On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97
By Nariont 2020-01-08 19:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Resist status is halved on NMs, so you can look at that as +12, personally always go for meva myself cause as you said it covers everything and iirc resist status only acts an initial check, meva gives you chances for partial resists though could be wrong here
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-09 08:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Resist status though is a separate calculation, which should be a consideration. You'll have 12% chance to just resist the status effect outright, and then if that fails it takes into consideration your Meva. There probably is some sweet spot there, I can't really say were it is.

Shrieker's Cuffs probably are worth having in a set specifically designed to resist silence. Along with staunch tathlum +1, hearty earring, etiolation earring, and Alaunus's cape would give you +66 resist silence (+33% against NMs). If there is no cap, Shamash robe would bump that up to 78%
[+]
By Nariont 2020-01-09 08:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My understanding is that yeah its the 1st check then meva follows for every resist state, biggest gripe with resist sets is that you typically give up a good deal of meva, which for jobs that are high in meva like whm, run, and now malig jobs i guess, its not too unlikely you are at a level you could be close to dodging the ailment entirely. But that said you can get another +15/+7 with /sch trait, still not sure how bar status checks either

Waterfall rings another decent option for both resist/meva towards silence too. Though by this point id just stick to echo drops
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-09 09:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's actually kind of a nice ring. I usually run with a purity ring in my MDT and Meva sets, but I don't really have something that goes in the other ring slot.
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-01-09 10:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you considered Inyanga ring?

Note: If you're 5/5 Inyanga+2, then the ring will not give you refresh. The set bonus only goes to 5 pieces.
By Aerison 2020-01-09 11:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I idle in/meva, 4/5 inyanga + ring with shriekers cuffs.
 Bahamut.Elesar
Server: Bahamut
user: Elesar
By Bahamut.Elesar 2020-01-23 22:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone happen to have coding for Cursna + Gambanteinn in their WHM Lua? More specifically, I'm looking for my lua to use Divine Caress and equip Gambanteinn if the person I'm casting Cursna on is Doomed.
By Jetackuu 2020-01-23 22:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't work outside party, even if one has the logic, as the client cannot see buffs/debuffs outside of party.

I did not look further into it but one may still be able to have it do it based on seeing "casts doom on x" or when targeting a direct party member.

The windower discord/ gs thread would probably be the best place to inquire.

Also probably why my Gamba has been sitting half finished without much desire to finish it.
 Bismarck.Mcdougall
Server: Bismarck
user: Mcdougall
By Bismarck.Mcdougall 2020-02-03 00:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Been scanning for a couple of days. I am trying to get bis sets for protect and shellra.

Do these spells act in tiers where you should stack enhancing magic?

Does Sheltered ring only needed on the midcast?

Is piety pants and legs only thing that make protect and shell stronger?

Also if possible.. Is there anything that helps bar pells other then beneficus?

For enhancing gear is there anything that can extend the length of bar spells etc to prevent having to run in and out of fights. Thank you :)

Edit...

If someone has a bis gearswap I can just scan through that if you are willing to share. Thank you
 Asura.Barone
user: Barone
By Asura.Barone 2020-02-03 00:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

1. No
2. Yes
3. Brachyura Earring, piety pants do nothing for protect, sorry if this was recently proven wrong, i didn't see it.
4. Piety is for bar spells and also beneficus
5. Augmented Taeon set

Code
    sets.midcast['Enhancing Magic'] = {
		main="Beneficus",sub="Ammurapi Shield",ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
		head="Befouled Crown",neck="Incanter's Torque",ear1="Malignance Earring",ear2="Etiolation Earring",
		body="Ebers Bliaud +1",hands="Ebers Mitts +1",ring1="Stikini Ring +1",ring2="Stikini Ring +1",
		legs="Piety Pantaloons +3",feet="Theophany Duckbills +2"}

sets.midcast.EnhancingDuration = set_combine(sets.midcast['Enhancing Magic'], {
		main=gear.Gada.Enhance,
		head="Telchine Cap",
		body="Telchine chasuble",hands="Telchine Gloves",
		waist="Embla Sash",legs="Telchine Braconi",feet="Telchine Pigaches"})

sets.midcast['Haste'] = sets.midcast.EnhancingDuration

sets.midcast.Refresh = sets.midcast['Enhancing Magic']

sets.midcast.Aquaveil = set_combine(sets.midcast['Enhancing Magic'], {
		main="Vadose Rod",head="Chironic Hat",hands="Regal Cuffs"})

sets.midcast.Stoneskin = set_combine(sets.midcast['Enhancing Magic'], {
		head="Umuthi Hat",neck="Nodens Gorget",
		waist="Siegel Sash",legs="Doyen Pants"})

sets.midcast.Auspice = set_combine(sets.midcast['Enhancing Magic'], {
		feet="Ebers Duckbills +1"})

sets.midcast.BarElement = set_combine(sets.midcast['Enhancing Magic'], {
		head="Ebers Cap +1",legs="Piety Pantaloons +3",feet="Ebers Duckbills +1"})

Edit; Clarity on the Augments for Duration;
main={ name="Gada", augments={'Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +5','MND+5','Mag. Acc.+3','DMG:+1',}},
sub="Ammurapi Shield",
head={ name="Telchine Cap", augments={'"Conserve MP"+5','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10',}},
body={ name="Telchine Chas.", augments={'Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10',}},
hands={ name="Telchine Gloves", augments={'"Conserve MP"+3','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10',}},
legs={ name="Telchine Braconi", augments={'"Conserve MP"+4','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +9',}},
feet={ name="Telchine Pigaches", augments={'"Conserve MP"+4','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10',}},
waist="Embla Sash",
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-02-03 01:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mcdougall said: »
Do these spells act in tiers where you should stack enhancing magic?
For Pro/Shell there are no tiers of of enhancing magic skill.

Does Sheltered ring only needed on the midcast?
Correct, midcast only.

Is piety pants and legs only thing that make protect and shell stronger?
They no longer help Protectra V and Shellra V(the uagments have changed on them). SE turned them into non merit spells like 9 months ago and made them maxed 5/5 + Relic Augement potency when they did. (It was verified by the player base too.)

There is also the Brachyura Earring but for self only like the Ring and they do not stack together only one or the other.

Also if possible.. Is there anything that helps bar spells other then beneficus?
The emp bodies. 109 gives 12 MDB and the +1 gives +14 MDB.

The Relic Legs give various amounts to "Elemental resistance spells". +3 being +36 to whatever Barelement your are doing.

You could also stack more emp gear in different slots for +2% nullify chance but that would be against your next question.

For enhancing gear is there anything that can extend the length of bar spells etc to prevent having to run in and out of fights. Thank you :)
Wear Enhancing duration gear some of it it augments and some is native to the piece.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Enhancing_Magic#Equipment_Bonuses

Edit: The person above mentioned augmented Taeon they mean Telchine like thier lua list.
[+]
 Bismarck.Mcdougall
Server: Bismarck
user: Mcdougall
By Bismarck.Mcdougall 2020-02-03 01:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate your quick responses thank you. Looks like I need to change a few things. Thanks again
By Wotasu 2020-02-03 02:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if possible.. Is there anything that helps bar pells other then beneficus?

Cap 500 skill which is easy enough with /sch light arts
Code
main="Beneficus",
    sub="Ammurapi Shield",
    ammo="Incantor Stone",
    head="Ebers Cap +1",
    body="Ebers Bliaud +1",
    hands="Ebers Mitts +1",
    legs="Piety Pantaln. +1",
    feet="Ebers Duckbills +1",
    neck="Incanter's Torque",
    waist="Embla Sash",
    back="Mending Cape",(+8 enhancing skill)	

or use stikini instead of Cape. This is +9min, If you're looking for more duration change out Eber vs Telchine with +duration.

Could possibly get ~11m40s sacrificing the Eber set bonus.
Code
main="Beneficus",
    sub="Ammurapi Shield",
    head={ name="Telchine Cap", augments={'Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10',}},
    body="Ebers Bliaud +1",
    hands={ name="Telchine Gloves", augments={'Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10',}},
    legs={ name="Piety Pantaln. +1", augments={'Enhances "Afflatus Misery" effect',}},
    feet="Theo. Duckbills +3",
    neck="Incanter's Torque",
    waist="Embla Sash",
    left_ring="Stikini Ring",
    back={ name="Mending Cape", augments={'Healing magic skill +7','Enha.mag. skill +8','Mag. Acc.+6',}},
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-02-03 04:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get way longer then 11m40s even in that set and some people even exclude Bene and the Emp body if all they really care about is status effect resist over mdmg.

At some point years ago SE got rid of the formula that capped at 500 skill(5 mins) and set the base spell to 8 minutes with enhancing magic skill doing nothing for it. My /whm at 155 skill does the same 8 minutes as a 500 skill main WHM and resources list 480 seconds(8mins) too.

It must of been when the wiki only had like 1 person doing anything(2013-2014) because even looking at Windower resources I haven't found a change from base 480s(8mins) in years. Still trying to go back even further. The same formula for duration can be found on old wiki too.

P.S. - As far back as I have checked timers has also used the resource duration so has been correct as long as all duration gear had been added.
So maybe old wiki had wrong info and when BGWiki was made they based it off of it too. This was years before any of the current team was around.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-02-03 07:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So really @500 skill you want max potency with ebers/bene then stack duration (embla sash), rest of the slots conserve mp?

Heres what I came up with, rings just whatever this gives 505 enhancing
236 resistance
ItemSet 371194
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-03 07:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
236 resistance
ItemSet 371194
theophany duckbills +3 over Ebers. I would rather have that +10% duration over 2% more chance to null the heavily reduced elemental damage.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-02-03 08:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
236 resistance
ItemSet 371194
theophany duckbills +3 over Ebers. I would rather have that +10% duration over 2% more chance to null the heavily reduced elemental damage.
really? im getting about 9:34 duration with the set I posted, doesnt seem overwhelming to keep up

the feet kicked it up to 10:22, i guess id rather have that 2%

Edit: on recasts on spells <4 min I am a total duration fan, but once you get up to 7-8 min I feel like they become much less onerous
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-02-03 10:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Also if possible.. Is there anything that helps bar spells other then beneficus?
The emp bodies. 109 gives 12 MDB and the +1 gives +14 MDB.

The Relic Legs give various amounts to "Elemental resistance spells". +3 being +36 to whatever Barelement your are doing.
Just to add to this, there's also Alaunus's Cape which has a Solace bonus similar to the body.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-03 11:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
236 resistance
ItemSet 371194
really? im getting about 9:34 duration with the set I posted, doesnt seem overwhelming to keep up

the feet kicked it up to 10:22, i guess id rather have that 2%

Edit: on recasts on spells <4 min I am a total duration fan, but once you get up to 7-8 min I feel like they become much less onerous

I would add to this two things.

1. Barspells are so cheap MP wise, I don't really focus too much on making sure that I have conserve MP. I'd probably prioritize DT/Meva over it.

2. I also recommend having your set capable of hitting 500 without Light Arts. Those situations are very few and far between, but you'd appreciate it if you're ever in it. andoaa earring, Mimir earring, stikini ring,stikini ring +1 can do it. If you use stikini ring, mending cape can get +10 skill on it, and you should have one anyway for Caress.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-02-03 13:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitting 500 with my barspell set without Light Arts was actually one of the reasons I picked Mimir Earring as early as I did.

That said, I still discourage from using any cape besides Alaunus's. 10 MDB is nothing to laugh at. I'd sooner drop one of the Ebers set bonus pieces than the cape, use something like Inyanga hands if you need to.

You can get 5 from belt using Olympus Sash if you're using NQ Stikinis. Not sure if that gets you there or not.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-03 13:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Hitting 500 with my barspell set without Light Arts was actually one of the reasons I picked Mimir Earring as early as I did.

That said, I still discourage from using any cape besides Alaunus's. 10 MDB is nothing to laugh at. I'd sooner drop one of the Ebers set bonus pieces than the cape, use something like Inyanga hands if you need to.

You can get 5 from belt using Olympus Sash if you're using NQ Stikinis. Not sure if that gets you there or not.

I agree with what you say.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-03 18:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
use something like Inyanga hands if you need to
Dynasty Mitts seem to have been forgotten, but they're a decent trade-off if you need more Enhancing Magic skill for non-Light Arts enhancing spells.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-02-24 19:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a lot of reading to be done, but is there a good selection of enhancing sets anywhere in particular? Preferably not relying so much on random augments.
By Nariont 2020-02-24 19:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure you're sadly stuck playing the telch game and a gada/grio aug depending on if you got ammurapi if you're looking for max duration on whm stuff. Regen can be filled in with some JSE
By Jetackuu 2020-02-24 19:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Have the shield, have a grio but it's for smn and no gada. Just looking for sets/what I should be aiming for, half assed it last time with just looking at what I had.
By Nariont 2020-02-24 19:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

main={ name="Grioavolr", augments={'Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10','INT+7','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+2','Magic Damage +6',}},
head={ name="Telchine Cap", augments={'"Elemental Siphon"+35','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +9',}},
body={ name="Telchine Chas.", augments={'"Elemental Siphon"+30','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10',}},
hands={ name="Telchine Gloves", augments={'"Elemental Siphon"+25','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +9',}},
legs={ name="Telchine Braconi", augments={'"Elemental Siphon"+35','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10',}},
feet={ name="Telchine Pigaches", augments={'Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10',}},

is the bulk of my non-barspell/regen enhancing sets, enhancing skill being filled in as needed for things like boost-stat, im not sure off-hand if af+3 feet beat telch feet or not but that could be an alternative, but for the other slots theres not really any alternatives

as far as skill goes you only need to fill the remaining 106 or more likely 80 skill with /sch light arts active, /sch gives you more flexibility, +9 skill with fi follet or +10 with aug'd reive back, +16 through befouled, +10 through rings, +5 through olympus sash, andoaa, +16 through gada, +10 through incanter's, and +25 through emp feet

so something like this for a /sch enhance that requires hitting 500 skill
ItemSet 371488
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-02-24 20:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-25 08:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
main={ name="Grioavolr", augments={'Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10','INT+7','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+2','Magic Damage +6',}},
head={ name="Telchine Cap", augments={'"Elemental Siphon"+35','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +9',}},
body={ name="Telchine Chas.", augments={'"Elemental Siphon"+30','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10',}},
hands={ name="Telchine Gloves", augments={'"Elemental Siphon"+25','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +9',}},
legs={ name="Telchine Braconi", augments={'"Elemental Siphon"+35','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10',}},
feet={ name="Telchine Pigaches", augments={'Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +10',}},

is the bulk of my non-barspell/regen enhancing sets, enhancing skill being filled in as needed for things like boost-stat, im not sure off-hand if af+3 feet beat telch feet or not but that could be an alternative, but for the other slots theres not really any alternatives

as far as skill goes you only need to fill the remaining 106 or more likely 80 skill with /sch light arts active, /sch gives you more flexibility, +9 skill with fi follet or +10 with aug'd reive back, +16 through befouled, +10 through rings, +5 through olympus sash, andoaa, +16 through gada, +10 through incanter's, and +25 through emp feet

so something like this for a /sch enhance that requires hitting 500 skill
ItemSet 371488

I'd probably recommend that you use two of the new items from DI if you can. Embla sash and Mimir earring

With the set you have linked, you don't actually need befouled crown to hit 500 /sch, so you could swap that for telchine cap for more +duration.

You don't even really need the +skill on mending cape. perimede cape if you can do Reisenjima gives +7 skill and would still keep you over +80. Mimir earring isn't necessary at all either, but useful for the below

For not /sch, you'll need an additional 20-23 depending on if mending cape has perfect augment or if you have perimede cape. Then you can add Mimir earring. From there, I'd probably say I'd swap in piety pantaloons +3 or whatever level you have them at before befouled crown

Edit: theophany duckbills +3 beat telchine pigaches as long as you are using at least 30+ duration in augmented gear on other slots, even with the new Embla sash
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-25 09:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
You don't even really need the +skill on Mending Cape. Perimede Cape if you can do Reisenjima gives +7 skill and would still keep you over +80. Mimir Earring isn't necessary at all either, but useful for the below
Probably uses Mending Cape for the +1 inventory space. That's why I use it, since I use it for cursna and other -nas.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-25 09:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Perimede Cape is good for instant cast.
First Page 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97