Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 110 111 112
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-01-28 14:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was browsing the guide on BG Wiki.

Seems like Taeon legs are overlooked for multi attack builds.

I'm using a pair with DEX+9, Acc+25, Triple Attack +2

End stats come out to:

Taeon Tights
DEF:112 HP+47 STR+27 VIT+14 DEX+9 AGI+18 INT+28 MND+15 CHR+9 Accuracy+31 Ranged Accuracy+7 Evasion+53 Magic Evasion+69 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+6% "Triple Attack"+4%

I'm not really a fan of feeding Oseem stones, especially ferns. I did have stupid good luck with Skirmish augments however.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2019-01-28 14:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You have Dawn Mulsums too, they're incredibly cheap to craft and are pretty potent regens. Heals about 50% of your Wyvern, but using items will delay your autoattacks for a sec.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-28 14:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they're overlooked, they're just a (weaker) alternative to Valorous Hose. But if you don't care for augments, Sulevia's Cuisses +2 are better than Taeon Legs.

Mine are DEX+10 Accuracy+20 Accuracy+20 "Triple Attack"+2%. Would love to see a build where these reign supreme again, since they are so good. But I never get use out of them because I have a DM augmented V Hose with STP+5 & DA+3, so when I don't need acc, those are my go-to. If I needed acc for drg, would probably do Ptero Brais+3. Taeon has a very good spread on it, though, and may be easier to augment vs Valorous.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-01-28 14:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I don't think they're overlooked, they're just a (weaker) alternative to Valorous Hose. But if you don't care for augments, Sulevia's Cuisses +2 are better than Taeon Legs.

Mine are DEX+10 Accuracy+20 Accuracy+20 "Triple Attack"+2%. Would love to see a build where these reign supreme again, since they are so good. But I never get use out of them because I have a DM augmented V Hose with STP+5 & DA+3, so when I don't need acc, those are my go-to. If I needed acc for drg, would probably do Ptero Brais+3. Taeon has a very good spread on it, though, and may be easier to augment vs Valorous.

I'm jealous of the DM Augs. Somebody in my LS actually got a decently augged Valor body with Store TP+7/DA+3

For Trishula I'm stacking store tp and use Valorous Legs, not much choice there if you want a 4 hit. (DEX+9 Acc+24 Store TP+6 on those specific valor legs)

For Gungnir I'm messing with a pure multi attack set that has a 5 hit.

Puts me at DA+44, TA+9, QA+3 before any Wyvern buffs or aftermath. (+15 DA from Wyvern, another +5 DA from Gungnir AM)

Sulevia Cuisses+2 are great, but the haste on them is the problem.

On the plus side the +6 haste on Taeon doesn't hurt.

Flamma+2 Head (4)
Valor Body (3)
Sulevia+2 Hands (3)
NQ Ios. Belt (7)
Valor LEgs (5)
Flamma+2 Feet (2)

Puts you at 24% gear haste. HQ Ios will bump you up to 25%, Taeon + HQ belt can put you at 26%.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-28 14:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I'm jealous of the DM Augs.

Don't be. They have 0 accuracy on them, so I can only use them on mid-level content where acc isn't an issue (or i'm eating sushi).

Flamma+2 Head (4)
Valor Body (3)
Sulevia+2 Hands (3)
NQ Ios. Belt (7)
Valor LEgs (5)
Flamma+2 Feet (2)

Puts you at 24% gear haste. HQ Ios will bump you up to 25%, Taeon + HQ belt can put you at 26%.

If I'm not mistaken, because of the wyvern's JA Haste bonus, when magical capped, DRG only needs like 20%~ haste to cap. Can someone confirm that 25-26% gear haste isn't required for DRG, or am I imagining this conversation previously. If what I imagine is the case, the haste loss from using 2x Sulevia +2 pieces is mostly negligible, especially if Ioskeha+1 bump puts you at 25%.
 Asura.Veikur
Server: Asura
By Asura.Veikur 2019-01-28 14:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You only need 17%, assuming you've got capped magic haste. 12% if you've got a DNC as well.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-01-28 14:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'm jealous of the DM Augs.

Don't be. They have 0 accuracy on them, so I can only use them on mid-level content where acc isn't an issue (or i'm eating sushi).

Flamma+2 Head (4)
Valor Body (3)
Sulevia+2 Hands (3)
NQ Ios. Belt (7)
Valor LEgs (5)
Flamma+2 Feet (2)

If I'm not mistaken, because of the wyvern's JA Haste bonus, when magical capped, DRG only needs like 20%~ haste to cap. Can someone confirm that 25-26% gear haste isn't required for DRG, or am I imagining this conversation previously. If what I imagine is the case, the haste loss from using 2x Sulevia +2 pieces is mostly negligible, especially if Ioskeha+1 bump puts you at 25%.

Oh yeah very true. For some reason I overlooked that.
 Phoenix.Luxxord
Server: Phoenix
user: luxxord
By Phoenix.Luxxord 2019-01-29 18:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if ""Potency of "Cure" effect received +#%"" works with Restoring Breath?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-01-29 18:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Luxxord said: »
Does anyone know if ""Potency of "Cure" effect received +#%"" works with Restoring Breath?
Does not. And there's no need for it to. A well geared healing breath will already cure for more HP than a player has, outside of abyssea level max HP boosts.
[+]
By Ozaii 2019-01-31 15:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone run the numbers to see which weapon wins in a zerg situation now with the jump update. Does ryu pull ahead now post aug and update? Also sorry if it was already stated I must have missed it.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-01-31 20:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know, Austars sim hasn't been updated to include jumps at all. So we dont have a particularly easy way to run those numbers.
By Ozaii 2019-02-01 07:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah thats unfortunate. Thank you anyways friend.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2019-02-04 12:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Phoenix.Luxxord said: »
Does not. And there's no need for it to. A well geared healing breath will already cure for more HP than a player has, outside of abyssea level max HP boosts.

Exactly. It's already around the same potency of a Cure VI.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-02-04 14:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Good news, on average, Drakesbane outperforms Stardiver at all TP ranges with Augmented Ryunohige. Even with floored dDex.

Also, *** doing math for crit WS. Almost twice as much work.

EDIT: Fixed.

On that note, 1.81+ fTP or 2760+ TP (including Moonshade) seems to be the sweet spot for Stardiver outperforming Drakesbane with Augmented Ryunohige.
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-02-04 15:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
Good news, on average, Drakesbane outperforms Stardiver at all TP ranges with Augmented Ryunohige. Even with floored dDex.

Also, *** doing math for crit WS. Almost twice as much work.

Just to clarify, this is comparing r15 Ryu with itself, Stardiver vs Drakes correct?

Assuming it is, and don't want to confuse people who might think this is Ryu vs Trishula performing the appropriate WSs.

Unless i'm wrong. (which i'd love to be)
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-02-04 15:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just Ryu, correct. There were questions about whether Stardiver would be worth using at higher TP values or not.

It still might be, given the small loss, in order to get another 5% crit rate. But I don't care to do the math again to figure that out at the moment.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-02-04 16:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Trishula Stardiver:
By SimonSes 2019-02-04 17:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is Drakesbane has almost -19% attack penalty. So it will be kinda hard to cap attack with it for a lot of things with standard buffs.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-02-04 17:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If "a lot of things" is synonymous with Dynamis-D Wave III only, then yeah.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2019-02-04 17:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

When I use a calculator just for weaponskill damage, I get 1k Stardivers at basically 22k. That's with R15 Trish and includes the 10% bonus, 95% accuracy, and 4.05 pdif. Your 17.8 seems pretty far off. Calculator aside, it also seems abnormally low even from in game experience.
By Afania 2019-02-04 17:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
When I use a calculator just for weaponskill damage, I get 1k Stardivers at basically 22k. That's with R15 Trish and includes the 10% bonus, 95% accuracy, and 4.05 pdif. Your 17.8 seems pretty far off.

17k is with mythic.

His number with Trish is 22k too.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-02-04 17:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That 17.8 is with Ryunohige.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2019-02-04 17:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My apologies then, I misunderstood.

If the Drakesbane individual Weaponskills are stronger, and both builds run 4hit builds pretty much maxing STP, you'd have to assume Drakes would add more white damage and get off more weaponskills via the AM, it would come in superior overall.

I do think the attack penalty is a bigger deal than you make it, especially in 6 man non SP content like Ambuscade. I am also confused about how what has been such a crappy weaponskill hits harder all of a sudden due to a 15% boost when Aeonic still got 10. But I don't have the weapon so I don't have visuals to work from to know that's how hard it's actually hitting (I am empy, aeonic, relic). That being said, if your math is correct it would be hard to argue Ryu isn't often bis.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-02-04 17:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Due to the multiplicative nature of the augments, it's a 19.5% boost.

THAT said, I just realized my 1000/2000 TP numbers for Trishula are suuuuuper wrong.

By SimonSes 2019-02-04 21:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Veikur said: »
Due to the multiplicative nature of the augments, it's a 19.5% boost.

THAT said, I just realized my 1000/2000 TP numbers for Trishula are suuuuuper wrong.

You have 3000 TP Stardiver for Ryu wrong too.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-02-04 21:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure do. Dammit. Went and fixed it.
By SimonSes 2019-02-04 23:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole idea is still wrong.
If you use +2 neck for Drakesbane, why don't you use it for Stardiver? It's obviously way better than fotia neck, when you calculate it like that (as 10% increase to pdif) and if you assume Drakesbane with -19% attack can reach 4.455 pdif, then Stardiver can reach it too.

Also, do we actually have confirmation, that neck +10% is calculated on top of trait and not before it? Because (3.75+0.3)*1.1 is indeed 4.455, but 3.75*1.1+0.3 is slightly less 4.425
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-02-04 23:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I vaguely recall testing that it applied after the PDL trait.

It's marginal damage variance that I didn't feel like mathing out because I do it by hand.

Technically the 3000 TP stardiver could put out slightly higher numbers, but I didn't feel like running even more math for 5% extra DA (+0.009 MAR or 51 damage) with a mythic weapon.

PDL neck is worth 9.1% damage, where as fotia is worth 8.9%/5.7%/5.2%

Which ultimately don't change my findings, but does close the gap between the 2000 TP numbers. And moves the TP needed for SD to beat DB down to 2550ish.
By SimonSes 2019-02-04 23:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont exactly understand what you mean.

Neck is +15STR +10% damage (if you assume capped attack), which is obviously much better than Fotia neck for Stardiver at ANY tp.

Fotia for stardiver is:
+ 10.2% increase at 1250 TP (lowest TP with Ryu with moonshade)
+ 8.16% increase at 1750 TP (lowest TP with Trishula and moonshade)
+ 5.4% increase at 3000 TP

Now +2 neck is around +11.6% increase regardless of TP (assuming capped attack), which means +2 neck is always better for Stardiver if attack is capped.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-02-04 23:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot about the STR, but again, literally doesn't matter for the overall results.

Also, you're forgetting the fotia belt.
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 110 111 112