Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 127 128 129 ... 176 177 178
By SimonSes 2021-02-18 09:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
xHit may not be as precise as tp per round and tp per second, but it is an easy and effective way to communicate and its still valuable.

I dont know about that. What valuable conclusion you can get from comparing one set with lets say 10%TA and 30%DA and 12hit and its 2 axes vs Axe/dagger set with 30%TA and 20%DA and 16hit and Fencer build with mythic with 5%TA, 5%DA and 8hit?

There is literally nothing you can conclude from here unless you actually calculate tp per round and tp per second. Otherwise its pure guessing.
 Asura.Briko
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-02-18 09:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
xHit may not be as precise as tp per round and tp per second, but it is an easy and effective way to communicate and its still valuable.

I dont know about that. What valuable conclusion you can get from comparing one set with lets say 10%TA and 30%DA and 12hit and its 2 axes vs Axe/dagger set with 30%TA and 20%DA and 16hit and Fencer build with mythic with 5%TA, 5%DA and 8hit?

There is literally nothing you can conclude from here unless you actually calculate tp per round and tp per second. Otherwise its pure guessing.

With the introduction of Angwu, I dont think there is any situation now where bst would offhand a dagger. As for multiattack, Double Attack is not optimal to use with AM3 because of the way the game checks multi attack. QA > TA > DA > OO3 > OO2
By SimonSes 2021-02-18 09:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Briko said: »
As for multiattack, Double Attack is not optimal to use with AM3 because of the way the game checks multi attack. QA > TA > DA > OO3 > OO2

Im well aware of this, but im not sure how that well known fact is connected to the point Im trying to make? :)

With the introduction of Angwu, I dont think there is any situation now where bst would offhand a dagger.

Idk, its probably not bis for master focused Decimation build. At least it doesnt look like it would be.

Also dagger offhand was only an easy example. There is really plenty of things that wont make one 10hit build equal to other 10hit build. It was okish in 2006 when you barely have any multi attack, delays where similar, there was not much tp choices at all etc. Currently when you say this build is 8hit build, I have no idea if thats fast or slow. I would need to calculate how much tp per sec it is, then I would know.
At least thats my opinion :)
 Asura.Wax
By Asura.Wax 2021-02-18 09:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of augments is everyone targeting during this DM campaign? I've been focusing on the Primal Rend set to try to get lucky w/WSD+ and MAB.
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-02-18 10:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

As for multiattack, Double Attack is not optimal to use with AM3 because of the way the game checks multi attack. QA > TA > DA > OO3 > OO2

Im well aware of this, but im not sure how that well known fact is connected to the point Im trying to make? :)

With the introduction of Angwu, I dont think there is any situation now where bst would offhand a dagger.

Idk, its probably not bis for master focused Decimation build. At least it doesnt look like it would be.

Also dagger offhand was only an easy example. There is really plenty of things that wont make one 10hit build equal to other 10hit build. It was okish in 2006 when you barely have any multi attack, delays where similar, there was not much tp choices at all etc. Currently when you say this build is 8hit build, I have no idea if thats fast or slow. I would need to calculate how much tp per sec it is, then I would know.
At least thats my opinion :)
This hit is 8 hit pre WS. 7.42 hit post WS, the delay is 2.12seconds,

If we get +4 bonus attacks from the 5% TA/20% OAT/40% OA2. Would only need just 2 combat rounds (4.24 seconds) to 1k.

Rough numbers for the multi attack, will have exact statisticial avg soon. I am almost done with my calculator (work computer though, cant post it til I get home)

Already finding avenues to optimize even further with this info :) ill post sets tonight after testing
[+]
 Asura.Beanen
By Asura.Beanen 2021-02-18 12:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wax said: »
What kind of augments is everyone targeting during this DM campaign? I've been focusing on the Primal Rend set to try to get lucky w/WSD+ and MAB.

I have been hoping for the same! WSD/MAB for Primal Rend.
By ikudosi 2021-02-18 13:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have the actual tests on hands regarding the pup's animator? I've been testing myself (Neo vs P+1) and Neo falls behind.
 Asura.Beanen
By Asura.Beanen 2021-02-18 13:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ikudosi said: »
Do you have the actual tests on hands regarding the pup's animator? I've been testing myself (Neo vs P+1) and Neo falls behind.

I do not. My suggestion to Larrymc was that it needed to be tested. I dont even have PUP.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-18 13:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Initial testing I did showed it wasn’t working on ranged attacks from the puppet but did work on the melee pet. I think I heard that it was an accepted bug report on the official forums
 Asura.Beanen
By Asura.Beanen 2021-02-18 14:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Asura.Beanen said: »
Shiva.Larrymc said: »
I know this is the BST forum, but PUPs also got a similar new stat on the neo animator - automation : damage+10 - I am assuming based on all of the extremely awesome and thorough research on the BST Agwu's Axe with similar stat of pet: Melee damage+10, that this animator is now the best (even without augments) and surpasses the P+1 that has the automation: stat+20.

There is a possibility there but would def require testing to see if its the same case, also a possibility that the pup one may extent to ranged/magic damage as the BST says Melee.

We know it works on ranged. Unclear if it works on magic.

From the February release notes:
Resolved Issues
The issue wherein the Automaton: DMG+10 effect of the Neo Animator failed to apply to ranged attacks.

I think they fixed it.
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-02-18 17:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I've got my spreadsheet/calculator working properly. Here are some results for this set:
ItemSet 378149

Assumptions:
- 100% accuracy (Will be editing the calc later for 95% acc variant)
- Statistical average on multi attack (obviously more or less could happen)
- Regain not factored in (yet!)
- Max Magic Haste
- No SAM roll

Primal Rend TP return to 1k tp: 7.31 Hits
Avg hits/round: 2.8
Sub Nin + AM3: 5.21 seconds to 1k post WS.

Going to be using this calc to min-max an even better set, both master + pet and Master only. I know the master+pet set isn't super necessary or useful, but I enjoy having the option available.

EDIT:
As a comparison, the set on the front page for Max Buff (non-AM) is 5.883 seconds to 1k TP.
And 4.984 with AM up.
So prelim results show more multi-attack is indeed superior to pure STP. This makes me rethink alot!

EDIT 2:
So I've been running numbers and so far I cannot find a better TP set than these:

ItemSet 378167
QA-2 Boots:
Dolichenus - 5.462 sec
Aymur - 4.718 sec

DA-5 Boots:
Dolichenus - 5.507
Aymur - 4.775

ItemSet 378168
This set for AM, boots with 5 DA or 2 QA beat out malignance.

Dolci: 5.546
Aymur AM3: 4.645

In both scenario's, a valorous body w/ 3 QA will beat out anything by a decent margin.

Observant, you will notice the lack of dual wield! Surprisingly the complete lack of dual wield is a net TP/sec increase, I assume because Axe's higher delays put them in the second TP tier whereas sword/dagger/katana are in the lower tier.

Final finding, Sub DNC over Sub NIN if you can keep Haste Samba up will net about a half second faster on all sets!!!
[+]
By Ozaii 2021-02-19 02:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy hell you just answered quite a bit about melee bsts in this. I am super stoked to read and learn about the tp tiers and axes vs swords and such. This is very impressive.

Ok, I've got my spreadsheet/calculator working properly. Here are some results for this set:
ItemSet 378149

Assumptions:
- 100% accuracy (Will be editing the calc later for 95% acc variant)
- Statistical average on multi attack (obviously more or less could happen)
- Regain not factored in (yet!)
- Max Magic Haste
- No SAM roll

Primal Rend TP return to 1k tp: 7.31 Hits
Avg hits/round: 2.8
Sub Nin + AM3: 5.21 seconds to 1k post WS.

Going to be using this calc to min-max an even better set, both master + pet and Master only. I know the master+pet set isn't super necessary or useful, but I enjoy having the option available.

EDIT:
As a comparison, the set on the front page for Max Buff (non-AM) is 5.883 seconds to 1k TP.
And 4.984 with AM up.
So prelim results show more multi-attack is indeed superior to pure STP. This makes me rethink alot!

EDIT 2:
So I've been running numbers and so far I cannot find a better TP set than these:

ItemSet 378167
QA-2 Boots:
Dolichenus - 5.561 sec
Aymur - 4.718 sec

DA-5 Boots:
Dolichenus - 5.607
Aymur - 4.775

ItemSet 378168
This set for AM, boots with 5 DA or 2 QA beat out malignance.

Aymur AM3: 4.512

In both scenario's, a valorous body w/ 3 QA will beat out anything by a decent margin.

Observant, you will notice the lack of dual wield! Surprisingly the complete lack of dual wield is a net TP/sec increase, I assume because Axe's higher delays put them in the second TP tier whereas sword/dagger/katana are in the lower tier.

Final finding, Sub DNC over Sub NIN if you can keep Haste Samba up will net about a half second faster on all sets!!!

If you were to swap baldurs for sherida what would the difference be in your set A and your Set. And if its a decent jump whats the closest second.
By SimonSes 2021-02-19 06:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, in vacuum dual wield+ would be a TP increase. Going from 25%DW to 36%DW only reduce TP by 11~12.5% (not sure on exact rounding), while increasing swing speed by ~17%. It must be additional stats you gain on waist and ear that outweigh the gain from Dual Wield.

This is exactly what I meant tho!! When you actually start to calculate this instead of going with some 15 late old standards you discover things like this, that completely breaks what was believed to be the only way for years.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-02-19 07:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone frustrated with how good Dolci is/continues to be going forward? (Especially with the new Ody Set)

Prior to this I was going to R15 Guttler just for the consistent damage and self skillchains. But with all that extra PDL I might be best off spamming Decimation for sure.

My only real gripe about BST getting all this PDL is the lack of native attack buffs to take advantage of it. I really think native dual wield would fix this problem.

The other option I really like is Pangu Path B with the tp bonus axe offhand. It makes for some fairly nice Mistral/Calamity/CloudSplitter spam.

I don't really have it in me to make an Aymur
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-02-19 09:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Anyone frustrated with how good Dolci is/continues to be going forward? (Especially with the new Ody Set)

Prior to this I was going to R15 Guttler just for the consistent damage and self skillchains. But with all that extra PDL I might be best off spamming Decimation for sure.

My only real gripe about BST getting all this PDL is the lack of native attack buffs to take advantage of it. I really think native dual wield would fix this problem.

The other option I really like is Pangu Path B with the tp bonus axe offhand. It makes for some fairly nice Mistral/Calamity/CloudSplitter spam.

I don't really have it in me to make an Aymur

The ambuscade weapons were a mistake in general, at least naegling, shining one and Dolci.

Ozaii said: »
If you were to swap baldurs for sherida what would the difference be in your set A and your Set. And if its a decent jump whats the closest second.

Balders swap to Sherida:
Set A:
Aymur AM: 4.679
Dolci: 5.326

Set B:
Aymur AM: 4.538
Dolci: 5.443

The dolci numbers in the first post are a tad high because I forgot to swap the WS store tp amount, will adjust shortly. Also, the conserve TP +7 from fotia is not factored in.

~Looks like sherida is better than balders by a bit :O
[+]
By Ozaii 2021-02-19 14:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Great news dude. Saving gils always rocks.

Now for the question on dw. Since you stated going without dw on gear is better for stp.

Does that mean as little dw as possible is going to perform better for our stp gain on bst with axe. Or is there a sweet spot. Like would sub dnc be better for tp gain then sub nin cuz of lower dw from sub.
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-02-19 15:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Now for the question on dw. Since you stated going without dw on gear is better for stp.

Does that mean as little dw as possible is going to perform better for our stp gain on bst with axe. Or is there a sweet spot. Like would sub dnc be better for tp gain then sub nin cuz of lower dw from sub.
Dual Wield and Martial Arts lower the base delay of the weapons so your tp gain is reduced when all other factors are the same. I've found that these sets so far have a faster rate of return TP per second going without dual wield in favor of more store tp. DNC sub is always faster than NIN sub if you can maintain haste samba.

I believe there is a comfort in knowing a tp set with dual wield has more potential to be consistent, because relying solely on multi attack is still a dice roll. The numbers I post do assume that you are hitting statistical averages, of course you could come up short on an attack round and the time to tp would take longer, likewise you could come up with multiple quad attacks in a row and your time would come up faster. Dual wield builds help remove the variance but have a higher average time.

I'm going to be running a few events using the no dual wield sets (as soon as lilith drops the damn hands...) and see if its noticeable.
By SimonSes 2021-02-19 16:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no sweet spot. Less than 36% DW is always the loss, the idea here is not that less DW increases tp gain. The idea is that it's still a loss, but items you put in instead of DW items, have stats that overcome that loss and give even more.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-02-19 19:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Briko, what augs were you using on the cape(s) for the above sets?
[+]
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-02-19 21:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Unagihito said: »
Briko, what augs were you using on the cape(s) for the above sets?
10store tp
[+]
By Ozaii 2021-02-19 23:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Dual Wield and Martial Arts lower the base delay of the weapons so your tp gain is reduced when all other factors are the same. I've found that these sets so far have a faster rate of return TP per second going without dual wield in favor of more store tp. DNC sub is always faster than NIN sub if you can maintain haste samba.

I believe there is a comfort in knowing a tp set with dual wield has more potential to be consistent, because relying solely on multi attack is still a dice roll. The numbers I post do assume that you are hitting statistical averages, of course you could come up short on an attack round and the time to tp would take longer, likewise you could come up with multiple quad attacks in a row and your time would come up faster. Dual wield builds help remove the variance but have a higher average time.

I'm going to be running a few events using the no dual wield sets (as soon as lilith drops the damn hands...) and see if its noticeable.

Thats good to know. I just assumed you were using dw and forgoing the dw gear.

So now I ask. With limited fencer traits on bst. How do these sets dps compare to a dw set offhanding magian axe when using weapons other than the doli/decimation standard. Such as aymur offhanding magian mistral spam after applying am3 with magian and standard stp build. Vs the fencer 1 handed aymur mistral after am3.

Assuming you use the same gearsets for both situations and only change offhand what would the difference be?
By Ozaii 2021-02-19 23:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no sweet spot. Less than 36% DW is always the loss, the idea here is not that less DW increases tp gain. The idea is that it's still a loss, but items you put in instead of DW items, have stats that overcome that loss and give even more.

I just assumed he was dual wielding. It was my mistake though. I did not realize he was making fencer builds.
By SimonSes 2021-02-20 02:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I just assumed he was dual wielding. It was my mistake though. I did not realize he was making fencer builds.

I think you misunderstood. Afaik by "no dual wield sets", he meant dual wield build with no DW in gear.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-02-20 02:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I've got my spreadsheet/calculator working properly.
do you have a link?

and just tp gain per second doesn't account for much anyways
By Ozaii 2021-02-20 07:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you misunderstood. Afaik by "no dual wield sets", he meant dual wield build with no DW in gear.

Oooh. Lol sorry yea thats what i thought originally. Thank you i just got a bit confused.
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-02-20 07:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
do you have a link?

No link, it's on my computer lol.

It's an average time to 1k tp post WS. The only issue with it I've found is the variance of relying on multi-attack to hit averages, which is why you should always prioritize values that work 100% of the time (such as DW and STP). This said, it is a fun thought experiment.
 Asura.Beanen
By Asura.Beanen 2021-02-20 10:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
do you have a link?

No link, it's on my computer lol.

It's an average time to 1k tp post WS. The only issue with it I've found is the variance of relying on multi-attack to hit averages, which is why you should always prioritize values that work 100% of the time (such as DW and STP). This said, it is a fun thought experiment.

I have been trying out the sets you linked with /dnc. I actually feel like it is much faster. You are correct that its not 100% for you to get an exact amount of TP but more often than not I feel as if its WAY faster than with DW.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-02-20 11:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I did RDM/DNC for a really long time because it was more consistent at self SC than /NIN. It's not surprising that you are finding it the same with Axes instead of Swords if you are managing Haste Samba well. If you have overflow and don't need to refresh Samba, you can always use a step for future reverse flourish.

If people are looking for Haste in weird places, don't forget the mog garden cheer for an extra 1% and in extreme cases, Jokushu haidate for 20%.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-02-20 11:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of that monster cheer:

Some comments about that haste monster cheer.

Or to save you a click:

Asura.Mims said: »
Do you know something I don't, Friedrik?
Because according to BG Blue Wyvern Cheer is trust haste +5%, and its the Green Wyvern Cheer that has +1% haste for the player.
Also, as soon as I got the green cheer I popped out of my garden and tested it, finding that it was classified as magical haste not gear haste.

Green is still super good and I use it all the time. Should I start raising a blue wyvern, or did you have the two confused?

I was assuming it was gear haste personally.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-02-20 12:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh that is fun. Thanks for the info!

I lurk on BST so I'm not sure what situations you sit with for capping magical haste, but the arguement for 2% movement speed has finally been made for me.
First Page 2 3 ... 127 128 129 ... 176 177 178