Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 73 74 75
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-29 23:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally speaking Aronic/tp bonus offhand can be in reality much worse than they seem to be in theory.
That's because it becomes really hard not to waste tp etc.

If you wanna use that OH I think you might get better results with maxentius MH.
Probably even with magesmasher or kaja club mh.

Going on a hunch here eh, I could be wrong.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2020-07-30 00:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think wasting tp is rather hard on geo compared to the vast majority of dds. DW club delay is pretty big, our multi attack/stp options arn't steller either so your not gonna see more then your base 2 swings i think most the time. So that one extra swing i dont see pushing you past the ideal 1250 ws range for judgement with the below weapon set. Changes abit if your get fighters roll but i see more sam/chaos majority the time. (Not that i'm complaining)

Normally i would agree Aeonic/tpbonus offhand is rather wasteful for dual wielders, not so much for geo if you can pull it off.
By malakef 2020-07-30 09:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats likely true but because you getting that extra TP from main hand and likely firing off at 2k in total tp, it may make the magesmasher +1 more ideal to offhand and would certainly be the better option wave 3 before the disjoined. SO basically Tishtrya/Ukaldi W1 and W2, Tishtrya/Magesmasher +1 W3 Volte/NM's, and back to Tishtrya/Ukaldi for Disjoined. At least that's how it see it playing out.
By Tristonx 2020-08-03 13:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at the past few posts, I think I've put together a decent tp set (made a set because it's easier on me to see a piece and just click the link). I'll be trying to build a theory ws set as well. I'd appreciate any feed back I can get on this.

ItemSet 374734

With the Back augmented to: Dex 20, Acc 30, Atk 20, and 10% double attack.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-03 13:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That looks similar to the set I was aiming for. Suppanomimi will cap your DW over Eabani (need 11 with /nin). If acc/att is not a concern (meaning, you have full buffs from cor/brd), then Battlecast Gaiters are an option for +5 STP. Likewise, Vanir Battery can put used in the ammo slot if neither acc/att are a concern (minor DA bonus). In the same focus of stats, you can downgrade Telos to something like Cessance Earring for a more even spread of da/stp, and Petrov downgrade from Chirich+1. Again, assuming full buffs (sushi) and you don't require the extra acc or attack. Might also make sense to TP in +2 neck, depending on what you're fighting.
By Tristonx 2020-08-03 13:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thank you. I'm mainly thinking of wave 3,as I multi-box a lot, but on wave 3 nights people who up out of nowhere meaning it's the only time I play 1 char. We usually are full buffed, but the nice bonuses to multi hit seem appealing.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2020-08-03 14:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats a good set and something i was considering revamping with new unity augs. Asperity Necklace and Lissome necklace are decent options as well. Just my personal pref i'd opt to try and fit in w/e multi attack options i can in ring/ear/ammo/neck slots. Least for me anytime i'd consider meleeing and get to /nin i kinda expect to have a good sams roll to cover that need.
By Tristonx 2020-08-03 14:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

From what others have stated, it seems Judgement would be better than Exudation. I haven't really seen any Judgement sets posted yet, so I've tried to make one.

ItemSet 374736

I'm thinking for the cape go with: STR 20, 30 acc, 20 atk, 10% WSDMG.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-08-03 17:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Tristonx said: »
From what others have stated, it seems Judgement would be better than Exudation. I haven't really seen any Judgement sets posted yet, so I've tried to make one.

ItemSet 374736

I'd use Jhakri Hands+2 for the WSDMG/Attack/Higher STR
 Ragnarok.Tristonx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tristonx
By Ragnarok.Tristonx 2020-08-03 18:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

ItemSet 374736

You're right, loosing 2 STR and 4 MND isn't worth the extra atk and 7% wsdmg. I've stacked enough accuracy elsewhere to where it shouldn't matter.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-03 18:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly as you are the geo, do you not basically ensure your attack is capped?

I'm always the first to say you're not always attack capped, but in this case you are the job capping your own attack (frailty)

Obviously context matters - if you aren't acc starved, then you certainly aren't attack starved
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-08-03 18:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tristonx said: »

ItemSet 374736

You're right, loosing 2 STR and 4 MND isn't worth the extra atk and 7% wsdmg. I've stacked enough accuracy elsewhere to where it shouldn't matter.

Single hit weapon skills also have some flexibility with accuracy if I recall. I cant find the exact number but I always thought it was around +100 accuracy bonus?

If accuracy is an issue on WS, Raetic Bangles+1 have some excellent Attributes/Accuracy on them. Though Im mainly using those for Hexa/Realmrazer
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-08-07 07:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So I had the opportunity to go GEO to a Windy W2/W3 farm run yesterday. I was mainly using flash nova/seraph strike since it was a magic damage setup.

Honestly I was impressed, I was able to do over 5 million damage+ as GEO in one run. But wave 3 is where it actually shined. Flash Nova was hitting Volte NMs for about 50k, while Seraph Strike at 2500+ hit 80,000 a few times.

Sorry if this is anecdotal/doesn't have #s or data, but it did hold it's own with Corsairs spamming wildfire. Probably would of done better if I didn't die a couple times.

On the Wave 3 Boss the damage wasn't too bad either.

It feels awesome being able to contribute some DPS as Geomancer. I was using Daybreak/Magemasher R15 (Daybreak was main hand for Dispelga) Still working on Idris (Locked behind coalitions right now)

I did get to take some swings at the W3 boss, and it was actually parsing really well. So I think it shows some promise.
 Ragnarok.Tristonx
By Ragnarok.Tristonx 2020-08-11 17:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So I had the opportunity to go GEO to a Windy W2/W3 farm run yesterday. I was mainly using flash nova/seraph strike since it was a magic damage setup.

Honestly I was impressed, I was able to do over 5 million damage+ as GEO in one run. But wave 3 is where it actually shined. Flash Nova was hitting Volte NMs for about 50k, while Seraph Strike at 2500+ hit 80,000 a few times.

Sorry if this is anecdotal/doesn't have #s or data, but it did hold it's own with Corsairs spamming wildfire. Probably would of done better if I didn't die a couple times.

On the Wave 3 Boss the damage wasn't too bad either.

It feels awesome being able to contribute some DPS as Geomancer. I was using Daybreak/Magemasher R15 (Daybreak was main hand for Dispelga) Still working on Idris (Locked behind coalitions right now)

I did get to take some swings at the W3 boss, and it was actually parsing really well. So I think it shows some promise.

Awesome, looks fun. I looked at your Flash Nova set, is that what you currently use: ItemSet 374438 ? Depending on attendance depends on what party I would be in that night (multi box or not), so it would be nice to build a magic ws set for the rng and cor pt.

I haven't seen any update Aspir sets recently (not done looking), so I have to keep looking or try and build one. (Don't think the 1st page has an updated Aspir set).
By Chimerawizard 2020-08-11 17:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

here's mine, except I'm missing the crown, using merlinic instead. cohort is better... maybe I'll work on that instead of cait sith fights.
ItemSet 368825
 Ragnarok.Tristonx
By Ragnarok.Tristonx 2020-08-11 17:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
here's mine, except I'm missing the crown, using merlinic instead.
ItemSet 368825

Awesome, thanks!
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-08-15 12:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

On you Flash/ Seraph cape did you guys go with Str or Mnd? Or it doesn't really matter?
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-08-15 13:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I like this, what are your tp sets looking like?
 Ragnarok.Tristonx
By Ragnarok.Tristonx 2020-08-15 13:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've updated my tp set to this: ItemSet 374786
It seems to work nicely for me, but I've only been able to test it out in VD volume 1 ambuscade.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-15 16:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are taking advantage of AM on Idris, white tathlum is an option vs vanir battery. I like the gaiters in that set. Personally, I went with dw10 on the back and put dedition earring on, and used windbuffet+1 but it's probably comparable to what you have anyhow. Combatants torque is an option as well.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-08-19 08:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Any updates here or room for improvement? Or this still best we got? Just tweaking lua's
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2020-08-19 09:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Esper stone seems like overkill for healing set. In real world conditions The blinking to swap from what i assume is dunna to an ammo and idris to a stave for weather cures might also get you killed from others trying to target heal you. In any case my first priority is to make sure my loupan is fully dt buffed

I do lots of backup healing and buffing/ debufing on geo and if I only pull hate if the tank is down or incapacitated and the enmity down from the stone isn't going to change that significantly
[+]
By Buffyslyph 2020-08-25 16:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Has the OP stayed updated over time?

Haven't even unlocked GEO but was surprised there wasn't a mention of SCH in the sub-job category.

Please explain to me my fail.
By Chimerawizard 2020-08-25 17:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

whm: haste/cursna/stona/some debuffs
blm: sleepga/stun/some debuffs
rdm: haste/refresh/debuffs
sch: sublimation/cursna/weather/2 AoE spells every 4 minutes

depending on setup, geo w/ haste is very nice since entrust: haste + spell haste brings the party to haste cap.
Other times, being able to tag multiple mobs frequently w/o waking them is extremely useful.
Occasionally it's good to have an extra player with na spells, or barelementra (meeble ambu)
the times geo gets hit hard by some AoE while standing in range to be a bubble make sublimation less attractive, t1 weather spells provide a 10% boost, nice but not a make or break difference, and geo isn't really relied upon for any other spells from its subjob making sch a lackluster choice.
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2020-08-25 17:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to update the OP but unfortunately, I've updated the guide so much over the years that it locked me out of my nodes completely (because my node data uses too much memory). Rooks was working on a fix, but it never got fixed... so here we are lol. I'm stuck in limbo until something happens. It's the main reason the guide never got fully remade (or why I never bothered making more).

I brought up the issue a month ago:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54233/site-issues/5#3533144
[+]
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2020-08-25 18:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Brixy said: »
I'd love to update the OP but unfortunately, I've updated the guide so much over the years that it locked me out of my nodes completely (because my node data uses too much memory). Rooks was working on a fix, but it never got fixed... so here we are lol. I'm stuck in limbo until something happens. It's the main reason the guide never got fully remade (or why I never bothered making more).

I brought up the issue a month ago:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54233/site-issues/5#3533144

Sad Face! Version 2.0 or locked from doing that as well?
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2020-08-25 18:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't go to the node section in general. The page blocks my access because the amount of drafts and stuff I have causes some sort of block and prevents me from accessing it lol. So I don't have access to delete the drafts to fix the issue, I can't make nodes, edit nodes, give others permission, etc... It's been that way for a couple of years. I can get around it. But it's a huge pain in the ***, especially with the memory leak the site already has with nodes, so I don't even bother with it now.

The amount of coding in the guide is absurdly long. So it's very irritating to not be able to make a test node to throw a chunk of coding on to test before adding it to the actual guide. I've had the node lock up multiple times because of the memory leak and I lose all the stuff I was working on. Which is why there are so many drafts in the first place... If you try to edit too much or take too long on what you are doing then the whole node freezes up and won't save.
[+]
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-08-26 11:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

whm: haste/cursna/stona/some debuffs
blm: sleepga/stun/some debuffs
rdm: haste/refresh/debuffs
sch: sublimation/stona/weather/2 AoE spells every 4 minutes

Just to add to this /sch you lose access to Cure IV too, which is a deal breaker for me unless I absolutely need to bring storm/weather buffs.

Also; Stona is lvl50 for SCH so that's /whm only, which can matter a lot in some settings.
By Chimerawizard 2020-08-26 11:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chendar said: »
Also; Stona is lvl50 for SCH so that's /whm only, which can matter a lot in some settings.
i know that... brain went, "it's 5oclock, I'm clocking out now, bye."

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 73 74 75