Forum » FFXIV » General » 2015 Expansion
2015 Expansion
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2015-02-05 13:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

First thing we need is a new casual friendly grind like vw!
By Blazed1979 2015-02-05 13:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI-2... If they're worried about losses they could always just try to crowd fund it.. or at least put a poll up to gauge interest.
I'd donate at least $2,000 USD for an FFXI-2.
Well as long as the battle system wasn't like XIV ARR. That game should be called final dodgeball fantasy... all you do is dodge ***and hit your rotation.../yawn.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-02-05 14:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tohihroyu said: »
You seem to be having your games mixed up.

Its FFXIV that will get an expansion, NOT XI

Sooner or later XI is going to go bye bye due to how corrupt 99% of the player base is, they would sooner make online play JP only then make another expansion for 11 let alone F2P.

It's only getting so much income as it gets cause of all the botting shitheads paying hundred of dollars a month and breaking even with RMT.

14 is not even that bad, get over it. Yes its different, its not a big deal little children. Take off the rose colored glasses.

And even if they add a new expansion? more for the elitists to wave their epeens about how fast their bots..oops I mean "mules" got them iLevel 150 gear than the other guys bots err I mean "mules" and force the piddling few normal players to pay for access to the new stuff and/or deny acess unless they ether have the "proper" jobs leveled or that they have a "mule" aka bot, like a "bard mule" "stun mule" "whm mule" and such as and so on.

Nope. My rose colored glasses are the shiznitz!
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-02-05 14:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

14 beats 11 in everything. Graphix. Animation. Cutscenes. Music. Crafting. And then some. Only problem is the Combat is extremely simplistic and doesn't come close to comparing to 11. I assume it's on purpose otherwise 14 would have been the death of 11 but if/when 11 does come to an end 14 won't ever fill the void. Not unless they drastically change the combat. Either remake/port 11 to PS4/Xbox1 or revamp a more serious 14 game through updates.
 Asura.Devdas
user: Lerouge
By Asura.Devdas 2015-02-05 14:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

People seem to be assuming the people that ***talk ffxiv are the same people that are still playing xi. Most of the time it's people who once played XI and left for some reason (they didn't likeAbyssea/Adoulin) and found 14 either too easy or too hard. So they have nothing better to do now then sit on AH and complain about how bad either game is. I played both and think 14 was a fine game, just not the game for me.

XI gets monthly updates of some sort and while an entire expansion is not completely impossible, I can't imagine SE wanting to do a large update when Adoulin obviously didn't bring people back. If anything adoulin stigmatized the few people that liked the game for some reason, even though most of those same people didn't even try to do the content or give it a chance to build up. These mini battlefields are easy cause they find them safe to release with new gear.

Leviathan.Tohihroyu said: »
And even if they add a new expansion? more for the elitists to wave their epeens about how fast their bots..oops I mean "mules" got them iLevel 150 gear than the other guys bots err I mean "mules" and force the piddling few normal players to pay for access to the new stuff and/or deny acess unless they ether have the "proper" jobs leveled or that they have a "mule" aka bot, like a "bard mule" "stun mule" "whm mule" and such as and so on.

You seem confused and butthurt. Elitists at this point of the game is pretty much a dead term. Every content is doable with shout groups and every piece of gear is obtainable by any player. These "elitists" are just people who aren't lazy... Stop throwing the term mules around like it's a bad thing. I'm sorry I enjoy having a pocket white mage so I don't have to sit in town and shout for trivial ***or wait for specific people to be on in my Linkshell to do events. As for denying access... Make your own group, level a job other then beastmaster, and pretty much get over yourself. If you can't get yourself clears on stuff in this game then you arent really trying.

Siren.Akson said: »
14 beats 11 in everything. Graphix. Animation. Cutscenes. Music. Crafting. And then some. Only problem is the Combat is extremely simplistic and doesn't come close to comparing to 11. I assume it's on purpose otherwise 14 would have been the death of 11 but if/when 11 does come to an end 14 won't ever fill the void. Not unless they drastically change the combat. Either remake/port 11 to PS4/Xbox1 or revamp a more serious 14 game through updates.

I've said it before and I will say it again and again, a graphics update will not save xi. If people are not playing xi cause of graphics they really need to move on. XI combat isn't really that much harder if you can press CTRL/ATL + number you can do combat in xi. I can disagree on the music cause I love XI music and same with crafting cause HQ is pretty much guarenteed... Yes the graphics are better cause it's a newer game, but asides from that it's flaws are just as prevalent as XI's are
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-05 14:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't get why people keep saying FFXI should get a graphic revamp on par of ARR. Who cares? This game more than a decade later still looks amazing.
Content is what matter anyway. I want to pay for more expansions, not for useless cinematics.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-05 14:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I don't get why people keep saying FFXI should get a graphic revamp on par of ARR. Who cares? This game more than a decade later still looks amazing.
Content is what matter anyway. I want to pay for more expansions, not for useless cinematics.
I'd be happy with a directx update, which they probably will need to do if they want the game to keep running on newer versions of Windows. It's been almost 2 years since the Seekers release, so if we see another expansion next year, we'd possibly see the game go until at least 2018. Windows 10 is scheduled for a release later this year most likely, whether or not it will be playable on the final release is questionable, hell I'm not sure if anyone's gotten it to work on the tech demo yet, maybe?
By Blazed1979 2015-02-05 15:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The cinematics in XIV are part of the reason I hated the game.
The voice actors were pitiful... Leave some stuff to the players imagination for *** sake. All these years of playing Final Fantasy games hearing gritty accents and relatable voices in my head turned into stuff that made me feel like I was watching Barney or the damn teletubbies.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-05 15:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all voice actors are bad, some people make it bigger than it is. But god does Minfilia have an awful acting.
 Bismarck.Branden
Server: Bismarck
user: Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-02-05 15:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Content is what keeps the players, graphics help sell games though.. SE is doing a great job of making this game much more accessible to new players but I don't think they're doing well at actually bringing in these new players- they could use some help.

I agree and don't think they should be wasting resources on revamping graphics though unless they were to re-launch FFXI complete with a new marketing campaign to get people to try the game. XI is an incredibly deep game with a lot of content that new games really can't compete with straight off the shelves- I think there's a lot of people that would try the game and absolutely love it if not for the 11 year old game stigma

Also, the last time I played Vanilla FFXI it looked pretty awful compared to the 60fps and improved graphics that windower brings to the game
By runeghost 2015-02-05 18:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Branden said: »

Also, the last time I played Vanilla FFXI it looked pretty awful compared to the 60fps and improved graphics that windower brings to the game
Hm? Interesting. So the windower program actually modifies the graphics by default? I knew that it could change graphics, as I spoke to someone that changed all the skins so that all mithra appeared in bondage and beds appeared to have taru impaled on spikes, but I was unaware that it did things such as this?

*sigh* I admit I will use the official Square Enix windower options, but as it sometimes causes slow downs one would assume that using the player made windower options would slow down graphics more as "additional" programs are running.

Not my area of expertise, tho I am getting weary of people asking me why I don't use windower and bot programs to play while at work -_-.
By runeghost 2015-02-05 18:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saprykin said: »
What are the odds of seeing an expansion this year? Or are we likely to just be treated to more gear being 119'd?

Well, using a bit of Math...
Original Game-2002
Zilart - 2003 (1 year later)
Promathia - 2004 - (1 year later)
Aht Urghan - 2006 (2 years later)
WotG - 2007 - (1 year later)
Seekers - 2013 - 6 tears later)
... no, one would assume that there will not be an expansion for some time.
Even if you add in the Scenario and Abyssea expansions, I would be surprised to see if there is anything before 2016 at the earliest (3 years post Adoulin).

That being said, most people found Abyssea more favorable than the Storyline expansions... and as Adoulin had lots of fights and areas but not so much storyline (I still think there was more story in A Shantotto Ascension than Adoulin), it seems to me more likely that they will add new 'areas' without much else.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-05 18:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

runeghost said: »
Even if you add in the Scenario and Abyssea expansions, I would be surprised to see if there is anything before 2016 at the earliest (3 years post Adoulin).

That being said, most people found Abyssea more favorable than the Storyline expansions... and as Adoulin had lots of fights and areas but not so much storyline (I still think there was more story in A Shantotto Ascension than Adoulin), it seems to me more likely that they will add new 'areas' without much else.

Abyssea had a full expansion of content to progress (getting atmas, storyline, gear) and intensive grind (empy weapon and gear). So enough content to play for years, while storyline are just cutscenes with a single gear reward in the end. i can not see any comparison betwen boths. Abyssea was like a entire age in ffxi while asa and acp are just "intermissions".

Now comparing adoulin storyline with asa, i even feel offended. Asa is crap, adoulin is easily a great storyline even in ff terms. Could be worked a bit more in some aspects, like giving more cutscenes with naakuals, etc, but still the one i enjoyed more, maybe just second to wotg. Personally i didnt like too much of toau, zilart/promathia are nice. Asa, acp and mog are just random cutscenes. Thanks good enternity exist.
By runeghost 2015-02-05 20:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I was not intending on being insulting or offending. Let me double check the facts via wiki to check my memories against actual.
I mentioned Shantotto so I will stick with that as opposed to either of the others.

Shantotto
<Start area>
<Cutscene>x2
Farm items
Craft
Turn in
Six BCNM
Use SoulTrapper to take pictures
Fight
Cutscenes
Fight 6 mobs with rare/unique stats
More Cutscecnes
Collect key items
BCNM
Cutscenes
Collect Key Items
BCNM
End

So other than cut scenes it had 3 "collects", used craftint and taking pictures, and 2+(6) BCNMs.

Adoulin
8 BCNM, and quests that include:Click on locus, harvest a KI, Talk to people/click on books/turn in AH item, click on 4 places in Ra'Kaznar, click on 3 places in Rala.

Now, I will admit that the BCNMs for Adoulin are more interesting, and the cut scenes for Adoulin -do- have a lot more history in them.... but other than 'watching cut scenes' and running to the next cut scene there was not as much to do..
Now, my personal preference was WotG, but even for that the three semi-optional nation quest lines tended to be more involved than the main story line.

I guess that I just felt that the Adoulin mission like was closer to 'watching' than 'doing'. Of course, I am also irritated that so many of the quest lines in Adoulin do not have resolutions..
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-02-05 21:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well before Seekers was anounced I read a interview the guy was talking to one of the people on the develipment team. They said there where 2 expansions in the works for the game. of course first one we know now is seekers and now we wait for the second. I say give it a year before we hear anything though. looks like SE still wants to tweek stuff with adoulin and add new quests that expand the lore. so expect this year to be boring with updates.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-02-05 22:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you happen to have a link to that interview?
 Asura.Devdas
user: Lerouge
By Asura.Devdas 2015-02-05 22:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

For the most part you should assume the Shantoto/Moogle/ASA as one expansion released in 3 mini updates. A bit overpriced for an expansion but gave people the option to pick and choose which one's they cared about and which they didn't. Plus if you didn't get them it didn't halt your progress in the game itself.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-02-06 04:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's more of an increase in player base that would keep 11 going indefinitely beyond completely dying out. I agree idm the outdated old feel to 11 compared 14. It's just a matter of longevity for me where an expansion won't add anyone new into the 11 mix yet a remake/port could and would do just that moving forward.
[+]
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2015-02-06 05:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's more of an increase in player base that would keep 11 going indefinitely beyond completely dying out. I agree idm the outdated old feel to 11 compared 14. It's just a matter of longevity for me where an expansion won't add anyone new into the 11 mix yet a remake/port could and would do just that moving forward.
But its never going to happen.
 Shiva.Cymopoleia
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Cymopoleia 2015-02-06 11:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Windows 10 is scheduled for a release later this year most likely, whether or not it will be playable on the final release is questionable, hell I'm not sure if anyone's gotten it to work on the tech demo yet, maybe?

It runs just as well on 10 as it does on 7. I've not had any trouble that wasn't microsoft causing bugs, and even that only disabled the num lock so the keypad wouldn't function in game, everything else ran normally.

Pol, and FFXI installed and loaded fine as well.
For which I'm quite thankful, or 10 would be out the window for me.

Only 2 programs that I've found (thus far) don't run, nexus mod manager, and halo 2. But I have limited hard drive space to check other older titles until my new pc parts get here next week.
(Then we'll see if FFXI runs on up to date hardware)
By Chyula 2015-02-06 12:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

im willing to pay for a mini abys expansion with ***new content as long it rain hmp cinder and dross.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-02-06 23:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Scizor said: »
But its never going to happen.
Ino wishful thinking. It is in SE own best interest tho to do such ironically enough yet they won't. FF player base is on console ported to PC not vice versa. PS4 port alone would rejuvenate 11 population.
By Damane 2015-02-08 05:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i wouldnt mind a total overhaul of the game with a relaunch FFXI-2 HD.
The Lore is very nice and the story is allready laid out, but the whole overhaul wouldnt do anything if they wouldnt also fix the whole core system that isnt working anymore (enmity, nukeing etc etc.)
By Blazed1979 2015-02-08 11:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Damane said: »
i wouldnt mind a total overhaul of the game with a relaunch FFXI-2 HD.
The Lore is very nice and the story is allready laid out, but the whole overhaul wouldnt do anything if they wouldnt also fix the whole core system that isnt working anymore (enmity, nukeing etc etc.)

Those problems are dead weight baggage that would surely be eliminated. The hate system in XIV is a lot better. Nuking has been fixed in XIV in the most recent patch I'm told.

FFXI-2 would just be a 2.0, much like ARR was the 2.0 of FFXIV 1.0. It would need to carry over the same lore, same combat system or something similar. It need not carry across the same jobs or skills, and would probably benefit if it dumped a lot of them and combined them.

Whats the best way to lobby SE to consider this? Open to suggestions.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-02-08 12:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Do you happen to have a link to that interview?
I saw it years ago I will look for it but not sure if I can find it
By Wordspoken 2015-02-08 12:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

Whats the best way to lobby SE to consider this? Open to suggestions.
Money. Lots of money. It's all about the money. Got money?
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-02-08 12:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Expansion coupled with a port to nex gen systems and repeat history. Should kill off PS2/360 support.
By Artemicion 2015-02-08 12:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as I'd love to see a facelift given to FFXI, it's simply not going to happen with the current user base keeping it on life support. Granted it's still a cash cow worth keeping around as server time to subscription fees are pennies on the dollar in SE's favor.

However, making a new MMO from the ground up, even with pre-established foundations takes monumental amounts of labor and investment which frankly wouldn't hit the green anytime soon. Pragmatism says no, but optimism says there's still room for minor expansions for years to come.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-02-08 13:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
As much as I'd love to see a facelift given to FFXI, it's simply not going to happen with the current user base keeping it on life support. Granted it's still a cash cow worth keeping around as server time to subscription fees are pennies on the dollar in SE's favor.

However, making a new MMO from the ground up, even with pre-established foundations takes monumental amounts of labor and investment which frankly wouldn't hit the green anytime soon. Pragmatism says no, but optimism says there's still room for minor expansions for years to come.
FF7 on PS4? Not exactly what everyone was hoping for but would be perfect for 11 imo.
By Artemicion 2015-02-08 13:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »

FF7 on PS4? Not exactly what everyone was hoping for but would be perfect for 11 imo.

A lazy copy & paste port with minimal touch ups and optimization for new hardware? Yeah that might work.