Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2022-11-13 16:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
guess wiki needs to be updated that emp gloves are required for those additional debuffs

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/1897.html

On the specific lancer's gloves it says it gives a "panacea"+Erase type effect

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/23120.html

That seems accurate with the testing. I can update wiki.
 Ragnarok.Casey
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2022-11-13 17:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I should note. I tested with AF3 119+1 hands, I haven't gotten around to doing Sortie yet, so if someone has +2/+3 they could confirm if it's still 2 erasable effects. The wyvern is really easy to land debuffs on in Brenner, I didn't resist once.
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2022-11-14 14:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I rememeber they specifically added remove sleep to spirit link in a patch wayyyy back in the day, like 2006/2007? Because people would sleep wyverns in ballista and then even when you ran away, the enemy would just rush the wyvern and kill it, so they gave DRG a way to wake it up.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-11-14 14:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
I rememeber they specifically added remove sleep to spirit link in a patch wayyyy back in the day, like 2006/2007? Because people would sleep wyverns in ballista and then even when you ran away, the enemy would just rush the wyvern and kill it, so they gave DRG a way to wake it up.
I mean, wasn't it the addition of Empathy merits that allowed this? because previously you couldn't spirit link a wyvern that had full HP.(if it was missing HP already, then spirit link would still wake them up cause it counted as a cure for the purposes of breaking sleep.) Post Empathy you could, and even curing for 0 wakes the wyvern up.

I don't think the decision process had anything to do with ballista. Hell, level capped ballista should still have that issue.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2022-11-15 15:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right

> When dragoons with the job trait "Empathy" use the job ability "Spirit Link," wyverns under the effect of sleep will be healed of that status even if no hit points are regained. This was 2009 though and merits were added in 2006? *** I feel old.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2022-11-15 15:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
You're right

> When dragoons with the job trait "Empathy" use the job ability "Spirit Link," wyverns under the effect of sleep will be healed of that status even if no hit points are regained. This was 2009 though and merits were added in 2006? *** I feel old.

Group 2 merits were in 2006?! Jebus....
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-01-04 01:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this is well known or not, but I noticed in gaol drg/whm wyvern was doing removal breaths, so it seems the wyvern type is set by the subjob despite it being locked out (and does not default to an offensive type wyvern expected of no subjob)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-01-04 02:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess if there was a NM where the wyvern using elemental breaths was a problem, you could use this to suppress it. Or just have a wyvern spamming status removal breaths on every WS. <,<
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2023-01-04 03:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

dragoons are amazing!!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-02-03 13:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got a good hybrid Jump sets so I don't get completely obliterated when I get caught in jump set?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-02-03 13:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Volteczero said: »
Anyone got a good hybrid Jump sets so I don't get completely obliterated when I get caught in jump set?
Depends how much DT you want can use a mix of odin head/body, moonlight rings, nyame.
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2023-02-11 08:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone been using DRG in Sortie/basement? I've been meaning to get the +3 unlock for DRG (with my group I'm usually BLM or SAM when mixing it up with melee composition) but I'm a bit worried about wiping the run by having my wyvern puke water on the mudkips.
At the same time, I just caught a JP video I'll link below of a DRG/WAR solo of Dhartok where the wyvern was almost exclusively puking water on the mudkip (it's ハイドロブレス in the log) for anywhere between 200 and 600 damage, and it seemed to go fine despite expectations.
Is proper DT and buffs enough to deal with the damage from buffed mudkip TP moves?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeQuTWxn1lg
(I didn't watch the whole video because it's nearly half an hour long)

Just wondering if puking water on the mudkips isn't as dangerous as I thought it was, because while I had fun massively overthinking about how subbing a mage job to avoid elemental breaths might work, it'd also be nice to just not do that. Maybe the path of least resistance is to just removal all breath+ gear for Hydro Breath.

I saw a couple posts about puking water on the mudkips going wrong in the Sortie thread, but now I'm kind of wondering if the problem was buffs and DT sets, or maybe I'm just totally misunderstanding how water damage works in these fights?? :V

Edit - overlooked something:

Hydro Breath dealt damage instead of proccing an absorb. Huh!
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-02-11 11:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alseyn said: »
Has anyone been using DRG in Sortie/basement? I've been meaning to get the +3 unlock for DRG (with my group I'm usually BLM or SAM when mixing it up with melee composition) but I'm a bit worried about wiping the run by having my wyvern puke water on the mudkips.
At the same time, I just caught a JP video I'll link below of a DRG/WAR solo of Dhartok where the wyvern was almost exclusively puking water on the mudkip (it's ハイドロブレス in the log) for anywhere between 200 and 600 damage, and it seemed to go fine despite expectations.
Is proper DT and buffs enough to deal with the damage from buffed mudkip TP moves?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeQuTWxn1lg
(I didn't watch the whole video because it's nearly half an hour long)

Just wondering if puking water on the mudkips isn't as dangerous as I thought it was, because while I had fun massively overthinking about how subbing a mage job to avoid elemental breaths might work, it'd also be nice to just not do that. Maybe the path of least resistance is to just removal all breath+ gear for Hydro Breath.

I saw a couple posts about puking water on the mudkips going wrong in the Sortie thread, but now I'm kind of wondering if the problem was buffs and DT sets, or maybe I'm just totally misunderstanding how water damage works in these fights?? :V

Edit - overlooked something:

Hydro Breath dealt damage instead of proccing an absorb. Huh!

There was something in the sortie thread about someone finding out water damage didn't matter for Dhartok, it was whether or not you had poison on you before he used Clobbering Wave that caused the damage spike. I can't say that applies for the dude upstairs, but it seemed they had tested and found as long as no poison was on you Clobbering Wave did little to no damage.
 Asura.Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2023-02-11 11:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Boposhopo said: »
There was something in the sortie thread about someone finding out water damage didn't matter for Dhartok, it was whether or not you had poison on you before he used Clobbering Wave that caused the damage spike. I can't say that applies for the dude upstairs, but it seemed they had tested and found as long as no poison was on you Clobbering Wave did little to no damage.

I was under the impression that the Clobbering Wave/poison debuff interaction was a separate mechanic.
Looking at the thread, I see there's a post by someone who took a 0 damage Clobbering, followed by a ~8.5k Noyade (vs Ghatjot, upstairs dude).

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56855/sortie-release-info/64/#3640373
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-02-11 12:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alseyn said: »

I was under the impression that the Clobbering Wave/poison debuff interaction was a separate mechanic.
Looking at the thread, I see there's a post by someone who took a 0 damage Clobbering, followed by a ~8.5k Noyade (vs Ghatjot, upstairs dude).

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56855/sortie-release-info/64/#3640373

It could be, but personally I've been going off the assumption that the downstairs NMs while similar, likely don't function exactly the same. I know I've healed Dhartok and Gartell multiple times unintentionally and never had a problem with getting 1 shot by something other than Clobbering Wave. The exception was when our RUN once just stood in the Cesspool poison cloud that I believe gives a MDB down effect, he was 1 shot shortly after, but I'm pretty sure he just took high dmg due to debuff and being poisoned.
 Asura.Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2023-02-11 12:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It could be, but personally I've been going off the assumption that the downstairs NMs while similar, likely don't function exactly the same. I know I've healed Dhartok and Gartell multiple times unintentionally and never had a problem with getting 1 shot by something other than Clobbering Wave. The exception was when our RUN once just stood in the Cesspool poison cloud that I believe gives a MDB down effect, he was 1 shot shortly after, but I'm pretty sure he just took high dmg due to debuff and being poisoned.

Interesting, and good to know.

Also glad to find out by accident that Hydro Breath doesn't seem to get absorbed. :V
By Taint 2023-02-11 13:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Metal E turns Dhartok's poison from Taint to normal poison. You can just use Antidotes to remove it. This protects you from Clobbering wave spiking.

If you do big water damage you'll start getting destroyed as he rages.
 Asura.Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2023-02-11 13:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Metal E turns Dhartok's poison from Taint to normal poison. You can just use Antidotes to remove it. This protects you from Clobbering wave spiking.

If you do big water damage you'll start getting destroyed as he rages.

Sounds like there's some confusion here, then. Maybe it'd be better to leave that for the Sortie thread, though - the main thing that I was talking about with my post was whether wyvern Elemental Breath would cause a wipe, but it looks like Hydro Breath doesn't seem to count since it doesn't get absorbed and the guy from that video survived with trusts for about 25 min with his wyvern constantly barfing water on the mudkip.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [73 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2023-04-25 12:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I am trying to come up with a set that caps/gets as close to cap for all of PDT/MDT/Wyvern DT while maximizing offensive potential.

ItemSet 391048

Capped haste

47% PDT
25% MDT

76% Wyvern PDT
65% Wyvern MDT

And then maximizing TA/DA/STP where possible. Brigantia's with DT-5%/DEX/ACC/ATK/STP.

I've tried to incorporate gleti's hands for the extra wyvern dt but the trade with pelt hands is losing the massive DA bonus and falling further under PDT cap.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-04-25 12:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, and it amuses me to even mention this, Aram C path has -15% wyvern DT. base+neck+aramC would be 40+25+15=80% wyvern DT.

That said, I feel it also kinda throws the whole, maximizing offensive potential part out the window.

Feet to Peltast+3 would let you swap hands to gleti's and maintain the same PDT. but there is a hefty DT loss there. Not so much an issue for MDT as there's shell. But you'll have a breath damage weakness. Hjarrandi body could shore that up, bringing you to 43% DT and 50% PDT. But Hjarrandi has shitty meva. And no haste, although you're probably fine on haste anyway.

And yeah, you lose a lot of DA. but if you're actually planning on using Ryu, DA is not all that potent under AM3. So it's not as big a loss as it might have been otherwise. The set is also rather lacking in STP though...

I think we need another piece with huge wyvern DT, that still has moderate DD stats. Not sure if that'll ever happen though.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-04-25 12:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think any set focused on keeping the wyvern alive probably needs to incorporate empy head
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2023-04-25 12:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Well, and it amuses me to even mention this, Aram C path has -15% wyvern DT. base+neck+aramC would be 40+25+15=80% wyvern DT.

That said, I feel it also kinda throws the whole, maximizing offensive potential part out the window.

Feet to Peltast+3 would let you swap hands to gleti's and maintain the same PDT. but there is a hefty DT loss there. Not so much an issue for MDT as there's shell. But you'll have a breath damage weakness. Hjarrandi body could shore that up, bringing you to 43% DT and 50% PDT. But Hjarrandi has shitty meva. And no haste, although you're probably fine on haste anyway.

And yeah, you lose a lot of DA. but if you're actually planning on using Ryu, DA is not all that potent under AM3. So it's not as big a loss as it might have been otherwise. The set is also rather lacking in STP though...

I think we need another piece with huge wyvern DT, that still has moderate DD stats. Not sure if that'll ever happen though.

Fair point on Ryu. Idk why I even included Ryu in the set actually, just my default I guess. This set would work with any weapon really but now that you mention it, I should probably build a separate WyvernDT_STP set that is accounting for Ryu AM3 with a focus on STP....and as I was typing this out I tried it and ran into the same issue of not being able to simultaneously cap haste/pdt/mdt and wyvern dt =/

An extra piece somewhere with more wyvern DT would be great.

edit-
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I think any set focused on keeping the wyvern alive probably needs to incorporate empy head

!!! I completely forgot about the absorbs dmg +18% for wyvern on the empy head. Good call! And it's got a higher haste value that most other head options which is needed...

ItemSet 391049

24% haste (damn. Bippin is right as usual), 50% PDT, 25% MDT.

Wyvern: 76% MDT, 85% PDT, absorbs dmg taken +18%

This might be the set, with or without Ryu. Guess you could swap to Sroda Earring instead of Dedition for non-Ryu sets, and swap out Isa Belt for Sailfi or Iokesha I guess if Isa Belt really isn't worth using for the pet dt-3% and regen +1.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-04-25 13:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
24% haste (damn.), 49% PDT (so close!), 25% MDT.
Not sure when you are trying to use this set, but you don't need capped gear haste with capped magic haste/hasso and wyvern out.

Edit:
Attack speed Math
Magic haste: 43.75%
Job Ability Haste: 20% (10% hasso, 10% wyvern)

Overall cap is 80% so only need ~17% gear haste.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2023-04-25 13:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
24% haste (damn.), 49% PDT (so close!), 25% MDT.
Not sure when you are trying to use this set, but you don't need capped gear haste with capped magic haste/hasso and wyvern out.

Edit:
Attack speed Math
Magic haste: 43.75%
Job Ability Haste: 20% (10% hasso, 10% wyvern)

Overall cap is 80% so only need ~17% gear haste.

I find myself on /WAR these days more and more but, yes you are right...this set is more geared for /SAM things. I neglected Hasso in my calculations.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-04-25 14:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh. I just recalled, you can do pet PDT 10%, or pet DT 5% on ambu capes as well. So if you can make up for the loss of player PDT/DT, then that's another spot where you can get some decent pet DT.

EDIT: oh, also, enmerkar earring is 3% pet DT. Terrible TP earring though.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-04-25 14:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Zurim dropped the ball on the ring.

Carmine feet with hp/mp/pdt is an ok piece for this.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2023-04-25 18:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I completely forget that Zurim ring even exists ; ; wasted potential.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-04-26 12:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If only Wyvern levels meant more buffs past 5/5 merits
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-04-27 11:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone build for 100% DA with jumps?
 Valefor.Dathus
Server: Valefor
user: Dathus
By Valefor.Dathus 2023-05-04 14:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally finished getting the plutons for my Gungnir to afterglow, and I'm looking at it vs the Geirrothr(got it from a Gobbiebox). Current set is this as I am still a semi-returning player with no real endgame shell aside from a small group of friends we play casually with. I still want to work to getting myself some better gear, though, as I love my DRG. Also have Pelt. Mez+3 if better than Flamma.

Unless I'm doing Geirskogul spam I feel like Geirrothr is going to do better, am I right?
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 111 112