Hunahpu Axe!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Hunahpu Axe!
Hunahpu Axe!
First Page 2
 Siren.Manicmogwai
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Manicmogwai 2013-07-08 17:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope this isn't just a typo Commence the obligatory lolbst comments here
 Fenrir.Magi
Server: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2013-07-08 17:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shoulda just called it the Bstlol axe
 Fenrir.Magi
By Fenrir.Magi 2013-07-08 17:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Spurrer/Anwig: 5%
Hurchlan: 5%
Skadi: 3%
Armada: 4%
Hunahpu: 3%

So.... 20% pet haste for my pet only DD set.. I'd use Kerehcatl/Hunahpu for most situations depending on how hard this axe is gonna be to obtain, hope it's off the "easier" Naakual :P. Does anyone know if pet haste caps at 25~26% like PCs?
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2013-07-08 17:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget the 10% Pet Haste if you use Familiar with Relic+2 Augmented legs on.
 Fenrir.Magi
By Fenrir.Magi 2013-07-08 17:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why I'm wondering if there's a pet haste cap. No point in using all that pet haste gear if they cap at 25% like players do, but I guess having the gear around for familiar down isn't that bad a deal especially since it's only 5 pieces? You'd have to work your other gear around it,
though.
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2013-07-08 17:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, pretty much the way I look at it as well. Kinda of glad I did the relic+2 hand augments now as well :p
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-07-08 18:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Automaton gear haste caps at 25% and it's likely that this extends to all pets.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2013-07-08 18:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Parry and Axe skill + 188?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-08 18:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the only reason the development team provides us with any information at all is to piss me off when people don't bother reading it.
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2013-07-08 19:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean, Sylow? Are you referring to the other posts referencing that the skill isn't really the skill despite saying the word skill on it or something else?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-08 19:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/35239
 Quetzalcoatl.Morari
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Morari
By Quetzalcoatl.Morari 2013-07-08 20:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sthrnrebel said: »
What do you mean, Sylow? Are you referring to the other posts referencing that the skill isn't really the skill despite saying the word skill on it or something else?

In case people aren't reading to the end...

Addition of items increasing combat skill strength
Some weapons that have displayed item levels have the effect of increasing combat skill strength.

This increase in combat skill strength differs from the effects of attributes such as "Sword skill +X," and are calculated independently for main and sub weapons.
* At present, this increase is added only for a specific subset of equipment. Other equipment will be made compatible with this functionality at a later date.
* This functionality will not be reflected in the combat skill section of the status screen.
* For the hand-to-hand skill, values have been set with consideration given the fact that damage values increase as the skill increases.
 Ragnarok.Alahra
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-07-08 20:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Morari said: »
Asura.Sthrnrebel said: »

In case people aren't reading to the end...

Addition of items increasing combat skill strength
Some weapons that have displayed item levels have the effect of increasing combat skill strength.

This increase in combat skill strength differs from the effects of attributes such as "Sword skill +X," and are calculated independently for main and sub weapons.
* At present, this increase is added only for a specific subset of equipment. Other equipment will be made compatible with this functionality at a later date.
* This functionality will not be reflected in the combat skill section of the status screen.
* For the hand-to-hand skill, values have been set with consideration given the fact that damage values increase as the skill increases.

Have we figured out what exactly this new skill is doing?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-08 21:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

No because no one has them!
By Chimerawizard 2013-07-09 06:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I had guessed the skill+ was to give players enough accuracy to actually HIT a f'ing delve NM w/o max madrigal. Guess I get to wait for someone to own one and find the stats on it.

Fenrir.Magi said: »
Spurrer/Anwig: 5%
Hurchlan: 5%
Skadi: 3%
Armada: 4%
Hunahpu: 3%

So.... 20% pet haste for my pet only DD set.. I'd use Kerehcatl/Hunahpu for most situations depending on how hard this axe is gonna be to obtain, hope it's off the "easier" Naakual :P. Does anyone know if pet haste caps at 25~26% like PCs?
According to research from others.
Yes it caps at 25% haste. Interesting to note though, the 10% haste from AF2+2 legs is considered JA haste (not gear haste, therefore pet can get up to 35% haste w/ atmas).
[+]
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2013-07-11 00:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got this today, the +188 axe skill doesn't shows in your combat Skill window at all (+188 parrying does for some reason) but you do gain the +188 attack (+195sh if you factor the +12STR). Offhand doesn't seems to grant the +188 skill boost on either axe or parrying.
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2013-07-11 06:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Where did you get this from?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-07-11 06:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

+195 attack from one item.
This seems balanced.
[+]
 Shiva.Cziella
By Shiva.Cziella 2013-07-11 13:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hurkan, Marjami Wildskeeper
 Fenrir.Magi
By Fenrir.Magi 2013-07-11 13:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

How did you guys take down Hurkan?
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-07-11 13:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Magi said: »
How did you guys take down Hurkan?
Just like all the other ones when colonization rate is crap - an army of determined quickdraw corsairs
 Shiva.Cziella
By Shiva.Cziella 2013-07-11 13:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wall-o'Text inc.

Started with 40sh ppl. Had 228 ppl at the end, I'm gonna say at least 30 smns, 20 cors, 20 pups, the rest were 2 plds holding adds, like 10 whms, and the rest melee/afk ppl/leechers, Colo rate was between 27-30 (flunctuated.. it took 7hrs from 70 to 0%) SMN's BPs w/o af3+2 procs were doing 700-800 dmg from a well geared nirvana (not that the staff is the best, but the point is the player is very well geared in all aspects) and the new smn sachet. CORs shots were getting resisted but my cor friend said the 2nd QD shot always went unresisted (probably b/c of af3+2 boots) but said most of the time it was 250sh > 500sh, but had a few 15 dmg QDs.

I was on PUP, with alternator on caped RNG puppet, it was hitting for 24-40 dmg a ranged attack, about 270 dmg WSs, very mediocre. I changed to BLM frame, nukes were doing on the 220-400 range unresisted, but resist rate was rather high, had alot of 30-80 dmg tier V nukes, but that was till better damage than RNG overall, not to mention I was probably the only person casting Bio II lol.

PLDs could NOT tank it thanks to it's aura which inflicts Avoidance, it's a status effect that doesn't lets you block, guard or parry, all of it's attack seemed to be magic damage, and AoE, Cone, or Both, rarely did single target attacks. Regular attacks were doing 1.3-5k on me as PUP, TP moves were usually killing around 30-50 people at once, not counting pets, some of them (Static Prison) were doing up to 16,000 dmg to me, when I had 0 buffs. The adds (Rocs, Brown birds, and new purple birds) were not melee friendly either, full h2h merits, rigors and above average pup gear (usu+1/thaumas etc, had a delve acc set going on) + sole sushi and I was hitting at least 50% of the time on the purple birds, I had no other buffs other than gear/sushi though. The Purple birds can't really be soloed by most melee, at the end plds ended up holding all the adds, while pets tanked Hurkan. The 1st time pld with aegis/burtgang tried to tank it, he died in 4 hits, with a whm mule spaming cure V/VI
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-07-11 13:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

We had a ton of summoners and I'm sure corsairs. It took ~24 hours to get it to 50% and then 2 hours for the rest of it from what I could tell.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Magi
By Fenrir.Magi 2013-07-11 13:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess it's time to dust off the ole holster and get to work! That, or let the JPs do all the work while I park a mule inside the reive and occasionally log when I see them shout / gather, and leech a kill!
 Shiva.Cziella
By Shiva.Cziella 2013-07-11 13:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't figure out how to take down it's aura either, it's definetly not Ice/Earth magic damage since that's what most BLM Puppets were casting, and smns were mostly using Titant/Shiva.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-07-11 13:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck killed the NM last night. Not sure how many ppl we had the the start or finish. But there were plenty of CORs, smn, and RNG/COR. And assorted DD on the adds. The first 20% took about 3 hours. After that, we had enough people, the the colonization rate at 34%, so the rest of the fight took about 2.5 hours.

I got the new COR QD ammo off it. It's nice, but would be nicer if SE made it not shootable.
 Fenrir.Magi
By Fenrir.Magi 2013-07-11 14:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

shoot akvan ammo /qq and re-spam Akvan. shoot animikii or w/e, de-level COR and quit game. That about sums it? I do agree that they should have made the ammo not shootable or at least make it a quiver with unlimited charges like how they made the conquest points ones.
[+]
 Bahamut.Darkone
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Darkone 2013-07-13 16:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Did the attack+ show up when you used that axe in the mainhand. Was it the expected amount of attack+?

And please test it out and see if offhand gets the boost or not from that axe. Like equip it in the m ain hand and see if offhand attack for a lot more that it would without the axe equipt.
By Kirlua 2013-07-14 09:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Got the axe today while trying to get Scythe.
BST/WAR Lv99
- Naked Attack 230
- With axe Attack 707
Parrying was capped at 381, with axe Parrying 569.
Axe skill does not seems to be affected by the Axe skill+188, not sure if it's intended or...
First Page 2