Destiny (PS4) Drama - 11 Year Old Gets Trolled.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Destiny (PS4) Drama - 11 year old gets trolled.
Destiny (PS4) Drama - 11 year old gets trolled.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-02-25 02:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »
It's a video game
If it was a run of Super Mario Bros., I might agree. If it was a game of Bejeweled, I might agree.

We're talking about willfully and maliciously destroying dozens or possibly hundreds of hours of someone's time and effort for no defensible reason. I may as well walk up to a Matisse painting and light it on fire. It's only canvas and pigment, after all, a pretty thing to look at before getting on with more important things like curing cancer and colonizing Mars and everything else you'll never do.
I wasn't defending kermit... What he did was terrible!

Seriously, how is everyone miscontruing this to the oposite of what I say?
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-25 02:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a video game
If it was a run of Super Mario Bros., I might agree. If it was a game of Bejeweled, I might agree.

We're talking about willfully and maliciously destroying dozens or possibly hundreds of hours of someone's time and effort for no defensible reason. I may as well walk up to a Matisse painting and light it on fire. It's only canvas and pigment, after all, a pretty thing to look at before getting on with more important things like curing cancer and colonizing Mars and everything else you'll never do.
I wasn't defending kermit... What he did was terrible!

Seriously, how is everyone miscontruing this to the oposite of what I say?

I think you misunderstand why people are offended at your previous comments. At this point, the offence has nothing to do with your opinion on kermit but your opinion on video game cheats in general. I don't even think anyone cares about your opinion on kermit at all which is why nobody really addresses it.
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-02-25 02:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This is news? Every online game I've ever played has people like this around every corner.

The most prevalent being Starbound, where it is extremely easy to convince people to add you their party, thereby giving them full permission to board and destroy everything on your ship. You cannot join a server for that game without having at least a dozen people doing this constantly. Most of them are dumbass kids though. The fact that a grown man would be spending his time in this way is kind of disgusting.

I'm also wondering what the purpose of this "Shared play" thing is on PS4 is.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-25 04:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
This is news? Every online game I've ever played has people like this around every corner.

The most prevalent being Starbound, where it is extremely easy to convince people to add you their party, thereby giving them full permission to board and destroy everything on your ship. You cannot join a server for that game without having at least a dozen people doing this constantly. Most of them are dumbass kids though. The fact that a grown man would be spending his time in this way is kind of disgusting.

I'm also wondering what the purpose of this "Shared play" thing is on PS4 is.

It became news because the video popped up on a bunch of gaming news and regular news sites. We all know it happens but there isn't always video proof going around of it.

As for the PS4 feature you're asking about, that's already been discussed in the first few pages with Kalila doing a great job explaining how it works for everyone that doesn't have a PS4.
 Asura.Aldrai
Server: Asura
user: Aldrai
By Asura.Aldrai 2015-02-25 05:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I was told once that I could get a Stone of Jordan ring glitched to me in Diablo 2. I just had to fill my inventory with all single gold pieces, let some guy kill me, and then go pick up my items.

Little did I know that all of my equipment would drop when he killed me again as my entire inventory was full with single gold pieces.

I lost everything. It was a valuable lesson to me to never trust anyone.
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2015-02-25 06:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
I completely disagree. Cheating in single player games is fine, but if if you're playing an online game and cheating, and what you're doing is affecting other players in ANY way (not running faster than them to get across town, that's nothing), then you should be banned.

Yeah, but when SE does that people get their pantaloons twisted since cheating in FFXI's endgame is the norm.

It's a video game

You'd think a bunch of "mature adult" MMO players could empathize with someone losing all their work. I have a feeling if some popular third party tool ended up being a backdoor for account hacking, and folks here started getting burned by it, then they'd be singing a different tune. They wouldn't be taking "well they learned a valuable lesson" for an answer.
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-02-25 07:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »

I've yet to run into that...must be on those really congested/laggy public servers.
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-21 21:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-9HKM8TEYA

this makes this look funny.
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2015-03-21 21:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Destiny drama is nothing like FF11 drama.

Most vets would only need to see one of these 2 things brought up:

Sky drops.
King Drops.

Let the ***fly!
 Phoenix.Yusshiryushi
Server: Phoenix
user: yusshi
By Phoenix.Yusshiryushi 2015-03-21 21:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

To OP:
Why the hell would a 11 years old play Destiny? Now honestly, this is nothing I wanted my kid to be around with.....
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2015-03-21 23:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Chrisstreb said: »
Destiny drama is nothing like FF11 drama.

Most vets would only need to see one of these 2 things brought up:

Sky drops.
King Drops.

Let the ***fly!

You forgot a certain hat and set of gloves from Dynamis.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2015-03-21 23:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-22 09:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sorry that i cant be sad for the kid in video 1 the one this thread is after. I have said it before watch his video and count the number of times he chould of just left the part or not hit the ok and walked away. that alone makes me not sad that this happened.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-03-22 09:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sorry that i cant be sad for the kid in video 1 the one this thread is after. I have said it before watch his video and count the number of times he chould of just left the part or not hit the ok and walked away. that alone makes me not sad that this happened.

I refer you back to the previous video posted by Euclids Cfinder...
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-03-22 10:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »

I refer you back to the previous video posted by Euclids Cfinder...
Let me ask this why is everyone getting mad at me for thinking both people in both videos should of known better?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7