First Page 2 3 4 5
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-07-28 15:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyri said:
I advise you to get a scroll of provoke dropped by killing cerberus ONLY if you solo him for a pop item that you trade to a npc in nashmau...

I loled XD
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-28 15:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
Meh, exping is tedious enough. If you wanna rush it, be my guest. I couldn't fault you for it... it is by far the worst part of the game, especially the late 60s etc. Some jobs like PLD don't tend to get particularly good invites, especially 70+.

Yeah, you'll be missing some skills you pick up from levelling but you now have a lot of time left over to learn them and then some :D

PLD tanking in endgame is completely different to exp anyway unless you're /war for some reason. As long as you're a reasonably intelligent player, it's not gonna make you terrible in the long run.

73~74 is when merit party's happen

go 2 camps ding 75 or level sync @ imp camp

your shield should be around 200+

then in time it will get to 276

This game doesn't forgive skipping out of stuff lol the grind will catch up anyways

I rather be in a Exp party with friends then sitting in TBT all day skilling up stuff
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-28 15:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
I can see it now... The new question on any End-Game shell application...

"Have you ever used an Astral Burn to level any of your jobs?" "If yes, GTFO!"

actually i have.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-07-28 21:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Broly said:
In pty you useless unless your pld/war. Alot of endgame your /nin alot.

Stop. (Hammertime!)

No, but really. pld/war is only good in exp party till.. 60? maybe? Scratch that it's always good. But you can do so much better going pld/nin and gearing up to DD; or going pld/dnc and maintaining hate with waltzes and sambas.

At any rate, I don;t think a lot of the people commenting really care that she is summon burning a job. I know I don't. The point we're trying to make is that it's not as easy as you think to cap shield skill or learn the job that you're playing. In addition to this, the OP said that she was doing it to help out her LS. Point I was trying to make is that without experience / capped skills she's not going to be much helpm and likely more of a hindrance.

But, she said she was planning on capping skills and starting off w/ easy mobs, so great. all the power to her and hope it works out well.

In reference to the original question, There is a wealth of suggestions on the front page that should be a great starting point. As other people have said though, there's no "full time" gear for paladin. You'll likely have many sets, especially as you work with it more and get more r/e gear. Idle, Haste, Enmity, Ichi Will probably be the main ones when you start.

Edit: Oh and broly, you might want to consider switching out bibiki shell and knightly mantle. @ level 75 vitality has very low return for the amount you stack. You'd be much better off trying to get hp in those spots. Or even Attack for more hate when you are meleeing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-07-28 22:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Knightly Mantle is always terrible outside of a Rampart macro. Breath Mantle => High Breath Mantle => Amemet +1 (situationally) => etc for exp backpieces.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-28 22:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerb Mantle

Rosenbogen best of both, or Lamia/+1

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=16212

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=17200

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18682
 Odin.Karusan
Server: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-07-28 22:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS uses:
PLD/NIN - Sky, Sea (less JoL), KS99, Limbus, most ZNM
PLD/RDM - JoL
PLD/WAR - >.>
PLD/DNC - >.>

That's not a reflection of our linkshells activity, just (based on my experience) the amount of times I have had to use other jobs.

The only time I can think of using /WAR is the mission 10 moogle fight. The only time I can think of using /DNC is Campaign.

Basically all I'm saying is the gear should reflect what you want to do. If you only pull your PLD out for Ultima then you should have an HP/MDB set on top of your standard gear, stuff like that. It's something you learn through experience and something that takes time and something you look up and learn to understand yourself, not through people throwing names of things at you on the forums.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-29 02:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Altar said:
Sorry if it seems I'm picking on you Chaos, I'm not. You made the most detailed contribution, and I thought it would be the best one to edit.
No problem, I wasn't exactly trying to go all out on the best gear out there, after all I did mention I don't have sea so I was only speculating on sea gears. I was also going by the OP's description, meaning he's not even close to getting any of the WoTG's armor.

Basically my good old Dynamis Buddy summed it up. /wave Celestinia
Celestinia said:
Nice contributions here. basically see chaosx for the cheep options and altar for the more expensive/more time consuming to get items.

Don't forget to campaign a lot, aside from the full iron ram set the new ring with -2% dmg is extremely useful.

Key stats for PLD are:
-Hp+(more you have less enmity you lose when mob hits you)
-Mp+ (more cures = more hate gain)
-Enmity+ (get to around 30+ at least to hold hate well)
-Shield skill (best way to decrease dmg to yourself is to have this 300+). Others are:
-Vit (only need +30 at 75 really not hard to reach)
-Magic defense for situational use.

I wasn't going cheap cheap, just moderately priced :P

But now Back to Altar, heheh! My Turn :P

Altar said:
Or Terror Shield.
Yeah it's definitely a sweet piece, but at 1.4mil on my server is why I left this option out.

Altar said:
Don't use the shell unless you need the Aquan Killer. Rosenbogen or Lamian Kaman here.

IMO the shell is better than the Rosenbogen, that extra HP is easily gained with 1 HP merit. However the Lamian Kaman is a good price and worth getting when you need some more Magic Defense and a few extra MP. The +1 would be nice too, but @ 1.3mil, lol, ok call me cheap. :P

Altar said:
Or Trance Belt!
I'll give you this one. HP+14 and enmity + 4 is nice. At 400k, I should get me one of these now, LOL!

Altar said:
Resentment Cape is a great piece to have as well, as is a Gigant Mantle.
Yes the resentment cape is great for 40-74 as well. As for the Gigant Mantle 1.4mil for HP+80 is why I left this out.

Altar said:
Many Options for rings. Jelly Ring is incredibly situational, but for those situations you'll be glad you have it. Mob is soloable by most 75's - go get one. Bomb Queen ring is another nice piece to have.
Yeah basically you have to make sure when using the Jelly ring, the mob doesn't cast any higher tier magic. Bomb Queen ring kind of slipped my mind. Good for HP build.

Altar said:
Shield Torque.
I thought about buying this at one point, it's price isn't too bad either. But personally I just keep the Parade gorget and working towards Ritter. This is a good option too, but I like to keep my gear swaps down to a minimum.

Altar said:
If You have atonement, are meleeing, and it's not Hydra, Joyeuse is often better.
I need atonement so I can put my Joyeuse to better use for my PLD! I'm still on floor 0, yet I have Askar head piece, LOL!

----------

Altar said:

No, just no. This is on par with purple feet. Askar head is only slightly better than turban for DD's. For a pld tanking it's no contest. You want the extra haste for shadows, and the hp/mp is a huge bonus. Seriously, if walmart turban had enmity on it, it would be the perfect pld head. Only time to ever take it off is when youre casting ichi and macro in koenig head.
Why would you take off your haste when casting shadows? And this is definitely not on par with purple feet. Yes, if Walmart turban had enmity it would be perfect. However, I put this in as an option for /nin only because unlike the walmart turban, Askar head provides defense and VIT at the cost of 1% haste. When both Utsusemis are down, I'd rather have more defense so I could take a hit. Plus the added DEX also gives you a little more ACC to help build hate. Don't get me wrong HP & MP + 30 is a huge plus for a PLD/NIN, but if you're getting hit by some huge NM, that 30 HP and MP are gone quickly. Whereas if you have an added 23 defense and +4 VIT (think that translate to 2 more def) IMO that's going to make a better difference. This is definitely debatable as I've seen some of the best PLDs use Askar over Walmart and others use Walmart instead, but please don't compare this to the ugly purple feet! :P

Altar said:
More of a reason to use Terror shield on /nin, since the vit doesnt do anything for you anymore on /nin, but youre getting hp, enm+
Cha-ching! 1.4mil... Gimmie some of that gil and I'll gladly buy one xD

Altar said:
Speed/V Belt > Swift Belt > Trance Belt > Warwolf Belt
Agreed. I just left out the trance belt. Partly because I am somewhat wise with my gil. Warwolf is good for PLD and good for WS's for my WAR. I had to get a Potent belt for my war to TP in, so I guess I tried to keep costs down here. Left out Swift belt too, because it's not an option I can obtain yet, hence why I only guess at what's good from sea as well.

Altar said:
Valor Legs are a very nice piece to have on /nin for the interrupt down.
I would kill for these! Lol! Only reason I didn't include them is because I forgot about them. Why? I've only seen these drop twice in 2 years of doing dynamis. The less you see of something the more you tend to forget about it. Forgot about the spell interruption on these too, definitely need them for /nin.

Altar said:
Aurums destroy Dusk. Plus no slow running! Use AF when shadows are down. Askar feet are nice too.
Yes Aurums destroy dusk. But honestly going through all the work to get up to fighting a Tier III ZNM for about a 33% chance of seeing these drop... definitely hard to obtain. These are almost in the same category as the Ares Body.
I know included askar feet in for /war, but I guess I forgot to include them in for /nin. Askar feet can be macro'd in for flashes, Spirits within, etc., and valor feet for sentinel. I was up late when I typed that all up, lol. I missed putting askar feet in with /nin.

Altar said:
See Wala Turban. Homam head is really only good for blu. *occassionally* drk. That's why most linkshells sell them so cheap. On Bismarck there's a shell that seels them for 1-200k o.o
Like I said I can only speculate on how effective Sea gear is :(

Altar said:
For Bodies: Get the ACP FC+5,Enm+5. If you don't have acp or have used your body on something else (although if you use paladin a lot, you want this body from acp. It's simply broken, and no other job gets as much out of the body pieces as Paladin. Maybe Dragoon with a fake hauby...), Get the new IR body. Second highest enm in the game, huge MDB, huge HP. Great Piece. If not that, get Valor Body (valor body nq >> gallant body +1. More Hp, more enm). If not that, AF is fine. If you have the money, Avalon BPlate is nice. Ugly as hell, but you get a lot of enm, acc and MDT%-. Be careful on this piece though. Price is sure to drop with the new IR Body released. I'm ignoring a lot of other options here because of the difficulty in obtaining them. But, Hydra body, Koenig Body, Valhalla Body, Ares Body for completion.
I'm still working on getting the ACP body, failed 3 times so far, closest I got was a Zerg attempt and got the crystal down to about 10%. That climb is a ***. You're right though, the ACP body is by far the most useful for PLD w/ Fast cast and enmity. Why didn't I include it?
Aliceisback said:
Hi I'm leveling my paladin to 75. I'm curious as to what i should wear before i get good things like homam, valor, etc
Because I consider this a good thing, and they wanted to know what to wear before any good things.

That new campaign body is sexy, and I'm also working on trying to get that. I'm still 3 medals and 30k notes away from it. Also not included because the OP isn't even close to getting this.

You're right about Valor being > AF+1. After looking both of them up, Valor is definitely better. Someone a long time ago when I was leveling PLD (my 1rst 75) told me that AF+1 was better than Valor. So that concept always stuck with me. Thinking back on it now, I think they were just trying to show off that they got it and dissed anything else. New players are convinced of a lot of things that are wrong by people trying to act like they are better. I'm glad you mentioned that, it's one of those concepts I always had wrong. My Valor Surcoat didn't drop in dynamis today either :(, oh well maybe next time.

I hope you're right about the Avalon Breastplate dropping price, 6 mil is still too rich for my blood. Yeah it's ugly, but would make an awesome piece to solo in, or use if the mobs aren't heavy magic users.

So yeah I think we both strayed from the OP's question, he wanted to know about stuff that even before Valor, LOL!

Once I get some gil together I'm definitely going to pick up one of those trance belts now. Thanks for the more info, it's always good to know of things I forgot about or totally missed.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-07-29 06:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:
Lots of things

Wow, I guess a lot of my options are pricey eh >.> Sorry about that! o.O

Also, I'm incredibly jealous @ your 400k T Belts. They run about 600 here on Bis.

Just a few things;

The reason I would use one of the bows ahead of the shell is because its basically 1vit vs 10hp vs 10mp/1mdb, and like Celest mentioned, as you get higher in levels, def and Vit become less important because of the huge diminishing returns on them. The 10hp not only adds survivability, but also helps to decrease enmity loss. The mdb on the LK is also great for a variety of situations.

Atonement is pure win on Pld. I can't even begin to say how much I love it, especially when tanking Gods or bigger NMs. Amazing. Plus! Nyzul is fun! Go get it! :D

If you're having trouble with acp, here's the setup I used:
Pld, Rdm/Drk, Whm, Blm, Rng, Rng
This is especially effective in a pickup because the only person who really matters is the paladin (being you). In a Zerg setup, youre relying on everyone to do their job. Bard has to be decently merited, Rdm/Drk has to successfully stun lock, and the melee can't be overly gimp. In the Pld set up above, there's redundancy in every role. If the Blm doesn't kill a pet, the Rdm can step up and take it out. If the whm needs help healing the pld, rdm can help out there as well. If the rdm/drk misses a stun, You have the blm. And the Rng of course just wail away at the crystal. Just toss on all the Magic Dmg %- and MDB gear you have and keep running for the corner - you shouldnt have too many troubles unless you get charmed.

Not sure if buying Aurums would be possible on your server. Most people that sell tend to keep the price in the range of 600k to 1M, which might seem steep, but don't forget to factor in that once you get aurums you can sell your dusk for ~400k.

I need to look @ the numbers again, but I think that it's possible to cap out MagDmgTaken%- using only your nonvisible slots (rings and earrings mainly) and ShellraV, so in a pure magic defense set, the MDB+6 from IR body >> the -5%MDT on Avalon. Add on the higher enm of IR and all youre left with on the Avalon is the accuracy boost, which does make it one of the better idling pieces for pld/nin (Ares' might actually be the only one that's better) - but not nearly worth 6M, and I think the prices *should* drop to reflect that, even if it's an uncommon drop.

In terms of the head gear, Ideally, the setup you would use is keep wala on whenever you have shadows for the haste. When shadows are up, the stats youre looking at are:
1% haste, 30mp/hp vs 4dex 4str.
Wala wins this, especially since you are using a 1 handed weap (The true strength of the Askar Head is with 2 handed weaps where you will see the str/dex bonus a lot more). When shadows are down, switch to a koenig head. When casting spells, the recast timer is based upon the amount of haste you have on at the *end* of casting.
So what you want to do here, is basically switch to your shield skill/spell interrupt down/turtle gear and start casting the spell, then @ around 65% or so, switch back to all the haste gear you have. This gives you the best of both worlds in that your shield skill set prevents you from being interrupted *and* will result in you taking the least damage/losing the least hate while you have no shadows.
Now that the new MKE expansion has lots of helms with the possibility of "Fast Cast" +5 augment, the new ideal setup would be to put on all your fast cast gear (for pld, this would be loq earring, acp body, mke head and homam legs), start casting the spell, switch to shield skill, then switch to haste at the very end.
Shield torque would be for macro purposes only. I tend to idle in Parade Gorget and use ritter for JAs/cures.

And you're right. Nothing is quite as bad as purple feet >.>
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-29 09:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah once gear starts to cost over 500k I consider it pricely and start to really research if before I buy it. Of course when I bought my cerb mantle it was 1 million, now it floats around 500k-600k.

I mainly use the Askar head for my WAR anyway, but I also use it for my PLD when I decide to go DD'ing with my Subduer. I still find it good for when I go /nin :P

I only just started to join a static for Nyzul, so I'm getting there. Only armor I want from there now is hands. And maybe the body for show, lol.

Gonna try for ACP11 again this weekend. Hopefully I'll get it this time. I'm waiting to beat that before I get MKE. Besides I learned from rushing to do ACP, it's better to wait now as to not trying to be apart of 50 people camping 10 mobs at the same time lol.

Didn't know that about haste affecting casting at the end. Good to know that. Another thing with casting shadows I found out, having your ninjutsu capped helps a whole lot. I discovered this after I leveled DNC to 37 and decided to duo my NIN/DNC to 75 with a friend's NIN/WAR. My NIN is currently at 40 and all skills, katana, throwing and ninjutsu are all capped at this level. Then when I went back to PLD/NIN for NMs, events, etc. I noticed a huge difference in that I can actually get hit and still cast off Ichi.

It's funny Trance belts may only be around 400k, but our server keeps floating around the top of the econmic index. Nothing is cheap on Leviathan, lol!
Altar said:

This is the one thing everyone agrees on! I don't even know why they make em. Maybe to trick people into buying them to complete the set, lol. Personally I never liked the look of any of the adaman gear, except the sheild, so I was all to eager to get rid of the pants asap.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-07-29 10:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:

Altar said:

This is the one thing everyone agrees on! I don't even know why they make em. Maybe to trick people into buying them to complete the set, lol. Personally I never liked the look of any of the adaman gear, except the sheild, so I was all to eager to get rid of the pants asap.

Ugh.... A LS mate of mine always teases me about my Aegisjalmr. People think im still wearing ada helm and i facepalm. T.T
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-29 10:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashman said:
Chaosx said:

Altar said:

Ugh.... A LS mate of mine always teases me about my Aegisjalmr. People think im still wearing ada helm and i facepalm. T.T

Lol! I always mistake the adaman helm for the AssJammer.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-29 10:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:

Altar said:
Don't use the shell unless you need the Aquan Killer. Rosenbogen or Lamian Kaman here.

IMO the shell is better than the Rosenbogen, that extra HP is easily gained with 1 HP merit.

not yellin at you or anything i liked ur post but when ppl say that it annoys me, yea u get the +10 hp from 1 merit, but w/ the Rosenbogen its still +10 more ._., STILL 10 more then u have otherwise :/

Edit**

Also lets you maybe put that merit somewhere else if u wanna think that that too
 Bismarck.Idevlboy
user: idevlboy
By Bismarck.Idevlboy 2009-07-29 10:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Altar said:
Chaosx said:
Lots of things

The reason I would use one of the bows ahead of the shell is because its basically 1vit vs 10hp vs 10mp/1mdb, and like Celest mentioned, as you get higher in levels, def and Vit become less important because of the huge diminishing returns on them. The 10hp not only adds survivability, but also helps to decrease enmity loss. The mdb on the LK is also great for a variety of situations.

I think you guys are looking at this the wrong way. Really need to look at it like a whm would look at MP. Once its gone its gone. (Hence the reason MP build whms are a thing of the past. You can drop on all of your Zenith gear for resting but once you use it get the hell out of it because you will gain much more from having MND in those slots.) Get hit 1x and that 10hp is no longer doing you any good. That 1 VIT marginal as it may be is still there no matter how many times you get hit. Sure having an extra 10hp may help you to generate a very fractional bit of enm if you cure yourself but over the course of getting hit multiple times the VIT should generate more of a result.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-29 10:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but Rosenbogen lets PLD's PEW PEW PEW Arrows w/ their no archery skill >.>
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-29 10:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Common choice lately is that San d'Orian Campaign armor, for obvious reasons. Just as long as you don't use these, you'll be okay.

QFT, late, but omg
 Bismarck.Idevlboy
By Bismarck.Idevlboy 2009-07-29 10:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Yea but Rosenbogen lets PLD's PEW PEW PEW Arrows w/ their no archery skill >.>

Always wanted to throw on some arrows when using Cerb Bow as part of fire kit and Shoot at Bahamut or Tiamat or w/e just for the fun of it. And too see the weird looks/comments i would get from LS!
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-29 10:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

its also complete BS PLD can use great bows, but no skill lol
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-07-29 11:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:

Yes pld/rng we will finally have a form of DD!
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-07-29 11:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:
Of course when I bought my cerb mantle it was 1 million, now it floats around 500k-600k. I mainly use the Askar head for my WAR anyway.
Ya I Use Askar head for my war too, mainly because I'm not acc capped on war for most things >.>
I have a worse cerb mantle story. When I got mine I basically traded my gigant +400k for the cerb mantle, back when cerbs were ~1.1 and gigants were ~600k. Now Cerbs are around 800k and gigants are like 1.4. /cry

Idevlboy said:
I think you guys are looking at this the wrong way. Really need to look at it like a whm would look at MP. Once its gone its gone. (Hence the reason MP build whms are a thing of the past. You can drop on all of your Zenith gear for resting but once you use it get the hell out of it because you will gain much more from having MND in those slots.) Get hit 1x and that 10hp is no longer doing you any good. That 1 VIT marginal as it may be is still there no matter how many times you get hit. Sure having an extra 10hp may help you to generate a very fractional bit of enm if you cure yourself but over the course of getting hit multiple times the VIT should generate more of a result.
That might be the case with a LKaman(+1) and its MP boost, but not so much for Rosenbogen. With MP, once its gone, the only way youre getting it back midfight is through Chivalry or Devotion, so ya, gearing mp on a pld the whole fight is pretty useless. But with HP, youre constantly getting back to your cap w/ self cures or someone else curing you, so to say it's gone is kind of not true.

That said, I Use an LK on my paladin. Even if that MP is gone, the MDB on it is still pretty valuable. Also, I happen to have gotten lucky with augments and have Fire+9 on it :D

But most importantly. the ranged delay on LK is way less than Rosenbogen. pew pew pew!!
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-29 11:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Urial said:
Rumaha said:

Yes pld/rng we will finally have a form of DD!

*** YEAH! lol
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-29 11:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Altar said:

That might be the case with a LKaman(+1) and its MP boost, but not so much for Rosenbogen. With MP, once its gone, the only way youre getting it back midfight is through Chivalry or Devotion, so ya, gearing mp on a pld the whole fight is pretty useless. But with HP, youre constantly getting back to your cap w/ self cures or someone else curing you, so to say it's gone is kind of not true.

That said, I Use an LK on my paladin. Even if that MP is gone, the MDB on it is still pretty valuable. Also, I happen to have gotten lucky with augments and have Fire+9 on it :D

But most importantly. the ranged delay on LK is way less than Rosenbogen. pew pew pew!!

QFT, and its clear all of us PLDs want to PEW PEW PEW! SE HOOK US UP!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-29 14:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:

not yellin at you or anything i liked ur post but when ppl say that it annoys me, yea u get the +10 hp from 1 merit, but w/ the Rosenbogen its still +10 more ._., STILL 10 more then u have otherwise :/

Edit**

Also lets you maybe put that merit somewhere else if u wanna think that that too

Yeah I just kind of threw that in the argument between the Shell and Rosenbogen. I totally understand, even if you had all your HP meritted, then if you had that bow you'd get 10 more HP. I could see where that kind of logic would get annoying.

It's just my preference however. I just feel I'd rather use the shell than the Rosenbogen, because I don't feel 10hp is worth -1 VIT. Once you're 75 VIT isn't as important but you generally still need around +30. A lot people disagree and that's fine, have your +10 hp, lol, I'll take my extra VIT. Also I don't wanna spend 100k on +10hp -1 VIT. If the Rosenbogen +1 was say around 100-200k or even up to 400k, I'd definitely use that instead in a heartbeat, but 10mil, {No, Thanks}. With that extra VIT in ammo I can concentrate more on other stats in determining other armor too, including more hp build somewhere else.

I am a supporter of using the Lamian Kaman for Magic Defense bonus and +10mp when the situation calls for it. And at 35k for this stat, that I feel is well worth the price. 1.3mil for the Lamian Kaman +1 tho for an extra point and extra 2mp, {No, Thanks}. Lol
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-29 14:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly the +10 HP isn't even worth using. Because think about it. You get hit, you no longer have max HP, and then you just wasted a slot that could have had an extra VIT on it.
 Bismarck.Idevlboy
By Bismarck.Idevlboy 2009-07-29 14:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Honestly the +10 HP isn't even worth using. Because think about it. You get hit, you no longer have max HP, and then you just wasted a slot that could have had an extra VIT on it.

Cliffnotes version of what i tried to say earlier:

Idevlboy said:
That 1 VIT marginal as it may be is still there no matter how many times you get hit. Sure having an extra 10hp may help you to generate a very fractional bit of enm if you cure yourself but over the course of getting hit multiple times the VIT should generate more of a result.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-07-29 17:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:

I think Kanican showed on a graph that more max hp you have less enmity you lose when mob hits you, but the amount of enmity lost starts to level out at 1.5k hp, so anything that can get your max to 1.5k is worth it imo.

That said, BQR, Gigant and Sattva can pretty much get you to 1.5k with the rest of your tanking gear, even more so with Homam so raising your defense cap with the VIT and macro in the hp+ for a cure cheat is probably the best way to go.

(late post but I been out all day XD)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-29 17:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Celestinia said:
Enternius said:

I think Kanican showed on a graph that more max hp you have less enmity you lose when mob hits you, but the amount of enmity lost starts to level out at 1.5k hp, so anything that can get your max to 1.5k is worth it imo.

That said, BQR, Gigant and Sattva can pretty much get you to 1.5k with the rest of your tanking gear, even more so with Homam so raising your defense cap with the VIT and macro in the hp+ for a cure cheat is probably the best way to go.

(late post but I been out all day XD)
No excuse not to say hi! >:P
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-07-29 18:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:

Lol Hi chaos :P
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-29 23:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Celestinia said:
Chaosx said:

Lol Hi chaos :P

y0! Just got my Ritter Gorget tonight! w00t! Now I'll have a sweet piece to macro in for hate. ^^
Now that I got my Iota Ring and finally Ritter Gorget the only thing I need now from Einherjar is some Abjs to drop, lol!