Destiny (PS4) Drama - 11 Year Old Gets Trolled.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Destiny (PS4) Drama - 11 year old gets trolled.
Destiny (PS4) Drama - 11 year old gets trolled.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-02-21 13:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand the point of SharePlay even less now.

I'd really like to know how old the dickless wonder-douche was who felt that picking on a 5th grader was a useful expenditure of his time. I'd also like to chain him to a wall in a salt mine for a day or two.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-21 13:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought SharePlay was to allow your friends to help you by taking over at your discretion. Almost like passing the controller to each other in one-player games in the old days.

Passing over control to a stranger was probably never the intent of the feature and wouldn't have happened if the kid was properly supervised.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-02-21 13:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing Destiny doesn't require supervision. The only mistake the parents made was letting the kid use a headset, an 11 year old doesn't need to be talking to strangers, especially when there are people out there that enjoy making kids cry.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-21 13:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Playing Destiny doesn't require supervision. The only mistake the parents made was letting the kid use a headset, an 11 year old doesn't need to be talking to strangers, especially when there are people out there that enjoy making kids cry.

The game is rated T and the last time I checked, 11 wasn't old enough. The mistake was letting the kid have the game at all as it doesn't take an adult to pull this kind of stunt.

Any responsible parent would have the brains to at least consider the ratings and supervision with these types of games. Or at least have a talk with their kids about online interactions if they deem the kid mature enough.

I almost want to slap every single parent I see about to buy their 9 year-old a Grand Theft Auto game. At least most of them listen and don't buy the game after I explain the ratings and what's in the game in question.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-02-21 13:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is blaming the child for being a child. We're just saying this is a better way to learn about hucksters than buying your first used car.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-02-21 13:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh please. I played Resident Evil 1 at the age of 12. Brutal game. Then I played the sequel, both rated M. The classic shooter, Goldeneye, at the age of 12. Rated T. And guess what? So did everyone else.

Look at the back of Destiny if you are a fool like me and haven't gotten around to trading it. Animated Blood and Violence. I played the whole game didn't see a drop of blood, animated or otherwise. The violence is tame, Bungie's games have always been for everyone. There is no reason an 11 year can't play the single player of Destiny.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-21 14:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh please. I played Resident Evil 1 at the age of 12. Brutal game. Then I played the sequel, both rated M. The classic shooter, Goldeneye, at the age of 12. Rated T. And guess what? So did everyone else.

Look at the back of Destiny if you are a fool like me and haven't gotten around to trading it. Animated Blood and Violence. I played the whole game didn't see a drop of blood, animated or otherwise. The violence is tame, Bungie's games have always been for everyone. There is no reason an 11 year can't play the single player of Destiny.

I'm not saying no kid should be allowed to play Destiny. I'm saying this kid shouldn't have as he obviously never had a talk about online interactions or have responsible parents.

And our situation in the 90s in relation to the ESRB is not the same as it is now. The ratings weren't as prominent or explained well back then nor were the graphics as realistic. I remember being able to lie to my little sister about what was going on in Resident Evil 2 because the graphics weren't realistic enough.

Compare that to Resident Evil 6 and I couldn't do that to my own daughter with the same exact lie. She knew right away people weren't just sick and that wasn't just puke. I also taught her much better so I do let her play games made for older people as long as I'm around.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-02-21 14:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lauriant said: »
Lol they addded a option like that to a game and expected nothing bad to happen sad sad destiny creators
it was not bungie who added the share play it was sony.
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-02-21 14:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I can top that I was around 10-11(I was 13 it felt younger maybe even 12 when i played it) when i played drakengard at that age

a game that you kill your dragon in one of the endings and his orgens and blood slowly go down the screen.

but ya i had played golden eye and some of the more darker older games and i turned out fine. + i had a clue it was A GAME.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-21 14:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Nobody is blaming the child for being a child. We're just saying this is a better way to learn about hucksters than buying your first used car.

My parents taught me that lesson by letting me send in my $20 allowance for what turned out to be a scam disguised as part-time work. I let my daughter get scammed too but only for in-game currency and not much of it.

I don't see any reason to blame the kid here, either.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2015-02-21 14:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kid shouldn't have been on
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-02-21 14:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
I understand the point of SharePlay even less now.

I'd really like to know how old the dickless wonder-douche was who felt that picking on a 5th grader was a useful expenditure of his time. I'd also like to chain him to a wall in a salt mine for a day or two.

This is one of the videos of the guy, where you can get a pretty good look at him. He's been getting abuse for it everywhere and on pretty much all of his youtube videos. Deserves whatever he gets.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-21 14:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That... Is not a man. Hope he really is dickless as procreation should prohibited.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-02-21 14:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

Yep, none of that can be found in Destiny. Next.
By Wordspoken 2015-02-21 14:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Deserves whatever he gets.
Highly disagree. Some punishment is in order of course, but that's not the same to launch free for all offensive against him.

If we are to call our society a civilized one, we are not taking law into our own hands. That is, if we are to be the good guys here.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-21 14:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

Yep, none of that can be found in Destiny. Next.

Pretty sure that violence is included and even if it's not, doesn't mean the content wouldn't still be recommended for ages 13 and up. Plus, didn't you just say your copy said it had animated blood and violence?
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-21 14:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Deserves whatever he gets.
Highly disagree. Some punishment is in order of course, but that's not the same to launch free for all offensive against him.

If we are to call our society a civilized one, we are not taking law into our own hands. That is, if we are to be the good guys here.

I begrudgingly must agree with you even though I want to go "T for Teen" on this guy xD
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-21 14:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, you guys are all literally ***. A smelly pile of ***.

Regardless of the naivete, what happened to this kid *** sucks and while he'll no doubt learn a lesson no one deserves to have their characters junked by some ***. Funny, most of you would have cried if someone ***on your XI accounts during your primes.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-02-21 14:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the parents take away his headset, the gaming world needs less 11 year olds with headsets. Better sparth?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-02-21 15:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the parents take away his headset, the gaming world needs less 11 year olds with headsets. Better sparth?

Doesn't even matter. He's 11, so what? Getting trolled by some dickbag on the internet is just as possible at that age as it is at 16-20+ Doing horrible ***for the lulz is an ageless art. We managed to do it in XI without headsets for years.

I rarely condone vigilante justice but Dickbag McBasement could do with a taste of his own medicine. Not so funny when your email gets hacked and you're panicking. Or someone breaks into your online accounts.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-02-21 15:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The progress he lost is pretty significant too, Destiny is pretty notorious for it's hideous RNG that is pretty much everywhere in game.

He had some high level characters, some very good/rare weapons, etc.

I'd never want to start over from the battle with this RNG.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-02-21 15:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
You guys are awfull to find this funny or blame the kid.
See it that way: the guy is an *** and deserves some kind of punishment, but at least the kid learned something out of this bad situation.

Now, if the kid gets scammed again, he'll be to blame and it may or may not be actually funny.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-02-21 15:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
I agree it's horrible to find it funny but...

Shiva.Eightball said: »
This kid just learned that if it sounds too good to be true it's usualy is, luckily all he lost was some stuff from a game and not somthing real, yea it sucks but it's a very good lesson for him.
The dood who did it is no better that the ppl running the common scams you see 20 times a day on the Internet(and just abit worse since it wasent for gain it was just to be a ***). In the end this kid learnd somthing the hard way and will be better for it.
...I also agree with this, lesson learned.
I would agree with that, too. And it wasn't over something serious, like this person doing something physical or abusive to the kid. Sure, the kid will get upset for a few weeks, but after a while, he'll get over it when he realizes that it's just a dumb video game. Instead, he'll get a lesson in learning that not everyone in the world should be trustworthy upon meeting them; a valuable lesson over something that isn't serious.

I mean sure, it sucks. But I know I'm not the only one here who has accidentally gotten your save state overwritten in a game like FFVII or something and had to start everything over from square one.
A friend once saved over my FFVIII save on disc 3. Luckily I had a copy on another card.
12 years old and away on vacation for a month, i let my friend borrow my memory card for some shared games we had. On this memory card i had a FFVIII save on disc 4... anyways he decided to let another kid borrow the card and this kid decides to pawn it.... to this day i hate that kid with all my being
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-21 15:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
See it that way: the guy is an *** and deserves some kind of punishment, but at least the kid learned something out of this bad situation.

Now, if the kid gets scammed again, he'll be to blame and it may or may not be actually funny.

I would blame both the kid and the parents as well because they should all be extra vigilant after this. The parents would be fools to think "its just a game, who cares?", which I think they may end up doing to the detriment of the child.
 Lakshmi.Bleu
user: Bleu
By Lakshmi.Bleu 2015-02-21 15:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised to see a gamer community get so defensive about a kid playing a T game. Destiny is one of the tamest FPS games I've ever seen.

At that age, me and most of my friends were playing Mortal Kombat, watching Terminator 2, and listening to Dr. Dre. And yeah, remember Night Trap?

I also had super protective parents, but also like many kids... I was pretty damn clever about getting to do what I wanted to do.

When I was about that age, some sick *** locked me in a camping tent that was setup in a department store when my parents were distracted for a minute. This guy is an online version of the same predatory behavior. I hope Bungie perma-bans that ***.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-02-21 15:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Bleu said: »
I'm surprised to see a gamer community get so defensive about a kid playing a T game. Destiny is one of the tamest FPS games I've ever seen.

At that age, me and most of my friends were playing Mortal Kombat, watching Terminator 2, and listening to Dr. Dre. And yeah, remember Night Trap?

I also had super protective parents, but also like many kids... I was pretty damn clever about getting to do what I wanted to do.

When I was about that age, some sick *** locked me in a camping tent that was setup in a department store when my parents were distracted for a minute. This guy is an online version of the same predatory behavior. I hope Bungie perma-bans that ***.
When halo 4 came out my 12 year old cousin wanted it. he got straight A's for 6 months, did extra chores and everything to "earn" it. His mom knew i played games all the time and asked me if it was decent for him. I explained i thought it would be fine but to watch the online play because you cant control what others say, and she said they had already thought about that and he accepted the fact he couldnt play online, was just getting it to play with friends and story mode
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-02-21 15:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Bleu said: »

I think you're reading things a bit off-base here. We blame the parents for letting him play and not probably educating him beforehand or being responsible parents to begin with. We don't expect him to read the rating but we do expect his parents to.

You and I aren't very different in ages and I got to do some of the things you did too. But that was a different age and video games were still widely considered "a kid's toy" back then. Do you remember the crazy news blitz regarding MK back then or its impact on pop culture at your age? Me either.

We live in a different time now where parents should be vastly more informed about video games and to check the ratings. As we speak, I am randomly and regularly checking what my kid is doing on her online game. I am also in communication with her about what she sees while watching the anime we have on and am ready to explain anything to her. Its stupidly easy to do when you have an interest in your own child's interests.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-02-21 16:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I played those games and previous when no proper rating system existed.

I remember that the first game that I saw with a rating system was GTA and the shop cashier actually sold it to me when I told him I didn't know what to buy (I was 9-10).
So yeah, rating stuff only apply to a handful of kids that have mental issues.

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

I would blame both the kid and the parents as well because they should all be extra vigilant after this. The parents would be fools to think "its just a game, who cares?", which I think they may end up doing to the detriment of the child.
We're players, it's different.

If my kid reported being hacked and his Orochi Agito +10 (3) being dropped on PSO2, I'd understand that it's a pretty big loss and I'd feel really bad for him. But I'd know how to make it up to him.
Whereas parents that have no clue about video games can't do much other than the usual support.

I don't even know why anyone would blame the parents or the kid, both thought processes are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. The kid was abused by an adult because he was naive, he learned a lesson, Bungie will try to help him/deal with the situation. The guy who abused was an *** and needs to be punished, the kid needs to be helped if possible, that's about it.
Even if you teach the kid beforehand, if he has a naive nature, he'll need to experience something to learn. Thinking that you can 100% teach something to a kid and have him/her avoid any related problem in life forever is an utopia.

I don't get why it's taking such big proportions, though. This is an everyday story at best. Maybe the fact that he cried makes it above average, maybe.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7