Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD gear help
PLD gear help
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-07-28 13:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh I give up explaining. I'm going to SMN burn PLD but once its 75 I will spend time skilling up its Sword + Skill etc. Its not going to stay a SMN burned PLD it will be no different in skill then someone who spent 3 yrs trying to lvl it in a dead server aka (carbuncle).
 Carbuncle.Kyri
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-28 13:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

<still can tell between someone who buys or doesnt know how to play a job vs someone who put time and effort into it>
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-28 13:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Aurilius said:
Ok, I'm sorry but paladin tanking really isn't as hard to learn as you people are making it out to be. In reality, no job in this game is really difficult to learn. This game is all about time sinks, and that's the bottom line.

Alice, just get all your skills capped and multiple gear sets. Have your shell start you off small with things like Genbu and Faust, and you'll eventually get it.

Playing this game is not rocket science, and some of you are too *** hardcore into this nonsense. It's a game, and its not a difficult one at that.

it may not be hard hard but it still requires, time + skill to get it down

and to be a great PLD Now that requires time invested into the Job

SMN burning a PLD skips the learning process of the job and puts you right in the situation a career PLD would be after 3 months of playing it

So yeah im putting it out there your gonna suck hard until your shield and your skill are up there
[+]
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-07-28 13:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Aurilius said:
Ok, I'm sorry but paladin tanking really isn't as hard to learn as you people are making it out to be. In reality, no job in this game is really difficult to learn. This game is all about time sinks, and that's the bottom line.

Alice, just get all your skills capped and multiple gear sets. Have your shell start you off small with things like Genbu and Faust, and you'll eventually get it.

Playing this game is not rocket science, and some of you are too *** hardcore into this nonsense. It's a game, and its not a difficult one at that.

Thanks for this some people in this game just don't understand lol.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-28 13:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... *Wonders why people take such offense to someone that Astral Burns.* It's not like she's going to end-game stuff with 20 Shield Skill.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-28 13:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Aliceisback said:
Aurilius said:

Thanks for this some people in this game just don't understand lol.

i just.. wow.. ...yea..
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-07-28 13:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What Thunderz said.
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-07-28 13:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
lol... *Wonders why people take such offense to someone that Astral Burns.* It's not like she's going to end-game stuff with 20 Shield Skill.

Atleast someone understands what i'm trying to say.
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-28 13:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As a 75 pld that tanks all of that stuff, I think you're all full of ***and being quite the elitist little douche hats.

How a person levels is irrelevant. It's not like tanking ***in an exp party holds any merit to tanking ***in end game. It's not like it takes a *** PhD to understand your job abilities.

Jesus christ people, stop trying to make this game seem so *** complex. Playing WoW is more complex than this ***, and that game is easy too.

You have like 10 abilities in FFXI on most jobs. Alice, just do your thing and if you want to cap your shield go fight Korrigans in the tree.

Case *** closed.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-07-28 13:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-07-28 13:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:

I don't take offense to astral burning in itself. Astral burn a dd? Fine, whatevs. Get a tp/ws set, swing, tp at 100, and you're going to at least be an average dd. Also, if a dd is gimped, it doesn't make that much impact. The other 35 million DDs will be there to pick up the slack. But an ls doesn't come out with 15 paladins there to pick up the slack if you screw up. If a tank wipes, there's a good chance the ls is going down. So it's not the SMN burning itself that I'm against, it's an unskilled PLD putting themselves in a position where they can fail their entire LS.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-28 13:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

boy that pld/dnc put me in my place!
lol
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-28 13:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
Aurilius said:

it may not be hard hard but it still requires, time + skill to get it down

and to be a great PLD Now that requires time invested into the Job

SMN burning a PLD skips the learning process of the job and puts you right in the situation a career PLD would be after 3 months of playing it

So yeah im putting it out there your gonna suck hard until your shield and your skill are up there
Tbh, it doesn't take much time to learn ANY job. The hardest parts about Paladin are knowing how much hate each ability gives and when to start casting a spell. I can spend one night on any job and know how to play it well than half of the people that 'main' it.
 Garuda.Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-28 13:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah you stupid ***. I'm pld/dnc because I was in campaign. You also notice I'm not wearing tanking gear either right?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-28 13:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Aurilius said:
Yeah you stupid ***. I'm pld/dnc because I was in campaign. You also notice I'm not wearing tanking gear either right?

aww your so mean big tuff guy *Snickers*
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-28 13:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just tired of you people that have to put someone down for astral burning. To be quite honest, its probably because deep down you're jealous that you can't level your jobs to 75 in a few days like other people can.

You insulted me first, so don't try and act like it was the other way around. You don't see me telling you to sub drk or gtfo ninja, do you?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-28 13:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i can smn burn myself and i have burnt merits with alice. jealous? no. lol
i have more then enough jobs and ive lvd them all. and insult, i loled at u calling me a elitest ***. as for my ninja gear that was like 3 weeks ago and do i care? no...
my ninja is my play job and not much else.
do i agree to burning pld? hell no. does that make me hate or jealous of alice? i think not. I disagree but thats my choice. does that mean we dont talk on game? no weve even been in the same ls.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-28 13:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... Aurilius has quite the temper, doesn't he?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-07-28 13:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Tbh, it doesn't take much time to learn ANY job. The hardest parts about Paladin are knowing how much hate each ability gives and when to start casting a spell. I can spend one night on any job and know how to play it well than half of the people that 'main' it.

How much experience have you had with paladin? Personally, I found it a deep, engrossing job that's very hard to really do well. And i really don't play it that well. If you think that all there is to paladin is spamming JA's to get hate, i don't think you would keep hate very long, and you likely wouldn't survive very long against a lot of mobs. It's fairly easy to be a mediocre paladin, but i still belive it's quite hard to be a very good one. If you can pick it all up in a day, you are a lot more talented than i will ever be.

Aurilius said:

Keyboard warriors FTW ><
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-28 13:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

he uses bad word too. if i was his mommy id bend him over my knee
[+]
 Siren.Broly
Server: Siren
user: Broly
By Siren.Broly 2009-07-28 13:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, were streying off the subject. I do have my 2cents to put in though. Yes, ptying helps you understand the job, but the basis of being pld in a pty is to roll voke and keep hate. In pty you useless unless your pld/war. Alot of endgame your /nin alot. Its simply put. Whatever gear and stradegy works is all that matters. The one thing all you hardcore ffxi players seem to loose sight of, because your way works, doesnt always mean thats the only way to do it or be geared. If someone wants to smn burn there pld, in the end thats there choice. There is no right or wrong. Give your opinions but stop being *** about it. Its people like that in general that makes FF more of a job than a game. Get off your high horse because you have full Homan or ares and talk to people like there, i dont know, a person...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-28 13:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I'm so jealous of people doing something I choose not to do because I'd rather enjoy the job 1-75 as well. I'd rather take a main 1-75 in a couple months than in 4 days where I have to go out and skillup afterwards and figure out what the hell I'm doing with my brand new 75. Loving the half-assed Campaign DD set you got there, btw.
[+]
 Ramuh.Zangada
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-07-28 13:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How u lvl makes all the difference, it teaches u what to do in most situations against different mobs and with different jobs. Smn burns r for lazy fks who cant take time to lvl so the ppl who end up playing with them suffer cause u dont know wtf ur doing. The quality of 75 jobs have dropped alot, ppl just want to hurry up and suck.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-28 13:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Broly said:
Ok, were streying off the subject. I do have my 2cents to put in though. Yes, ptying helps you understand the job, but the basis of being pld in a pty is to roll voke and keep hate. In pty you useless unless your pld/war. Alot of endgame your /nin alot. Its simply put. Whatever gear and stradegy works is all that matters. The one thing all you hardcore ffxi players seem to loose sight of, because your way works, doesnt always mean thats the only way to do it or be geared. If someone wants to smn burn there pld, in the end thats there choice. There is no right or wrong. Give your opinions but stop being *** about it. Its people like that in general that makes FF more of a job than a game. Get off your high horse because you have full Homan or ares and talk to people like there, i dont know, a person...
You sir, need a dictionary.

For me... I'd AB if I even had time to do that. lol I barely have time for anything, let alone spending hours upon hours leveling a job. And partying is boooooooring. Seriously... The only thing you 'learn' is how to do the same actions over and over and over...
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-28 13:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Aurilius said:
I'm just tired of you people that have to put someone down for astral burning. To be quite honest, its probably because deep down you're jealous that you can't level your jobs to 75 in a few days like other people can.

You insulted me first, so don't try and act like it was the other way around. You don't see me telling you to sub drk or gtfo ninja, do you?

I lvl'd my ninja in a week max and had my katana/evasion/+50 skill on my parry

it will take you about the same amount of time or more to do the same

so noway im I jealous

The 2nd reason im not soo pumped about people burning PLD is if your "really" going to cap your skills its gonna take you about a good month++ of casually skilling up Just to get it to 200~ish

So ya
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-07-28 13:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Broly said:
There is no right or wrong. Give your opinions but stop being *** about it.

There is a right way and a wrong way. If your alliance is lying dead at the feet of Byakko, I'd say that's a fairly strong indicator that you've done it the wrong way.

Broly said:
Get off your high horse because you have full Homan or ares and talk to people like there, i dont know, a person...

I feel like i have been reasonably civil so far. I said in my first post on the thread that the gear you have is not nearly as important as how you use it.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-28 13:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Zangada said:
How u lvl makes all the difference, it teaches u what to do in most situations against different mobs and with different jobs. Smn burns r for lazy fks who cant take time to lvl so the ppl who end up playing with them suffer cause u dont know wtf ur doing. The quality of 75 jobs have dropped alot, ppl just want to hurry up and suck.

word up! this is my point to the T
[+]
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-07-28 14:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok sorry everyone i didn't sit in a sucky pt all day and go Provoke Cure Sentinel etc for days on end. I dont plan to main PLD its just for back up. Trust me I will most likely not play it unless I NEEEEEED to. Just like my BRD and THF. They have just enough so when i need to play them i can.
[+]
 Siren.Broly
Server: Siren
user: Broly
By Siren.Broly 2009-07-28 14:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, my spelling and grammer are crap. Ive never denied that, thanks for being one of the many to point that out. Honestly, i dont car. I made my point. Sevourn, i never said you where being uncivil or anything like that. But this thread was supposed to be simple and everyones hard head seems to have let us strey from the subject. Your point was very sturn and the pic makes you look like your pissed at the world, which dont help, lol. Everything ive said wasnt to insult anyone. Tbest's comment "You sir, need a dictionary." was rather immature seeing how you where trying to take a direct stab at me. the funny thing is. Saying such a direct insult shows me one thing. I must have hit a nerve, which i didnt mean to, and what i described must fit his discrition. Anyway, im done. This thread should be done. The origional question was answered.
 Garuda.Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-07-28 14:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok Broly. People on the internet don't read before they spew nonsense.

The title clearly states that Alice was asking for help with gear. People decided to make the thread about something else.

This is the last thing I say in this thread because it is no longer about the intended subject.
[+]