2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 73 74 75
By Buffyslyph 2020-08-28 22:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm seeing 900 skill for geo is the target.

818 mastered/merits

10 encanter's torque
15 lifestream cape
5-12 from Stikini ring or Stikini ring +1
16 Bagua Tunic +3
15 Azimuth Hood +1
19 Geo. Mitaines +3

That's 898-905.

What pieces am I missing?
By Nariont 2020-08-28 22:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

mastered + merits is 850 combined skill
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-08-28 22:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Stikini +1 x 2 would be +32 as each skill would get +16.
[+]
By Buffyslyph 2020-08-28 22:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah so let me update:

818 from mastery
32 from merits

20 encanter's torque (20, not ten cause handbell and geomancy each?)
15 lifestream cape
10-32 from Stikini ring or Stikini ring +1
16 Bagua Tunic +3
15 Azimuth Hood +1
19 Geo. Mitaines +3

That's 945-967.

Am I missing any gear?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-28 22:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunna

Medium Sabots, Reti Pendant beats Incanter's if you are over 900.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-08-28 22:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Boots from SR give 5 handbell or something
Earrings from DI gives 10 Handbell and Geo Skill
Solstice gives 5 handbell
Kobo Ao I gives 5 Geo
By Buffyslyph 2020-08-28 22:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks ~

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-04 16:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bagua Galero +3

Can I use this with BOG geomancy for an initial higher (halved) luopan HP? BG says you have to keep it on to get the effect but wondering if using this on cast gives you ~300 extra HP then swap out
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-09-04 17:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bagua Galero +3

Can I use this with BOG geomancy for an initial higher (halved) luopan HP? BG says you have to keep it on to get the effect but wondering if using this on cast gives you ~300 extra HP then swap out
I believe so, but the trade off is that the extra HP will increase the perpetuation and cost more HP consumed per tick
[+]
By Mrxi 2020-09-04 20:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes you need at least +2 relic head to make it start at full hp when used bog. It still usually lasts 10 min if taking no dmg. might want a other head for non bog but the extra perp cost docent mater that much.
By ponsay 2020-09-16 00:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a lot of people starting to say that your idle set should have pet damage reduction and luopan regen on it, in contrast to the normal regen idle sets. What do you all think?
By geigei 2020-09-16 00:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ponsay said: »
starting to say
Do they?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-16 01:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You should have multiple "idle" sets. For... situations.

Actual idle, of course your refresh/regen, it makes no sense to have pet:regen while you have no pet.

"in range" idle has your pet stat/dt mix. And then even your "in range set" has variations, magical or physical (master)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-16 02:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a lot of people starting to say that your idle set should have pet damage reduction and luopan regen on it, in contrast to the normal regen idle sets. What do you all think?

Not starting as this is common sense.

Bubble surviving for more time means you dont need to recast it, saving your mp.

Plus, it extend life to a BoG bubble, providing a net increase on your buffs sso you would always Prefer -DT and pet regen when your bubble is out
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-09-16 08:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a geomancer really but I wonder what the geo experts think a geo should be doing in addition to managing the bubbles, if anything.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-16 09:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I'm not a geomancer really but I wonder what the geo experts think a geo should be doing in addition to managing the bubbles, if anything.

Watching youtube or playing a better game on second monitor.
By Pantafernando 2020-09-16 09:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Natively GEO has access to black magic spells plus skills.

So, SE desgined the job to cast bubbles then focus on nuke roles.

Aside that native gameplay, anything else is related to suport job choice, so not specific to GEO.
By Luopan 2020-09-18 17:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Geomancer main since the arrival of the class. Geomancer can enfeebled, nuke, mb, and support cure. As a geomancer you have to be able to change with the tide of battle and understand your Geomancy spells and the effects your party will need. If you find yourself standing around for a long time then go melee a mob with your club {honestly not the beat option starting out}. Most the time As a geo, I make sure mages keep mama with radial arcana, refresh and Indi refresh when really low. It all depends on what your willing to put into it and how good you want to be at it. Cause honestly geomancer is the new RDM but more supporty.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2020-09-18 19:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

For sure enfeeble with distract dia2, frazzle impact if you can on nms or stuff that matters. Sleep/silence what needs doing when its comes to adds/summons/mages. You can cure really well as a backup for 700sh with basic 50% cure pot sets, 850+ with hq sets with Raetic Rod+1 any healing skill you can fit. If no ones hasteing dds thats on you, if its to much for you mabey work out work out with said healer if he can do 1-2 people you get the rest. I would for sure club it up and /nin if fights are so short and there not enough aoe that is gonna destroy my BoG/eclip bubble with no pet damage taken equip, the support and healing is there that i wont be needed for that and buffs are gonna be so good that i can help contribute while doing my 2 geo bubbles.(2 of getting at least bard songs, rdm hasteing and debuffing or cor rolling) Did revamp my entire melee set excited to try it out one day when everything aligns up. Nukeing ya i dont bother with random free nukes to much, as for MBs i can get how to many nukes do nerf damage, if you have bis MB nuke set and thats EA+1 head body leg almaric hands+1 w/e else if a target is raked/gambited it really doesn't matter its a net gain whatever you contributed to it vs if you only let the 1-2 blms nuke only.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-19 06:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the following idle sets:

1) Default idle (Luopan Off, focus on Refresh, some regen and DT/Meva in random slots)
2) Default Luopan (Luopan On, focus on pet regen, Refresh/DT/PetDT in all other slots, but not at the cost of Pet Regen)
3) DT idle (Luopan Off, focus on 50% DT for master, high meva, refresh where possible)
4) DT Luopan (Luopan On, focus on 50% DT for master, 37,5% DT for Pet, Refresh/PetRegen/Meva in the slots that remain free)

Technically it's two Idle sets, each having a "normal" and a "DT" variation.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-10-07 03:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Luopan said: »
Cause honestly geomancer is the new RDM but more supporty.

if you look at the traditional RDM debuffs and the bubble counterparts you'll find that the bubbles struggle to keep up, even with idris, and only manage to surpass RDMs max values once you add BoG, Ecliptic Attrition or Bolster. unfortunately GEOs are limited to 2,5 bubbles while RDM can stack their full arsenal.

geo is a one trick pony. 90% of the time you do +att/-def bubbles or +matt/-mdef on magic setups. maybe +def/-att or +acc/-eva if multiple GEOs are present and refresh/regen to recover from a whipe.

did anyone test how much of a difference weatherspoons "light elemental magick attack bonus +11" does on flash nova?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-07 03:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
if you look at the traditional RDM debuffs
Define "traditional RDM debuffs" please.
You mean: Slow, Paralyze, Blind, Frazzle, Distract, Gravity and Dia?
I wouldn't generalize. Slow II and Paralyze II are clearly stronger in the RDM counterparts, Gravity II as well possibly.
I mean there isn't a lot of testing about them, but eyeballing it seems to me there's a big difference in favor of the RDM counterparts.

Let's compare the rest though:

Evasion-
Distract III caps at -120
Indi-Torpor caps at -100 with Idris
But then you have Enf Magic Effect+ (caps at +60%, not sure if it gets reduced on NMs?) and Saboteur, which has a very short cooldown so we can assume it to be up 100% of the time. It won't realistically, but let's just assume it.
On NMs it's a ~37% potency increase. Supposing it stacks additively with gear, it's almost 100% potency leading to a bit less than -240 Evasion?
More than Bolster's Torpor (~200 reduction)

Meva-
Harder to test, but numbers should be similar to those of Eva-, with the small difference that it's currently technically impossible to reach the Enf skill cap while also mantaining all the Enf Potency gear in the related slots.
Again, another point in favor of RDM

Def-
Dia III with Light Shot caps at ~23% def reduction
Indi-Frailty caps at ~42% reduction.
Clearly RDM doesn't keep up here, also thanks to the fact that Dia's def down doesn't get powered up by Saboteur and Enf Magic Potency gear.

Accuracy-
Blind: caps at -50, couldn't find data on Blind II
Indi-Slip: caps at -125. Not sure about how much stronger Blind II is but I doubt it keeps up with Slip.
You never really see a GEO using Indi-Slip though, lol, but that's another story.

So tl;dr
Not all RDM debuffs are stronger than the GEO counterparts.

With that said, there's some very important differences to keep in mind.
RDM debuffs need to land (and that alone isn't always easy) and they can be dispelled. As a matter of fact, some NMs do it frequently, so frequently it almost becomes useless to even bother with debuffs.
GEO debuffs do not need to "land" and they can't be dispelled.
This aspect alone is an insanely huge pro in favor of GEO regardless of the potency (which isn't always so far behind RDM's, in some categories it's actually above).
It's so freaking powerful that SE had to ninja add Geomancy resistances of 50% and 75% to some NMs/Content, simply because GEO was too powerful.

So yeah RDM can sometimes have more powerful debuffs that can all stack together, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's an overall more efficient debuffer than the potential GEO has.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-10-07 04:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Enfeebling_Magic#Formulas
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-07 04:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh so the gear potency value is added later in the formula. Well this makes it even better in theory, no?
I wonder if there have been any tests on the reduced potency on NMs.
We know all about Saboteur, seems strange they didn't apply the same logic to the potency+ from gear, but then again I've never read any test.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-10-07 04:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Oh so the gear potency value is added later in the formula. Well this makes it even better in theory, no?
I wonder if there have been any tests on the reduced potency on NMs.
We know all about Saboteur, seems strange they didn't apply the same logic to the potency+ from gear, but then again I've never read any test.
My testing for that was done on a NM, same one I used confirm Sab was only 25% years ago. Also Sab gloves give full bonus and are not nurfed so does make more sense that reg gear wouldn't be imo.

There's an NM in Abyssea - Tahrongi that can spit back enfeebles that it has makes for a great test subject.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-07 04:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Right, the Hands+1 still give the full potency and I even considered it in my calculations above. Sorta makes sense that the potency bonus from gear doesn't get nerfed either, just like you said.

If you ask me, in general, it makes sense that a debuff that 1) has to land, 2) can be dispelled, will be more powerful than a debuff that doesn't require all that.
I mean, in general it sounds more balanced this way.
But as I showed above it's not the case for every single debuff, strangely enough.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-10-07 04:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What I was implying was Potency Gear + does give full effect too. It was retested once they started giving us that gear, how I came about the new formula.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-07 04:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
What I was implying was Potency Gear + does give full effect too.
Yes! I was implyin that too.
Did I mistype something without noticing or did you misread lol?
By Shichishito 2020-10-07 13:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
did anyone test how much of a difference weatherspoons "light elemental magick attack bonus +11" does on flash nova?
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 73 74 75