressed stupidly fast.

Gohan though, which they would just clarify why he doesn't go into Ultimate form anymore, he was originally meant to turn SSJ in BoG but I'm pretty sure people bitched and they just had him use his Ultimate form and still get dicked.

As for who will be the hero, Toriyama has said that he would like Vegeta to be the hero for a change, so here's hoping he saves the day, he would finally get to take out Freeza like he always wanted and get revenge for the oppression and destruction of his race.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-03-15 19:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

136~ > 428~ > 8000~ > 180,000 > WE STOPPED COUNTING.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-15 20:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Born as a ssj is just a way to say they got ssj too fast.

Akira toriyana idea was that an hybrid of human and ssj would be stupdly stronger than an original sayajin. And becoming ssj isnt a matter of training, but letting emotions flow, something like that.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-15 20:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't there an article stating that Akira Toriyama originally wanted to end the DBZ series after a certain point, but due to fan outrage, brand idolization, etc., that he was ultimately "forced" to continue the story, and he admitted that forcing the story to continue would result in a severely weakened plot delivery?
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-03-15 20:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Wasn't there an article stating that Akira Toriyama originally wanted to end the DBZ series after a certain point, but due to fan outrage, brand idolization, etc., that he was ultimately "forced" to continue the story, and he admitted that forcing the story to continue would result in a severely weakened plot delivery?

And he tried to pass the torch to Gohan but the fans wouldn't have that either.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2015-03-15 20:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

He wanted to end it after Freeza. Originally, Piccolo didn't survive and the Dragon Balls died permanently, with Goku dying also and saving the universe heroically. His editor and fans urged him to keep going and that's why stuff was changed so hectically, such as Vegeta coming back, Piccolo "barely" alive, and Goku finding Ginyu's pod and clearing a planet exploding in .5 seconds basically. Kaiou also didn't sense him, another plot hole.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-15 20:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

DB GT seems that case, as the series itself is very diferent of DBZ.

Mangas ending are determined mostly because of jump survey, thats why so many shonen have crappy ending.

DBZ, though, was a great manga from start to ending. I dont see how it could go beyond majin saga, even majin saga was a bit "out of context" as it wasnt related to almost anything in serie, but it had great moment due to new sayan generation. But at the end of majin saga, using a new generation wouldnt fit anymore.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-03-15 20:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I love Frieza's ringtone in the second video.
By Darkalenia 2015-03-15 20:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

All I care for, is someone besides Goku better be the saving grace this time.

I've seen this picture many times lately, but I can't find it to repost it here right now, ugh!!

But basically, it's a side-by-side comparison of screens from the original Frieza Saga and the events in this new movie.

It shows Frieza owning Vegeta on the left, while Goku steps up.
It shows Frieza owning Goku on the right, while Vegeta steps up.

If anyone can find the picture I'm talking about for me, PLEASE post it here. I believe this is exactly whats going to happen and Vegeta is going to be the Super Saiyan God this time. Note the end of Battle of Gods, the lines between Goku and Vegeta:

Vegeta: "Listen to me, Kakarot! The next time we need that kind of power, I'm the one who gets to be the God...are we clear?!"
Goku: "Ok, that's only fair!"
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-03-15 21:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you believe everything you hear on the internet, DBZ was supposed to end when Goku and Chichi got married. Then again when Goku killed Freiza. And then again when Gohan killed Cell.

20 years from now, there will be people talking about how it was supposed to end at the end of the buu saga.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-15 21:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
If you believe everything you hear on the internet, DBZ was supposed to end when Goku and Chichi got married. Then again when Goku killed Freiza. And then again when Gohan killed Cell.

20 years from now, there will be people talking about how it was supposed to end at the end of the buu saga.
The Bolded was in Dragon Ball, not Dragon Ball Z.

Again, it was something that came from Akira Toriyama himself, and had made repeated attempts to kill off Goku so he could focus on the development of other characters, and make it a generational storyline.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-03-15 21:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

And as far as I know, all three attempts to end the DBZ franchise originated from interviews with Akira Toriyama. Only his fourth attempt to end the franchise worked...at least for awhile.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-03-15 22:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

lol what I like is that aside from Android 19, every time Goku would have had his *** handed to him, he conveniently wasn't around.

Frieza form 1? Asleep in the rejuv tank. Android 17/18 when they took down all the Z fighters? He's home sick. Cell forms 1 and 2? sick or in the hyperbolic time chamber. Etc. etc.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-03-16 00:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well pointed out tiger ! I really wonder if lord bill's will play a part in his association withe freeza in this new movie. I know in battle of God's he made mention of freeza
By Zackan 2015-03-16 00:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkalenia said: »
All I care for, is someone besides Goku better be the saving grace this time.

I've seen this picture many times lately, but I can't find it to repost it here right now, ugh!!

But basically, it's a side-by-side comparison of screens from the original Frieza Saga and the events in this new movie.

It shows Frieza owning Vegeta on the left, while Goku steps up.
It shows Frieza owning Goku on the right, while Vegeta steps up.

If anyone can find the picture I'm talking about for me, PLEASE post it here. I believe this is exactly whats going to happen and Vegeta is going to be the Super Saiyan God this time. Note the end of Battle of Gods, the lines between Goku and Vegeta:

Vegeta: "Listen to me, Kakarot! The next time we need that kind of power, I'm the one who gets to be the God...are we clear?!"
Goku: "Ok, that's only fair!"

Goku can't go God again anyway, it wouldn't do anything. His body 'remember'd' the power, so.. yah
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-03-16 01:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Well pointed out tiger ! I really wonder if lord bill's will play a part in his association withe freeza in this new movie. I know in battle of God's he made mention of freeza
He mentioned killing him and was surprised that someone could kill Freezer before he did. Bills isn't a bad guy.
First Page 2 3