Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-03 20:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Nyruul said: »
My guess if there is one..

Next expansion: Where the boat out from Norg goes.
IIRC, they answered that already.

Where does it go?
[+]
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2015-02-04 00:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem to be having your games mixed up.

Its FFXIV that will get an expansion, NOT XI

Sooner or later XI is going to go bye bye due to how corrupt 99% of the player base is, they would sooner make online play JP only then make another expansion for 11 let alone F2P.

It's only getting so much income as it gets cause of all the botting shitheads paying hundred of dollars a month and breaking even with RMT.

14 is not even that bad, get over it. Yes its different, its not a big deal little children. Take off the rose colored glasses.

And even if they add a new expansion? more for the elitists to wave their epeens about how fast their bots..oops I mean "mules" got them iLevel 150 gear than the other guys bots err I mean "mules" and force the piddling few normal players to pay for access to the new stuff and/or deny acess unless they ether have the "proper" jobs leveled or that they have a "mule" aka bot, like a "bard mule" "stun mule" "whm mule" and such as and so on.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-04 00:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tohihroyu said: »

Sooner or later XI is going to go bye bye due to how corrupt 99% of the player base is, they would sooner make online play JP only then make another expansion for 11 let alone F2P.

It's only getting so much income as it gets cause of all the botting shitheads paying hundred of dollars a month and breaking even with RMT.

14 is not even that bad, get over it. Yes its different, its not a big deal little children. Take off the rose colored glasses.

And even if they add a new expansion? more for the elitists to wave their epeens about how fast their bots..oops I mean "mules" got them iLevel 150 gear than the other guys bots err I mean "mules" and force the piddling few normal players to pay for access to the new stuff and/or deny acess unless they ether have the "proper" jobs leveled or that they have a "mule" aka bot, like a "bard mule" "stun mule" "whm mule" and such as and so on.
smells like butthurt
[+]
 Bahamut.Aelissa
Server: Bahamut
user: Ivinora
By Bahamut.Aelissa 2015-02-04 01:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know people in this game still saw the need to bot or cheat...
Haven't really seen RMT's anymore either (maybe because you don't need them anymore really... (game is too small to make alot of RMT money in)... Also mules aren't really needed anymore since they added the trust system, I see a person doing it like once in a blue moon.

FF14 isn't that bad i agree, But not everyone loves the "new MMO age" we are in where you get 5 buttons to press and you have to dodge every single target (there is no need for tactic in FFXIV if you dodge the effects on the floor you know everything for most fights really)...

Good that you like that game enjoy it, but i just can't and i rather just see some new fun in this one :)
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-04 01:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the odds that all the people who liked Jet's post have bots? I honestly don't care, just speculating is all.
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2015-02-04 01:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Phoenix.Bahtbaht
Server: Phoenix
user: BahtBaht
By Phoenix.Bahtbaht 2015-02-04 01:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
What are the odds that all the people who liked Jet's post have bots? The person that came in bashing FFXI about players with alt's/second accounts has an alt/second account themselves? ffty

http://www.ffxiah.com/user/DarkButterfly
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-04 01:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Bahtbaht said: »
What are the odds that all the people who liked Jet's post have bots? The person that came in bashing FFXI about players with alt's/second accounts has an alt/second account themselves? ffty

Well, that's funny coming from somebody whose name sounds like "botbot", but you may have a point.
[+]
 Phoenix.Bahtbaht
Server: Phoenix
user: BahtBaht
By Phoenix.Bahtbaht 2015-02-04 01:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that's funny coming from somebody whose name sounds like "botbot", but you may have a point.

Actually that's pretty close to how you actually pronounce it, but he's named after the currency of Thailand, which I had just came back from vacation before joining the game all those years ago. :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-02-04 01:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually that's pretty close to how you actually pronounce it, but he's named after the currency of Thailand, which I had just came back from vacation before joining the game all those years ago. :)

At the risk of derailing the thread too much, holy crap Thai food is good.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-02-04 02:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

At this point, FFXI would be lucky to see anything new.

I would fully expect everything "new" to just be rehashed old content with the same enemies, possibly reskinned, with ramped up stats, up until the game servers close.

The loot obviously just being the same models with new stats, like +3 attributes/def stats from the last best thing. Yay.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-02-04 03:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Make solo Dungeons or Per job type of dungeons
Make World Spawns like old days but With battle content like Campaign Where everyone gets 1 drop and higher tier items based upon how active you are. How about random Zone fights based for PvP levels
How about Survivor mode fights that tier up as you progress through the fights.
Yes I would love to see Salvage and NNI gear @119
Yes It would seem logical that Af3 would get a boost to 119 or maybe break the lvl to 130~150 range.
Why not give us Full MH access from anywhere in game?
Why not make it hard for anyone to pass up VW vs II
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-02-04 04:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

(snipped)

No one has actually said anything about you botting/rmting so idk why you are carrying on about that. They said you were complaining about people having mules/second accounts/alts yet you have on yourself. Learn to read next time before you go off on one again.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-04 05:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

People said there would never be another expansion after abyssea too. There will be, it's just a matter of when. I just hope an announcement is made this year though cause it would be needed.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2015-02-04 05:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
People said there would never be another expansion after abyssea too. There will be, it's just a matter of when. I just hope an announcement is made this year though cause it would be needed.
It wasn't people, it was SE.
They, the company itself, couldn't see beyond WoTG.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-02-04 06:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Make solo Dungeons or Per job type of dungeons
What do you mean by this?
Make World Spawns like old days but With battle content like Campaign Where everyone gets 1 drop and higher tier items based upon how active you are. How about random Zone fights based for PvP levels
I do so miss walking along and seeing a random NM... I miss those special moments now that all NMs are force popped.
Though... Aren't reives just what you describe?
How about Survivor mode fights that tier up as you progress through the fights.
Legion still exists. And while iLvs has made it easier, it's still gonna need you to pay attention.
Yes I would love to see Salvage and NNI gear @119
Given their UNM and HQMBCNM design choices, it's only a matter of time before Salvage/NNI/Einherjar gear gets an iLv equivalent (ala it won't have to be iLv Salvage, Assuidity pants are almost a iLv Nares Trews... Almost cause RDM.).
Yes It would seem logical that Af3 would get a boost to 119 or maybe break the lvl to 130~150 range.
9_9
I'm doing that as loud as I can.
First off, it was said waaaaaaaaaay back when RF1 was introduced that the empy sets would be brought up to the same 119 level.
It's 100000% absurd that people keep thinking that it won't happen (just like the disbelief that relic sets would happen).
And it's even more stupid that people think that AF3 >>>>> AF2.
News flash: AF3+2 is 81~89. AF2+2 is 90.
So according to this "empy should be +119/will be an iLv cap increase" BS... RF2 should have been +119.

Face it people. Empyrean sets didn't cause a level cap increase. They just happened at the same time. They aren't interlinked.
To borrow a phrase: it's circumstantial simultaneity.
Why not give us Full MH access from anywhere in game?
No.
That's just greedy and dumb.
Why not make it hard for anyone to pass up VW vs II
What... What does this mean?? What is "II"???
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-02-05 08:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The idea of another expansion isn't unrealistic. Everquest has vastly less players and probably a smaller dev team and still pumps out expansions.

All they need is even just 1 person familiar with their engine and crap and it's basically just putting legos together to give us new stuff.
[+]
 Bismarck.Branden
Server: Bismarck
user: Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-02-05 09:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

New add-on campaigns make the most sense. After WOTG was released in 2007, SE released 6 add-ons before releasing another new expansion. Add-on campaigns provide a good injection of money that SE would need to finance a big project like a brand new expansion. Releasing high-tier abyssea campaigns would make the most sense for a few reasons:
Gameplay:
- Reforged empy armor- SE has said several times now that we would be getting this yet it's been over a year since they released reforged relic, clearly they are waiting for some new content to be released that would provide the required materials to do this
-Longevity of Content- Whether you liked Abyssea or not, it's hard to deny that Abyssea provided content that kept us busy and lasted a long time
Financially-
-At $5-$15 per add on, releasing high tier versions of the 3 abyssea campaigns would be a nice boost to their revenue that can be re-invested into the game
-Keep subscribers logging in and possibly bring back some players- Vision of Abyssea came out in June '10 and Heroes was released in Dec '10- at least 7 months of content
- Better ROI on programming hours- Upgrading old content to high tier versions has clearly been the favored way of SE to release "new" content since the maps, character models and functionality has already been done

They could also release a new Abyssea scenario for Adoulin- Morimar and Kamihr both have maps that are big enough and open enough to handle Abyssea content
By Jetackuu 2015-02-05 12:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SE would have plenty of money to invest in FFXI if they hadn't spent all of their proceeds making FFXIV twice, and not to mention FFXIII...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-05 12:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Navara said: »
Asura.Ccl said: »
Need new VW !

Seriously, this. I loved VW so much. Didn't they say we'd be getting an updated system of VW eventually? Or even adding VW rifts to the SoA zones? ... For me, VW was the best end-game content in years. Yes it was frustrating, as the RNG God likes to be, but it was so fun.. and addictive.

Unity is the new VW.

Same method for pops, same *** coffer (sorta of but different from chest method) no need for procs but stupid gimics for low man style.
 Leviathan.Redherring
By Leviathan.Redherring 2015-02-05 12:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Starcade?
By Jetackuu 2015-02-05 12:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Angierus said: »
Yeah they lost so much money that they are actually 25% ahead of last quarters earnings from KH2.5 and FFXIV, tragedy that they remade that MMO.

I was more ripping on the v1 than ARR, I have no beef with ARR.

I'm wondering how much of that is KH 2.5 though.

Not to mention that they've been hurting for some time, and that doesn't negate the overall trend.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-05 12:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

They still need to better address the inventory issues that plague this game before they throw expansion or even more loot at us.

Changing jobs and gearing up is still really tedious to do.
AA/DM/HTBC/Unity drops don't go on slips and i've had to just mail a bunch of them to a mule to make space (and play fewer jobs).

Delve/skirmish stuff that once augmented eats up inventory space and becomes unmailable is a huge thorn in my side, and I don't own too much of it.

Combining gorget/sachet/belt will buy them some time and give us more inventory back, but for a game with 22 jobs, the inventory system limits are still a huge weak point.

I would argue that limited inventory hurts the lifespan of player subscriptions since people may never play certain jobs because they lack the inventory space to heavily gear out a lot of jobs. I certainly dont ever entertain the idea of playing more jobs (e.g. BST, where am I going to put all that situational bst gear, reward set, bst axes, etc?)

when FFXIV starts adding more jobs they will start feeling the inventory pain too like XI.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-05 12:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
They still need to better address the inventory issues that plague this game before they throw expansion or even more loot at us.

Changing jobs and gearing up is still really tedious to do.
AA/DM/HTBC/Unity drops don't go on slips and i've had to just mail a bunch of them to a mule to make space (and play fewer jobs).

Delve/skirmish stuff that once augmented eats up inventory space and becomes unmailable is a huge thorn in my side, and I don't own too much of it.

Combining gorget/sachet/belt will buy them some time and give us more inventory back, but for a game with 22 jobs, the inventory system limits are still a huge weak point.

I would argue that limited inventory hurts the lifespan of player subscriptions since people may never play certain jobs because they lack the inventory space to heavily gear out a lot of jobs. I certainly dont ever entertain the idea of playing more jobs (e.g. BST, where am I going to put all that situational bst gear, reward set, bst axes, etc?)

when FFXIV starts adding more jobs they will start feeling the inventory pain too like XI.
Disabling swapping gear when engaged in fights would address that a lot.

inb4 the flames.

but seriously, most of the remaining players would probably quit with that change.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-02-05 12:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That would objectively ruin the game.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-05 12:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
That would objectively ruin the game.
I'd say subjectively, but hey.
 Bismarck.Branden
Server: Bismarck
user: Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-02-05 13:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
SE would have plenty of money to invest in FFXI if they hadn't spent all of their proceeds making FFXIV twice, and not to mention FFXIII...
Yes, the health of FFXI at that time I'm sure funded a lot of the production of FFXIV. Unfortunately, I don't think that SE will take revenue from ARR or any other SE projects and re-invest into FFXI unless they had a plan to re-launch FFXI. XI needs to be self-sufficient at this point in time and find ways to build it's own capitol to fund a new expansion.

There's a lot of content that could be released as add-ons that I'm sure people wouldn't mind paying extra for as long as the content and rewards are worthwhile: high tier abyssea that gave reforged AF3, high tier TOAU that gave ilvl Nyzul, iLvl Salvage, etc, high tier Voidwatch that included new NM's to fight

I'd certainly prefer not to pay extra for these things but they're taking forever to be released and if it came down to paying a little extra for an add-on or not getting these things at all then I'd pay
 Asura.Nightbear
Server: Asura
user: Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2015-02-05 13:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So many stuff they could revamp and finish..

Garrison , update the monster levels and rewards.
Expeditionary forces, same as above.
Ballista.. since we have lockstyle now, still have the problem of unbalanced jobs.. so not so much here.

Always wanted to see Quicksand Caves in the past prior to the Antican invasion.

Expand Nation missions.

So much old content that could be re-done and not just "Abbyssea-ed"

Just my two pesos.