G.O.P. Succumbs To Rare Outbreak Of Sanity

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » G.O.P. Succumbs to Rare Outbreak of Sanity
G.O.P. Succumbs to Rare Outbreak of Sanity
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-02-13 10:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

G.O.P. Succumbs to Rare Outbreak of Sanity
From New Yorker magizine which, last I looked, was liberal AND New York centric.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-02-13 10:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This article sounded centric to you? They make Ted Cruz sound radical for speaking out against raising the debt ceiling when he knew it was passing easily without his vote. Did they say the same thing about then Senator Obama when he did the same thing and voted against raising the debt ceiling?
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-13 11:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
This article sounded centric to you?
Do... do you even know what the word "centric" means?
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-02-13 11:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Does someone centric come out of the gate calling everyone else wingnuts? That doesn't sound like a moderate perspective. It sounds like you are coming from an obvious extreme. Did this publication call out then Senator Obama for doing the same exact thing as Ted Cruz? Did they mention it? Was he a firebrand and a wingnut? A centric publication would have.

Eat it. :)
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-02-13 11:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The (only) real ffxiah thread topic...
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-02-13 11:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick google search for Senator Obama filibustering or threatning to filibuster anything, doesn't give any results except the amount of filibusters used during his presidency.

Can you link an article that shows him filibustering or threatening to filibuster?
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2014-02-13 11:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Does someone centric come out of the gate calling everyone else wingnuts? That doesn't sound like a moderate perspective. It sounds like you are coming from an obvious extreme. Did this publication call out then Senator Obama for doing the same exact thing as Ted Cruz? Did they mention it? Was he a firebrand and a wingnut? A centric publication would have.

You're not suddenly extremist merely because you point out extremist ideas.

Additionally, previous debt ceiling votes were perfunctory (we never used the debt ceiling as a hostage tactic before). Thus previous votes (i.e. Obama) are not comparative to current ones, which actually support the idea of destroying our economy to push social policies that otherwise could not pass our democratic process.

Perhaps you should eat whatever you were asking him to consume..
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-02-13 11:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The article was discussing Ted Cruz speaking out against the debt ceiling increase, but he knows it is easily passing the Senate. There is no possible shut down. This is the same thing that our Dear Leader did as Senator. The only difference is Obama became a hypocrite once he became President; either that or he was just a bold faced liar as Senator.

You know this. C'mon now.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-02-13 11:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The article was discussing Ted Cruz speaking out against the debt ceiling increase, but he knows it is easily passing the Senate. There is no possible shut down. This is the same thing that our Dear Leader did as Senator. The only difference is Obama became a hypocrite once he became President; either that or he was just a bold faced liar as Senator.

You know this. C'mon now.

The article talks about Ted Cruz threatning to filibuster, not just speaking out against the bill.

Edit: another article that talks about this
Quote:
After a dramatic vote, the Senate cleared the critical 60-vote threshold Wednesday that allowed for passage of legislation to suspend the Treasury’s borrowing limit.

The cliffhanger vote was scheduled for 15 minutes, but it lasted an hour. It ended when Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and his leadership team voted to end a potential GOP filibuster, casting votes that left them exposed to attacks from conservative opponents.

As he has for the past year, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) placed himself at the center of the day’s action. McConnell and Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) had sought to allow a simple majority – all Democrats – to approve the suspension of the debt limit until March 2015. But Cruz refused to go along, forcing more complicated procedural moves. That infuriated his Republican colleagues, because it meant that at least five GOP senators would have to vote with the Democrats to end the filibuster.

“Today was a classic victory for Washington establishment interests, and the people who lost today are the American people,” Cruz told reporters after the vote. He said he didn’t regret forcing 12 Republicans into a vote that could hurt them with conservative voters in GOP primaries.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/after-gop-filibuster-bid-senate-votes-to-suspend-treasurys-borrowing-limit/2014/02/12/02a5250e-9415-11e3-84e1-27626c5ef5fb_story.html
[+]
Server: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
By Kalyna Maimhov 2014-02-13 11:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Had to make sure that this wasn't an onion article...
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-02-13 11:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The passage of the debt ceiling increase is in zero doubt. You can all come down from the ledge now. Get all antsy in your pantsy over something else. Hey I heard some rich guy said that the 99% in America would be considered wealthy in most other parts of the world so they should stop complaining.

Fake outrage. Go!
By Jetackuu 2014-02-13 12:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be considered filthy rich in some other parts of the world, but that would require me moving there, and I wouldn't make the income I do here over there.

It's relative, and the cost of living here is just too damn high.

Pop Fox's *** out of your mouth and think for yourself.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-02-13 12:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalyna Maimhov said: »

The New Yorker has good investigative journlism pieces, but this article was not one of those.

I would say no, this was not centric. It sounded more like an opinion or editorial piece.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-02-13 12:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The passage of the debt ceiling increase is in zero doubt. You can all come down from the ledge now. Get all antsy in your pantsy over something else. Hey I heard some rich guy said that the 99% in America would be considered wealthy in most other parts of the world so they should stop complaining. Fake outrage. Go!
He stated that the working poor would be wealthy in other parts of the world. It's an ignorant statement given the difference for cost of living lol...

What is up with you and this fake outrage comment you make all the time?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-02-13 12:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The article also discusses some GoP factions displeasure with the current leadership and thier bid to overthrow em...
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-02-13 12:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

The New Yorker has good investigative journlism pieces, but this article was not one of those.

I would say no, this was not centric. It sounded more like an opinion or editorial piece.

There we go. /clap
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-02-13 12:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
New York centric.
Meaning 'centered around New York'. A hyphen would have saved this thread! (not really)
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-02-13 12:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to go there Pleebs, but I figured the OP would fix it himself.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-02-13 12:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

random pic of Wayne Static
 Odin.Drakus
Server: Odin
user: lord2fli
By Odin.Drakus 2014-02-13 12:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-02-13 12:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

*Snip*

There we go. /clap

*Snip*

*Snip*

When you see it.

It's quite a spectacular quadruple troll post. Especially 1 and 3.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-02-13 12:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Replying to insults is not trolling.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-02-13 12:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you didn't manage to step up to their level of insulting.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-13 12:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You're a moron.

CENTRIC is not the same word as CENTRIST. Dumbass.

I'm just barely giving you a pass because English isn't your first language (I think).
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-02-13 12:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Explain to us how Kara was insulting you, please?

(Boo! I can't use the Leslie Mann quote from 'This is 40' in response to this. Too many curses.)

Improvise...

[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2014-02-13 12:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Explain to us how Kara was insulting you, please?

(Boo! I can't use the Leslie Mann quote from 'This is 40' in response to this. Too many curses.)

Improvise...

I was agreeing with Kara in my reply.
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11