Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 110 111 112
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-04-09 21:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just from that effect. Which can be boosted to 11% if you can manage Hell Steaks.

It also has up to:
ACC/ATT/MACC/MATT +35
DA +3%
STR +30
DEX +26
Occ Annuls Damage +2%

Which offsets other options advantages. On top of the damage boost also being a damage reduction effect.
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-10 00:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
I have been tearing through the internetz searching like crazy for an old thread that tested this. It exists because I remember reading it. This is going off of memory so I can't say for sure, But I believe Circle+Breastplate on NMs was an overall 18% damage increase. That number is sticking in my head for some reason, but I can't for the life of me find that thread again. It sticks out because once I learned how big of an increase it was, it prompted this post by me back in September. Anyone know the thread or post I am referring to?

Sylph.Cherche said: »
I think Rua mentioned having something of that sort in his lua a page or so back.
Sure thing, I'll go through my Lua later on and copy-paste the rules which do it.
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-17 18:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Finished the guide, I've put this thread in the description of the video if people who watch it have further questions for you all.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-04-17 18:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Superb sir.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-04-21 23:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Tfw you assumed Drakesbane transferred TP.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-04-25 00:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

For merits I ended up going with Spirit Surge Link 5/5 and 5/5 High Jump. I figure it has more utility overall.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-25 00:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Spirit Surge or Spirit Link?

Spirit LInk is only 15 seconds of an advantage, doesn't specifically improve dps if you dont have trouble keeping rat alive (in most content, that's a non issue, even easier now with pet augment capes). Point of DRG = get tp to ws. Jump/High Jump timers gets you there quicker.

Also something to consider: if your wyvern isn't in danger, the merits from Spirit Link are near useless, since you won't need to use it as often (only once at start if its not threatened). Whereas you will always use Jump/Spirit/High Jump/Soul Jump in any content you do.

Just a thought.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-04-25 02:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Spirit Surge or Spirit Link?

Spirit LInk is only 15 seconds of an advantage, doesn't specifically improve dps if you dont have trouble keeping rat alive (in most content, that's a non issue, even easier now with pet augment capes). Point of DRG = get tp to ws. Jump/High Jump timers gets you there quicker.

Also something to consider: if your wyvern isn't in danger, the merits from Spirit Link are near useless, since you won't need to use it as often (only once at start if its not threatened). Whereas you will always use Jump/Spirit/High Jump/Soul Jump in any content you do.

Just a thought.

Brain fart, meant spirit link.

I think there are two schools of thought on category merits.
-One that is pure offense. (jump/high jump maxed)
-One that is more cautious/prefers utility.

During high buff situations I feel like Jumps can slow me down regarding job ability delay. (Capped Haste, COR using SAM Roll that drops you to a 3 Hit, Etc) In that situation I'd rather auto attack and spam SD. Honestly I'm not using them as soon as they recharge. If anything using them like that when super buffed can actually hurt your DPS.

If haste drops, get dispelled, something counters, or puts up blood weapon I spam jumps in that case.

If I am using them it's at the start of a fight when I don't have TP or when I want to put up a AM2/AM3. As far as Escha; By the time the monster is dead and another is spawned, jumps are back up any ways. I'm pretty conservative when using them.

The most annoying situations I have encountered in the past is the Wyvern dying from aoe mere seconds from spirit link being ready. Personally those 15 seconds are worth it to me. Steady Wing isn't always going to be up for every single fight. The most frustrating thing is slip damage (poison, bio, whatever)

Originally I was in the maxed Jump/High Jump camp. I'm open minded and willing to switch back.

But...
Keeping my little buddy alive at all times though and gaining:
20% Attack Bonus
20% Defense Bonus
10% Job Ability Haste
15% Double Attack (Only possible though Job Points)

Seems to out weigh a 10 second reduction on my jump timer. Granted it also works like a mini-meditate in the process (only worth using this way if wyvern has TP however).

I've never thought "Gee I sure wish I could jump sooner"
While the opposite holds true for Spirit Link

As far as what I'm trying to fight on Dragoon: Everything I possibly can lol.

I don't think there is a wrong way to play it, it can go either way.

Now if somebody caps Super Jump, Ancient Circle, Strafe, and Deep breathing I'd be scratching my head.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-25 09:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

A wyvern survival enhancing option is carry a few dawn mulsum for the cases where you really need to spirit link 15 seconds sooner. Could even code your lua to use mulsum on attempted spirit link usage when recast is down and wyvern is missing enough HP(can do much the same with escha temps, up to and including checking to see if you have dawn mulsum or temps available.)

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
During high buff situations I feel like Jumps can slow me down regarding job ability delay. (Capped Haste, COR using SAM Roll that drops you to a 3 Hit, Etc) In that situation I'd rather auto attack and spam SD. Honestly I'm not using them as soon as they recharge. If anything using them like that when super buffed can actually hurt your DPS.
No. This has been calculated and spreadsheeted to death. Even at capped haste and high buffs, Spirit and Soul Jump are DPS gains. Moreso with SAM roll, not less. Especially if you play well, and minimize JA delay by WS'ing directly after the jump, cutting off the second half of the jump's JA delay.

Barring Mythic AM3 maintenance(not that my Ryu sees the light of day anymore. ;_; ) or aiding with multistep SC(not only to get TP fast enough on later steps, but to push TP higher for more dmg on later WS in the SC), you should be riding those jump timers if you want max DPS output. Sure, some fights end before the timers are up, merits or not. But some don't. Wouldn't it be better in general to play in a manner that would let you deal more damage in case that the fight does last long enough?

If haste drops, get dispelled, something counters, or puts up blood weapon I spam jumps in that case.
I'm really not sure what the mob using blood weapon has to do with jump use.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-25 09:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The DRG guide allows flexibility for both scenarios, so no you're not wrong. I do understand the value of Spirit Link, but it really comes down to what you're fighting. If the threat of damaging aoes isn't that huge of a deal, then I think you can choose accordingly for it. If you're doing something like DynamisD, where that midboss stat stomp spam is a problem, then yes, the Spirit Link comes in handy.

edit: not to be ignored is a good Steady Wing set, and perhaps you may need to augment your tp cape with Pet PDT/DT/MDT~. I hadn't thought to bring a few dawns with me, but I'll keep that in mind for next time I do something where aoe is a problem. I rarely have wyvern die as is, but it does happen from time to time. Normally, I try to keep my Call Wyvern timer really low or ready, so I'm not hampered for the rest of the event.
 Valefor.Susake
Server: Valefor
user: Soundwave
By Valefor.Susake 2018-04-25 11:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

When are the going to fix the wyvern losing it level during geas fate? I hate having to pop ***with Spirit Link on CD. I understand it resetting on zone, but per encounter is dumb.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2018-04-25 11:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI

Dev Notes:

Quote:
JP1) A player asked about DRG relic body +2/+3's Jump bonus. Answer is that currently it's only verified/intended to work with Jump and Spirit Jump, but they have decided to allow it to work with High Jump and Soul Jump. This adjustment will be included in the next version update. In a future update, they will be looking at other Jump enhancing equipment.

JP2) DRG Jump notation will be getting examined/adjusted in a future update (to differentiate between the various Jump buff types.)
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-25 11:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

lack of information on jumps is part of why i didn’t add to my simulation, hopefully they clear up a lot of that information
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-25 12:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly Jump: [Bonus] gear should seriously work with all jumps. The only exception being High Jump specific hate reduction (af legs), which is specific for that jump. And maybe empyrean stuff that specifically says "x jump" etc. With all of the Jump gear we have, its super confusing trying to figure out which one works for each jump unless you're familiar with the mechanics via guide etc.

I just wish all jump gear worked universally, or at least they made an attempt to indicate (on the gear) which "jump" they are talking about. Its not always clear.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-25 12:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey SE could make Jump work like Boost
:trollface:
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-04-25 12:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
A wyvern survival enhancing option is carry a few dawn mulsum for the cases where you really need to spirit link 15 seconds sooner. Could even code your lua to use mulsum on attempted spirit link usage when recast is down and wyvern is missing enough HP(can do much the same with escha temps, up to and including checking to see if you have dawn mulsum or temps available.)

No. This has been calculated and spreadsheeted to death. Even at capped haste and high buffs, Spirit and Soul Jump are DPS gains. Moreso with SAM roll, not less. Especially if you play well, and minimize JA delay by WS'ing directly after the jump, cutting off the second half of the jump's JA delay.

Barring Mythic AM3 maintenance(not that my Ryu sees the light of day anymore. ;_; ) or aiding with multistep SC(not only to get TP fast enough on later steps, but to push TP higher for more dmg on later WS in the SC), you should be riding those jump timers if you want max DPS output. Sure, some fights end before the timers are up, merits or not. But some don't. Wouldn't it be better in general to play in a manner that would let you deal more damage in case that the fight does last long enough?

I'm really not sure what the mob using blood weapon has to do with jump use.

Sorry brain fart again, I meant dread spikes. Not blood weapon.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-25 12:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

They could fix this with 1 letter.

Jump: x works on "Jump" only
Jumps: x works on all jumps.
The for any other jump they just specify, spirit, high soul, etc.

Still, I like the fact that they've said they're going to look into it at all. Maybe we'll even get more stuff made to work on all jumps.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-04-25 12:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So if jump delay has been spread sheeted. How much of an actual gain are we talking about. If I'm in a situation where tp gain is already pretty disgusting/tp is overflowing;
Also how does that factor with and without warcry/savagery.

I'm mobile right now and don't have access to a spread sheet. Sorry to ask.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-25 12:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a quick glance at the sheet. Capped haste, 11 SAM and fighters rolls.

Jumps:6114.396 DPS
No Jumps: 5659.748 DPS
8.03% difference

Fairly decent.

Now, I'm not sure to what degree of perfection the sheet is assuming jumps are used. I do see that there's a cell called jump overtime, which seems to be set to 10 by default. I'm not totally sure what that means, but maybe that's assuming an average of 10 seconds of time wasted before using a jump? Would make some sense as you can't always use a jump the instant it's up. Like when you already have TP, it would be a waste to not WS first then jump, etc. Lowering the jump overtime number does increase DPS for the set that's using jumps, so it seems to be this sort of thing.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-04-25 12:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Just a quick glance at the sheet. Capped haste, 11 SAM and fighters rolls.

Jumps:6114.396 DPS
No Jumps: 5659.748 DPS
8.03% difference

Fairly decent.

Now, I'm not sure to what degree of perfection the sheet is assuming jumps are used. I do see that there's a cell called jump overtime, which seems to be set to 10 by default. I'm not totally sure what that means, but maybe that's assuming an average of 10 seconds of time wasted before using a jump? Would make some sense as you can't always use a jump the instant it's up. Like when you already have TP, it would be a waste to not WS first then jump, etc. Lowering the jump overtime number does increase DPS for the set that's using jumps, so it seems to be this sort of thing.

Thanks, I'll try playing a bit more aggressively with jumps. I feel kind of dumb for spouting the delay excuse in that case. Part of it was anecdotal and part is something I may of heard.

Out of curiosity:
Does having warcry up diminish that DPS increase at all? I figured the biggest impact in dps was from gainig tons of tp on jump, Which boosts stardivers damage.
(Only needing 1550 to to do the damage of a 3k weaponskill is pretty hot.) When things are going pretty fast though it isn't hard to end up with around 1250-1500 tp. Would I be better off using jumps when I no longer have warcry up?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-25 12:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a small increase but now that we're having this discussion, and looking back at the guide and the numbers you SS'd, it still goes back to "it depends". You're not going to realistically be able to Jump every time the ability is ready, so it's not really a huge waste to not have it capped. I can see the argument for 5/5 SL being a thing. 8% vs the possibility of losing your wyvern, and being a pld/war with a polearm is the real comparison. When you put into perspective the possibility of your wyvern dying vs boosting your dps only a smaller amount higher, really it favors Spirit Link.

Personally, I never noticed Spirit Link merits because I've had the job maxed for a while and never bothered to optimize and look back. But in light of this discussion, I'll be more diligent in assigning merits, depending on the event in question.

Quote:
While Jump 5/5s are an offensive boost, Jump itself becomes a small gain while capping haste.
The real value in jumps is while slowed, continuing or boosting SCs, maintaining AM, or shedding enmity via High Jump, and not as an endgame DPS weapon.
By contrast the 15 seconds off Spirit Link, especially over the course of a longer fight with AoEs may very well save your wyvern which is worth more than Jumps.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-04-25 12:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Jump is used to cover the gap when you get one or two attack rounds without a MA proc.

WS (2s) -> Attack (1.64s) -> Jump (1s) -> WS

JA's like Jump only cost 1s in delay if used immediately before a WS.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-25 13:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

We're talking about two slightly different things here when we have the jump dps talk.

The Spreadsheet DPS gain from Jumps that Martel posted 'only' shows the slight increase in DPS from using said jumps. Simulator doesn't account for the potential skillchain you were able to pull off due to that jump getting you to 1k+ tp, and continuing the skillchain.

So while Jumps is a dps increase, alone by itself it isn't that noteworthy. The bigger contribution is to be able to continue the skillchain if you need to, further boosting your dps. In that case, Jumps add far more value than just the raw dps the spreadsheet shows.

So jumps are always going to be a dps gain and not a loss, on both accounts mentioned above.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-25 13:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i don’t think the sheets handle jumps very efficiently to begin with.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-25 13:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Austar. I wasn't pooping on the sheets,
more or less responding to this:

Would I be better off using jumps when I no longer have warcry up?

You're not always going to have the benefit of Warcry. Jumps should always be used to keep your WS and SCs flowing. I hardly ever have them on timers, but ymmv.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-25 13:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm getting a "Buff jumps, SE!" feeling. XD Do it SE!

I also want to post a few numbers on jump/high jump, and some thoughts on spirit link merits/wyvern survival, but stupid work is getting in the way. Actually wanting me to work at work. madness.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-25 14:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not always going to have the benefit of Warcry. Jumps should always be used to keep your WS and SCs flowing. I hardly ever have them on timers, but ymmv.
sheets aren’t mine the simulations are. my simulations don’t have jumps yet since there is a lack of information for a lot of the jump equipment and how pieces interact together. i don’t believe the sheets accurately model jumps just due to how the sheets work in general.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-25 14:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

sheets aren’t mine the simulations are. my simulations don’t have jumps yet since there is a lack of information for a lot of the jump equipment and how pieces interact together. i don’t believe the sheets accurately model jumps just due to how the sheets work in general.
Hmmm. I'm interested in this. /Alucard voice.

I'd curious to see what kinda results your simulations get regarding jumps should you ever add them.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-04-25 16:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i just needed all the information really for the gear to add
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-04-25 16:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We're talking about two slightly different things here when we have the jump dps talk.

The Spreadsheet DPS gain from Jumps that Martel posted 'only' shows the slight increase in DPS from using said jumps. Simulator doesn't account for the potential skillchain you were able to pull off due to that jump getting you to 1k+ tp, and continuing the skillchain.

So while Jumps is a dps increase, alone by itself it isn't that noteworthy. The bigger contribution is to be able to continue the skillchain if you need to, further boosting your dps. In that case, Jumps add far more value than just the raw dps the spreadsheet shows.

So jumps are always going to be a dps gain and not a loss, on both accounts mentioned above.

I disagree with this some. Jumps don't help us skillchain more, we would skillchain endlessly without them. However, what they do is reduce that attacks per round needed to weaponskill while also providing direct damage. With an appropriate build, and because of the additional Jump: DA rate on our Ambuscade cape adding to our already high DA rate to make it such a likely outcome, If you jump immediately after a weaponskill, you have TP to weaponskill again in what is actually less than a combat round while also doing the damage some sort of modded double attack critical hit attack.

For situations where you are skillchaining, it's about maximimzing overflow. Soul Jump (3x TP gain, so the TP of 6 attacks) with an attack round or two on your Stardiver to close Umbra, for instance, is massive.
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 110 111 112