Destiny (PS4) Drama - 11 Year Old Gets Trolled.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Destiny (PS4) Drama - 11 year old gets trolled.
Destiny (PS4) Drama - 11 year old gets trolled.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-02-21 09:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So, this little piece of news has been getting popular so I thought I'd share for those who haven't heard and may be interested.

Basically a 11 year-old boy, PSN: Cuckooknight was trolled by some adult dude with the PSN: KirmitTHEfrog pretty badly.

(The following is a copy/paste)

Quote:
From what I understand, in a nutshell: Cuckooknight joined a chat with his friend, who was accompanied by some random guy, KirmitTHEfrog. KirmitTHEfrog offered Cuckooknight a cheat-method in which to quickly gain levels for his Destiny character. Now it's worth mentioning that Cuckooknight wasn't looking to cheat, but rather, was talked into it.

KirmitTHEfrog told Cuckooknight that in order for the cheat to be done, KirmitTHEfrog would need to essentially take full control over Cuckooknight's game via a PlayStation4 feature "SharePlay".

Cuckooknight naively accepts and begins the shareplay. Trusting KermitTHEfrog, Cuckooknight briefly leaves the television screen, in this time, KirmitTHEfrog can be seen, via the television, logging out Cuckooknight's character for him, then proceeding to delete 2 of the three Destiny characters Cuckooknight had progressed. After the deletion of two, he logs back into the main character, and begins dropping rare items, Cuckooknight's manages to get back and quickly stop him, but unfortunately alot of damage was already done. After realizing the full damage, the kid breaks down in tears as alot of his legitimate progress was a erased, and not recoverable by any means.

A video of the whole ordeal is on Youtube, here:
YouTube Video Placeholder

So yeah, pretty harsh. Feel pretty bad when you hear him cry at the end. People on quite a lot of forums are making a stir in regards to this, wanting the troll who bullied this kid to have his Destiny character erased, etc. Alot of rage in defense for both people actually. Most are defending the kid of course, others saying he learned a valuable lesson, and shouldn't have sought to cheat, etc.

Bungie made a response due to the popularity and outrage this received, this is a quote from the community rep:
Quote:
Please be careful out there, kids. Bungie has some ideas for how we can make regrettable deletions like these less permanent. While we plan the right course of action (and build out new game features), protect your Guardians from sleazy online jerks – or dogs that step on your controller.

Apparently they also plan of helping the kid out somehow, too.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-21 10:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, what a complete ***.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-02-21 10:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

look up 6 year old trolled on minecraft it is even funnier

if he was cheating he got off easy in my eyes with just being made to cry he could of lost his account.

sorry i have zero tolerance for cheaters and modders.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-21 10:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a mean thing to do but kids have to learn not to fall for obvious scams like this at some point.
[+]
By swordwiz 2015-02-21 11:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

just shows some people have to much time on there hands
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-02-21 11:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

swordwiz said: »
[+]
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2015-02-21 11:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure there is a hundred different opinions, but I say good. This kid just got a hard learned lesson about trusting strangers and taking the easy route. Stop putting kids in bubbles and let them learn some life lessons on their own.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-21 11:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »

if he was cheating he got off easy in my eyes with just being made to cry he could of lost his account.

I don't think the intent of posting this was to find humor in it, as the OP states the kid was talked into cheating. Peer pressure gets to a 11-year-old easier than an adult.

Also, most mods I've seen, while they were for Skyrim and Oblivion, weren't really to cheat. Many are encouraged by developers, I've heard talk that Bethesda actually looks at mods to get ideas for stuff in new games. While I don't know if it's true or not, I really hope they don't include some of the horse mods from Skyrim into TESVI. >.>
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-02-21 11:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are awfull to find this funny or blame the kid.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-02-21 12:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This kid just learned that if it sounds too good to be true it's usualy is, luckily all he lost was some stuff from a game and not somthing real, yea it sucks but it's a very good lesson for him.
The dood who did it is no better that the ppl running the common scams you see 20 times a day on the Internet(and just abit worse since it wasent for gain it was just to be a ***). In the end this kid learnd somthing the hard way and will be better for it.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-21 12:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
I agree it's horrible to find it funny but...

Shiva.Eightball said: »
This kid just learned that if it sounds too good to be true it's usualy is, luckily all he lost was some stuff from a game and not somthing real, yea it sucks but it's a very good lesson for him.
The dood who did it is no better that the ppl running the common scams you see 20 times a day on the Internet(and just abit worse since it wasent for gain it was just to be a ***). In the end this kid learnd somthing the hard way and will be better for it.
...I also agree with this, lesson learned.
[+]
 Bismarck.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Bismarck.Valmur 2015-02-21 12:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Blame the kid.

His own fault.
By Israfelx 2015-02-21 12:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »

I fully agree with this.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-02-21 12:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

I would agree with that, too. And it wasn't over something serious, like this person doing something physical or abusive to the kid. Sure, the kid will get upset for a few weeks, but after a while, he'll get over it when he realizes that it's just a dumb video game. Instead, he'll get a lesson in learning that not everyone in the world should be trustworthy upon meeting them; a valuable lesson over something that isn't serious.

I mean sure, it sucks. But I know I'm not the only one here who has accidentally gotten your save state overwritten in a game like FFVII or something and had to start everything over from square one.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-02-21 12:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »

I don't think the intent of posting this was to find humor in it, as the OP states the kid was talked into cheating. Peer pressure gets to a 11-year-old easier than an adult.

Also, most mods I've seen, while they were for Skyrim and Oblivion, weren't really to cheat. Many are encouraged by developers, I've heard talk that Bethesda actually looks at mods to get ideas for stuff in new games. While I don't know if it's true or not, I really hope they don't include some of the horse mods from Skyrim into TESVI. >.>
Yes peer pressure can be what you call it to a point i think. At 11 i was able to tell what was a scam and what was not. If i did not know it was a scam it clicked rather fast for me that i should not do this or even after getting a runescape account hackekd once or twice helped as well. but This kid from what i was watching had like 4 chances to stop the share play and even the party chat message.

Yes i know it is wrong to mess with him even if we are just talking about i am sorry but i cant feel any thing for this kid it will take him two days to redo what he lost.
 Bahamut.Nixak
Server: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2015-02-21 12:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So what I am understanding is that as long as the victim is not physically hurt from what ever "scam" happens then it is the victims fault it happened?
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-02-21 12:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I'm not blaming the victim. The perpetrator is definitely at fault, here. I'm not condoning his actions one bit. What I am saying though is that the severity of the action was much lower than it could have been.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-02-21 12:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I would agree with that, too. And it wasn't over something serious, like this person doing something physical or abusive to the kid. Sure, the kid will get upset for a few weeks, but after a while, he'll get over it when he realizes that it's just a dumb video game. Instead, he'll get a lesson in learning that not everyone in the world should be trustworthy upon meeting them; a valuable lesson over something that isn't serious.

I mean sure, it sucks. But I know I'm not the only one here who has accidentally gotten your save state overwritten in a game like FFVII or something and had to start everything over from square one.
A friend once saved over my FFVIII save on disc 3. Luckily I had a copy on another card.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-02-21 12:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nixak said: »
So what I am understanding is that as long as the victim is not physically hurt from what ever "scam" happens then it is the victims fault it happened?
I am not at all saying that. I am saying i cant feel sorry for him in this case,only for the fact like i said he had more then 2 chances to leave and walk away and maybe just go play with his friends and block this guy like the rest of us do or report him and go do other things.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-02-21 12:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend once saved over my FFVIII save on disc 3. Luckily I had a copy on another card.
I have three brothers. I learned long ago to make multiple copies. But yeah... I was just about to beat Sephiroth.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-02-21 12:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nixak said: »

In this day and age if he didn't know to not give personal information out over the internet( or let someone take control of your online account) then yes it is your fault for believing it.
If I fell for the "you will receive an inheritance of 5m all you have to do is pay a 1k service fee" scam there would be no one to blame but myself for being an idiot. Luckily this kid learned that same lesson with somthing not so important in life.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-02-21 12:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

heh heh hahahahah HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA HAH AHAHHHHHHHHH OOOOOOOOH HAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA Yes.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-21 12:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I blame the parents. Destiny is rated T so the kid shouldn't have been playing at all or only with an adult present.

Hell, the kid shouldn't have been allowed to play 90% of games made in the last 5 years unless an adult was present.

I don't think there's any reason for this to be funny either though.
[+]
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-21 12:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »
I blame the parents. Destiny is rated T so the kid shouldn't have been playing at all or only with an adult present.

Hell, the kid shouldn't have been allowed to play 90% of games made in the last 5 years unless an adult was present.

And yet somehow it is.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-21 13:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taidis said: »
Ragnarok.Orlind said: »

And yet somehow it is.

It would be funny to me if I forgot that there's a hurt kid, a moronic bully and stupid parents in the mix.

Trolling has always been the stupidest form of humour to me as it always results in actually harming or messing with someone for the pleasure of one or few. Might actually be better if the target was allowed to join in after but they never are. Its just a new name for bullying and that has never been funny to me.
[+]
 Asura.Lauriant
user: Lauriant
By Asura.Lauriant 2015-02-21 13:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol they addded a option like that to a game and expected nothing bad to happen sad sad destiny creators
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-21 13:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

LEGIT THE FUNNIEST *** THING I'VE SEEN ON THIS FORUM IN QUITE SOME TIME.

10 STARS

NO, ***, 11.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-21 13:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lauriant said: »
Lol they addded a option like that to a game and expected nothing bad to happen sad sad destiny creators

I thought the option was added by Sony as part of the system software, not Bungie as part of the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.
 Asura.Lauriant
user: Lauriant
By Asura.Lauriant 2015-02-21 13:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh you could be right then it's on Sony my bad thought destiny did it. Either way just asking for trouble with something like that.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7