U.S. Poll:Obama Worst President In Modern Times

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » U.S. poll:Obama worst president in modern times
U.S. poll:Obama worst president in modern times
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-02 12:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States

FDR, Lincoln, George Washington, Truman taking those top ranks for obvious reasons. I like that stretch from FDR to LBJ where the rankings are largely favorable then BAM Nixon.

Bush and Nixon taking the worst slots followed by Carter and Ford.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-02 12:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I think they polled people that don't own stocks.

Because my evil stocks are kicking ***! energy minerals are up 10%! and utilities are up over 7 for the quarter!

Whatever you aren't doing obama divided guberment, just keep on not doing it!
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-07-02 12:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
sorry though, I'll try not to be so daft in the future.
It's all good homey. We coo!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-02 12:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be sure to ask my stock broker in the future to order my portfolio so all of the companies I'm invested in are certified evil.

If they aren't polluting a local water supply, paying warlords to murder innocents, lobbying for war or slaving out the locals I want no part of it.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-02 12:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I'll be sure to ask my stock broker in the future to order my portfolio so all of the companies I'm invested in are certified evil.

If they aren't polluting a local water supply, paying warlords to murder innocents, lobbying for war or slaving out the locals I want no part of it.

awwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah!

and ripping off old people! that's key!

man the dow is seriously kicking *** today.... go 17K wooooooooo
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-02 12:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

"Hello, and welcome to 'Evil Stockbrokers Incorporated'. How may I direct the flow of cash from your pocket to ours?"
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-02 12:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my stock broker, by the way:

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-02 12:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Watching nest eggs shatter and old people ripped from their homes is so delightful. If that fails to satisfy my thirst for evil, American Greed Heroes is on marathon every night.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-07-02 12:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

perhaps the greatest evil of capitalism is the ways it demands your complicity

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-02 12:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a hot stock tip. Buy stock in booze!

Economy goes down? Everyone drinks to cope!

Economy goes up? Everyone drinks to celebrate!

I made a killing on Constellation Brands!!! (Corona Beer)
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-02 12:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Either way, someone is gonna die of alcohol poisoning.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-02 12:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

We need a Jim Cramer of morally reprehensible companies on cable. Gun stocks? Buy, buy, buy. Bomb producers? Buy buy buy. Healthy food? Sell, sell, sell!
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-07-02 12:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

WHO CARES!?
As long as they settle their tab first!

The best part about being evil is everything.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-02 13:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Here is a hot stock tip. Buy stock in booze! Economy goes down? Everyone drinks to cope! Economy goes up? Everyone drinks to celebrate! I made a killing on Constellation Brands!!! (Corona Beer)
WHO CARES!? As long as they settle their tab first! The best part about being evil is everything.

I'm beginning to think I should actually drink my own conscience to silence and just embrace evil myself.

Things seem to work out better when you're on the dark side. I mean, it might all end horribly at the hands of some good crusader. But hey. At least you'll have a good time until then.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-02 13:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

We need a Jim Cramer of morally reprehensible companies on cable. Gun stocks? Buy, buy, buy. Bomb producers? Buy buy buy. Healthy food? Sell, sell, sell!

Are you *** kidding me? Have you seen the prices food companies charge for that tasteless, grossly-textured gluten-free crap?

You don't get much more evil than that.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-02 13:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lawful Evil is overrated, Chaotic Good is where it's at.

Quote:
Type 1 are those who are more Chaotic than Good. They value freedom, and feel that they and others should be free to pursue their own desires — it just so happens that what they desire is to do good. They do not see doing good as a "duty" and may actively resent any attempts to compel them to do good even if the stakes are high, but will probably end up doing them anyway, justifying their actions by saying that this is what they want to do anyway. They are also the Type most likely to get annoyed by being called "The Hero" or something similar. This is also the type most likely to be a Loveable Rogue who commits crimes for their own gain, but balance it out with Never Hurt an Innocent and doing lots of good elsewhere in their lives.

Type 2 are those who are more Good than Chaotic. They desire to do good, but also feel that they have a responsibility to do good, and view freedom as a secondary (but still important) concern — essentially, they feel that being good is the price of being free, and they are more likely than Type 1 to use the law to achieve a good end. They are not opposed to the Lawful system and may even accept it as necessary or even good, but they will rarely, if ever, let it get in the way of doing what they feel is right, sometimes making them a heroic example of The Unfettered. However, this means they risk trampling on the rights and freedom of others and may push them into Well-Intentioned Extremist territory if they are not careful.

Type 3 are those devoted to a Chaotic Good cause — Freedom Fighters, benevolent anarchists, and anyone who feels that Freedom generally leads to Good, and vice versa. They usually believe Rousseau Was Right, and try to promote a society with as little government as possible, or overthrow a corrupt oppressive regime without getting drawn into the politics behind replacing it with something better. They do not believe in The Revolution Will Not Be Civilized, and the very concept is often their worst nightmare, and they will do everything to oppose or at least minimize any such trend (so long as they can be convinced that such is actually occurring, of course). For this type, the danger is being blind to the risk that their cause may be corrupted, or has little chance of achieving its end, and if they are not careful they may end up unintentionally creating something even worse than what they fought.

Type 4 is a fair balance between Types 1 and 2. They believe in doing good and in their freedom to do good, but have a grudging or even healthy respect for Lawful Good methods or types who pursue goodness by other means. Essentially, they believe that they should be allowed to be free and good as they see fit, but recognize that the rest of the world is more complicated and that whether the time is for freedom or goodness is down to a case by case basis, and will try and seek the middle ground. They try to be vigilant against the Chaotic Good danger of being judgmental on matters Lawful as best they can, though they are not immune to it.

Type 2 Chaotic Goodie reporting for FREEDOM.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-07-02 13:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Are you *** kidding me? Have you seen the prices food companies charge for that tasteless, grossly-textured gluten-free crap?

I got bitched at for bitching about the gluten-free hype yesterday, was kind of ironic.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-02 13:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's gluten free! That's good right?
Do you even know what gluten is?
SOMETHING EVIL
Do you have celiac disease?
What's that?
Then gluten doesn't *** matter you idiot.

BUT MONSANTO MAN. MONSANTO IS PURE, LIQUIFIED EVIL.

Whatever, hipsters.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-02 13:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Evil is overrated, Chaotic Good is where it's at.

Lawful Evil is pretty tight, actually.

Chaotic Neutral is fun too, but so few people are really able to maintain it for long.

Chaotic Good is...eh. I think my grandmother, actually, had that alignment...
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-02 13:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Gluten-free ***is probably the most evil thing I can think of.

Healthy for you? ***. Tastes good? More ***.

AS John Pinette once said "Have you ever had gluten free stuff? IT NEEDS GLUTEN!"
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-02 13:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you *** kidding me? Have you seen the prices food companies charge for that tasteless, grossly-textured gluten-free crap? You don't get much more evil than that.
It's gluten free! That's good right? Do you even know what gluten is? SOMETHING EVIL Do you have celiac disease? What's that? Then gluten doesn't *** matter you idiot. BUT MONSANTO MAN. MONSANTO IS PURE, LIQUIFIED EVIL. Whatever, hipsters.

Monsanto's legal and business practices are sheer, concentrated evil.

Monsanto's products are largely just doing quickly in a lab what agricultural societies have been doing for years, just not waiting out decades to get a bigger, seedless banana.

I'd like to see one of these hippies try to make their morning protein shake with an un-genetically modified banana.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-02 13:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lawful Evil is pretty tight, actually.

Chaotic Neutral is fun too, but so few people are really able to maintain it for long.

Chaotic Good is...eh. I think my grandmother, actually, had that alignment...

I'm a fan of Neutral Evil or selfish evil. You're evil on your own terms.

Chaotic Evil is just stupid evil and Lawful evil is a guise that you're bringing some type of order or serving a higher purpose when you're just a large ***.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-07-02 13:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
U.S. poll: more voters see Obama as worst president in modern times

Also in the news today: the sky is blue.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-02 13:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you *** kidding me? Have you seen the prices food companies charge for that tasteless, grossly-textured gluten-free crap? You don't get much more evil than that.
It's gluten free! That's good right? Do you even know what gluten is? SOMETHING EVIL Do you have celiac disease? What's that? Then gluten doesn't *** matter you idiot. BUT MONSANTO MAN. MONSANTO IS PURE, LIQUIFIED EVIL. Whatever, hipsters.

Monsanto's products are largely just doing quickly in a lab what agricultural societies have been doing for years, just not waiting out decades to get a bigger, seedless banana.

I'd like to see one of these hippies try to make their morning protein shake with an un-genetically modified banana.
they'd look at the thing with a deep, unrepentant sadness in their eyes, wondering what the hell it is.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-07-02 13:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the problem: Many liberal organizations conflate the two rather than point out Monsanto as a corporation is the problem, not genetically modified produce.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-07-02 13:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Being an *** doesn't make you evil, only that you're an *** who appears to be evil, because *** have an image to keep up.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-07-02 13:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Methink's it's because Burger King released the proud Whopper during his administration.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/burger-king-sells-proud-whopper-san-francisco-24389082

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-07-02 13:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lawful Evil is pretty tight, actually. Chaotic Neutral is fun too, but so few people are really able to maintain it for long. Chaotic Good is...eh. I think my grandmother, actually, had that alignment...
I'm a fan of Neutral Evil or selfish evil. You're evil on your own terms. Chaotic Evil is just stupid evil and Lawful evil is a guise that you're bringing some type of order or serving a higher purpose when you're just a large ***.

We may be over-analyzing AD&D terminology.

Or maybe I'm just applying my own interpretations over what the game rules dictate. I don't know. It's been a long time since I said down and played.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8