That fixed it for me, thanks
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-09-21 21:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
If I still can't fall asleep, I'll try to find out in which way(s) check_wearable broke.

The player.jobs table contains wrong data, so the level check fails. Apparently, the job levels are mixed up for some reason: My alt suddenly has a whoopin' SCH99 (I hope she has gear for it), a RDM99 (Why does she even have this?) and no THF99 or BRD99 anymore (QQ!).

That also explains why stuff worked on myself: I just ended up having the "right" jobs at 99 still by accident. I only checked DNC, GEO, and SCH, after all.

Long story short: Most likely, people with level 99 jobs across the board won't face any issues related to this one.

I'm outta here for now!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-21 21:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I just pushed an update to GearSwap that should have absolutely nothing to do with the problems you guys are experiencing.

I'd recommend the following things:
1) If you ran launcher while logged in, log out and back in. There was a Hook update, and Hook can't be updated while it is live.

2) Actually, there is no 2. GearSwap works fine for me and nothing about it was changed (until I just pushed a new version live). The options are pretty much either an updating issue or a 0x00D, 0x063, or 0x065 parsing issue that's adding impossible values to Hook and/or LuaCore's player structure. If that was the case and check_wearable comments fixed it (but check_wearable silently failed otherwise), the incorrect values would have to be get_player().main_job_id or get_mob_by_().race. None of the packets I just named have anything to do with those values, so it's either another packet that has changed or it's the first option.

Hopefully it's just the first option.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-09-21 21:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I just logged out and in and my GS still doesn't swap gear.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-09-21 21:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The jobs table we get from windower.ffxi.get_player() is borked:
Code
BST99 GEO99 WHM99 DRG50 NIN50 COR1 BLU99 DRK1 DNC99 MNK99 RDM50 RNG50 PUP99 SMN99 RUN0 THF31 WAR50 SCH99 SAM50 BRD99 PLD50 BLM50

Doesn't match reality:
Code
BST1 GEO99 WHM99 DRG50 NIN50 COR99 BLU99 DRK50 DNC99 MNK50 RDM50 RNG99 PUP1 SMN50 RUN99 THF50 WAR50 SCH99 SAM50 BRD99 PLD31 BLM99

I'll provide another set of data in a sec.

Moar data!

windower.ffxi.get_player():
Code
BST99 GEO50 WHM50 DRG1 NIN1 COR1 BLU99 DRK1 DNC50 MNK99 RDM99 RNG19 PUP50 SMN1 RUN1 THF1 WAR99 SCH99 SAM50 BRD1 PLD1 BLM50

Real pet dhalmel:
Code
BST0 GEO99 WHM99 DRG0 NIN50 COR99 BLU0 DRK0 DNC50 MNK99 RDM50 RNG0 PUP0 SMN1 RUN50 THF99 WAR99 SCH50 SAM19 BRD99 PLD0 BLM50
[+]
 Shiva.Eboneezer
Server: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2015-09-21 21:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

mine still isn't swapping either
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-09-21 21:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
It is way too late for me to even try and find out why it borked, but removing the check_wearable part of unpack_equip_list is the workaround I have for my alt. Interestingly, all jobs on my own character work fine. Even those that don't work on my alt.

If I still can't fall asleep, I'll try to find out in which way(s) check_wearable broke.
This also worked, thanks!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-21 22:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah yes, it appears to be off for my mule too. Byrth had no issues because I'm all 99s.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-09-21 22:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eboneezer said: »
Try unloading gearswap, and loading it back up.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-21 22:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the problem is either in LuaCore or Hook.

You can comment out check_wearable and largely circumvent it, but random other parts of gearswap probably still won't work (like checks for your spell access).
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-09-21 22:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting spammed with Dressup: Lua runtime error: Dressup/helper_functions.lua:111: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'num' (a string value)

Related to the jobs table mismatch?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-09-21 22:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a related problem. The get_player() structure is shifted by 1 byte in LuaCore, so it's now passing an invalid index to a function in dressup that's causing the error.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2015-09-21 22:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »

still no luck. i shutdown and windower did another little update, but still no luck when i logged back in.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-09-21 23:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

still no luck. i shutdown and windower did another little update, but still no luck when i logged back in.
Just confirming you tried the temp fix posted at the very end of page 60, saved the file, and reloaded GS?
 Shiva.Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2015-09-22 00:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just confirming you tried the temp fix posted at the very end of page 60, saved the file, and reloaded GS?
I did not. I did the above and it is working now. thanks
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-09-22 01:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's because GS actually checks if you can equip a piece of equipment before trying to equip it, which is a good thing. What's bad is that Hook reported incorrect job levels, so it was confused on what could and could not be equipped. It works on some jobs because Hook mixed up the job levels for different jobs and occasionally it would report a higher level for a job than you actually had.

This should be fixed now, but you will need a new Hook, so a FFXI restart is required.
[+]
By Diggerguy 2015-09-22 01:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for working so hard to fix this Arcon, gearswap does indeed seem to be working again, however I am still getting the same DressUp error that people were reporting earlier. Have I missed something or is there a fix on the way?
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2015-09-22 02:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what it's connected to, but I keep getting switched to my RDM macro book whenever I log in. Pretty much always on BST when I log in, so not sure about other jobs. Using rules in GS for macro changes, and have not edited that at all.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-09-22 05:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quipto said: »
Not sure what it's connected to, but I keep getting switched to my RDM macro book whenever I log in. Pretty much always on BST when I log in, so not sure about other jobs. Using rules in GS for macro changes, and have not edited that at all.
Do you use motes template files? If so he has a macrobook function in all his files which changes the default macro book when the gearswap file is loaded, you'd either have to delete that or change it to the right macro book.
By Miang 2015-09-22 05:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Was hoping latest hook.dll change would fix the salvage bug but apparently not. The 'gain buff' and 'lose buff' windower events do not trigger, and the buff table only ever contains 'encumbrance' even if encumbrance is completely removed. Presumably the buff table is incorrect because the 'gain buff' and 'lose buff' events aren't working correctly.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2015-09-22 06:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Cerberus.Quipto said: »
Do you use motes template files? If so he has a macrobook function in all his files which changes the default macro book when the gearswap file is loaded, you'd either have to delete that or change it to the right macro book.
The thing is, it had been working just fine until the update. Minor inconvenience, but I don't realize I'm on the wrong book until I'm just about to fight something lol. Something has to be doing something, because I never really change jobs to give it a reason to change macro books.
 Bismarck.Xagashi
user: Xagashi
By Bismarck.Xagashi 2015-09-22 08:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Blinkmenot has been giving me issues since the last update. I random load as dark chocobo or I have graphical issues with my character from the waist down. Unloading the plugin resolves the issue and it has been known to cause the game to crash. Anyone else having this issue?
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2015-09-22 08:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xagashi said: »
Blinkmenot has been giving me issues since the last update. I random load as dark chocobo or I have graphical issues with my character from the waist down. Unloading the plugin resolves the issue and it has been known to cause the game to crash. Anyone else having this issue?
im noticing similar issues with the newer addon dressup as well as a ton of errors flowin out of it but it randomly stops workin or the mule whose race i change flash back the the original randomly
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-09-22 17:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
Bismarck.Xagashi said: »
im noticing similar issues with the newer addon dressup as well as a ton of errors flowin out of it but it randomly stops workin or the mule whose race i change flash back the the original randomly
Although there were problems with Dressup in the last 24 hours or so, it appears to be working correctly now. Blinkmenot plugin has been depreciated for some time now and you should make switch over to Dressup instead.
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-09-22 18:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted about this in the GS support thread, but is anyone else having troubles with set priorities?
For me my sets work fine individually, and worked fine before the update, but now when I have my avatar attacking with Favor up/PDT mode, it'll switch to the full melee set instead of a hybrid.
Curious if it's just me, and somehow I broke both of my .luas, or if others are experiencing similar.
 Ragnarok.Valauge
Server: Ragnarok
user: Valauge
By Ragnarok.Valauge 2015-09-22 19:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Although there were problems with Dressup in the last 24 hours or so, it appears to be working correctly now. Blinkmenot plugin has been depreciated for some time now and you should make switch over to Dressup instead.
Just relogged to check, am still blinking back to my original race after interacting with npcs with dressup enabled. Doesn't seem 100% fixed.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-09-22 22:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Valauge said: »
Just relogged to check, am still blinking back to my original race after interacting with npcs with dressup enabled. Doesn't seem 100% fixed.
Oh I see. I don't use that function of Dressup. Hoping that portion gets corrected soon then.
 Shiva.Francisco
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-09-23 00:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

R
Leviathan.Arcon said: »
It's because GS actually checks if you can equip a piece of equipment before trying to equip it, which is a good thing. What's bad is that Hook reported incorrect job levels, so it was confused on what could and could not be equipped. It works on some jobs because Hook mixed up the job levels for different jobs and occasionally it would report a higher level for a job than you actually had.

This should be fixed now, but you will need a new Hook, so a FFXI restart is required.

Possibly related: but my job levels are all messed up on FFXIAH and on Guildwork. Guildwork seems to think I have BLM at level 112 now.

Could this be caused by the same hook issue?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-09-23 06:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the Hook issue only reported the levels for a wrong job (the next one in line). So your WAR would have the level your MNK had, MNK would have WHM's level and so on. Unless your RDM had level 112 before, this issue is different.
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 ... 102 103 104