G.O.P. Succumbs To Rare Outbreak Of Sanity

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » G.O.P. Succumbs to Rare Outbreak of Sanity
G.O.P. Succumbs to Rare Outbreak of Sanity
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-13 16:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Thank you, I never would have figured that out on my own.
I lose money every time I assume competence. Anyhow, it was more about owning up to my devious plan than suggesting someone couldn't guess it.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-02-13 17:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
This article sounded centric to you? ....

Garuda.Chanti said: »
.... New York centric.
-centric
cen·tric
adjective \ˈsen-trik\
Definition of CENTRIC
1: located in or at a center : central <a centric point>
2: concentrated about or directed to a center <a centric activity>
3: of, relating to, or having a centromere
4: of, relating to, or resembling an order (Centrales) of radially symmetrical diatoms

Try #2.

Also read what I write. I have made a part of my living writing. I use the language well even if I can't spell (and can always typo what I can spell)

On second thought just go away and take a year or so of remedial english pefore posting again.

P.S. I also said it was a liberal rag.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-02-13 17:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
I would say no, this was not centric. It sounded more like an opinion or editorial piece.
Kara! You know the language better than that.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-02-13 17:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I was going to go there Pleebs, but I figured the OP would fix it himself.
Herself.

And I was busy elsewhere. Making up for it now.

Edit: typo
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-02-13 17:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
"-centric" isn't even a word, anyhow. It's a motherfucking affix.
Is too a word, also a hyphenated suffix.
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-13 17:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, hey, Chanti. Want to join me in the "arriving too late to the party and determinedly being a nuisance about it regardless" jacuzzi?
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-02-13 17:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

2006 is irrelevant, sorry trolls. Its 2014, and the debt ceiling vote really showed the strife going on in the GOP between the normal conservatives and the radical right. Boehner couldn't get the votes to attach riders to the debt ceiling, and he couldn't get the votes to pass a clean bill. He had to rely on the left to bail him out, again. Then the Senate GOP wants to pass the bill as is, and Cruz filibusters. So the minority leader cast the 60th vote to break his own party's filibuster attempt, all because he is being primaried, by his own party. Its been a rough 2 days for Mitch McConnell, taking fire from all sides. But hey, blame Obama.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-02-13 17:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
2. New York centric =\= the article posted. It read like an editorial or opinion piece. I wouldn't say it was New York centric since you have the New York Times and Wall Street Journal to compare to....

4. As for New York, the state is made up of almost 20 million people, 8.5 million in the city, one of the most ethnically diverse places in the US, the center for US finance, and NYC just elected their first democrat mayor in more than 20 years. I would hesitate to classify anything as 'New York centric' beyond geography and pizza.....

2, I was describing the magazine.

4, sorry Kara, that's my fault. Like everyone from NY city and most from the state, when I say "New York" I mean the city.

Oh, hey, Chanti. Want to join me in the "arriving too late to the party and determinedly being a nuisance about it regardless" jacuzzi?
Sure Ono, but I wear a one piece in public (and I know the Japanese word for that bathing suit, I just can't spell it.)
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-13 17:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Um... fundoshi? No, that's for dudes, isn't it?

Anyhow, just because I'm not into chicks doesn't mean I freak out seeing one partially clothed. Our city doesn't have ordinances against women going top-free, so it happens from time to time that one can see quite a lot of woman-flesh.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-02-13 17:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Chanti is a lady? Well, you learn something new every day!
She's said multiple times that shes female and like 80 years old.

80 and on the web? Grandma of the year award.

(I can't even get my grandmother to get near a PC, nevermind talk politics on one. >_>)
Actually just short of 70. 2 1/2 months short.

Planing on the big party at 75.

Gaming helps keep my mind flexible. And then there is the young and pretty again thing with the characters / avis. I am not the oldest person on my XI server, a LS mate has me beat by 3 - 4 years.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-02-13 17:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Herself.

My bad*

and yeah, I think we're all just getting tired of the neocon.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-02-13 17:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Herself.

My bad*

and yeah, I think we're all just getting tired of the neocon.

Oh no, the collective sounds upset.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-02-13 17:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Um... fundoshi? No, that's for dudes, isn't it?

Anyhow, just because I'm not into chicks doesn't mean I freak out seeing one partially clothed. Our city doesn't have ordinances against women going top-free, so it happens from time to time that one can see quite a lot of woman-flesh.
Sukumizu, I had to look it up. And its about me, nothing else.

I wore bikinis when younger and even did topless in the late '60s haven't the body for that anymore.

You live in OR? CA?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-02-13 18:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to agree with Onorgul here. I read that as "liberal publication centered around New York". The publication is obviously liberal and it's contends are targeted are residents of New York vs nationally targeted media like CNN / Fox News / MSNBC / NYT / ect. As New York City is a fairly liberal place, I would expect publications targeted towards it to be more extreme then ones targeted at the general population. Emotion sells after all.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-13 18:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You live in OR? CA?
Nah, I'm an Easterner.

And props on still tolerating internet forums at very nearly 70 years of age. I played with a grandfather in his 60s in WoW and a grandmother in her 50s in FFXI and they were both great fun. We need more full-grown adults playing video games.

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
As New York City is a fairly liberal place
I really question this assertion. I live in a much smaller city than NYC and it has a reputation for either being quite liberal (long history of gay tolerance, among other things) and quite conservative (long history of *** over wage-slaves, among other things) depending on whom you ask. New York and Los Angeles and places like them seem to get a reputation for liberality by virtue of not stringing up the minorities, but I think only idiot urbanites in places like NYC and LA actually believe that happens in most small towns. It's like a two-way sucking vortex of ignorance and stereotype.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-02-13 20:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Why am I not surprised after a 4 day business trip, I come back to find more hate baiting threads created by Chanti.

And people here call ME a troll! They obviously don't know trolling when they see it...
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-02-13 20:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

People don't think you're a troll. At least, I don't.

I just think you're too stupid to realize you've bought into massive amounts of propaganda.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-02-13 20:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »

I just think you're too stupid to realize you've bought into massive amounts of propaganda.
Ihina's got a point. After all, with the massive amount of media so blatantly skewed to the right, liberals aren't affected by propaganda at all.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-02-13 20:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Staten Island is the conservative stronghold in the city and it's where we send all the infidels. They enjoy such luxuries as high property, beautiful housing and being utterly screwed in the case of hurricanes and coastal flooding. We tried to be rid of them when Sandy came a knocking but conservatives are a hardly lot, they couldn't wait to snatch up all that FEMA aid after the storm facerolled the shoreline. Welfare queens.

We also boast our New York brand government caused by lopsided one party control with an ineffective state government that has all but trademarked corruption. We're also proud of the most boring, calculating governor in recent years more interested in beancounting and playing a long hand of politics than furthering the state. But hey, we also had a legally blind guy and Elliot 'steamroll ***' Spitzer run the state. I say he was doing right by the economy when he hired hookers but everyone had to be holier than thou.

(They're just jealous.)

The cities biggest problem right now is poor people being bled dry and slowly being forced out of their neighborhoods as yuppies and moneied folk pour in from all over. Income inequality? Just walk through our neighborhoods and you'll get a first hand taste of it.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-02-13 20:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Ihina's got a point. After all, with the massive amount of media so blatantly skewed to the right, liberals aren't affected by propaganda at all.

We probably are. It's just that the information they feed us actually reflects reality whereas right-wing propaganda is just fantasy land.

We can do a quick test if you want.

Can you or Kingnobody tell me what the deficit was at when Bush left office and what Obama's done to the deficit since he's been in office?

And be honest, don't go looking it up.
By Jetackuu 2014-02-13 20:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 saying it was the Republicans in congress.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-02-13 20:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

We totally are. But our propaganda is okay.
ftfy
 Shiva.Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-13 21:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for comparison's sake, Ravael, could you point out some of the liberal propaganda?

I'm not denying it isn't there, but I have a much harder time figuring out exactly what it is. I can't recall Democrats talking about things like death panels or inappropriate government intervention after a terrorist attack during the Bush administration. I think liberal propaganda has a nasty habit of, say, talking about CEOs of corporations that have crashed and been bailed out getting golden parachutes, which hardly seems the same.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-02-13 21:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We totally are. But our propaganda is okay.
ftfy

It's okay because it reflects reality.

Answer the question, btw. I don't even need exact numbers, just a general ballpark is ok. Can you do something that simple without looking it up?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-02-13 21:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I'd be far more concerned about subtle propaganda that you can't identify over propaganda that is obvious and ridiculous. But you guys are missing my entire intention here. I'm not trying to defend the right wingers, I'm trying to call you out on stupid statements when nobody else will because these forums are patrolled by people who refuse to challenge statements by people of similar political leaning. People like Amandarius can be guaranteed to have every word fact-checked and rebutted, whereas the typical Democrat can say whatever bullcrap he or she wants and get away with it.

Also, Ihina, you're challenging a statistician with a dumb fact-check question. I get my information from official sources, not moronic news outlets. I'm aware that the deficit is lower under Obama. I still think his presidency is a disaster, and comparing it to Bush isn't exactly a good indicator of success.
By Jetackuu 2014-02-13 21:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware that the deficit is lower under Obama. I still think his presidency is a disaster, and comparing it to Bush isn't exactly a good indicator of success.
I think that's the best thing you've ever said.

almost negates the fact that you think the moderators are unfair to the neocons, and even stated it.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-02-13 21:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware that the deficit is lower under Obama. I still think his presidency is a disaster, and comparing it to Bush isn't exactly a good indicator of success.

almost negates the fact that you think the moderators are unfair to the neocons, and even stated it.

No, I have no problem with the moderators. I'm talking about the overwhelming majority of liberals on these forums and how they never challenge each other even when one of them spouts nonsense.
By Jetackuu 2014-02-13 21:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I have no problem with the moderators. I'm talking about the overwhelming majority of liberals on these forums and how they never challenge each other even when one of them spouts nonsense.
lol, you need to get those blinders checked...
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-02-13 21:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Ihina, you're challenging a statistician with a dumb fact-check question. I get my information from official sources, not moronic news outlets. I'm aware that the deficit is lower under Obama. I still think his presidency is a disaster, and comparing it to Bush isn't exactly a good indicator of success.

I guess they don't teach statistician not to make dumb assumptions.

Why do you think I get my numbers from any news sources?

Why do you think I'm gauging Obama's presidency based on Bush's?

Why do you think I don't think Obama's presidency is a disaster?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-02-13 21:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Personally, I'd be far more concerned about subtle propaganda that you can't identify over propaganda that is obvious and ridiculous.

Examples?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11