On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97
By ksoze 2020-06-08 09:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Was playing around with my whm and was wondering the following:

Accession + cure = stoneskin all?

What is the timer on the cureskin anyway?

If that works i found a way to finally use cure vi
By Wotasu 2020-06-08 09:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »
Was playing around with my whm and was wondering the following:

Accession + cure = stoneskin all?

What is the timer on the cureskin anyway?

It's a 30sec stoneskin duration, and yes Accession Cure I-IV will grant a 30sec Cureskin.
By ksoze 2020-06-08 09:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, why not v and vi
By Wotasu 2020-06-08 09:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, why not v and vi
V-VI dont work for accession
By ksoze 2020-06-08 09:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wotasu said: »
Nice, why not v and vi

OK then the question is, is cure iv Accession worth it? I mean its a fast aoe stoneskin.
By SimonSes 2020-06-08 09:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, why not v and vi

OK then the question is, is cure iv Accession worth it? I mean its a fast aoe stoneskin.

I would imagine it is situational, but very worth it. Like before some hard hitting AoE (low man Kyou for example). Mijin in dynamis wave 1 and 2, because you know people wont change gear to hybrid and Sacrosanctity might not be up. Also probably for blu, war and all other jobs with powerful aoe in wave 3.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-06-08 12:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that is how I use it in Dynamis. Cure IV one alliance and Sacrosantity my own party to try and preserve life when Mijin is about to go off.
By cuddlyhamster 2020-06-16 02:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for advice
While working on my cure sets, I noticed my cure amounts were not changing when i unequipped Meili Earring (Healing Magic Skill +10).

According to BGWiki, when i hit the 700 power from the combined total of (MND÷2) + (VIT÷4) + Healing Magic Skill, then there should be no reason to add more of those stats to my set. From there only things to increase cures are Potency, Potency II, Weather Bonus, and Raetic Rod +1's Cure+50.

So should I put Conserve MP and/or Fast Cast in the other 3 available slots instead of more MND, VIT, or skill?
By Jetackuu 2020-06-24 16:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I, personally make sure I'm capped on fc at all times before anything else and work from there.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
By Galkapryme 2020-09-07 16:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, why not v and vi

Better to just Accession + Stoneskin. Accession + Cure is more for curing outside of party and into alliance. The SS is a nice bonus, but the tradeoff is that it lengthens the timer on that cure spell, and I believe increases the MP required. Also feels like a waste of a strategem. That said...it has its place. I rarely find myself using it, but when I'm in an alliance, it's usually pretty balanced so that I don't usually need to AOE cure outside my party. I think I pretty much only use it in the case where the alliance is taking MAJOR AOE damage. Then I Accession + Cure 4 under Light weather with MND boost.
By Galkapryme 2020-09-07 16:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

cuddlyhamster said: »
Looking for advice
While working on my cure sets, I noticed my cure amounts were not changing when i unequipped Meili Earring (Healing Magic Skill +10).

According to BGWiki, when i hit the 700 power from the combined total of (MND÷2) + (VIT÷4) + Healing Magic Skill, then there should be no reason to add more of those stats to my set. From there only things to increase cures are Potency, Potency II, Weather Bonus, and Raetic Rod +1's Cure+50.

So should I put Conserve MP and/or Fast Cast in the other 3 available slots instead of more MND, VIT, or skill?

My Conserve MP gear totals 11 on my Cure set. I could raise it to 15 by swapping shields, but that would also lower my MP pool slightly. It's a negligible change. Besides, FC is a precast set; Cure is a midcast set. And WHM can cap FC pretty easily.

Fast Cast 82~85. I don't use any quick spellcasting because I don't want to disrupt the potency of the spell. Shinjutsu-No-Obi is R15'd (BiS for mage FC I think)
ItemSet 375250

Cure Pot. 64 (over cap), Cure Pot. II 25, Conserve MP 11, Enmity Down 56 (over cap), total Healing Magic Skill 556. Cape augmented with MND, M.Acc., and FC.
ItemSet 372509
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [169 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2021-02-23 09:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fast Cast has some uses at the very least, the halfed value on the recast is nice assuming you're not allready capped or animation locked.

Actions per second can be important if you need to repositions after a mechanic so I would suggest playing with the faast cast as mana regen / refresh is doable from so many sources it should be a minor concern at best
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2021-02-23 09:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

oh wow, nevermine 169 days ago (nice btw) guess this isn't needed
First Page 2 3 ... 96 97