First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 136 137 138
 Asura.Tonic
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: tonic316
By Asura.Tonic 2018-06-05 00:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Habermas said: »
Looking for advice on afterglowing Burtgang.

First off: I use PLD solely for group-play (i.e. I never solo on it). In these settings i rarely -if ever- melee or even have sword drawn. As such the higher damage, parry- and swordskill from making Burtgang III wont really benefit me, and I will never have AG active. Afterglowing Burtgang for a few extra enmity seems a rather steep cost.
I'm curious if 1) I'm missing some benefits of AG'ing and 2) if sticking with the 119 non-AG myhtic is indeed a viable option like it seems to me.
I would be interested in the opionions of both AG and non-AG owners!
Thank you in advance.

why would you not have your sword drawn? lol. some melee dmg is better then no melee dmg
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-06-05 00:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tonic said: »

First off: I use PLD solely for group-play (i.e. I never solo on it). In these settings i rarely -if ever- melee or even have sword drawn. As such the higher damage, parry- and swordskill from making Burtgang III wont really benefit me, and I will never have AG active. Afterglowing Burtgang for a few extra enmity seems a rather steep cost.
I'm curious if 1) I'm missing some benefits of AG'ing and 2) if sticking with the 119 non-AG myhtic is indeed a viable option like it seems to me.
Thank you in advance.

why would you not have your sword drawn? lol. some melee dmg is better then no melee dmg

feeding tp for 10 points of dmg is worse than standing there not feeding tp >.>
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-06-05 03:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »

Thank you in advance.

feeding tp for 10 points of dmg is worse than standing there not feeding tp >.>

Depends on the fight whether that TP matters or not. As well, there is parry rate to consider when it comes to reducing mob TP gain. And if a PLD is sufficiently under attack they could make most hits for 0, which won't feed TP at all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2018-06-05 08:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you in advance.

Because you're super tanking?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-06-05 10:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Depends on the fight whether that TP matters or not. As well, there is parry rate to consider when it comes to reducing mob TP gain. And if a PLD is sufficiently under attack they could make most hits for 0, which won't feed TP at all.
Unless you're /RUN, you're going to be perma floored at 5% parry. 5% reduction in hits taken, vs the player's 20% floored hit rate when engaged. And while I don't recall the exact TP gain calcs for mobs, I'm under the impression that hitting a mob gives it more TP than being hit by one.(but feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken. I didn't bother to look up the calcs and math it out.)

In any case it seems to me that in terms of reducing TP gain for the mob, engaging is not an improvement.
By irrelliuss 2018-06-06 12:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been waiting few months and digging through a few years of this, and since it's not being updated I'm just going to ask.

It still has Souveran+1 used in every applicable slot for different sets, but it doesn't mention augs at all.
Which path mezzotinting for the Souveran+1 gear? I'm looking at the turtle, I like the VIT but is it overkill and should I go for the really high enmity?
By zaxtiss 2018-06-06 12:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

cap your cure pot received (30) or (35) don't remember then choose highest HP and eminty
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2018-06-06 13:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

irrelliuss said: »
I've been waiting few months and digging through a few years of this, and since it's not being updated I'm just going to ask.

It still has Souveran+1 used in every applicable slot for different sets, but it doesn't mention augs at all.
Which path mezzotinting for the Souveran+1 gear? I'm looking at the turtle, I like the VIT but is it overkill and should I go for the really high enmity?

Go with path C for Souveran.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-06-06 17:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Path D for head/hands.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-06-06 18:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

There's good use for a full set of C path Souv+1. Makes for epic High HP/enmity/PDT gear.

I started out with 4/5 C path and D path hands. I see little use for D path head. Capping PDT is easy in PLD sets. The goal on PLD is often to cap DT, which makes the excess PDT superfluous. Now if D path head aug was DT... /sigh.

Later after the +1 prices dropped I got a second pair of +1 hands and did C path on them. These being mostly for enmity actions while maintaining High HP/enmity. You can get higher enmity+ on hands, but they have crap HP+.

I also grabbed another body+1 and did D path for the refresh. Was very nice once I found I could maintain 3K+ HP and idle in +3 refresh.
By irrelliuss 2018-06-06 20:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a NQ body for the regen, but I'm conflicted on the head. The body, legs, and feet give +45 cure effect received, and do I need another 15%? Wouldn't it go over cap anyway(what exactly is the cap?)? Then it would be a choice between the 9Enmity or the 12VIT/4PDT.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-06-06 21:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure received cap is 30%. So any two C path pieces is going to cap you. Too bad really. would make for some amazing cures if we could actually use all of it.

C path is mainly about the HP/Enmity.

I went with C path on head because I'd want a C path head anyway for my high HP enmity set, and 12 vit doesn't really wow me. Nor do I need the 4% PDT. And since enmity+ gear reduces CE loss, having enmity+ in your tanking sets does actually do something.

But if you were strictly focused on reducing physical dmg you could consider D path head better.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-06-08 09:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure potency and cure potency received are multiplicative, not additive. So you wouldn't really think of it as an 80% cap. CP caps at 50%, CPR caps at 30%. Makes for a total gain of +95% over base.

And capping both on PLD isn't hard. What's hard is maintaining 3K+ HP, capped PDT/DT then CP and CPR.

My sets are in my AH profile. Some of them anyway. Disclaimer, they may or may not be up to date.

A few cure sets.

Standard set.
ItemSet 229593
Capped Cure+, cure received+, DT. Enmity+114 with Crusade. Doesn't concern itself with HP.

Cure HP set. The goal here is keeping HP above 3k, and then getting as much PDT/DT cure+/cure received+ as possible.
ItemSet 353475
66% PDT, 48% DT.Cure+35%, Cure received capped. This set takes a hit to cure potency in order to keep HP and DT high. Probably needs to be re-evaluated. I think there's room for improvement.

SIRD Cure set.
ItemSet 359409
105% Spell interruption down. Capped Cure+ and cure received. 62% PDT, 37% DT. Uninterruptible, high potency cures while maintaining high, but not capped, PDT.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2018-06-19 03:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for feedback on this hybrid set Ive hashed out.

ItemSet 359564

Souv. hands: Path D (HP+65, Shield skill+15, PDT-4%)

Souv. legs: Path C (HP+105, Cure received+15%)

Mantle: Dex+30, Acc+20, Att+20, DA + 10%, PDT-10%

Nets me a total of (before food):

• DT-36%

• PDT-14% (50% net)

• MDT-5% (41% net, capped with shell np)

• HP+799

• 25% Haste

• Acc+267

• Att+191

• DA+21

• S.TP +30

Not nearly as much HP as full turtle, but should be nearly capped Acc on most higher tier fights and significant DPS output.

Many of the pieces are common ones you'd want anyways, Flamma+2 feet, Mache+1 earring you already should have for Chant anyways, Sulevia mask+2 you should have for Savage Blade, and the backpiece is basically an almost perfect Chant back anyways too (you would prefer crit over DA but its a minor WS dmg gain)

The only piece here that is a large investment you normally might not go for is Cab. +3 body. Its pretty pricey but an amazing hybrid body as far as I see.

I was messing around with trying to fit in Cab +3 legs as well but I think the 23% Cure pot received on Souv legs is probably far better value for a hybrid set.

NQ Moon rings arent a big deal in lots of events, Rearing monster cheers or Vorseals can make up the 1~2% DT you would be missing easily.

By my calculations with sublime sushi you should be sitting at around 1350ish acc, which can handle a pretty large part of the game. Toss on a geo, cor, or bard and you should cap easily.

Thoughts?
 Shiva.Ahampt
user: Ahampt
By Shiva.Ahampt 2018-06-27 09:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone got a updated savage blade set I can look at
By aisukage 2018-06-27 13:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 359715

Just going to throw this out here. There may be better pieces but this just comes from the top of my head.

Odyssean = WSD 4~5, STR 10~15, with decent Acc/Atk
Cape = STR/WSD/Acc/Atk
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2018-06-30 18:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So i haven't given my pld real attention for years and i'm abit out of the loop.

Can someone please give me a run down of REMA swords? Dmg low man, dmg buffed, tanking (clearly burtgang - but how useful in reality is that pdtII-18? and how useful is AM from excali in reality?)

Also, a quick review of most useful relic and af +2/3 would be great.

Already have aegis and ochain for shields.

Cheers!
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-01 00:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Burt is extremely useful both for the PDT and the extra enmity. It can be a very powerful offensive weapon as well with the right sets. Not to mention u are n't completely defenseless, due to it's natural stats, when trying to dps. Along with a great phalanx set and 68% pdt, most things hit for 0 dmg except the 'harder' high level NMs. That being said, a PLD can get away with not having one nowadays for most content if their support is good, and their phalanx set is near perfect. Get the Burt though if you want to be a serious tank.

Aeonic is largely useless for PLD except if u want to have a nice Savage Blade DD toy and sets. With /war fencer bonus (+200 tp bonus, Moonshade Earring, Blurred Shield +1, and the TP bonus on the weapon itself, u can spam Savage at 1000 tp and get the 2000 tp boost. Although PLD can do some nice dmg with proper buffs and the right sets, it's never going to keep up with solid geared, and smart traditional DD jobs. (plus who wants a PLD dd anyways in a 'serious' fight) Basically, would be a toy to mess around with.

Empyrean is like the aeonic for the most part when it comes to PLD, except CDC is not nearly as good a WS for PLDs as it would be for other jobs. The Aftermath on Almace is nice, but again would be a toy to mess around with. Skip this one if u don't have BLU or even DD RDM sets. Guess it might be cool to have for dual wield PLD/NIN? Meh

I don't have Excalibur so I can't really comment on how good it's aftermath is if used instead of other defensive non RMEA swords. Regen +30 and Refresh +3 looks pretty good and might be valuable outside of escha. The way I look at it is if u 'need' the regen this sword will give you, you are taking too much damage already. If I did not have Burtgang, I would use Deacon Sword probably or Brilliance, maybe Nixxer.

AF Armor +3: Body--->Feet---->rest in my opinion

Relic Armor +3: (All have very high defense and vit ratings, higher than souveran) Feet--->Hands/Body--->rest (should 119 these at the very least for jas)

Current Empy +1: Feet/head--->rest (stored currently)
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2018-07-01 10:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the overview Lexouritis!

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
If I did not have Burtgang, I would use Deacon Sword probably or Brilliance, maybe Nixxer.

I currently use a mix of deacon (phalanx), nixxer (tank) and reikiko (dmg). Are you suggesting excalibur wouldn't replace non-rmea for my current uses? or not worth it for any realistic situation?

Anyone able to offer some info on reikiko dmg vs excalibur? I guess they kind of offer the same situational use - dmg when accuracy isn't an issue - with excalibur offering regen and refresh which is nice to have but definitely not game changing on targets you are using a dmg focused sword on.
By Taint 2018-07-03 08:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Calling Burt extremely useful seems like a stretch. The PDT has minimal use. The emnity is nice in old emnity zones but is hardly noticeable in Omen/Escha etc.

Aegis/HP/DT tank the game.

Its PLDs best sword for sure, but its more for the die hard PLD and completion-ist. For everyone else Excal is half the gil and a 1/10 of the effort to make. The refresh can be useful, KoR is solid at 1000tp and its a very good DPS option. (att/dmg/delay plus added effect procs)
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2018-07-03 08:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello guys, anyone has an updated Aeolian edge for PLD, that could share, thanks in advance

Also any input on Flyssa +1 vs Nixxer
By soralin 2018-07-05 01:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

New sword, requires Pld Mastered to equip:

Moralltach

DMG:180 Delay:260 HP+130 MP+70 Accuracy+50
Magic Accuracy+50 Magic Damage+217
Sword skill +269 Parrying skill +269 Magic Accuracy skill +255
Adds 3% of current HP to DEF

Using the following Hybrid set mentioned above:

ItemSet 359870

And the following Chant set:

ItemSet 359871

And the following swords against 'Apex Bat Lv136' on sheet gives the following dps spread:

Tanmogayi +1: 500.7

Sequence: 507.4

Moralltach: 530.4

Almace: 563.3

Considering the absolute mountain of defense the new sword gives on top of HP+130, it seems like it might give Burtgang a run for its money.

Except Burtgang still has all that enmity so it still probably wins, but the margin by which it wins is now much, much smaller.

Personally I will happily take my absolute unit of a mini-burtgang with glee.
 Bahamut.Newzarb
user: newzarb
By Bahamut.Newzarb 2018-07-05 03:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention there is a low chance you'll need to fight anything that isn't an NM if you've already mastered PLD.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-07-05 07:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »
Considering the absolute mountain of defense the new sword gives on top of HP+130, it seems like it might give Burtgang a run for its money.
Burtgang Utterly Crushes this sword.

At 3k HP Moralltach would give 90 def. Assuming /war or /BLU we'd be looking at +112 or 135 def. I'm not figuring an exact actual HP value for this, nor am I accounting for the HP+ on the sword itself. Because none of those matter enough to alter the end result.

Firstly, a bit of required reading on DEF vs PDT. See this post by motenten.

Now then. MY PLD's turtle set has 2222 def /war and 2654 /blu.

Starting at 50% PDT and 2222 def, it would take 93 def to equate to 2% additional PDT, and 142 to hit 3% equivalent. at +112 def on /war this is a bit above the 2% mark but not quite to 3%.

/BLU is much the same. While you get more def outta the sword via cocoon, you also need more def to get the same dmg reduction.

Starting at 2654 and 50% PDT, +135 def, again falls between 2~3% PDT. with 2% needig 111 def and 3% 170 def.

A snip from Motenten's very useful PDT vs Def spreadsheet.

To quote motenten on the use of this table;
Quote:
For the above table, for a given amount of starting defense on the left, you'd need to add the provided defense values (which are conservatively rounded) to match the PDT value at the top.

So, Moralltach is basically the equivalent of +2~3% PDTII in this comparison. Except, less. Because it's based on your current HP, which fluctuates with gearswaps and dmg taken. Ironically, when you're low on HP, and most need additional defenses, you get less def from this sword.

Burtgang has 18% PDTII. /curbstomp. Burt isn't winning via enmity+ here. But it has that too. And a hefty chunk of CE loss reduction.

I think that about covers the defensive side. I don't really have time to do any spreadsheet work DPS wise atm.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-05 09:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
I currently use a mix of deacon (phalanx), nixxer (tank) and reikiko (dmg). Are you suggesting excalibur wouldn't replace non-rmea for my current uses? or not worth it for any realistic situation?

Hard to say. Outside Escha I would say 'mostly' yes from a tanking standpoint. Inside Escha, I would say not as much if you have a healthy dose of Regen or Refresh vorseals AND support. If you are soloing NMs, Excalibur looks like it could change things in or outside escha. I think Phalanx sets are king when it comes to PLD defensive ***. Don't have Excalibur so I hesitate to say 'this is better than that.' It is cheap to make, so probably worth getting if not intending on making Burt.

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Anyone able to offer some info on reikiko dmg vs excalibur? I guess they kind of offer the same situational use - dmg when accuracy isn't an issue - with excalibur offering regen and refresh which is nice to have but definitely not game changing on targets you are using a dmg focused sword on.

From a DPS standpoint, Excal should beat Kirin Sword in or out of escha with the right buffs, (I have no math to back this up) but yeah situational things.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-05 09:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
Also any input on Flyssa +1 vs Nixxer

Flyssa +1 is useless, get Nixxer over this.
 Bahamut.Glizdus
user: Gli2duS
By Bahamut.Glizdus 2018-07-06 05:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I am looking at the JSE capes post and started to wonder why there is no DT5 variant.
If I'd build HP80 / EVA+MEVA20 / ENM10 / DT5 one for full time, whouldnt be a waste?
I've got Fast Cast / WS cape already and looking for set to cap my DT.
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 136 137 138