Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 110 111 112
 Asura.Sagaxi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2019-04-12 08:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, Returning dragoon here (It was my 1st 75!!!). I was wondering what are the must have AF/Reforged/Empyrean/etc. to have in a rough order. Gearing for Shining one in mind, if thats any help. And yeah, it's been like 8 years I havnt touched it's gear...
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2019-04-12 09:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sagaxi said: »
Hello, Returning dragoon here (It was my 1st 75!!!). I was wondering what are the must have AF/Reforged/Empyrean/etc. to have in a rough order. Gearing for Shining one in mind, if thats any help. And yeah, it's been like 8 years I havnt touched it's gear...

If I had to redo/catchup a drg, this would be my list of things to hunt down as a priority:

I would recommend looking over Here Be DRGs to see how these pieces are commonly used in a bunch of sets.
The job kicks some serious butt if you gear it out ,get it to master and take care of your wyvern.

AF Feet + Legs to +2, then make rest +2 or rush Legs to +3
Empyrean to +1 : Legs->Hands->Feet
Relic Legs->Feet

Ambuscade Things + Armor to get and rush to +2
  • Flamma Head->Feet

• Sulevia Hands->Legs->Feet/Body

• Flamma Ring

Things to buy with your gil
Ioskeha Belt -> Moonbeam Ring -> Staunch Tathlum (for dt/hybrid set) -> Dragoon Collar+2(if you really love the job)

Omen Items
Sherida Earring / Niqmaddu Ring / Regal Ring / Anu Torque / Knobkierrie / Utu Grip

High Tier Battlefield Gear
Ginsen / Ostro Greaves / Cessance Earring

Escha Ru'an
Shukuyu Ring / Ishvara Earring / Genmei Earring

Reisenjima
Valorous Hands / Breastplate / Feet

Unity
Loricate Torque
[+]
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2019-04-12 09:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Sapphire,

exactly the kind of post I needed ^^ Much appreciated!
 Asura.Sykopata
user: Freazer
By Asura.Sykopata 2019-04-19 01:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

looking for an updated dream tier tp +wskill sets for trishula, any point towards this would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
By Ozaii 2019-04-30 12:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that the empy hear hasnt dropped yet. But. Does anyone else think its goanna be a nice bit of love for drg. All that empy looks nice already. But with good acc and such. I think its goanna come out as a nice damage boost. For drg.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-05-28 01:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I managed to dualbox Yakshi on DRG+GEO. Got around his piercing resistance by using Naegling and Savage Blade. DRG can put out some good savage blades. And I didn't even have to gear for dualwield cause capped magic haste and DRG's JA haste already had me a bit over capped with just /dnc.

I managed a win on the first try, but I think I was fairly lucky on the TP move timing. No cordon at all, and Tiiiimber only happened once late in the fight.

Acc tanked pretty hard part way in. Firstly, got hit with impact, which should be one hell of a hit to my dex, and thus acc as well. And I derped and didn't use a panacea.... And then my fighter's drink wore off, so I lost even more acc.

I feel like I should be able to improve my sets for this. I was pretty much just using my normal DRG TP set, and my impulse set for savage. But it's a little hard to tell what to change since none of the DRG sheets/sims support dualwield... I will note, single wield DRG can still get 78% haste... I wish PLD could swing that fast. Maybe /war and Fencer? Although in this case, with the steep acc requirement, the extra acc from offhand Kaja is a factor.

Anyway. DRG now has a strong slashing dmg option! I'm not actually sure where this stands in comparison to polearm dmg, but it's definitely got some niche uses.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-06-10 00:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hjarrandi Helm
DEF:125 HP+114 STR+32 DEX+21 VIT+44 AGI+16 INT+26 MND+29 CHR+38 Accuracy+41 Attack+45 Magic Accuracy+43 Evasion+38 Magic Evasion+53 "Magic Def. Bonus"+8 "Double Attack"+6% "Store TP"+7 Damage taken -10%

Hjarrandi Breastplate
DEF:155 HP+228 STR+38 DEX+24 VIT+51 AGI+19 INT+24 MND+29 CHR+35 Accuracy+47 Attack+53 Magic Accuracy+29 Evasion+47 Magic Evasion+69 "Magic Def. Bonus"+10 "Store TP"+10 Critical hit rate +13% Damage taken -12%

Geirrothr
DMG:348 Delay:492 STR+25 VIT+25 Accuracy+42 Attack+48 Polearm skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +228 Haste+7% Critical hit rate +7% All Jumps: Increases damage based on current HP

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Senaki 2019-06-10 05:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
Hjarrandi Breastplate
DEF:155 HP+228 STR+38 DEX+24 VIT+51 AGI+19 INT+24 MND+29 CHR+35 Accuracy+47 Attack+53 Magic Accuracy+29 Evasion+47 Magic Evasion+69 "Magic Def. Bonus"+10 "Store TP"+10 Critical hit rate +13% Damage taken -12%

Amazing beyond belief for Empy Polearm AM.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-06-10 10:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That body is pure Drakesbane crack. And Shining one Impulse crack. And yes, it's better than Dagon for Drakes. And probably impulse.

The lack of haste concerned me for using it as hybrid/TP gear initially. But with DRG's JA haste and capped magic haste it should be fine even with no other adjustments to TP gear. I think you still end up 2% overcapped on /sam w/ hasso.

Spreadsheet grain of salt, but I have the body coming out slightly ahead of STP+8 augmented valorous as a regular TP body with atk capped. uncapped atk it gains some additional ground. I think I'm ok with my regular TP body having a wee bit more DPS and a *** more HP/DT.

Head is a slight gain on TP gear over flamma+2 with uncapped atk, and a hefty loss with atk capped. Looks like I need an atk toggle for my TP gear...
Senaki said: »
Asura.Veikur said: »
Hjarrandi Breastplate

Amazing beyond belief for Empy Polearm AM.
I haven't checked with a Rhongo specialized TP set, but somewhat to my surprise, I'm still getting Dagon as better for AM3 up Rhongomiant TP. I guess the Triple attack+5 is just that badass? That or something wonky is going on. Take it with a grain of salt. Now, if you don't have Dagon, then this is awesome for Rongo TP. And it is probably vastly easier to get than Dagon.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-06-10 10:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

How does it hold up against Relic +3 head?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-06-10 11:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

For TP or WS?

For TP Hjarrandi Helm not surprisingly crushes Ptero+3. For WS it gets crushed by Ptero+3. Checked on Stardiver, but I don't expect it to differ on any DRG WS. Although I should possibly check camlann's That is a lot of VIT+ on Hjarrandi. Will probably lose to a WSD augment head though.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-06-10 11:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant TP. Ptero+3 was our uncapped attack piece. I figured the STP would crush it, but wasn't sure.
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-06-10 11:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG should have been on the old version back at 75 and 99, so it goes without saying...

Valefor.Ophannus
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2019-06-10 12:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow what a time to have Ryunohige. That polearm looks *** solid too. Reminds me of when I got the Valkryie Fork from Odin v2 clear before ilvl days. Good times.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-06-10 12:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I used actual Valkyrie's Fork at 75 for a long time. Looked awesome and was an aamzing polearm. I've always been a big fan of the model.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-06-10 12:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fork is definitely the best looking polearm we've ever gotten.
[+]
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2019-06-10 12:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't mean the 75 one, I meant https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Herja%27s_Fork. Was super good around Neo Nyzul/ADL days if you didn't have Ryu. I think it even beat the OaT lance because of its superior base damage and Quadruple Attack. I remember using a custom .dat mod to make my fork into Odin's. I can't find a screenshots cuz it was like 9 years ago, but looked like this:
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-06-10 13:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware you were referring to Herja's. Which is why I said I used the actual Valk fork at 75. I was replying to your reminiscence with a similar one of my own.
[+]
 Valefor.Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2019-06-10 13:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah.

Anyway, yeah, good times.

How many versions of Odin are there now? Einherjar 1, Einherjar v2, Master Trial, and now High Tier Battlefield?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-06-10 13:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

And the avatar fight that unlocks the odin avatar.
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2019-06-14 10:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an odd questions about the Peltast's Plackart +1 and Altana's Repast. Does the Wyvern get a double benefit of the food while wearing the Peltast's Plackart +1? I know the food already gives the Wyvern a boost, but does having the body give it again?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-06-14 10:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't specifically speak for Altana's repast, but I seem to recall that the Mochi type foods that also have a player and pet effect do not double up for the pet with plackart on. So I would tend to think that Repast would work the same.
 Fenrir.Bhagamu
Server: Fenrir
user: bhagamu
By Fenrir.Bhagamu 2019-06-26 15:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of a random out-there question:

I've been struggling to farm any appreciable quantity of Escha Beads due to work schedule and time zone issues (my server seems to have parties doing Quetzalcoatl during JP hours) and was looking into possibly leveling Dragoon and trying my luck with soloing it to get access to a pathway towards Aeonics. Given the whole "Dragon Killer" lore bit and all.

Is this a dumb idea?

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Bhagamu
Server: Fenrir
user: bhagamu
By Fenrir.Bhagamu 2019-06-26 17:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if there's more than one person, usually they're standing to the rear, where the incessant spike flails generally cause me to eat dirt on any other job besides PLD, and especially on my (normally used) mage and support jobs. Directly tanking it though causes a KO due to a breath attack.

Problem is, if I'm on PLD, that means 30 minute wins are out of my reach. Mummu set might not help me survive either directly tanking or the spike flail spam.

It's been a tough nut to crack.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-07-26 09:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Been a while since I've had a chance to look into more things to optimize Dragoon's damage output. Recently I finished my Ryunohige and R15'd it.

Interesting story, Drakesbane actually isn't bad. Like legit, I'm surprised. A lot of my assumptions about the play style using R15 Ryu were wrong. Mythic AM is so strong with this weapon because it's still a 492 delay weapon. With BiS TP set, 11 COR roll, you're a 2-hit with TP return, that's good. The augmented base damage and guaranteed jump crits really make this weapon competitive.

My initial data:
- Burst phases average 22% higher DPS using Ryu provided you both have a wyvern and AM3 up. (Burst phases are the phases where you have 4x jumps available, AM3 up, and angon, BoG, or Bolster available) My highest achieved DPS during burst was 8.5~10.3k DPS over 30 seconds.

- It's possible to jump cancel Drakesbane after the first hit of the animation goes off which reduces TP overflow problems and increases WS frequency.

- Drakesbane carries a higher WS AVG than Stardiver. Drakes is surprisingly consistent. The base WS is strong, and the spikes seriously nice.

[Trishula R15, pDif capped] - Stardiver (30 Samples) - WS Avg: 27.8k, Highest: 49.1k
[Ryunohige R15, pDif capped] - Drakesbane (30 Samples) - WS Avg: 38.9k, Highest: 68.4k

This is a limited sample set, but in a controlled environment it still gives you a good look as to how these numbers will extrapolate over a full run.

I'll have more to report after Dynamis on Saturday regarding the lifecycle of the weapon from 128~150 mobs. My speculation is that on Waves 1 and 2 the weapon will reign absolutely supreme, then fall off on Wave 3 because of attack penalties and the fact that DRG stuggles with attack to begin with.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-07-26 10:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
- It's possible to jump cancel Drakesbane after the first hit of the animation goes off which reduces TP overflow problems and increases WS frequency.
With or without ja0?

With ja0. Without, you can cancel it about 0.3s later. Keep in mind this highly revolves around frame rate and connection quality. I use the 60fps configuration.
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 110 111 112