DRG Guide.... Where???

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » DRG guide.... Where???
DRG guide.... Where???
 Bahamut.Longsnake
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Longsnake
By Bahamut.Longsnake 2013-08-02 09:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

How to Train Your Wyvern
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-02 09:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Longsnake said: »
How to Train Your Wyvern
This is the best!
 Fenrir.Boomslang
Server: Fenrir
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-08-02 10:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
So you leveled DRG,a 2 step guide to help you cope with the depression

Shortest guide ever.
1. Go to MH.
2. Change job.

Best one so far:
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Working the Pole: A Lancer's Lexicon
[+]
 Phoenix.Zohno
Server: Phoenix
user: Zono
By Phoenix.Zohno 2013-08-02 10:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Sigfreid
Server: Fenrir
user: Sigfreid
By Fenrir.Sigfreid 2013-08-02 11:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

actually, 'how to train your dragon' was a name I was playing with, that and 'Thrusting: for fun and pleasure'
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alahra
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-08-02 11:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to see Dragonheart for my birthday that year. It was the best birthday.

Edit: Working the Pole is the only choice.
 Leviathan.Phineus
Server: Leviathan
user: ayer
By Leviathan.Phineus 2013-08-02 11:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Working the Pole: A Lancer's Lexicon

Get on it Kap!
 Ragnarok.Demonfox
user: Demonfox
By Ragnarok.Demonfox 2013-08-20 16:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

any eta?
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-08-30 21:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm rocking this TP set now:

ItemSet 309111

Trying to get DA aug on legs but right now it's a 5 hit(20.4TP/hit), 23% haste (+2% needed from Ionis) 16% DA/4%QA. I lose a sizeable chunk of ACC(25ishish) by using Ogier's over Mikinaak and lose about 60 att in general from not using af3 body/miki hands/zoran belt. Neither of those matter I suppose due to the +skill patch and the crazy buffs we get these days.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [68 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Rendra
Server: Odin
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2013-11-06 22:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking of using this TP set
ItemSet 315159

Instead of this one
ItemSet 314871

Any thoughts? you lose 1% Haste. but gain the extra 2% in Double Attack. I know in adoulin areas you get the extra 2% haste from Ionis... but outside of Adoulin would this be better?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Rendra
Server: Odin
user: Rendra
By Odin.Rendra 2013-11-06 22:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Against what target seƱorita?
Anything in general.
By Ophannus 2013-11-07 13:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh...I use the same set except I use Ogier Hands and Cizin Breeches with Goading. More STR/DEX/ACC/ATT. Cizin Breeches have 2% DA with 2% DA Augment.
By Ophannus 2013-11-07 13:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone notice Vishap Brais enhance High Jump? AF2 legs already do this. I wonder if the Vishap just provide an Attack Bonus to High Jump like how Drachen Greaves provide an attack bonus to Jump. Also I greatly fear the Jump TP Bonus only applies to old Jumps in an effort by SE to make old Jumps more useful when the Wyvern is not present.(They said they wanted to adjust Jump and High Jump to have a purpose and not be completely made to be obsolete by Spirit and Soul Jump). At any rate I'm guessing Vishap Brais= attack bonus and Wyrm Brais= extra -enmity.
By Bleusummers 2013-11-07 14:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

any info out on our RME's? i saw SE said they made changes to a few RMEs and radical changes to Nirvana im wondering if Our Polearms are more useful (aside from Ryu of course) any info guys/gals?
By Ophannus 2013-11-07 14:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Doubt anyone has it yet. I'm just hoping they added a +10-20% bonus to Geirskogul damage on top of what Gungnir(99) had. Otherwise it's still an amazingly inferior WS with terrible, terrible modifiers, terrible aftermath and a special additional effect that's not only weaker than Angon, but also overwrites Angon. They said they wouldn't buff special abilities of relic weapons and they used Ragnarok's Critical Hit bonus as an example, but I hope they were joking because Gungnir is crap.

As for Emp, I have a sneaking suspcion they gave an Emp WS+40% damage or something to it(they did for Mythics since mythic WS can be used by anyone, I would imagine they'd do it for emps to make emp weapons do more with emp ws than players without emps).

As a Gungnir owner I really do hope they adjusted the Defense Down on Gungnir so the crappy 17% Defense Down doesn't overwrite my Angon's 25% down.
By Bleusummers 2013-11-07 15:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... i was hoping because of the "We changed Nirvana because we knew we had to" comment they made... they realized they had to change other things about other RME's but that is hoping too much with SE i suppose >_<.

we will find out soon when first floods of people have their weapons upgraded i suppose :D
By Ophannus 2013-11-07 20:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the bottom set Shu but i use calmecac trousers instead of ares and i eat carbonara.
 Bahamut.Mirya
Server: Bahamut
user: Mirya
By Bahamut.Mirya 2013-11-16 17:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Since there is currently double plan drop rate in Salvage v2, I'm there finally working on a few pieces I've always had my eye on. While I'm there any reason for me to work on Ares+1 or Ker? Eyeballing it it all looks meh (cept maybe body+1 for idle), but I have such a hard time eyeballing gear with all the stat vomit that is out and about nowadays.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2014-01-06 15:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone have a nicely updated healing breath set they can update for us? im having hard time finding healing breath updated gear, thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2014-01-06 15:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My legs are NQ, but will be HQ soon... I also need that elusive mantle! But this is what you should be shooting for imo.

ItemSet 311752
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2014-01-06 15:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thanks a bunch appreciate it!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-01-06 15:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, so how much HP does that set give the wyvern?

33% + 195 = ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sanriku
By Quetzalcoatl.Sanriku 2014-01-06 16:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I have no idea. I can say that a fresh wyvern, with NQ legs and lancer's pelerine instead of updraft, I'm getting a 1k flat Healing Breath. If you wanna work the math out on that lol.
By Anjou 2014-01-15 17:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all. I just came back after a year long break. I missed most of delve and I am just getting into doing adoulin content. I managed to get most of the cizin gear. Working on AF 109 too! Can anyone suggest sets that are easier to acquire for a returning player? I just want a general set, I don't have any fights in mind. Thanks! I
 Carbuncle.Protectorchrono
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Protectorchrono 2014-01-15 17:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For a quick set I would probably recommend using Sparks from the Records of Eminence quests that were added in the Dec. 10th 2013 update. You can get ilvl 117 weapons and armor from the sparks (example: Outsider gear), but IMO some are good and some are meh but it's good and easy to acquire just gotta complete objectives and get sparks. I would still work on getting some delve clears to get some of the good ilvl 119 gear as well. Most delve stuff is still good though (example: R15 delve gear) and when you can join some AA (Ark Angel) parties to get Rem's Tale Chapter papers to work on getting your AFs' upgraded to ilvl 109 then eventually to ilvl 119. Also there is Wildskeeper Reives you can join to get some still good ilvl 115 gear (just note that Yumcax and Kamhau are lengthy battles but can give good rewards.)Either way you still have to fight but you can solo a little easier now with the new Trust system to summon a party of 3 NPC characters from the storyline missions (5 including you and hopefully you have a Adventuring Fellow.) Hope this helps Anjou.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2014-01-17 04:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok this my set for most situation if i don't want 5 hit tp:

ItemSet 318573

Plenty of double/triple/quadruple attack, can switc potestas with some acc + ammo Hagneia is not necessary.

For a 5 Hit this my set

ItemSet 318574

And this for Stardriver WS

ItemSet 318575

Any suggestion?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-17 04:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Stardiver*

Ele belt. ftp carried WS. Nothing beats ele belt/gorget.
TP bonus Moonshade earring over trux.(assuming TP<265%~. Seems like after this point the DA outweighs the TPbonus even though none is being wasted. Will vary by atk/mob, though)
R15-A Mikinaak hands if atk isn't capped.

No immediate comments on TP sets, as I haven't looked into Non-Ryu TP sets in quite awhile. Well. 'Cept for this. Calmecac trousers are horrifying looking. <,<;
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2014-01-17 04:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok for ele and for monshade. I have some doubt for miki i suppose i should do some try. But i'm curious since i'm work to Ryu too to see your TP set