Speed Running
First Page 2
 Asura.Teleniel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2013-09-11 14:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just a warning to all you AK runners who insist on speed running.

YOU CAN GO AND SAC PULL YOURSELF

I will leave your group and let you spend another hour in the queue I don't *** care. Expecting the tank (who you likely don't know) to eat the armor loss just for your seals to be faster is not my problem.

I don't care that it's faster, if you're not paying me I'd rather just clear the trash. Think of it this way.... Dungeon + trash is faster than sitting through the Queue one more time.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-11 14:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

:<
[+]
By zerkles 2013-09-11 14:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You do know that you lose more armor durability killing trash than sacing (twice)?

Good day sir
[+]
 Asura.Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2013-09-11 14:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

zerkles said: »
You do know that you lose more armor durability killing trash than sacing (twice)?

Good day sir

I do know this, but just because you want to go faster, and will whine if anything goes wrong with the pull and have to pay for repairs (because you died) I don't want to deal with it. If you want to sac through dungeons level a tank up and do it yourself, or just do it on your DPS i don't really care. But I'm not doing it
By zerkles 2013-09-11 14:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not a personal shot at you, but with all the facts in place such as trash being worthless, costing you more in repairs, and generally being a waste of time.. what other personal incentives do you have running the dungeon normally?

If you say "for fun" I'm not sure the duty finder can accommodate for that considering the above in this instance.

Edit: Also to note, reducing repair costs which are coming today will not help this issue in any way at all.
By shiggles 2013-09-11 14:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, it's the gaining of experience that causes armor durability loss—e.g., it's why your gear loses durability when you've only been fishing on FSH.

I'd assume that—even at level 50 (when you're capped and can't earn any more experience)—the experience you would have earned causes armor durability loss.

This thread has some more info and insights about the odd-nature of speed runs and durability.
 Fenrir.Queazy
Server: Fenrir
user: Queezy
By Fenrir.Queazy 2013-09-11 14:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Teleniel said: »

Good day sir

I do know this, but just because you want to go faster, and will whine if anything goes wrong with the pull and have to pay for repairs (because you died) I don't want to deal with it. If you want to sac through dungeons level a tank up and do it yourself, or just do it on your DPS i don't really care. But I'm not doing it

lulz, how can u say "I do know this" and then further state that you obviously dont know it.

Your whole complaint is about losing durability on your armor and thus having to pay out of pocket for the repairs. BUT the truth of the matter is you WILL lose more money by killing trash then Sack Pulling. Regardless of whatever justification you might come up with it doesnt change the fact. Now if you dont want to sac pull for another reason thats on you but dont say its cause of Armor repairs and then do the exact oposite of what you claim to be trying to avoid
 Odin.Brozzzz
Server: Odin
user: Brozzzz
By Odin.Brozzzz 2013-09-11 14:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just a warning to all you AK runners who insist on speed running.

YOU CAN GO AND SAC PULL YOURSELF

I will leave your group and let you spend another hour in the queue I don't *** care. Expecting the tank (who you likely don't know) to eat the armor loss just for your seals to be faster is not my problem.

I don't care that it's faster, if you're not paying me I'd rather just clear the trash. Think of it this way.... Dungeon + trash is faster than sitting through the Queue one more time.

I feel like you should play another job or go do something to make money. We could use the simple "time is money" expression to prove your idiocy and why you should stop crying. Speed running is sometimes the difference of 30-60 minutes. in that time you could EASILY farm the 1k you need to repair your ***(artifact gear i'm assuming). Let's not get started with the repairs that the other members will need after killing all of that trash. So like, you should pay them.

TLDR; go change your tampon and stop wasting people's time.
By zerkles 2013-09-11 14:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Queazy said: »

Good day sir

lulz, how can u say "I do know this" and then further state that you obviously dont know it.

Your whole complaint is about losing durability on your armor and thus having to pay out of pocket for the repairs. BUT the truth of the matter is you WILL lose more money by killing trash then Sack Pulling. Regardless of whatever justification you might come up with it doesnt change the fact. Now if you dont want to sac pull for another reason thats on you but dont say its cause of Armor repairs and then do the exact oposite of what you claim to be trying to avoid

Do not resist the hive o.o
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2013-09-11 14:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to be the one to say this, but this is kinda close to a self-player warning.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-09-11 15:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

EDIT: Nevermind.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-11 15:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Never did a speed run. how does it work? tank just runs through trash and die in a corner? thought mobs run back to their spawns. how does he get raise. this will be good to know for future dungeons. ty
 Asura.Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2013-09-11 15:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
Never did a speed run. how does it work? tank just runs through trash and die in a corner? thought mobs run back to their spawns. how does he get raise. this will be good to know for future dungeons. ty

that's pretty much it. I leveled a tank job to tank, not to just go die in a corner. I don't die from the overall cost of speed running, but I do have problems with the entitlement attitude other players have that it's become "my job" to do it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-09-11 15:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A tank is the only one that will survive long enough to reach the end effectively. If you don't like speed runs, don't do them. Easy. It, however, is very common right now. I'd suggest shouting for a group of 3 willing to not speed run, and then DF, as opposed to simply using DF.

Dropping out of a group doesn't stop the dungeon. They just have to wait for DF to fill in a new tank, and it will, very fast.
[+]
 Odin.Hirokei
Server: Odin
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2013-09-11 15:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »

that's pretty much it. I leveled a tank job to tank, not to just go die in a corner. I don't die from the overall cost of speed running, but I do have problems with the entitlement attitude other players have that it's become "my job" to do it.
As a tank, it is "your job", what's the big deal? I think it's pretty selfish that you'd rather waste time killing mobs than making it easier for everyone.
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-09-11 15:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm low level (my max is only lvl 41) so forgive my ignorance but what is the purpose of speed running dungeons? Are there dungeons that for some reason you have to spam? I've yet to ever go back and repeat any of the dungeons I've completed, though granted I am low level so perhaps I have not had a reason to do so at this point.

Edit: Nevermind I suppose at level 50 you might wanna spam certain dungeons for gear so that must be the reason lol.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-09-11 16:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

all i hear is

i don't wanna do it how it benefits the most people, because i want play the game differently...

thats fine but don't blaime others for trying to be optimal and thinking of the overall group benefits.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-09-11 16:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear and a type of end-game currency that you receive for boss kills, Knivesz.
 Bismarck.Kayvindra
Server: Bismarck
user: Kayvindra
By Bismarck.Kayvindra 2013-09-11 20:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to pay around 3k to repair my gear on dd every few dungeons so I don't know what the big deal is. They are lowering costs of repairs anyway. If you don't want to do speed runs then find your own group because 90% of the queue on duty finder is there for speed runs and tbh could care less if you leave the run it will just replace you with a tank who isn't gonna cry about it. Posting about it on here isn't helping your cause at all.
Server: Hyperion
user: mikuu
By Hatsune Miku 2013-09-12 06:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

They fixed it so you can't really speed run anymore. Thread over lol.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Nycon
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nycon
By Quetzalcoatl.Nycon 2013-09-12 08:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah basiclly SE said skipping trash mobs wasn't the intention and they are upping the amount of gil that drops in the chests.

Edit: Let the speed runner nerd rage commence!
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-09-12 10:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

See what you did now OP?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-12 10:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

From my understanding of the situation, I can kinda understand what the op point is. You play a game to have fun(in this case as a paladin)and I can only imagine how not fun must be to just sac all day. On the same note I suppose there's people that after the 50th time doing the same dungeon couldn't care less about clearing fodder...as usual like with every mmo different people have different needs. Neither is wrong, it's just a matter of finding like-minded people to play with.

...but anyway SE put the cockblock already, so it's not an issue anymore!
By Quiznor 2013-09-12 13:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Nycon said: »
Yeah basiclly SE said skipping trash mobs wasn't the intention and they are upping the amount of gil that drops in the chests.

People ragequitting all over the OF over it lol
[+]
By volkom 2013-09-12 13:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a link to this?
By Quiznor 2013-09-12 14:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

is there a link to this?

Patch notes.

I remember seeing a post about someone that tested it,I think it gives 1 more allagan piece than usual.
Server: Hyperion
user: mikuu
By Hatsune Miku 2013-09-12 14:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »

is there a link to this?

Patch notes.

I remember seeing a post about someone that tested it,I think it gives 1 more allagan piece than usual.

The only difference is that two people now get 7 Allagan Bronze Pieces if you open the chest instead of just one person.

In my mind eliminating these speed runs is actually pretty bad considering durability is still a huge problem. I wouldn't mind actually going through dungeons if there was more of an incentive since there is no EXP gained and no good loot so to say. An good speedrun team, the tank would have only lost about ~6-10% durabilty (6% from 3 deaths, other percentage comes from other factors). Now everyone who participates in an actual run can lose about 30% durability (went from ~90% to 61% on a run where we killed everything).
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Nycon
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nycon
By Quetzalcoatl.Nycon 2013-09-12 20:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a link to this?

link
[+]
By Thunderz 2013-09-12 22:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No more speed running

but honestly OP you are ridiculous
By starfish 2013-09-14 13:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

well as a tank i am lucky enought that i didnt rush to 50 and have to deal with this stuff , i totaly agree with the OP. and to those saying only a tank can do it, well thats not true, a japanese mnk already ran thru and did that so yea.
[+]
First Page 2