On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 95 96 97

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-09-19 10:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

To be clear, Yagrush needs to be in midcast for -na spells as well. Precast for the Divine Benison, midcast for the Divine Veil. The latter is the more crucial one, obviously.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-19 10:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
There is very little reason not to just have a single precast set for everything since FC is easily capped.

I would say this is generally true.... except if you are trying to get a 10% quick cast set, in which case it's a bit harder.

Edit: cleric's torque is going to make this easier though.

Post deleted by User.
By Zyionmalek 2018-09-23 21:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got two questions:

In a scenario where MP is not an issue, which would win out - Raetic Rod +1 or Chatoyant Staff/Twilight Back/Obi?

I'd guess it'd depend on if I'm cure-bombing or spamming Cure3 instead of 4.

Secondly, I was wondering if someone had a good "hybrid" set for sticking to DT/FC/Cure Potency. Taking a lot of damage in Bastok Dyna D's third wave and the second boss.

Thanks in advance!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-23 21:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Zyionmalek said: »
In a scenario where MP is not an issue, which would win out - Raetic Rod +1 or Chatoyant Staff/Twilight Back/Obi?
Raetic+1 with storm > chatoyant with storm > raetic +1 without storm

you should still use the weather pieces with raetic

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By aisukage 2018-09-24 05:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Not terribly difficult, hardest part is getting a fast cast augment on staff, this set over caps (86% fast cast), I did this intentionally, you could get away with using the +1 & NQ torque rather and still cap, but your augments on the staff will have be closer to perfect.

ItemSet 361551
That's with no quick magic though. Was trying to cap that at 10 which requires cape slot.

Can Swap Ayanmo legs for Pinga. NQ pinga legs have 11% FC which is 5 more than ayanmo. Use Clerisy strap +1 for another 3% and with FC 8 augmented on grio you should be capped FC without the use of Ammo and cape allowing you to swap to the Quick cast ammo and back.

also if you only get FC 7 on Grio. You can use Enchanters earring +1 over Etiolation for that last FC

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
Server: Asura
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2018-09-24 07:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe I'm wrong but, don't you get fc+10 from light arts when /sch?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-24 07:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Somehow I always forget that Pinga exists.

Also, unless you're going /blm or some other non rdm/sch subjob you don't need 80%.

/rdm gets by with 65%
/sch gets by with 72%
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-24 07:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
/sch gets by with 72%
This is mostly true, but if you're the type of person to be concerned about capped instacast or not, you probably also want fast cast for the occasional sleep or dispel. I'd still aim for 80(or even higher, depending how it interacts with dark arts).

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-24 07:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly, Dispel is a moot point, you have to put up dark arts and addendum to cast it, so a 72% FC set would cap it anyway.

Sleep, unless you are dropping arts to cast, would require a 96% FC set to cap. also requires addendum black
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-24 09:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious Alfylicious why you wouldn't want instant cast on geo?
By Dagmar 2018-09-24 09:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious are there any solid options for the waist slot and earrings for an idle dt set. Wondering what other people are using in those slots. I'm not really sure how to go about showing my idle set on here.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-24 09:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Earrings:
genmei earring
etiolation earring
hearty earring

Waist:
I generally just go with fucho-no-obi
slipor sash looks decent if you're going for any kind of DT.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Dagmar 2018-09-24 09:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. Those were what I was thinking for the slots but I wasnt for sure. Hearty earring does sound like a good idea to throw in the mix. Hadn't thought about that one.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-09-24 09:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Building resistance to status ailments is big imho, any time keeping status stuff off myself so I can keep healing/casting “NA” spells on melee is important.

I don’t run numbers or anything but having Hearty earring, Eto earring and Staunch thathlum in idle set is really nice boost on top of all the meva gear whm gets(Inyaga is solid).
I have shamash robe ontop of those pieces and my silence resist is pretty consistent.
By Dagmar 2018-09-24 10:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking to boost my magic evasion and status effects and hopefully maintain my dt and refresh in my idle set. I think I'm at a 45 pdt and about a 12 to 14 refresh in my idle set. Hearty earring would be a good addition as would the slipor sash.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-24 10:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just issues with bubbles not getting geomancy + / duration when quick magic procs. I just shy away from it to avoid the risk. I've seen on the Geo forums that others appear to do the same.
This is an issue with the lua being used or possibly gearswap itself, perfectly fine on Ashita with a proper xml.

Possibly, Dispel is a moot point, you have to put up dark arts and addendum to cast it, so a 72% FC set would cap it anyway.

Sleep, unless you are dropping arts to cast, would require a 96% FC set to cap. also requires addendum black
I mentioned sleep and dispel (and dark arts, not light) because if you need to manage any sort of sleep or dispel on white mage you're going to have to sit in dark arts. With empyrean legs, it's not really a big problem for MP, and having sufficient fast cast makes it a non-issue for fast cast as well.

Swapping back and forth isn't very practical with 2 minute stratagems. The counterargument would be /rdm, but you may still want access to aspir or it may only be for part of a longer event.

edit: I'm not saying anyone is bad for stopping at 72%. I'm saying that if you're the type of person who truly min-maxes, you would want more.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-24 10:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Just issues with bubbles not getting geomancy + / duration when quick magic procs. I just shy away from it to avoid the risk. I've seen on the Geo forums that others appear to do the same.
This is an issue with the lua being used or possibly gearswap itself, perfectly fine on Ashita with a proper xml.

I mentioned sleep and dispel (and dark arts, not light) because if you need to manage any sort of sleep or dispel on white mage you're going to have to sit in dark arts. With empyrean legs, it's not really a big problem for MP, and having sufficient fast cast makes it a non-issue for fast cast as well.

Swapping back and forth isn't very practical with 2 minute stratagems. The counterargument would be /rdm, but you may still want access to aspir or it may only be for part of a longer event.

edit: I'm not saying anyone is bad for stopping at 72%. I'm saying that if you're the type of person who truly min-maxes, you would want more.

Then 96% is you're target. Opposite arts is a 20% penalty
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-24 10:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends how it interacts. May not be possible to go over 80%, not sure I've seen tests.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-09-24 10:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Depends how it interacts. May not be possible to go over 80%, not sure I've seen tests.

I see what you mean now. You mean that it's possible that fast cast might not go over 80%
First Page 2 3 ... 53 54 55 ... 95 96 97