On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 95 96 97

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-06-26 17:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
eliroo said: »
Is it still believed that the Cure Potency + 23 that you get from Gifts is Cure Potency I?

don't think that was ever believed

I remember reading somewhere that that was the case and I've seen a few people post builds that don't quite reach the cure potency cap, so I wasn't sure if it was common knowledge or not that it wasn't CPI

never been on "official" stand (to my knowledge) that it was cure potency 1
only see a few ppl being confussed about as it was tested and verified pretty fast its was the cure base increase
By DaneBlood 2019-06-26 17:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
Meh, I have a Yagrush and I'm still fine with them making Misery an alternative, Yagrush will still be a great bonus since you won't have to ride Misery's cooldown if you want to take advantage of Solace's bonuses. I'd still like it more if they did stuff with Sacrifice though or at least allow single target Esuna to clear all debuffs regardless of Solace/Misery to compensate.

Im semi fine as well
yagrush still has the casting speed boost and it does not require me to leave afflatus solace
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-05 08:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So, has a consensus been reached as far as new merit cat 2 distro?

I'm thinking
Devotion 4
Solace 5
Martyr 1
By Nariont 2019-07-05 08:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did 5 devo/solace myself, i have yet to ever use martyr since i got it and that was before emp pants
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-07-05 09:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Martyr used to be helpful back in the 75 days. But nowadays... Cure4 is my emergency cure now.
Your tanks (or GEO) will thank you for that 5/5 devotion more than the one time you for some reason have 0 MP and need a cure.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-07-05 09:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time I can recall using Martyr in the last several years is against Teles when she did a mute aura and my tank was dying. I'd already used Benediction and he was out of temps so I popped Martyr.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-05 09:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

As pergatory illustrated, Martyr's value isn't necessarily in having 0 MP, you could be silenced or muted as someone is dying. In the case of silence, popping Martyr before echo potentially gets you more breathing room.

Devotion isn't good enough to give up Martyr over 1 merit, imo. If your tank gets a 4/5 devotion and blows through their MP again before recast (or is having their MP drained by something or other), 5/5 wouldn't have fixed it.
 Cerberus.Dekar
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2019-07-05 23:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to get a Shamash Robe tonight from A.M.A.N. Trove tonight! This got me into changing up my idle sets for DT. I was hoping you guys could give me some advice for each set and maybe help me find ways to make it better.

ItemSet 367589

39 DT (and I guess BDT)
22 PDT
26 MDT
Refresh +8
Resist Silence +115 (for whatever that's worth)

I know I'm really far past the MDT cap. I've managed to get pretty good magic evasion and refresh.

Edit: I just realized that I have a pair of Chironic Gloves with Refresh +2 on them. I'd lose 29 magic evasion and 5 MDB with them over Inyanga hands.

ItemSet 367588

51 DT (and BDT)
22 PDT
8 MDT
Refresh +4
Resist Silence +105 (for whatever that's worth)

I'm really at a loss as to what to do here. I'm very far past the cap for PDT. I have to keep the Genbu's Shield to cap cure potency for Cura while in Misery. I'm not exactly sure if changing my main/sub all will mess with the Misery+ on the club. I'd rather not risk it without further testing.

I use the Ayanmo set because of the lower magic evasion. I know I need to lose the Inyanga Ring if that's the route I'm going. I'm a big proponent of using Esuna whenever possible so I need to avoid higher stacking it. On a side note: yay for old Esuna.

Edit: I just realized that I have a pair of Chironic Gloves with Refresh +2 on them. I'd only gain 5 magic evasion with them over the Ayanmo hands.
By DaneBlood 2019-07-06 00:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dekar said: »
I managed to get a Shamash Robe tonight from A.M.A.N. Trove tonight! This got me into changing up my idle sets for DT. I was hoping you guys could give me some advice for each set and maybe help me find ways to make it better.

ItemSet 367589

39 DT (and I guess BDT)
22 PDT
28 MDT
Refresh +8
Resist Silence +115 (for whatever that's worth)

I know I'm really far past the MDT and PDT caps. I've managed to get pretty good magic evasion and refresh.

Edit: I just realized that I have a pair of Chironic Gloves with Refresh +2 on them. I'd lose 29 magic evasion and 5 MDB with them over Inyanga hands.

ItemSet 367588

51 DT (and BDT)
22 PDT
8 MDT
Refresh +4
Resist Silence +105 (for whatever that's worth)

I'm really at a loss as to what to do here. I'm very far past the cap for PDT. I have to keep the Genbu's Shield to cap cure potency for Cura while in Misery. I'm not exactly sure if changing my main/sub all will mess with the Misery+ on the club. I'd rather not risk it without further testing.

I use the Ayanmo set because of the lower magic evasion. I know I need to lose the Inyanga Ring if that's the route I'm going. I'm a big proponent of using Esuna whenever possible so I need to avoid higher stacking it. On a side note: yay for old Esuna.

Edit: I just realized that I have a pair of Chironic Gloves with Refresh +2 on them. I'd only gain 5 magic evasion with them over the Ayanmo hands.

pesonally i would do an ambsucade cape instead
getting all the m.eva + 5 DT ( if you need it) is better than 6%dt in my mind

ifyou dont need the DT you can pile one some resistance or regen

you might wanna consider making 2 idle sets
one for mp above 50 or 75% that is prioritisings resistance and DT
One for below 50% or 75% mp that prioritizes refresh

for the low MP set you can put in FUcho-no-obi
 Shiva.Applesmash
Server: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2019-07-06 01:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Can use Warder's Charm and Carrier's Sash for the 35 Ele resist without losing much in the DT/PDT/MDT department.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-08 15:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Is 51% BDT required?

If not, I could recommend a few changes that overall I think would probably make you safer anyway.

homiliary => staunch tathlum +1
genmei earring => eabani earring
defending ring => purity ring
ayanmo gambieras +2 => Inyanga crackows +2

Overall you lose:
10% DT
2% PDT

Overall you gain:
7% MDT
3 MDB
96 Magic Evasion
11 Resist all debuffs
15 Evasion
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-08 15:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Is 51% BDT required?

If not, I could recommend a few changes that overall I think would probably make you safer anyway.

homiliary => staunch tathlum +1
genmei earring => eabani earring
defending ring => purity ring
ayanmo gambieras +2 => Inyanga crackows +2

Overall you lose:
10% DT
2% PDT

Overall you gain:
7% MDT
3 MDB
96 Magic Evasion
11 Resist all debuffs
15 Evasion

No. BDT is rarely used by any mob in the game, if it does, it's mostly conal which the tank should eat. Should almost never touch a WHM.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-08 15:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, I was referencing the post above where the person is grossly over buffed for PDT/MDT and the only reason I could see for it was to have capped BDT.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-10 13:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious to know what an actual white mage TP set looks like nowadays. The Caith Palug Hammer looks like too much fun to play with if I ever managed to get one. I've been theorcrafting some Maxentius/Caith Palug sets for fun, and weaponskill gear is easy enough to figure out, but I'm curious to know what you guys would do for a tp set if you were fighting something where you could do some meleeing.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-10 14:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much something like this:

ItemSet 367632

Unfortunately, Chironic Gear has some really bad DD options (Can't get WSD/STP outside of DM), so you're pretty limited on what you can do. Also, because you can't use the waist slot for haste, you almost HAVE to use Ayanmo Pants, just for the 9% haste.

I hate Hasty Pinion +1, because it steals much needed STP from your build too.

Maybe on Empy +2/3 they'll give us STP/DA a bunch, but I doubt it.

Edit: Personally, I like Izcalli, Maxentius, and Sindri for offhands for melee. I think Yagrush is considered bis for main hand, with Maxentius if you're doing Black Halo. Mjollnir gets a nod because it's got a ton of attack, and it has a pretty cool aftermath imo.
By Nariont 2019-07-10 14:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

no ayanmo body? ideally using reiki in waist slot. Sadly right on the ayanmo legs needed to cap haste unless you decide to use a haste belt which as far as im aware wont be worth the trade off.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-10 14:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
no ayanmo body? ideally using reiki in waist slot. Sadly right on the ayanmo legs needed to cap haste unless you decide to use a haste belt which as far as im aware wont be worth the trade off.

Oh, crap, I forgot Ayanmo Body had DA, definitely that, I'll switch that and probably Ayanmo feet for Piety then.

Sadly, WHM can't Reiki.
By Nariont 2019-07-10 15:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ah, i thought that was all jobs for some reason, well then thats a bummer, this is what i threw together but making telch legs work is always iffy to me due to the low acc. Could put DW on the feet to cut your loss there though think its still 1 under cap /nin, so in the end shetal and swapping the legs/feet back to ayanmo might indeed be the better course of action there.

ItemSet 367635
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-10 15:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM also can't Ginsen... :(
By Nariont 2019-07-10 15:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

joys of making sets at work
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-10 15:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Amar cluster is what I would use if my build didn't need the haste from the pinion. And good to have for WS.

The problem with Chironic is that they have just really lackluster base stats for melee, and the only 2 really useful special attributes they can get are Double Attack (max of 4) and Dual Wield (max of 5).

The Double Attack seems ok, until you realize that Chironic has a lower maximum acc/atk augment than other armors (30 max, as opposed to 40 on others) so at best it is still at a -10 acc penalty to Ayanmo or Piety.

The best a DW augment can do is get you to drop Suppanomimi in favor of... maybe a cessance earring or a brutal earring. Which might actually be a good trade in the hands or feet slot.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-10 15:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh nice. This is what I came up with when I was theorycrafting. Caith Palug hammer isn't in the databse yet so I can't link it but it would probably be my target offhand just for the "Meow" factor. Lol. Such a unique and cool design, an pretty decent (purrty decent?) stats too. I was just going to throw dual wield +10 on Alanus's cape. It falls 2 points short of ideal dual wield ratio, but I couldn't think of any better way to gear dual wield. I had completely forgotten about goading belt tbh, and now I'm not sure if I like goading or grunfeld better. Don't forget that whm can equip Ilabrat ring. The 10 dex gives it 7.5 accuracy, so its gains 25 attack over a second Chiruich +1 and all you give up is 1 sTP and 2.5 accuracy. It's probably worth it.

ItemSet 367636

Thanks for the templates. I appreciate it.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-10 15:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, If I could pick any ammo other than Hasty Pinion +1, it would be vanir battery
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-07-11 10:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Why use relic over artifact? Your white damage isn't going to be meaningful, I'd say use artifact for more accuracy. If you don't need the accuracy, then Chironic for double attack, store TP, dual wield, or some combination. (There is a dark matter campaign going on!)

My set actually uses dual wield Chironic with Store TP on the cape. This has been enough accuracy for things like Omen in the past, without BRD songs, haven't tried Dyna[D] though.

Edit: Also, regarding belts, there's Cetl Belt too!
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-07-11 10:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Why use relic over artifact? Your white damage isn't going to be meaningful, I'd say use artifact for more accuracy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Theophany only have magic accuracy? The only source of physical accuracy it has is in the set bonus, and that's just 15 for the first 2 pieces, and 15 more for additional each piece thereafter. That would be much worse than Piety no? Piety's accuracy was the main reason I included the three pieces I did in the first place. Cetl belt is a good mention though, and I didn't notice at first that my set needed more haste. I think I like that a bit more than goading.
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2019-07-11 11:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree Relic + 3 is the way to go. My biggest problem with the combo is that the attack is pretty terrible. This is problematic given that WHM is fairly attack starved as is:

Mjollnir + Sindir: 105 Attack, 77 Acc (97 w/ Aftermath) (229 Dmg Main at R-15 175 Sub) + 9 DA + (Total Pre-Adj Delay 308 + 324 = 632)

Max + CPH: 0 Attack, 75 Acc (200 Dmg Main 212 sub) + 7 DA + (Total Pre-Adj Delay 288 + 300 = 588)

I'm not sure what the white dmg per tic would be, in particular due to the increase in delay.

Still, an interesting and cheaper combo; not to mention it offers a nice Black Halo combo and meows...
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-11 12:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Like the above stated, AF+3 only gets acc from set bonus.

I personally like Izcalli because of the combination of good stats that it has. It's definitely lighter on the acc side, but +15 acc, +41 atk, 3% TA, 7 STP is a good combo. If I need more acc, I swap to Sindri, which gives a whopping +77 acc to both hands, and 9% DA.
By tyalangan 2019-07-11 12:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Epigram said: »
I agree Relic + 3 is the way to go. My biggest problem with the combo is that the attack is pretty terrible.

It has 60+ ATK per piece
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-07-11 12:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, my mistake, I'm so used to artifact having acc that I never noticed WHM's didn't have it outside the set bonus!

I still think DW Chironic + STP Cape beats Relic + DW Cape unless you're acc-starved. (Again, it's been my experience that Chironic has enough acc, but I'm sure that's not always true.)
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 95 96 97